Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:54 AM

HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat (623 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat by meeky007(m): 8:57am On Dec 26, 2018
she only sucks breast only. anytime we bring food she starts to cry nd force herself out.
Anyone with the same similarity pls help it's getting to a year now
cc : lalasticlala

Re: HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat by dominique(f): 9:03am On Dec 26, 2018
Stop her from breastfeeding completely. My son was exactly like that as a baby. He would reject all foods except breast milk which hardly sustained him at that age. I had to stop him from breastfeeding as he was approaching 11 months old before he started eating. That's one of the disadvantages of doing exclusive breastfeeding, it makes some babies reject other foods.

3 Likes

Re: HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat by NoToPile: 9:04am On Dec 26, 2018
She will eat with time, some babies are like that just introduce the foods little by little. Try placing some finger foods around her she will pick some from the plate and might end up in her mouth. Or try letting grandma feed her if shes around sometimes kids collect food from elderly ones around.

One bite here one bite there.

Shes cute.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat by meeky007(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2018
NoToPile:
She will eat with time, some babies are like that just introduce the foods little by little. Try placing some finger foods around her she will pick some from the plate and might end up in her mouth. Or try letting grandma feed her if shes around sometimes kids collect food from elderly ones around.

One bite here one bite there.

Shes cute.
thanks.
Re: HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat by LadySarah: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2018
Pls don't stop her,the weather is terrible right now and she needs the warmth from the milk.

You can't force her,just gradually introduce particularly the ones she expressed interest.

If she isn't interested in cereals,try our home foods.
Food like blended okra soup/fresh fish and swallow, boiled Irish/sweet potatoes, boiled eggs,moi moi etc.She will definitely develop interest.

To the first commenter,it is hearsay that will make Ppl say Ebf makes babies choosy or mothers add weight postpartum. The benefits cannot be quantified.

I have successfully Ebfed my two sons for almost 7 mtgs and they eat very much. in fact,they rapidly move t to adult foods instead of baby cereals.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat by LadySarah: 9:29am On Dec 26, 2018
Double post
Re: HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat by Mizwisdom(f): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2018
Try various foods, she must like something. She's big enough for weaning. Let her wear warm clothes for the season and let weaning be a gradual process, hopefully before one, she'll be a good eater

1 Like

Re: HELP! My 10 Months Old Cousin Can't Eat by nnekaike(f): 11:42am On Dec 26, 2018
Am in this same situation now,my daughter is like this.Am really tired.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Begin Burning MTN Mass And Looting Shoprite In Lagos / I Support January Burial Date For My Husband – Seinye Lulu-briggs / Lady Tearfully Begs The FG To Make It Constitutionally Compulsory For Men To Mar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.