Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,819 members, 7,956,087 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:23 AM

IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 (7546 Views)

Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos Will Hold On July 3 - Olayomi Koiki / Nigeria’s FDI Inflows Increased 4% To $2.4bn In 2020 – UNCTAD / #endsars Protests: Lagos Will Need N1trn For Reconstruction — Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by farem: 6:08am On Dec 27, 2018
Great
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by toven342: 6:08am On Dec 27, 2018
sure
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 27, 2018
three:
Case in point

In 2007 after constructing ONLY 4km of a 46km road LCC (ask me who owns LCC) put up a tollgate! Only 4km into the project!

Siddon dia dey run pomade
Who owns LCC?

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by winterfell007(m): 6:11am On Dec 27, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Some people will be so angry now. Watch how they will claim it.

You are really a pathetic fellow. Why would 'some people' be angry? They have as much right as every other people to claim it so long as they continue to contribute their own quota to the growth and development of the city.
You have a myopic mindset for thinking because Lagos sits on the western part of Nigeria, then only the people of western origin will enjoy the services that Lagos provides. If that's the case, why didn't Lagos State construct a road or build a new hospital and tagg it 'Yorubas only' You better recalibrate your medulla.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 6:16am On Dec 27, 2018
ednut1:
With Tinubu pocketing 20% of it.

This is obviously sad news for "developers"

4 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by three: 6:18am On Dec 27, 2018
litdutchboy:

Who owns LCC?

https://allafrica.com/stories/200807210764.html

Beht you knew dis na...? undecided

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by vioment: 6:20am On Dec 27, 2018
Still small money.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 27, 2018
three:

https://allafrica.com/stories/200807210764.html

Beht you knew dis na...? undecided
Tinubu and his Lebanese business partner Chaugory- who also corner all the construction contracts in Lagos

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by winterfell007(m): 6:23am On Dec 27, 2018
Seetto:
Some people from another side want us to dish out lagos to one regular customer...tinubu,fashola,ambode, sanwoolu.. Lagos for real.

Siddon there make pant dey wear you. All your Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and probably the incoming Sanwolu couldn't construct and complete blue rail line systems from mile 2 all the way down to Badagry for 10 straight years while other countries you are forming giants for have completed theirs in record time. Come to our area and see what that useless project has caused us,

3 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 27, 2018
ednut1:

Still better than your saraki no vision in kwara state

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 6:23am On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

You are really a pathetic fellow. Why would 'some people' be angry? They have as much right as every other people to claim it so long as they continue to contribute their own quota to the growth and development of the city.
You have a myopic mindset for thinking because Lagos sits on the western part of Nigeria, then only the people of western origin will enjoy the services that Lagos provides. If that's the case, why didn't Lagos State construct a road or build a new hospital and tagg it 'Yorubas only' You better recalibrate your medulla.

a typical developer sighted grin

Ask yourself if Anambra (for e.g.) is owned by the Yorubas. Apply your answer into answering the question of who owns Lagos.

Ask yourself who the hosts are in Lagos, and who the aliens are.

You just exhibited the "developers" syndrome up above.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 6:26am On Dec 27, 2018
AndLeo:
Will ordinary citizens benefit? Or is it only growing in Tinubu's bank account?

another "developer" sighted

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by RealityShot: 6:29am On Dec 27, 2018
By implication, this could be more
if the congestion at the port and the
negative effect this has on the
economy is addressed.”
that can be solved by directing some import commodities to our other sea ports, like Onne Sea Port.

For example, all vehicle containers, half of petrol and kerosene tankers should go to Onne.

But that is a Federal directive which Lagos Government & Yoruba people continue to fight against!

later, they will Say Buhari is not delivering his campaign promises!

do you know how many jobs that will be created in Rivers state if that Port becomes fully active?

Buhari might hide bad people like Tinumbu in 2nd term and make life better for all.. So..

VOTE BUHARI for continuity

#AtikuNOTanOption
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by ednut1(m): 6:39am On Dec 27, 2018
olagbola55:

Still better than your saraki no vision in kwara state
dont piss me. What has Saraki got to do with this Did i tell u i support saraki I schooled in ilorin during saraki's tenure he is also a thief
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 6:40am On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

Siddon there make pant dey wear you. All your Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and probably the incoming Sanwolu couldn't construct and complete blue rail line systems from mile 2 all the way down to Badagry for 10 straight years while other countries you are forming giants for have completed theirs in record time. Come to our area and see what that useless project has caused us,

1. Work is still going on and never stopped, the project slowed down on several occasions because of lawsuits, relocation of power piles and pipelines.

2. Comparing Lagos, an ordinary state in Nigeria with sovereign countries with sovereign wealth was ignorant.

4. Lagos state is not just constructing a Metro line, they are constructing a 10 lane freeway with BRT access at the same time.

3. If you are even going to compare Lagos with other countries in Africa, show us the ones constructing a 10 lane freeway system with Metro rail and BRT access, multiple stations and metro rail bridge over a Lagoon.

Many of you always cannot wait to let us know how much you hate your country and put your country down when in fact your own country is doing better than other countries.

How many states, I don't mean country, I mean states in Africa are undertaking so massive projects.? Name one, apart from Lagos state in Nigeria.

Many of you need to ease off ignorance, hatred, tribalism and the need to demean yourselves unnecessarily.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 6:44am On Dec 27, 2018
ednut1:

You don't have Tinubu is your village to pocket your money, but your village is still in the stone age with nothing to show, so what's your excuse
?
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 6:51am On Dec 27, 2018

3 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Max24: 6:51am On Dec 27, 2018
deomelllo:

1. Work is still going on and never stopped, the project slowed down on several occasions because of lawsuits, relocation of power piles and pipelines.

2. Comparing Lagos, an ordinary state in Nigeria with sovereign countries with sovereign wealth was ignorant.

4. Lagos state is not just constructing a Metro line, they are constructing a 10 lane freeway with BRT access at the same time.

3. If you are even going to compare Lagos with other countries in Africa, show us the ones constructing a 10 lane freeway system with Metro rail and BRT access, multiple stations and metro rail bridge over a Lagoon.

Many of you always cannot wait to let us know how much you hate your country and put your country down when in fact your own country is doing better than other countries.

How many states, I don't mean country, I mean states in Africa are undertaking so massive projects.? Name one, apart from Lagos state in Nigeria.

Many of you need to ease off ignorance, hatred, tribalism and the need to demean yourselves unnecessarily.
But why are your principals adamant about not passing the FOI law ? Let there be transparency in all the ownership and revenue structures ? Transparency is a key ingredient of true development.

3 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 6:51am On Dec 27, 2018
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 6:53am On Dec 27, 2018
[s]
Max24:

But why are your principals adamant about passing the FOI law ? Let there be transparency in all the ownership and revenue structures ? Transparency is a key ingredient of true development.
[/s]

I don't remember quoting you to debate irrelevant rubbish about FOI, start your own topic to debate your own FOI rubbish.

Argue with me based on what I asserted, not based on your own fabricated argument and topics.

3 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by AndLeo(m): 7:01am On Dec 27, 2018
TAO11:

another "developer" sighted

Thiefnibu zombie
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Max24: 7:10am On Dec 27, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

I don't remember quoting you to debate irrelevant rubbish about FOI, start your own topic to debate your own FOI rubbish.

Argue with me based on what I asserted, not based on your own fabricated argument and topics.
Very predictable of APC supporters ! Running when hit at their weak spot. Always calling others looters but when thier yansh is exposed they turn acidic. You people should stop dancing naked in the streets. BTW, the Lagos masses are no fools, we know APC stands for corruption. Bullying will not help your campaigns. Lagos APC should render account of spendings to citizens.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2018
AndLeo:

Thiefnibu zombie

You don't have Tinubu is your village to pocket your money, but your village is still in the stone age with nothing to show, so what's your excuse
?

4 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 7:12am On Dec 27, 2018
[s]
Max24:

Very predictable of APC supporters ! Running when hit at their weak spot. Always calling others looters but when thier yansh is exposed they turn acidic. You people should stop dancing naked in the streets. BTW, the Lagos masses are no fools, we know APC stands for corruption. Bullying will not help your campaigns. Lagos APC should render account of spendings to citizens.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Seetto: 7:13am On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

Is that all? What else. Lagos has achieved greater development than 20 states combined together in the last 18yrs.

4 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by rexwalters: 7:14am On Dec 27, 2018
dingbang:
Who owns Lagos?
And kanu said biafra region will grow by how much?oh I forgot the Citizens of Biafra that matter are all based in Lagos & kano.

5 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 7:15am On Dec 27, 2018

I just want to know why all your villages are still backward like stone age enclaves even though you don't have Tinubu to loot your money.

What's your excuse?

These jokers will kill themselves over other people's business, but their own village is nothing to write home about?

So, who is stealing your own money in your backward villages?

Is it Tinubu?

3 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by propsvila: 7:19am On Dec 27, 2018
Ambode was not bad at all as a Governor, he really changed the face of Lagos as a Mega city and he did many gigantic projects. Just Oshodi Transport Interchange covers all the flyover Fashola did in Lagos, he did well to light up Lagos, changed Bus terminals, Changed the face of bus stop and many on going projects. It is unfortunate that he will not continue as a Governor.
Hope who ever that will become Lagos Governor will surpass his achievements.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by propsvila: 7:21am On Dec 27, 2018
Seetto:

Is that all? What else. Lagos has achieved greater development than 20 states combined together in the last 18yrs.
Significant work on that road happened under Ambode. Fashola messed up for not finishing that road in Eight years. The man is over hyped.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Pigsandidiots: 7:34am On Dec 27, 2018
[s]
winterfell007:

[/s]Just as they contribute their quota to the developement of Asia, America n Europe. They have much right, come n claim it na. Can you tell us here what and how they contribute to the development of lagos? This is the question you people have never answered in your life. Your brain is paining you. I know you are pained and angry. If u are not, answer the question i asked.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AfDB Appoints Chinelo Anohu To Head Africa Investment Forum / Ugwuanyi Receives FG Award For Reforming Enugu Judiciary (pictures) / Breaking News About Buhari!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.