Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison (7756 Views)

Orji Kalu Visits Ignatius Kaigama, Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja (PHOTOS) / Ignatius Kaigama Assumes Duty As Abuja Catholic Archbishop / Onaiyekan Hands Over To Ignatius Kaigama As Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by EmagNig(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2018
Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama, the Catholic Archbishop of Jos, fed 991 inmates in Jos Prison on Christmas Day, NAN reports.

The Catholic priest said that the gesture was aimed at giving the prisoners a sense of belonging in the society.

“Christmas is a season of love and alms-giving, and these prisoners are part of the society, so we need to show them love and care.

“This is what prompted my decision to do this in the last 18 years to celebrate my Christmas with them; to wine and dine with them,” he said.

The archbishop called on well-meaning Nigerians to remember the needy, particularly in seasons of love like Christmas.

The prelate also urged the prisoners not to be disturbed by their present state, but use it as a springboard to attain greater height in life.

He also called on government and relevant authorities to make the prisons in the country more habitable for the inmates.

Other items such as beverages, bathing and washing soaps and body creams, among other items, were donated to the inmates

https://lailasnews.com/catholic-bishop-feeds-991-inmates-in-jos-prison/

lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by recievesense: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2018
I hope to see more of this from the Private Jet Pastors.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2018
cool

Thank you baby Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by computerglobal(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2018
Good
Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by chloride6: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2018
God bless you Reverend

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Mastadestiny(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2018
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2018
Oka

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Arysexy(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
Christ-like.

Bravo Bishop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Ceekay212: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
recievesense:
nice dig wink

1 Like

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by easynetsms(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ok
Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by globalresource: 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
Well-done Church of God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by JayB11(m): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2018
Nobody is above mistakes, we all commit attrocities like the prisoners, grace kept us out of those walls, we should not condemn them but show them love so that their conscience may reintegrate and transform them away from what took them into that yard. Catholic Church i am proud of you!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by GoodFaith: 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
Do we not have a budget to feed prisoners
Sad

1 Like

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by foreshore(m): 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
NoGender:
cool

Thank you baby Jesus.

Jesus is no longer a baby, he is coming back soon!!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by taroyamane(m): 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
God bless the Bishop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by autotrader014(m): 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2018
recievesense:

You can also touch lifes too and not sitting in your house waiting to see others do theirs.. do your owm part.. ndi uchu

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by VcStunner(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2018
The Catholic Church is known for humanitarian projects and charitable courses.
As a Catholic, I applaud every effort no matter how little that's made towards the needy. Remember that the needy must not be the poor and broke.

Haven said that, it is important to understand that what Peter Obi was reported doing is a normal for him over the years and so it is to so many others. For those who think this is about politics, well u may be half right and half wrong. But the bottom line is that humanity wins at the end.
Boxing day continum

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by johnmba: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
recievesense:

They do so too
Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by jife(m): 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
For 18years he has been faithful to this quest. God bless you sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Lucifer66(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2018
Waste of resources.
Give it to the sick.
Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
The reason why I LOVE ❤ CATHOLIC CHURCH and Am proud to be one. U and I need to exercise our faith.
Faith + Good work = Heaven. According to the book of James.

Catholic = Prayer,Fasting Love Faith, Hope, Alms giving.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Damibiz(m): 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2018
Father lord give me the heart to give like this Padre come next year. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Glink2018(m): 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2018
recievesense:

Just for your information, some churches feed the inmates on a weekly bases. E.g RCCG .
...so which charitable work does your sect engage in?
Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by footprint17(m): 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2018
recievesense:
who did this to you?.........

Bishop God bless you.... And bless all who do similar..
Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Lordspicy(m): 1:02am On Dec 27, 2018
things Muslims will never do
Re: Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison by Abee79(m): 2:43am On Dec 27, 2018
Okay, now we know. There, you see, Bishop? You have your reward undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Occupies The Minds Of Atheists 24/7 / 5 Protestants Who Surprisingly Defended Mary’s Perpetual Virginity / How Do I Become A Luciferian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.