Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,538 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. (34740 Views)

Aremu Akinlagun Docked For Attempting To Kill Woman Over ₦8 Million Land / Ogun Hoodlum Beats, Rapes 27-Year-Old Woman Over Greeting ‘offence' / Traditional Ruler Assaults Woman Over Palm Fruits In Abia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Friend01(m): 9:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
will greeting add value to his life Nigerians and I senior you mentality is getting out of hand. This exactly why I hate travelling to village, you will greet till your month start paining you

You won't understand the essence of greeting until you grow old.
This generation of know-it-all are setting themselves up for a huge disaster and you think it is okay.

1 Like

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Friend01(m): 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:
Frustrated people everywhere. Go and collect greeting from your prison mates.

The man did wrong by calling the child a bastard and beating his mother, but greeting is part and parcel of our culture which every responsible child should show no matter how he passes by.

We shouldn't encourage anything bad in the name of modernity or because it does not suit us.

Respect is very necessary.
Even UEFA knows this.
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by dominique(f): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
Friend01:

The man did wrong by calling the child a bastard and beating his mother, but greeting is part and parcel of our culture which every responsible child should show no matter how he passes by.

We shouldn't encourage anything bad in the name of modernity or because it does not suit us.

Even UEFA knows this.

My people say "prostration is not a sign of good manners". There are some people that will greet you from morning till night but they're terrible people. As much as I understand that greeting is important and I always encourage my children do so, rebuking someone else's child because of greeting is downright ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Friend01(m): 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:

My people say "prostration is not a sign of good manners". There are some people that will greet you from morning till night but they're terrible people. As much as I understand that greeting is important and I always encourage my children do so, rebuking someone else's child because of greeting is downright ridiculous

Ma'am we are saying the same thing.
Read my first sentence .
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by luluosas(m): 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
You greet me or not, I pass yeyele, wetin that one go remove from my body? Naim do himself. Kirikiri loading

1 Like

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Sushsu7: 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
dominique:
Frustrated people everywhere. Go and collect greeting from your prison mates.
that child must truly be a bastard,its women that destroy the world,because when God created man in the beginning God said every thing was good ,but when he created woman,Man fall short of the Glory....
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by pyrex23(m): 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
It's all this kind of dads that their sons would threaten when they grow up..
He should try it when the son is over 20 if he wouldn't recieve beating..
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Dedetwo(m): 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2018
Zico5:

Thank God both of them are from ur region. Teach a child the way he should go and when he grows up, he will not depart from it. The people of that region are seriously paying for lack of training their wards. common greeting which everyone in Yoruba land take as simple as ABC they can't train their kids. That's why they full of many vices. u can say it that some Yoruba also are guilty, yes but very few. There is decency to maximum level.

The aforementioned saga happened in Yoruba land. I guess it is so because Lagos is allegedly no-man's-land.
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by balingaonline(m): 12:28am On Dec 28, 2018
if not involving you, don't get involved
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Essential(m): 3:24am On Dec 28, 2018
biafra and their foolishness
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by babeosisi: 4:10am On Dec 28, 2018
Over greeting kwa
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by silifat11(m): 5:02am On Dec 28, 2018
Indeed, Many are mad, few are on the streets
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Pat081: 6:12am On Dec 28, 2018
Madukaele:
Yoruba LAND and greetings
dat is how u know a child dat cum 4rm a good home, so lpob can cum 4rm dia so call holy land and b jail in Zoo land by Afonja
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by eyinjuege: 7:18am On Dec 28, 2018
Friend01:

Even UEFA knows this.

Greetings or respect should never be forced, and definitely not on someone else's child.

2 Likes

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Uniique(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
will greeting add value to his life Nigerians and I senior you mentality is getting out of hand. This exactly why I hate travelling to village, you will greet till your month start paining you

I YEAR you sir
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by don4real18(m): 8:27am On Dec 28, 2018
The woman too should teach her child to respect elders
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by olisaemeka1(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2018
dominique:
Frustrated people everywhere. Go and collect greeting [b]Beating [/b]from your prison mates.

1 Like

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by 9jaRealist: 10:52am On Dec 28, 2018
davodyguy:

Yoruba has the best form of culture when it comes to greetings and respect for elders.

The other Mrs Osinbanjo knelt down to greet Buhari. Till tomorrow, my wife would have both knees on the ground to greet my mum.

Ask the idiot that beat her up if he bows to greet his father or extends a handshake to him

And do YOU also have “both knees on the ground” to greet your wife’s mum? Or is this “respect” expected only from females?
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by medropoly(m): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2018
CHAI sad sad
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Friend01(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
eyinjuege:

Greetings or respect should never be forced, and definitely not on someone else's child.

Did I say it should be forced?
Or you are looking for somebody to quarrel with?

Read my comment again.
And don't expect me to respond to your next mention.
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Belteshazzar1: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
mtcheeeew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Charged After A Strangled Lady Was Found In His Bedroom In US / Hoodlums Nabbed While Fleeing Into Lagos After Robbery In Ogun. Photos / Slavery: Tales Of Woes In Lebanon By A Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.