Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,171 members, 7,953,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire (6652 Views)

'I Belong To Every Race' - Oluwo Of Iwo Says As He Rocks Traditional Igbo Attire / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) / Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Not true, people borrow cultures and you are not left out. Oga, enter house ooo. Edo history is littered online but I don't want to deride you.
Everybody knows that oduduwa is from Benin and Lagos is a benim outpost but ibadan revisionist have bastardized history. At least igbos are honest on what they borrowed from their neighbors and the borrowing is always mutual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Ask him the origin of that garment....lol
He who lives in a glass house must not throw stones
that's different, we know it's history and we aren't trying to change it..

Just like this man trying to convince me how anioma are Igbo because they bear Igbo names, if we don't hold on to history, igbos will claim the attire
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
Eledan:

They wear this once in 4 years when they need your votes grin
Who wear afonja dress once in 100 years??

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Les: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kids everywhere angry angry angry angry
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

Just like this man trying to convince me how anioma are Igbo because they bear Igbo names, if we don't hold on to history, igbos will claim the attire
What is the meaning of anioma in edo language
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
[quote author=Binikingdowm post=74214105] grin which unique?

Let's analyse that female attire for example.

That hairstyle is an Edo brand called okuku.

Everyone know the hairstyle and beads around the neck belongs to the Edo.

It's so shameful and pitiful seeing how Igbos throw away their original own and pick the Edo.

That's why Benin, esan, afemai either Christian or Muslim all have the same traditional attire.

Are Igbos indirectly saying they are from Edo?[/quote

The second picture is definitely not Igbo and if any Igbo dresses like that then they are borrowing.
When it comes to beads , we Igbos wear a different kind, which is reddish in color. Our beads are mostly from stones. No Nigerian tribe can lay claim to ownership of beads. Please, dont embarrass yourself
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2018
author=OMANBALA1 post=74214562]
This isn't just about laying claim, it's about telling the truth
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
Eledan:

Na igbo dey manufacture am? It’s actually for covering chairs and other upholstery works
Lol. Na you de manufactur agbada?
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

This isn't just about laying claim, it's about telling the truth
Why are you wearing our red cap
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
Guestlander:

The isiagu is just a buba made from some upholstery fabrics.
But it is uniquely igbo. Stop claiming ownership of agbada

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2018
[quote author=Binikingdowm post=74214378?that red cap isn't part of the attire

The two just put it there[/quote]
Same with the beads worn by our women. QED
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
well many Nigerians have English name, we are even communicating with English.

Does that make us British?
Lol. Mumu logic. There is something called geographical contiguity. Does Nigeria share boundary with England?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Guestlander: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

But it is uniquely igbo. Stop claiming ownership of agbada

Which one is uniquely ibo? The fabric or the style?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
grin which unique?

Let's analyse that female attire for example.

That hairstyle is an Edo brand called okuku.

Everyone know the hairstyle and beads around the neck belongs to the Edo.

It's so shameful and pitiful seeing how Igbos throw away their original own and pick the Edo.

That's why Benin, esan, afemai either Christian or Muslim all have the same traditional attire.

Are Igbos indirectly saying they are from Edo?
You are just an idio.tic fellow.
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
Guestlander:

Which one is uniquely ibo? The fabric or the style?
Which one is edo. Beads or bead style?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
There are no indigenous igbos across the Niger and no Igbo attire have beads.

Thieves
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
Eledan:

They wear this once in 4 years when they need your votes grin
This proves how important our vote is even outside our land
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

Thieves
Hehehe. I love the frustration
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
I would claim the attire too if I was ashamed of my tribal culture

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

Hehehe. I love the frustration
what frustration, just saying the truth
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

Thieves

Well, nothing good will come from products of prostitution!
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Guestlander: 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Below the belt, that is a foul.
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 5:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
OMANBALA1:

At least it's not a crime even in the developed world..

It's certainly better than millions of your people been killed yearly for drug related offence.

Or using your own family for ritual, kidnapping and occultism.

Still better than baby factory business your people engage In.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

You are so daft. How can you even argue about what you have no facts on. You can't win that Anioma argument. They have recorded history

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
I would claim the attire too if I was ashamed of my tribal culture
What's your point? Yo now oen beads? Just like yoruba claiming agbada? You are the thief
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
OMANBALA1:

You are so daft. How can you even argue about what you have no facts on. You can't win that Anioma argument. They have recorded history
tell me what's the recorded history from their own side of the story.

Oya bring it lemme read
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

What's your point? Yo now oen beads? Just like yoruba claiming agbada? You are the thief
never said the Edo own beads. But how the beads are worn
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Let him start by telling us what anioma means in edo

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

It's certainly better than millions of your people been killed yearly for drug related offence.

Other than drug dealing the rest you wrote exist in your own backyard. But , you have legalized prostitution and fraud aka yahoo yahoo

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
never said the Edo own beads. But how the beads are worn
Lmfao. Even the two pictures posted are totally different in bead arrangements. Also your men's beads are round while igbo men's bead sttetches down

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

We make billons from drugs. How much does your ashawo kobo kobo generate?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
tell me what's the recorded history from their own side of the story.

Oya bring it lemme read

From Asaba, Ogwashi Ukwu, Ibuzo to Igbanke have Igbo roots. You are certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer...lol. They have been speaking Igbo since time immemorial....No evidence of lost language. The most ancient Agbor kings have Igbo names. The current one is Keagborekuzi...lol. Abeg, drop that topic

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People / Is An Elder Always Right? / Yoruba, A People Of Imperial History - In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.