Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa (7155 Views)

Recommend A Nice Place For Vacation In Lagos Please / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba / The Difference Between North Korea And South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by Lookandlaugh: 2:00am On Jan 01, 2019
Thanks for the reply,please what is the distance of AFRICA UNION BUILDING,from BOLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
[quote author=ednited post=74332773][/quote]
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by bamangar: 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
Sunday morning, 30/12/2018, Sis and her friend found their way to one of the RCCG churches in Joborg for Sunday service.
They had an amazing time in the Church and the presence of the Lord.
Follow me on IG on..... @ozorchristian

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by bamangar: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
More photos at the church..

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by speedyconnect3: 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
Why hide sis face but show others? shocked cool

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by ednited(f): 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
Lookandlaugh:
Thanks for the reply,please what is the distance of AFRICA UNION BUILDING,from BOLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

I don't usually pass through AU, but you can check it out on Google map
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by EngrKem: 7:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
Good one
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by bamangar: 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2019
Sis and couple of tourists enjoyed a mini Johannesburg city tour on a metro bus.
She left Johannesburg on Sunday for Addis and from Addis, back to Abuja on Monday 31/12/2018.
Watch Video of the city tour...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jc40zfofRc
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by bamangar: 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2019
My Sister’s Remark on Ethiopia
Ethiopia is a very great country with warm and friendly people. Amharic and English is their official Language. Over 90% of their populations are practicing Jewish religion. They have a viable middle class. They’re contented with what they have, living a normal, simple and comfortable lifestyle. They’re not too religious or forming “Holier than thou”. Dem no dey form, Dem dey real and accommodating. And dem too dey fine.
Sis said Ethiopians treat people with respect, and workers do their jobs without expecting any tip from customers. Almost all the shops she entered, the customer services were top notch.
Sis said their fabrics/clothes are expensive but of low quality. That means the prices of their clothes is not directly proportional to the quality.

My Sister’s Remark on South Africa

South Africa is beautiful but the people are quite relaxed compared to Nigerians. Maybe because our environmental condition here is too harsh.
Sis said, from what she saw and what locals are saying, she believes the crime rate in S.A is higher than that of Nigeria. Their pick pocket there is legendary and aggressive. The tour guild was always with them to direct the routes for smooth security protection.
Sis said she had a conversation with some locals (South Africans) about Nigerians living in S.A. They said Nigerians living in S.A are nice, aggressively hardworking and friendly people. They don’t have any problems with them. Most of the weird things we hear about Nigerians in S.A are mostly Zimbabweans and Malawians who commit those crimes but would instigate the name of Nigerians. Some of the locals said the Zimbabweans are really giving them problems. Sis was surprised because it was quite different from what we see and hear on the news.
Sis enquired about xenophobic attacks on Nigerians. Some of the locals said that it’s mostly lazy South Africans who engage in xenophobic act on other nationals. Because Nigerians are good entrepreneurs and business people, in trying to take over the successful shops and businesses of other African nationals, xenophobic attacks are instigated, thereby chasing those nationals away while they take over their businesses.
Sis said the S.A government is now encouraging entrepreneurship. The buying and selling community over there is viable. No wonder many Nigerian business people in S.A are often successful. According to sis, “If you open market for S.A, you go sell because everything dey sell.

<<<<The end>>>

Thank you for joining me. you can follow me on IG @ozorchristian for more stories
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by Champora: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
I was just checking for information too on Ethiopian visas. I came across this Ethiopian visa site >> https://www.evisa.gov.et << and it claims to be the main visa application website and on it, visa fees for tourists (30 days visit) cost $52. The site also mentioned not to make visa applications to this site >> https://www.ethiopiaevisa.com.

bamangar:

https://www.ethiopiaevisa.com

Cost is $99

Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by bamangar: 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Champora:
I was just checking for information too on Ethiopian visas. I came across this Ethiopian visa site >> https://www.evisa.gov.et << and it claims to be the main visa application website and on it, visa fees for tourists (30 days visit) cost $52. The site also mentioned not to make visa applications to this site >> https://www.ethiopiaevisa.com.

Wow, i made inquiry from Ethiopian Airline here in Naija and i was told the visa is $52. that means the other site charged me higher. Thanks for the research. Would be more careful next time

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by ednited(f): 5:37am On Jan 06, 2019
bamangar:
Ethiopia is a very great country with warm and friendly people. Amharic and English is their official Language. Over 90% of their populations are practicing Jewish religion. They have a viable middle class. They’re contented with what they have, living a normal, simple and comfortable lifestyle. They’re not too religious or forming “Holier than thou”. Dem no dey form, Dem dey real and accommodating. And dem too dey fine.
Sis said Ethiopians treat people with respect, and workers do their jobs without expecting any tip from customers. Almost all the shops she entered, the customer services were top notch.
Sis said their fabrics/clothes are expensive but of low quality. That means the prices of their clothes is not directly proportional to the quality.

South Africa is beautiful but the people are quite relaxed compared to Nigerians. Maybe because our environmental condition here is too harsh.
Sis said, from what she saw and what locals are saying, she believes the crime rate in S.A is higher than that of Nigeria. Their pick pocket there is legendary and aggressive. The tour guild was always with them to direct the routes for smooth security protection.
Sis said she had a conversation with some locals (South Africans) about Nigerians living in S.A. They said Nigerians living in S.A are nice, aggressively hardworking and friendly people. They don’t have any problems with them. Most of the weird things we hear about Nigerians in S.A are mostly Zimbabweans and Malawians who commit those crimes but would instigate the name of Nigerians. Some of the locals said the Zimbabweans are really giving them problems. Sis was surprised because it was quite different from what we see and hear on the news.
Sis enquired about xenophobic attacks on Nigerians. Some of the locals said that it’s mostly lazy South Africans who engage in xenophobic act on other nationals. Because Nigerians are good entrepreneurs and business people, in trying to take over the successful shops and businesses of other African nationals, xenophobic attacks are instigated, thereby chasing those nationals away while they take over their businesses.
Sis said the S.A government is now encouraging entrepreneurship. The buying and selling community over there is viable. No wonder many Nigerian business people in S.A are often successful. According to sis, “If you open market for S.A, you go sell because everything dey sell.

<<<<The end>>>

Thank you for joining me. you can follow me on IG @ozorchristian for more stories

May I correct you on Ethiopia?

Our official language is only Amharic. English has never been official.

Not many follow Jewish, majority are Orthodox Tewahdo religion beleiver including me. I have never even met a Jew Ethiopian but I know they exist in Amhara region. Probably your sister thought that we are Jewish because the way we worship God is different. Ethiopians are very religious.

Two things Ethiopians take very serious
- Ethiopia and their religion

Other is correct. Good day.
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by Godson1988(m): 11:40am On Jan 06, 2019
will like to ask, is Ethiopia visa on arrival.
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by Champora: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
Anytime, and thanks for all your updates too. They're very helpful. smiley

bamangar:

Wow, i made inquiry from Ethiopian Airline here in Naija and i was told the visa is $52. that means the other site charged me higher. Thanks for the research. Would be more careful next time
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2019
bamangar:
I applied for Ethiopian tourist E-visa online for her, paid and few hours later they sent me an email that visa was granted. I was sent the E-copy too, which I gave to sis. Ethiopia is Visa on arrival for all AU member citizens. It’s either you apply in your host country for e-visa or you do that at Addis Ababa at their immigration section at the airport. But I chose to do the application here in Nigeria, to be easier and faster for sis when she gets to Addis.
I booked her hotel in Ethiopia, cancelled the S.A hotel reservation due to the inclusion of Ethiopia in her itinerary and change of dates. I rebooked the S.A hotel with new dates.
According to the booking, she would arrive Ethiopia on 25/12/2018, spend 2 days in Addis then leave for Joborg where she will spend few days. On returning, she would spend a day in Addis before finally returning to Nigeria.
Few days later, sis changed some Naira notes to USD in preparations for her trip. She planned on spending 1000 USD. She also informed her bank on possible transaction using her ATM card over there.
One of Sis former colleague who’s now based in US reached out to a family friend in S.A to see if they can keep Sis a bit warm for a fun stay in Joborg. But unfortunately the family was already in Lagos to celebrate the Christmas. But they promised to make available couple of people to come take her on tour of Joborg city.

Any need for Yellow Card and bank statements for Ethiopian visa?
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by bamangar: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

Any need for Yellow Card and bank statements for Ethiopian visa?

No need for that. Just provide hotel bookings and flight reservation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by Yupng: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2019
Your sis perspective on Johannesburg is completely false and misleading. Whoever gave her those lectures has a clear intent to fool her.

Nigerians are perceived strongly as dubious. Either doing drugs or scam. South africa and other africans hate nigerians. Like they seriously do.

Nigerians mostly strives in Nigeria community. The image of Nigerian is completely destroyed in south Africa. Some might pretend and act nice especially when you are patronising them. But underneath, you are a Nigerian they most be careful of.

She needed to stay in a place long enough to know the people truly.

It will take a nigerian more effort than ordinary to succeed in south Africa. This is nothing but the truth.

bamangar:

<<<<The end>>>

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by suyamasta(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2019
Nice one here
Re: My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa by Juwohn: 9:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hi, can anyone please advise.
I will be travelling to Swaziland next week but the high commission for the country is in Ethiopia, hence I have to stop over at Ethiopia to submit an application.

However, my passport is expiring on the 14 July 2019. Ethiopian visa on arrival policy requires that I have six months validity from the period of travel but I do not have the intention of spending more than 3days in Ethiopia.

Does anyone think I will have issues at the point of entry or departure? Please advice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kitchen In Toilet, Shocking Photos Of 'Coffin Homes' In Hong Kong. / Hotel Of N2,500 Or N3,000 @ Ibadan, Please? / Australia Tourist Visa Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.