Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,036 members, 7,863,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God (39202 Views)

Davido Mocks Mayorkun For Going Broke After Buying Car / Priscilla Ajoke Ojo Apologizes To Her Mother For Going To The Strip Club / Actress, Etinosa Under Fire For Going Nude On MC Galaxy's Instagram Live Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by BeiFangLaye(m): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
But David a king praised God in his unclothedness
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by powerblaze(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2018
sexymoma:
David danced half naked when praising God...

He had clothes on.. nearly came off while dancing.
And he didn't know by the way. When you see your brother doing the wrong thing, you caution him, instead of looking for scripture to remix.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by movid(m): 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
Olufela30:
Sammie gann dae find publicity stunt... Who is he gan to tell Akpororo how to praise God smh !!

1 Like

Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by chevkosticks(m): 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2018
shaqhead:
1. Okposo should have admonished Akpororo PRIVATELY but that doesn't take away the weight of his message!

2. Akpororo shouldnt have taken off his shirt in the name of worshipping God cos it passes the wrong message that there one should throw decorum to the dogs in the name of "worshipping"! It makes Akpororo the centerpiece of the attraction and not God!

3. The simplest piece of scripture people will use to justify such deviant bevaiour is (II Sam 6:14, 16) David in the Bible but that piece of scripture has been preached out of context to justify all the madness that goes on in SOME " praise nights" that is no different from party nights. David was dancing PRIVATELY, that's why Michal had to look through a window to see him dance. He wasn't doing that publicly as we are wont to believe. In our privacy, just like one can praise God while bathing, one is free to praise IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH or that person is just doing physical exercise! II Cor 14:40 admonishes us as Christians to do ALL things with DECENCY and in ORDER. For example, Some lady in that gathering, might just be ogling Akpororo's body throughout the show which substrqcts from the whole purpose of the programme!!

Let's be guided!!
go read ur bible well...david danced outside the city when the ark of covenant was brought..

1 Like

Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by chevkosticks(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
Miles300:
Everybody referring to king David ! David never danced naked inside the temple of God ! Things of God should be done in all modesty !
bros no be inside church him dance.the concert was held in a hall
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by 1930revival(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
sexymoma:

Why not you go and dangle your breast in church praises because David danced unclad? Did David dance naked in the public place? He didn't even take off his shirt intentionally...he got carried away that he didn't know when he got stripped.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by mamatwiny(f): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
Una Neva see something.

My new house girl told me a story of a drunkard in their church. A man with 5 children ooo. Each time music is being played,he will be dancing weird party corrupt dance, the pastor has been angry abt the way the man dance but didn't do anything. Till one day, the man rushed the offering box and started doing one corner dance with it. I still laugh as I type this self. They collected the offering box from him and he went and held a seat....
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by fresherdanU: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
HE DANCED LIKE DAVID DANCED.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by udemzyudex(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
ObaKlaz:
Akpororo shouldn't have stripped off his shirt at a GOSPEL CONCERT. He is not a pop star! No one should quote me to point out how King David danced so much that he didn't care about being unclad! And where were you when Sammie Okposo was being contracted to tour around Nigeria during GEJ/TAN era with their campaign train, turning popular gospel tunes to PDP/GEJ praise songs?! So, why does it prick you that I've BEFITTINGLY labelled him PDP GOSPEL SINGER?

You have nothing reasonable to say Oga, go and take a nap.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by ALIVE15: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
sammie okposo should and sit down abeg..as he forgotten the atrocities committed even in the house of GOD. King david almost went naked when praising God and the woman who criticized him remained the only barren person in the bible. See who is judging?
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by ObaKlaz: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
udemzyudex:

You have nothing reasonable to say Oga, go and take a nap.
How're you?
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by thesicilian: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2018
osazsky:
na all this type dey secretly play YOU SAVED ME BY R KELLY then, Nigerians and hypocrisy,we are d cause of our problem,I have a collegue in my office when she comes to work she writes d real time on d time book,she comes late and spoil d time book,that means all those that came after her will have to follow suit but she fails to write d real time when she closes for the day,if she closes by 2pm she would not write 2pm,but she will write 4 pm d following day,she resumes by 9:30 ,she go write 9:30 but wouldn't write 2 pm when she is leaving d office
I understand your point, but for your information I do not secretly play gospel songs by secular artistes, I play it proudly. And I'm proud to say that some of those songs from that R. Kelly's album "You Saved Me" remain my best gospel songs till tomorrow.
But the sad fact remains that Christianity is not democracy: no matter how many people like it, what is wrong is wrong. If you're not born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, you have no business leading praise and worship in the church. The lives and preachings of Jesus and his early desciples are enough for us to learn from. If He could chase away those selling "spiritual" materials from the church, what do you think he'd have done to the professional jesters?

2 Likes

Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by kareemkamil(m): 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2018
Christians, just keep deceiving your self
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by UncletC: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
shaqhead:
1. Okposo should have admonished Akpororo PRIVATELY but that doesn't take away the weight of his message!

2. Akpororo shouldnt have taken off his shirt in the name of worshipping God cos it passes the wrong message that there one should throw decorum to the dogs in the name of "worshipping"! It makes Akpororo the centerpiece of the attraction and not God!

3. The simplest piece of scripture people will use to justify such deviant bevaiour is (II Sam 6:14, 16) David in the Bible but that piece of scripture has been preached out of context to justify all the madness that goes on in SOME " praise nights" that is no different from party nights. David was dancing PRIVATELY, that's why Michal had to look through a window to see him dance. He wasn't doing that publicly as we are wont to believe. In our privacy, just like one can praise God while bathing, one is free to praise IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH or that person is just doing physical exercise! II Cor 14:40 admonishes us as Christians to do ALL things with DECENCY and in ORDER. For example, Some lady in that gathering, might just be ogling Akpororo's body throughout the show which substrqcts from the whole purpose of the programme!!

Let's be guided!!
David's dance wasn't done in the secret but openly before the people of Israel.... if it was secret, what need would the wife caution had merited?
And mind yo, David's nakednr was a wardrobe malfunction, not that he originally appeared naked.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by BluntBoy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
sexymoma:

Bible verse, please
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by UncletC: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
Any form of praise which is deliberately derailed to satisfy one's ego and the flesh doesn't please God. If the misnomer of removing shirt is fourth dimension rascality, good, but if it is earthly stupidity or motivated, it is wrong.
so that one day, women will not remove blouse, skirt in the pretense of worship. avoid appearance of evil even while worshipping.
some girls will be, see armpit. see chest, see this, see that. total distraction on the growing worshippers
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by toplinetrtrend: 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
Olufela30:
Sammie gann dae find publicity stunt... Who is he gan to tell Akpororo how to praise God smh !!

Any comment made by anybody now is termed as "finding publicity stunt". This generation is just sick.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by Chubhie: 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
.....Enter daddy freeze.....
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by darlenese(f): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2018
sexymoma:

at the altar of God?

people twerk in church , dance shaku shaku and claim after all David danced naked

so wrong
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by Neyomickey1: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
highcollide:
Its a shame that churches will allow a comedian who cracks dirty, sexual and insultive jokes for a living, on the alter of God....

Who is akpororo to stand on the alter?

Christianity has gone to the dogs.
That is not a church program, it is a praise session organise by Akpororo in his community to thank God. But your statement “who is Akpororo to stand on the altar?” is very weighty. Who is you or me to stand in the presence of God? We are all product of mercy and grace because all of us have sin and fall short of His glory.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by paddyofboss(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
highcollide:
Its a shame that churches will allow a comedian who cracks dirty, sexual and insultive jokes for a living, on the alter of God....

Who is akpororo to stand on the alter?

Christianity has gone to the dogs.
Who are u to judge
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by Favour1990(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Is not insernity .....go read d story of DAVID and how he praise God
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by Boss13: 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
When you’re Bush, you’re Bush. Money doesn’t erase it, infact it enhances it
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
smokeyupu:

But King David had to strip and dance before the ark to appease the Almighty Jehovah.... Its just Akpororo's way smiley

This is Nigeria, and each ethnic group has their culture, we are not in the country of Israel.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by daveP(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
1 of the 4 reasons why the church is a laughing stock to many nowadays.

Somethings just need not be associated with the church, not cos they are bad or evil, but the controversy it births.

Meanwhile, under normal circumstances, i can now conclude that Sammie Okposo is not a bible student atalll. And there are many of him out there.

infact i almost concluded that all naija gospel artistes arent students of the bible. Esp those that derive lyrics from it.

NB made a blunder about a verse in Proverbs and loving fans sha corrected him. Thats the christian way.

But what has bee proven have already.

David danced with underpants at a coronation ceremony from Church to Palace. Thats like 10million seeing him in that outfit. And that crowd is *100 bigger than the crowd at Experience 13.

Smh.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by Olufela30: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

Any comment made by anybody now is termed as "finding publicity stunt". This generation is just sick.

That's the honest truth FAM !!! If me gann geh chance, I go do same ooo...
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by oyetunder(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
sexymoma:
and one of his wives who rebuked him had her womb blocked by God and she died barren.
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by oyetunder(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
sexymoma:
and one of his wives who rebuked him had her womb blocked by God and she died barren...
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by Linco11: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2018
Even David in the bible tore his royal clothes to praise. Oga
Re: Sammie Okposo Slams Akpororo For Going Shirtless To Praise God by ikorodureporta: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hav u all noticed how confused all these guys from house on d rock are cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephanie Okereke Steps Out With Her Husband In Mix And Match Prints / Yoruba Movie Stars Slammed For Featuring In Pro-Sanwo Olu Campaign Jingle / Fans Attack Basket Mouth For 'insulting' Nigerians On Facebook. (see Pics...)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.