Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,393 members, 7,822,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 (7412 Views)

Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos Will Hold On July 3 - Olayomi Koiki / Nigeria’s FDI Inflows Increased 4% To $2.4bn In 2020 – UNCTAD / #endsars Protests: Lagos Will Need N1trn For Reconstruction — Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by OMANBALA1: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
deomelllo:

I just don't know why the ignorant people love to compare Lagos state, a state in Nigeria with sovereign nations and sovereign wealth.

Even the Lagos state Metro is a more complex and comprehensive project than what these ignorant Igbos are comparing it with, the countries they are talking about are not building a 10 lane freeway system with BRT access, they did not build massive Metro rail stations, they did not build massive Metro Rail bridge over any Lagoon or body of water.

This project is the largest public works project in Nigeria and Africa.

...but the ignorant chest beaters with nothing to show for their taxes and allocations in their towns and villages are here spewing their usual ignorant nonsense.

So, you know Lagos lacks the privilege of a sovereign state yet you run into this thread and started bragging about how lagos is better than some African countries? You and I know Lagos is a big hot mess and there is nothing to celebrate yet you wont keep your big mouth shut.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by AndLeo(m): 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
TAO11:

what if I'm a Lagosian and PDP supporter ? grin

just asking! think.

So what if am also a Lagosian and an APC supporter? Why do you assume that I am a "developer"
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
[s]
OMANBALA1:

So, you know Lagos lacks the privilege of a sovereign state yet you run into this thread and started bragging about how lagos is better than some African countries? You and I know Lagos is a big hot mess and there is nothing to celebrate yet you wont keep your big mouth shut.
[/s]

What's my business with ignorant and unintelligent ipob villagers.? Like seriously.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2018
OMANBALA1:

You are a very smart example of what is wrong with a Nigerian youth. You lack basic reasoning skills, its pathetic. My attempt at addressing you gives me head aches because I dont know where to start from. But,let me ask you a simple question. What are you on about?

i won't attempt to match your insult. so, you're forgiven, but go and sin no more.

what am I on about?

I'm simply concerned with treating a sickness. A sickness which is often characterized by a syndrom of false entitlement on the one hand and irresponsibility on the other hand; and which is often exhibited here on NL by our SE brothers as any honest NL member will attest.

On the False Entitlement Syndrome:

Regardless of whether it's the same country (i.e. one Nigeria) or not (which some or most of you don't even agree with in the first place), you don't come claiming the space of some indigenous people as yours via absurd and imbecilic "Igbos own Lagos" or "Lagos is a no man's land" statements common among your folk.

You don't make such statements just for the simple reason that the ancestors of the Lagosians created the enabling business environment and were peace loving enough to be non-hostile to immigrants from all walks of life, even from as far as "Ghana".

an attitude -- a value which has been handed down to us their descendants as well as the successive indigenous governments of the region who have evidently been less corrupt as compared to their peers from other parts of the country.

Such statements offends our sensibilities and you don't make such statement and expect us to simply watch even despite our peace loving nature.

Statements such as "we developed Lagos" as funny as it obviously is raises questions like:

"Aren't there Igbos living in the SE (and even in larger numbers compared to the Igbos living in Lagos),

Why then isn't any part of the SE more developed than (or even as developed as) Lagos?

And this brings me to the Irresponsibility Syndrome:

It is utterly irresponsible of any Igbo person not to hold their state and local government authorities accountable when they mismanage public finds entrusted with them, thereby slowing down growth and development of the region and sometimes truncating it; yet become the first to say Tinubu, Fashola, or Ambode is a thief while being unwilling to vacate the State of these "thieves" and try out residing permenently in the SE.

You call them thieves even when they've consistently been producing results, while you allow your own to rot in despair because you will not say a word against your "saints".

Height of Irresponsilty ...
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
AndLeo:

So what if am also a Lagosian and an APC supporter? Why do you assume that I am a "developer"

you're not and for obvious reasons.

If you were, then you wouldn't have become so "worried" by an obvious good news in the manner in which you became worried.

If you were a Lagosian and an APC suporter, you would at least have acknowleged and appluaded the obvious good news on one hand (and may be then point out your possible concern on the other hand).

Your absolute silence on the obvious good news was deafening. A typical attribute of "developers".
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by AndLeo(m): 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
TAO11:

you're not and for obvious reasons.

If you were, then you wouldn't have become so "worried" by an obvious good news in the manner in which you became worried.

If you were a Lagosian and an APC suporter, you would at least have acknowleged and appluaded the obvious good news on one hand (and may be then point out your possible concern on the other hand).

Your absolute silence on the obvious good news was deafening. A typical attribute of "developers".

I am a Lagosian and I am right to be "worried" because I know that in actual fact the growth figure will be more that 4% but would have been depleted because of the need to feed Tinubu and his cronies.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by deomelllo: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
AndLeo:

I am a Lagosian and I am right to be "worried" because I know that in actual fact the growth figure will be more that 4% but would have been depleted because of the need to feed Tinubu and his cronies.

AndLeo:
Joe Igbokwe is a slave, zombie, miscrant. Ofeke amaro ngbe e keru nkwu ukwa. Is it not his mates that are contesting for senate? He is their doing dirty work for Tinubu

You are not a Lagosian, you are just another hate spewing, bitter, disgruntled and frustrated ipob.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by AndLeo(m): 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
deomelllo:

You are not a Lagosian, you are just another hate spewing, bitter, disgruntled and frustrated ipob.

Your dead ass is frustrated. Stay in your lane skull miner. I was not chatting with you.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 2:12am On Dec 28, 2018
AndLeo:

By Lagosian, do you mean that you're one of the SE immigrants who came looking for better life in Lagos? Or do you mean that you are an indigenous son of Lagos? Please answer this question honestly and do not make any attempt to deny your ancestry and lineage publicly. Your ancestors my actually cause you hard luck if you deny them publicly. so I'm waiting for your answer.

Moreover, I wrote that: "If you were a Lagosian and an APC supporter ...".

I didn't just say Lagosian; and I also didn't say Lagosian or an APC supporter, I specifically used the conjunction and.

But If you maintain that being a Lagosian (if indeed you're one in the actual sense of the term) is enough to critique the Lagos State Government here (which I am quite willing to agree with), then you must really be an enemy of progress and a lover of stagnation and retrogression to have seen no reason to applaud growth. Your silence on that part, like I noted, was deafening.

Moreover, did you just use the word "fact" in relation to your speculation that the actual growth rate would have be more than 4%? omg! I think it's high-time you started using a dictionary.

Also, in what world does a country, state, or organization report a lower growth rate than what the actual growth rate really is? cheesy cheesy No! indices like this are positive indices which governments sometimes overstate (to attract investors etc.) and not understate as you've naively claimed here.

cool

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by AndLeo(m): 3:49am On Dec 28, 2018
TAO11:

By Lagosian, do you mean that you're one of the SE immigrants who came looking for better life in Lagos? Or do you mean that you are an indigenous son of Lagos? Please answer this question honestly and do not make any attempt to deny your ancestry and lineage publicly. Your ancestors my actually cause you hard luck if you deny them publicly. so I'm waiting for your answer.

Moreover, I wrote that: "If you were a Lagosian and an APC supporter ...".

I didn't just say Lagosian; and I also didn't say Lagosian or an APC supporter, I specifically used the conjunction and.

But If you maintain that being a Lagosian (if indeed you're one in the actual sense of the term) is enough to critique the Lagos State Government here (which I am quite willing to agree with), then you must really be an enemy of progress and a lover of stagnation and retrogression to have seen no reason to applaud growth. Your silence on that part, like I noted, was deafening.

Moreover, did you just use the word "fact" in relation to your speculation that the actual growth rate would have be more than 4%. omg! I think it's high-time you started using a dictionary.

Also, in what world does a country, state, or organization report a lower growth rate than what the actual growth rate really is? cheesy cheesy No! indices like this are positive indices which governments sometimes overstate (to attract investors etc.) and not understate as you've naively claimed here.

cool

First me think you are a male not a female.

Next me know that whatever figure Ambode is dishing out has been affected by the need to keep indulging Tinubu.

All these your long grammar will not change it.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2018
AndLeo:

First me think you are a male not a female.

Next me know that whatever figure Ambode is dishing out has been affected by the need to keep indulging Tinubu.

All these your long grammar will not change it.

hahaha ... how does my sex/gender affect my argument or yours? I really hope you're not a misogynist.

if the number were to be manipulated at all in this case (given that it's a growth index), then it would have been pushed up to 4% rather than pushed down to 4% contrary to your claim.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by AndLeo(m): 7:53am On Dec 28, 2018
TAO11:

hahaha ... how does my sex/gender affect my argument or yours? I really hope you're not a misogynist.

if the number were to be manipulated at all in this case (given that it's a growth index), then it would have been pushed up to 4% rather than pushed down to 4% contrary to your claim.

I have the inkling that you are in Tinubu's payroll, so you will go on and on and on.

Just find me some let me follow una chop Christmas.

Am done arguing with you.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2018
AndLeo:

I have the inkling that you are in Tinubu's payroll, so you will go on and on and on.

Just find me some let me follow una chop Christmas.

Am done arguing with you.

Hahaha ... I'm just a passionate Lagosian who doesn't like taking sh*t from no one.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 8:49am On Dec 28, 2018
AndLeo:

Your dead ass is frustrated. Stay in your lane skull miner. I was not chatting with you.

las las you're from the east

1 Like

Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by AndLeo(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2018
TAO11:

Hahaha ... I'm just a passionate Lagosian who doesn't like taking sh*t from no one.

You take a lot of shit from okporo eye
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 3:51am On Dec 29, 2018
AndLeo:

You take a lot of shit from okporo eye

what is okporo eye??
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by AndLeo(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
TAO11:

what is okporo eye??

If your from Lagos as you claimed you will know the one with okporo eyes. He is your lord and personal saviour.
Re: IMF: Lagos Will Grow By 4% To $136b In 2019 by TAO11(f): 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
AndLeo:

If your from Lagos as you claimed you will know the one with okporo eyes. He is your lord and personal saviour.

You need to be explicit if you really have nothing to be worried about in my reply.

Feel free to express yourself clearly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva: We Will Tackle Soot In Rivers / Constitution Review: National Assembly Transmits 44 Bills To States / APC Leaders In Bayelsa Accuse Governor Diri Of Planning To Dump PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.