Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 (7408 Views)

Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos Will Hold On July 3 - Olayomi Koiki / Nigeria’s FDI Inflows Increased 4% To $2.4bn In 2020 – UNCTAD / #endsars Protests: Lagos Will Need N1trn For Reconstruction — Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Max24: 7:54am On Dec 27, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

I don't remember quoting you to debate irrelevant rubbish about FOI, start your own topic to debate your own FOI rubbish.

Argue with me based on what I asserted, not based on your own fabricated argument and topics.
Dear Deomello, I have not derailed from the topic of your thread which is about Lagos growth of 4% and is about Lagos developement. One of the MATTERS ARISING out of that topic is FOI. You can't talk of true and verfiable development/growth without transparency which FOI is about. Or isn't that what obtains in developed countries ? Imagine the size of Lagos budget without accountability - beats my imagination. Take note I am not PDP and I have not mentioned Buhari in this discussions. I have limited my talk to Lagos which is also ur subject.I am just a concerned Lagosian and I know you are passionate about Lagos. BTW, I am surprised u called FOI rubbish. How will Lagos attract sustained foreign investment without FOI ?
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Originalsly: 8:11am On Dec 27, 2018
I always wonder why politicians make these big empty statements.... but from the general comments I an see why....people open their mouths wide and just swallow....hook, line and sinker.
How much did Lagos grow in 2018? Does the IMF set the agenda and budget for Lagos to predict it will grow by 4%? So regardless of what Ambode does/does not do...Lagos is going to grow by 4%. Lagos.... one of world's top tourism places.... really?...no numbers? These guys just disrespect the masses.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Ziggylady(f): 8:15am On Dec 27, 2018
ednut1:
With Tinubu pocketing 20% of it.

Make that 50%

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 8:33am On Dec 27, 2018
Max24:

Dear Deomello, I have not derailed from the topic of your thread which is about Lagos growth of 4% and is about Lagos developement. One of the MATTERS ARISING out of that topic is FOI. You can't talk of true and verfiable development/growth without transparency which FOI is about. Or isn't that what obtains in developed countries ? Imagine the size of Lagos budget without accountability - beats my imagination. Take note I am not PDP and I have not mentioned Buhari in this discussions. I have limited my talk to Lagos which is also ur subject.I am just a concerned Lagosian and I know you are passionate about Lagos. BTW, I am surprised u called FOI rubbish. How will Lagos attract sustained foreign investment without FOI ?

I know your type and I saw your usual irrelevant and off topic tactics. The thread is about Lagos state and forecasted growth, not FOI and last I checked, there's a clear difference between economic growth and FOI.

Your FOI was a needless diversion and the usual Tinubu or other people are looting insinuations which I really have nothing against because that's your opinion, but it's not by force for me to engage such irrelevant and off-topic diversion.

You really can do better by directing the same energy to your own villages and governors since you people can never show us what they are doing with your taxes and allocations.

..besides, you care less about Lagos and even if you really care about accountability in Nigeria, you should by now be showing me how you fought for accountability in your own state with FOI

Charity begins at home.

Go and seek FOI in your own village because they have nothing to show for the taxes and allocations they are collecting from you.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by akigbemaru: 8:44am On Dec 27, 2018
three:
Case in point

Lagos took out a circa N50bn loan to finance a PPP. (If you look closely you will find a parody in there)

In 2007 after constructing ONLY 4km of a 46km road LCC (ask me who owns LCC) put up a tollgate! Only 4km into the project!

In 2011 Bros Fash d fash formed 'we will suspend tolling' - Lagos State paid for every vehicle that passes without paying! (this was signed into the contract ab initio)

In fact, Lagos State until recently paid for every vehicle that passed the other tollgate at Conservation Plaza!

In 2018 with ONLY 21km of the 46km to Epe done, Lagos is still owing N40B!

After all the Tolls? After completing ONLY half of the work?

Bonus - the pedestrian bridges for the Mobil to VGC section were 60% paid for in 2011! Have all 5 been built?

Siddon dia dey run pomade

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Max24: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2018
deomelllo:

I know your type and I saw your usual irrelevant and off topic tactics. The thread is about Lagos state and forced growth, not FOI and last I checked, there's a clear difference between economic growth and FOI.

Your FOI was a needless diversion and the usual Tinubu or other people are looting insinuations which I really have nothing against because that's your opinion, but it's not by force for me to engage such irrelevant and off-topic diversion.

You really can do better by directing the same energy to your own villages and governors since you people can never show us what they are doing with your taxes and allocations.

..besides, you care less about Lagos and even if you really care about accountability in Nigeria, you should by now be showing me how you fought for accountability in your own state with FOI

Charity begins at home.

Go and seek FOI in your own village because they have nothing to show for the taxes and allocations they are collecting from you.
Point of correction my brother. I am not from the East if thats what u are implying. I am a Lagosian like you by birth but I believe in accountability. I am a stakeholder in Lagos in many ways - by birth, residence and I pay my taxes to Alausa. So we are supposed to be parners in a better and transparent Lagos.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by winterfell007(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2018
TAO11:

a typical developer sighted grin

Ask yourself if Anambra (for e.g.) is owned by the Yorubas. Apply your answer into answering the question of who owns Lagos.

Ask yourself who the hosts are in Lagos, and who the aliens are.

You just exhibited the "developers" syndrome up above.

There's no such things as host or alien provided we are live in a geographical location called Nigeria. Besides nothing stops you from going to Anambra to buy properties and do business provided you contribute your own quota its development, then you are as much an 'anambrain' as any other person who originally came from Anambra. Get that!!
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by winterfell007(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2018
deomelllo:

1. Work is still going on and never stopped, the project slowed down on several occasions because of lawsuits, relocation of power piles and pipelines.

2. Comparing Lagos, an ordinary state in Nigeria with sovereign countries with sovereign wealth was ignorant.

4. Lagos state is not just constructing a Metro line, they are constructing a 10 lane freeway with BRT access at the same time.

3. If you are even going to compare Lagos with other countries in Africa, show us the ones constructing a 10 lane freeway system with Metro rail and BRT access, multiple stations and metro rail bridge over a Lagoon.

Many of you always cannot wait to let us know how much you hate your country and put your country down when in fact your own country is doing better than other countries.

How many states, I don't mean country, I mean states in Africa are undertaking so massive projects.? Name one, apart from Lagos state in Nigeria.

Many of you need to ease off ignorance, hatred, tribalism and the need to demean yourselves unnecessarily.

Look Deomello, I'm igbo to the core, that doesn't make me tribalist or show hate towards other enthic groups other than mine. I'm only making an objective opinion.

Having typed that, is it not you and fellow 'omoluabis' that normally tout that: 'if Lagos were a country, it would be the fifth biggest economy in Africa' Lagos is much bigger than Kenya and Morocco that completed their metrolines in record time,
Considering the fact that APC has always direct the fate of Lagos since 1999, one would have expected it must gone further (at least Fashola tried his best) it wasn't enough, that your 'geepee' tank of a Governor you all call 'class captain' made a mess of the whole thing considering the fact that he declared the largest budget of 1 trillion naira since the history of Lagos State.
When people of other enthic groups express their displeasure at the way the APC led administration is 'fucking' up in Lagos, they are in their right to do so. Afterall, they're all equal stakeholders, the only their ancestors were not originally from Lagos.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by winterfell007(m): 9:45am On Dec 27, 2018
Seetto:

Is that all? What else. Lagos has achieved greater development than 20 states combined together in the last 18yrs.

You are here forming local Champion, why don't you compare Lagos with Johannesburg, Cairo and their likes, those are your mates in terms of population, infrastructure and cityscape live.
When compared with them, Lagos still dey wear 'pampers', those cities don dey rock 'jeans'
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by winterfell007(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
[s][/s]Just as they contribute their quota to the developement of Asia, America n Europe. They have much right, come n claim it na. Can you tell us here what and how they contribute to the development of lagos? This is the question you people have never answered in your life. Your brain is paining you. I know you are pained and angry. If u are not, answer the question i asked.
My people are generally known as traders from Alaba international market to Balogun market to Idumota market, to Trade fair along mile 2 to Computer village and others. They are actively categorized into the MSME (medium and small scale enterprise) segment of our economy. You might think they small in nature but there numbers make them a significant player in their industry. That's why Fashola made efforts to provide some basic social services in those markets and ensured LIRS had mobile offices in those markets, to ensure that they continue to pay their taxes and levies. So my friend, they are equal stakeholders as far as Lagos is concerned.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by 9jaRealist: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2018
Originalsly:
I always wonder why politicians make these big empty statements.... but from the general comments I an see why....people open their mouths wide and just swallow....hook, line and sinker.
How much did Lagos grow in 2018? Does the IMF set the agenda and budget for Lagos to predict it will grow by 4%? So regardless of what Ambode does/does not do...Lagos is going to grow by 4%. Lagos.... one of world's top tourism places.... really?...no numbers? These guys just disrespect the masses.
The GDP figures for Lagos are well-known and has been in the public realm for a long time.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by 9jaRealist: 10:09am On Dec 27, 2018
Raiders:
lagos is one of the poorest mega city in the world. stop comparing lagos with those small African countries with populations of less than 5 million people. compare lagos with mega cities in other developing countries like Johannesburg, Cairo, Mexico city, New Delhi. lagos is a complete mess with no major transit system. infact lagos is 1 of 2 other mega cities in the world without a mass transit system
No, it is NOT! Lagos’ GDP is greater than the GDP of the nations of Ghana and Kenya COMBINED!

Meanwhile, a major and relatively wealthy mega city like Jakarta (Indonesia), which is even bigger than Lagos with an estimated 30 million population has NO rail-based mass transit system. In fact, Johannesburg’s Gautrain is actually technically NOT a metro rail system. Nonetheless, Lagos’ recent agreement with France’s Alstom virtually ensures that Lagos will end up with a world-class metro system.

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by 9jaRealist: 10:23am On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

Siddon there make pant dey wear you. All your Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and probably the incoming Sanwolu couldn't construct and complete blue rail line systems from mile 2 all the way down to Badagry for 10 straight years while other countries you are forming giants for have completed theirs in record time. Come to our area and see what that useless project has caused us,

Major infrastructural and engineering projects are not easy to complete - especially in a country like Nigeria where it took the NNPC 3 years to relocate their pipelines and encroachment on the right-of-way takes seemingly interminable time to sort out (up until this year, the fencing of the Ojo Military Cantonment was still abutting on the RoW). Even in arguably the world’s most technologically-advanced nation the US, it took 25 years and a cost overrun (from $2.8b to over $22b) to complete the so-called Boston Big Dig, which was just a 1.5 mile tunnel.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by mercyville: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2018
I thought some uninformed ones will disparage the Yorubas with Ibadan which is their typical trademark.
I have stopped them doing this by bringing all the indices of development vis-a-vis economy,infrastructures,media etc,residential buildings,GRAs and only Ibadan has beaten all the 5 South Eastern states hands down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Originalsly: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2018
9jaRealist:

The GDP figures for Lagos are well-known and has been in the public realm for a long time.

I missed it...enlighten me. What is the GDP for 2018?...this year?...we are here to learn.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by abdulwastecx(m): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

Look Deomello, I'm igbo to the core, that doesn't make me tribalist or show hate towards other enthic groups other than mine. I'm only making an objective opinion.

Having typed that, is it not you and fellow 'omoluabis' that normally tout that: 'if Lagos were a country, it would be the fifth biggest economy in Africa' Lagos is much bigger than Kenya and Morocco that completed their metrolines in record time,
Considering the fact that APC has always direct the fate of Lagos since 1999, one would have expected it must gone further (at least Fashola tried his best) it wasn't enough, that your 'geepee' tank of a Governor you all call 'class captain' made a mess of the whole thing considering the fact that he declared the largest budget of 1 trillion naira since the history of Lagos State.
When people of other enthic groups express their displeasure at the way the APC led administration is 'fucking' up in Lagos, they are in their right to do so. Afterall, they're all equal stakeholders, the only their ancestors were not originally from Lagos.

Morocco is a much bigger country than Lagos state, it has a population of 35.7m people, it has a much larger land mass and resources at its disposal and can't be compared to a tiny city like Lagos.

The Lagos state government under the leadership of Asiwaju Tinubu has done much to lay a good foundation for the development of Lagos since 1999. Lagos was a mess before 1999, the Military government did nothing after the capital city was moved to Abuja, states like Kano and all oil producing states get more in revenue from the federal government than Lagos despite most having a smaller population and challenges. Tinubu devises a means to generate revenue through other means to augment whatever coming from the federal government.

Most of you criticizing Tinubu are only doing it out of hatred and envy and not for the betterment of Lagos. Lagos have a good future under the leadership of APC and the omoluabis

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by blackpanthers: 12:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
ekestic1976:

Why would they be angry about an idea whose architects they are? Are they not the Developers of Lagos who sand-filled the ocean beachline, erected the setbacks at Victoria Island, Ikoyi and the other places? This technology they have transferred to Asia and Latin America. They're so good at this that they don't mind leaving their homeland to erosion, for as the Bible says, Love your neighbour!

Abeg no kill those developer from the erosion capital of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by blackpanthers: 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2018
9jaRealist:

No, it is NOT! Lagos’ GDP is greater than the GDP of the nations of Ghana and Kenya COMBINED!

Meanwhile, a major and relatively wealthy mega city like Jakarta (Indonesia), which is even bigger than Lagos with an estimated 30 million population has NO rail-based mass transit system. In fact, Johannesburg’s Gautrain is actually technically NOT a metro rail system. Nonetheless, Lagos’ recent agreement with France’s Alstom virtually ensures that Lagos will end up with a world-class metro system.

Don't mind those chest beater, they always envy and make a stupid generalization without thinking critically.

Lagos is an overcrowded city because of the influx from erosion ravaging part of Nigeria, most of which are not productive and contribute close to zero in tax. Such a city requires major infrastructure in transportation, mass housing, and security. Lagos is doing well with the little resource it has

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Pigsandidiots: 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

My people are generally known as traders from Alaba international market to Balogun market to Idumota market, to Trade fair along mile 2 to Computer village and others. They are actively categorized into the MSME (medium and small scale enterprise) segment of our economy. You might think they small in nature but there numbers make them a significant player in their industry. That's why Fashola made efforts to provide some basic social services in those markets and ensured LIRS had mobile offices in those markets, to ensure that they continue to pay their taxes and levies. So my friend, they are equal stakeholders as far as Lagos is concerned.
They for no pay tax na. Abi no be only them dey pay tax. Only lagos is where you pay tax. You do not in ur region. The yorubas n hausas in igboland pay tax but u will not see them shouting development. Go to UK n tell them u pay tax, so u have same right as their citizen na.

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Bragalane: 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
three:

20%?!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If or when you run the numbers, you will find that it's the OTHER WAY round.

Lagosians (people who live in Lagos) get 10-15%
That Bourdillon guy and his cronies get 85-90%

I've done threads with the facts but the PR slush fund always gets in the way lipsrsealed

Abi you people think it is ONLY Tinubu that is chopping the 85-90%?

But how far with your Biafra state that no chop anything from its wealth how does it compare to Lagos Tinubu as hijacked all its wealth ?

The wailing of you Igbos is eternal I swear.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Bragalane: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

You are really a pathetic fellow. Why would 'some people' be angry? They have as much right as every other people to claim it so long as they continue to contribute their own quota to the growth and development of the city.
You have a myopic mindset for thinking because Lagos sits on the western part of Nigeria, then only the people of western origin will enjoy the services that Lagos provides. If that's the case, why didn't Lagos State construct a road or build a new hospital and tagg it 'Yorubas only' You better recalibrate your medulla.
You entire tribe is more pathetic wasting 2 million of it tribesmen in a fruitless war that negates the analogy you stated. Now who is the pathetic fool ?

winterfell007:

Siddon there make pant dey wear you. All your Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and probably the incoming Sanwolu couldn't construct and complete blue rail line systems from mile 2 all the way down to Badagry for 10 straight years while other countries you are forming giants for have completed theirs in record time. Come to our area and see what that useless project has caused us,
How many as been constructed in Biafra ?
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Basic123: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
ednut1:
With Tinubu pocketing 20% of it.
but Igbo own 90% of Lagos now grin
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Bragalane: 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
Max24:

But why are your principals adamant about not passing the FOI law ? Let there be transparency in all the ownership and revenue structures ? Transparency is a key ingredient of true development.
. As your own foolish principals passed FOI into law n how well is your state doing compared to Lagos ?
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Bragalane: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2018
Max24:

. You Igbos are so unwise. How as Lagos Ogun been attracting investment more than the entire Biafra without FOI now or have the Biafran drawn more investment to their states ?

Max24:

Point of correction my brother. I am not from the East if thats what u are implying. I am a Lagosian like you by birth but I believe in accountability. I am a stakeholder in Lagos in many ways - by birth, residence and I pay my taxes to Alausa. So we are supposed to be parners in a better and transparent Lagos.
pls direct your concern to the states of both your mother n father, let those of us that ours are from here worry about Lagos.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by Bragalane: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

Before others can come for Lagos let them show us how beta they are doing than Lagos ? I am yet to see American complaining California is not as beautiful as heaven. Let Biafrans show us how Biafra is beta than Lagos and we go from there, instead of talking rubbish on NL daily.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by mercyville: 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
Bragalane:
Before others can come for Lagos let them show us how beta they are doing than Lagos ? I am yet to see American complaining California is not as beautiful as heaven. Let Biafrans show us how Biafra is beta than Lagos and we go from there, instead of talking rubbish on NL daily.

If Lagos is too big for them,let them compare with Ibadan.All Igbo states
joined together do not come close to Ibadan in development.
I am still touring Ibadan using the Yuletide period and I am amazed at the level of development of this city even with the old part where I started my journey from.When I went to Alalubosa GRA,it was massive and has mainly modern....almost all the buildings.,...stone coated roofs with good road network.Ibadan has more than 10 GRAs.I just got to know of Samonda GRA and Alao Akala GRA.I met a Yoruba man in Ibadan who was born in Kano and had travelled extensively at Ekotedo street(where I saw our Igbo brothers trading...they are really very scanty in Ibadan and the Yorubas dominate all the markets here).
We got talking and I asked him about the development of Ibadan compared to Kano and he said the things Kano has more than Ibadan are industries.He said as for modern buildings and facilities,Ibadan is greatly above Kano.After this,I am going on tour to Kano to verify myself.
Touring a place you have been to severally,entering all the nooks and crannies,is really a big fun.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

I'm Yoruba and according to you, you are ibo, so obviously, we have different cultural, political, socio-ethnic, economic views and outlook.

Talking about budgets and fu#ing up Lagos is a shallow reflection and understanding of Lagos as a state, the people of Lagos state, governmental responsibilities and financial obligations.

Politically, your views are pretty much redundant since it's up to the people of Lagos state to always decide via their PVCs at the ballot box and so far, the people of Lagos state, including your so called other ethnic groups in Lagos state are comfortable and pleased with their elected officials and their accomplishments hence keeping them in office since 1999 and beyond and obviously, they'll make the same choice next year.

According to you, you are ibo to the core, so why not spend more time worrying about your own backward, unproductive towns and villages and incompetent governors?

Your towns and villages are in shambles, but you have the odercity to lecture other people per how to run their states.
Charity begins at home so face your home
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
winterfell007:

There's no such things as host or alien provided we are live in a geographical location called Nigeria. Besides nothing stops you from going to Anambra to buy properties and do business provided you contribute your own quota its development, then you are as much an 'anambrain' as any other person who originally came from Anambra. Get that!!

no body goes to Anambra etc. to buy properties there; not because they dont have the transport fare to do that, but because it is not a good "business" decision to make.

the enabling business environment is just not there. the host (aka the indigenous people and indigenous government) have historically not done enough to make it a choice busineess destination.

for e.g. the cultural shock could be so sharp and embarrasing, non-indeginous people are not assured of a sense of safety, etc. there is just not enough infrastructure which can be blamed on the successive local and state authorities because fed allocations goes there too from the days of the military central govt., through the 16 years of PDP central govt., and now the 3-4 years of APC central govt.

The same thing can not be said of Lagos/Eko regarding its host (i.e. the indigenous people aka the Yorubas and the indigenous government whi has evidently been less corrupt).

the enabling environment has always been there, the host are peace loving people, and this has made Lagos/Eko a choice destination for better life seekers even long before the creation of Nigeria and even before the Europeans first colonized us.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2018
AndLeo:

Thiefnibu zombie

what if I'm a Lagosian and PDP supporter ? grin

just asking! think.

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
abdulwastecx:

Morocco is a much bigger country than Lagos state, it has a population of 35.7m people, it has a much larger land mass and resources at its disposal and can't be compared to a tiny city like Lagos.

The Lagos state government under the leadership of Asiwaju Tinubu has done much to lay a good foundation for the development of Lagos since 1999. Lagos was a mess before 1999, the Military government did nothing after the capital city was moved to Abuja, states like Kano and all oil producing states get more in revenue from the federal government than Lagos despite most having a smaller population and challenges. Tinubu devises a means to generate revenue through other means to augment whatever coming from the federal government.

Most of you criticizing Tinubu are only doing it out of hatred and envy and not for the betterment of Lagos. Lagos have a good future under the leadership of APC and the omoluabis

I just don't know why the ignorant people love to compare Lagos state, a state in Nigeria with sovereign nations and sovereign wealth.

Even the Lagos state Metro is a more complex and comprehensive project than what these ignorant Igbos are comparing it with, the countries they are talking about are not building a 10 lane freeway system with BRT access, they did not build massive Metro rail stations, they did not build massive Metro Rail bridge over any Lagoon or body of water.

This project is the largest public works project in Nigeria and Africa.

...but the ignorant chest beaters with nothing to show for their taxes and allocations in their towns and villages are here spewing their usual ignorant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by OMANBALA1: 3:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
TAO11:

a typical developer sighted grin

Ask yourself if Anambra (for e.g.) is owned by the Yorubas. Apply your answer into answering the question of who owns Lagos.

Ask yourself who the hosts are in Lagos, and who the aliens are.

You just exhibited the "developers" syndrome up above.

You are a very smart example of what is wrong with a Nigerian youth. You lack basic reasoning skills, its pathetic. My attempt at addressing you gives me head aches because I dont know where to start from. But,let me ask you a simple question. What are you on about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening / Yemi Osibanjo As Vp...apc's Masterstroke! / Too Bad ..... UNIBEN Girl Paid ONLY $10 To Dance In N@ked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.