Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor (855 Views)

Ondo Assembly Declares Ayedatiwa As Acting Governor / Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 / Udom Emmanuel Remains My Governor And A Godfather To My Children, Says Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by akinhanger: 6:49am On Dec 27, 2018

The acting governor of Zamfara State, Sanusi Rikiji, has expressed concern over the resurgence of banditry in the state, saying the state governor, Abdulaziz Yari, would soon be in the country.

He made the remark when he separately received the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, and the Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar, at the Government House, Gusau on Wednesday.

NAN reports that Messrs Dambazau and Abubakar were in the state in connection with the fresh attack in the state by bandits.

He said, “my governor will soon be in the country and to the state because he has been terribly devastated by the resurgence of banditry when we were just feeling the hoodlums had been defeated and peace had been restored to the state.”

Mr Rikiji who is also the Speaker of the State’s House of Assembly said, the governor’s return would further boost the planned stakeholders meeting with security personnel and pave the way for new approaches against the bandits.

In their separate remarks, the federal government officials said they were in the state on the directives of President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to them, they would remain in the state to coordinate harsher confrontation against the bandits in Zamfara and all the neighbouring states, especially Sokoto, Kebbi, Katsina, Kaduna and Niger.

They appealed to the people of the state to give security personnel the necessary support and cooperation so as to ensure the success of the various operations being carried out by security agents deployed to the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the state governor, Abdulaziz Yari, had been away for a while now during which time the bandits returned with more severity, killing particularly villagers, burning houses and food staff.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/zamfara-killings-my-governor-will-soon-acting-governor.html
Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by nzeobi(m): 6:55am On Dec 27, 2018
so the governor is not even in the state.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by aolawale025: 7:04am On Dec 27, 2018
The man is mostly everywhere but zamfara

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:11am On Dec 27, 2018
Toying with human lives

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by Tolani0167(m): 7:23am On Dec 27, 2018
Where is d deputy Governor

Pls am in need of a job so that I won't die of depression. Am a civil engineer I can't work anywhere in Nigeria

Whisper2lois@gmail.com
Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:25am On Dec 27, 2018
Zamfara, Kogi, and Niger Governors are always not in their state.. they will be travelling and parambulating from one state to the other using taxpayers money.

Useless Governors.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by helinues: 7:27am On Dec 27, 2018
Has the governor relocated out of the states? How about the deputy governor, has he also fled the state? Ayam not understanding
Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by akinhanger: 10:50am On Dec 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by Kenekingisback: 11:05am On Dec 27, 2018
Where is the governor? Is Yari missing grin

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by anibi9674: 11:20am On Dec 27, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Where is the governor? Is Yari missing grin
the man from Auchi has kidnapped him.
Re: Zamfara Killings: My Governor Will Soon Return - Acting Governor by Richkid97(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2018
Wetin we go no see for Naija

(1) (Reply)

Video: Sowore, Moghalu And Durotoye Agree To Produce A Consensus Candidate / NBA, Cso’s, Others Stage Protest Over Onnoghen’s Suspension / Live From PDP Mega Rally In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.