Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle (67986 Views)

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Bracha: 2:08am On Mar 11, 2019
Thank you. But which railway?

nahinbdis:

Amarachi - +234 803 623 8196

Green building by the railway
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by queengift(f): 6:40am On Mar 11, 2019
nahinbdis:
In Nigerian banks, we tie rope to Pens so that customers will not 'thief' it. In Canada, a Bank like RBC leaves umbrellas at corners for customers' use.

We need attitudinal change.

you are back, am happy, please always update this thread
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by nahinbdis: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2019
Bracha:
Thank you. But which railway?

Yaba Market
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by nahinbdis: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2019
queengift:

you are back, am happy, please always update this thread

Thank you

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Ugosample(m): 4:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
nahinbdis:

As the consensus is NOT FEASIBLE, make I face front look for another thing

It's not feasible

Isn't the money you are making from your first job enough for you?

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by 7Alexandre: 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2019
TheCongo2:

Very unreasonable.
If I may ask, what type of jobs are they?
You may end up sleeping on the job sites and this will have a negative impact on your performance.
You need to sleep. You need rest.
Why not take a part time job instead in addition to the full time job.

True. You don't want to kill yourself working.

You need to enjoy your money too.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by thegreengooner(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
nahinbdis:

Based on the realities that money no too plenty for this side, one of the options is to work 2 jobs, afterall Nigerians brag they can hustle. So na so I dey look this second job thing that has been offered to me:

Leave home by 8am for Job 1 that starts by 9.30am and ends by 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Then one hour bus home and arrive home by 7pm max.

Leave home 8pm for Job 2 that starts by 10pm and ends by 6am Sunday Night to Thursday morning. One hour bus home and arrive home by 7am.

Sleep time - 1hour at break time at night and anything that can be snatched during the day.

Is this feasible?

Sleep on the bus to work and on the way back...that's two hours....break time at night...one hour...making three hours...three hours a day for 4 days a week and full night's sleep for 3 days isn't the end of the world.

At least you have Thursday Night, Friday Night, and Saturday Night....you can sleep all of Saturday and do your shopping Sunday afternoon before going to work.

It's not impossible but it's something you can try out for a few weeks to a month. If you find that you can't cope then you can just quit and look for something with shorter hours. At least you will get paid for the period you are trying it out...

If I may ask, what qualifications do you have?

3 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Oskydaniellyyy: 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2019
wetdick:

you can mock as you like but facts does not lie

But Canada has up to 1.3 million millionaires , a country of 36 million compare to naija 190 million people with just 15400 millionaires.

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Josade69: 10:30am On Apr 03, 2019
wink
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 3:25am On Sep 08, 2019
Nahinbdis what’s up? Give us updates as per happenings. How matters for there.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by pweeryambre: 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Nahinbdis what’s up? Give us updates as per happenings. How matters for there.
He's disappointed with what he saw in canada

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
pweeryambre:

He's disappointed with what he saw in canada
and how did you come up with that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by pweeryambre: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
and how did you come up with that?
go through the thread from the start to finish and read his posts... in his last few posts. the enthusiasm was no more there and he also said that reality being that money no too dey that side, he intends getting a second job to the first one that took him about two months to find, which I observed is a lower job than what he use to have in Nigeria. Read and read between the lines.

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
pweeryambre:

go through the thread from the start to finish and read his posts... in his last few posts. the enthusiasm was no more there and he also said that reality being that money no too dey that side, he intends getting a second job to the first one that took him about two months to find, which I observed is a lower job than what he use to have in Nigeria. Read and read between the lines.
Ofcos I don’t expect it to be that rosy na. Besides, settling down somewhere new comes with it’s own challenge.

6 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by pweeryambre: 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Ofcos I don’t expect it to be that rosy na. Besides, settling down somewhere new comes with it’s own challenge.
Ah well... its all good, Me I know the only good way to make it in that canada is through work and study, anything short of that will just delay your progress shaa.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 3:16am On Oct 05, 2019
pweeryambre:

Ah well... its all good, Me I know the only good way to make it in that canada is through work and study, anything short of that will just delay your progress shaa.
What do you mean please? I am a prospect.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Gerrard59(m): 7:01am On Oct 05, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
What do you mean please? I am a prospect.

What he probably meant is: if you desire to relocate to Canada, do so on student visa (probably in a top institution) then gradually assimilate into the society (Canadian education and work experience combined). Relocating to another country without a job (of considerable level) waiting won't be easy for someone who earned 500K while in Nigeria. Honestly, it won't be, so I understand the poster you quoted.

I wish the OP all the best.

6 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Mizwisdom(f): 10:49am On Oct 05, 2019
Reality has set in. No time, brother has to hustle to survive

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Hadampson(m): 11:12am On Oct 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Reality has set in. No time, brother has to hustle to survive

Everyone has to hustle to survive, even in Nigeria.

smiley

Greetings ma'am

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by pweeryambre: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2019
Gerrard59:

What he probably meant is: if you desire to relocate to Canada, do so on student visa (probably in a top institution) then gradually assimilate into the society (Canadian education and work experience combined). Relocating to another country without a job (of considerable level) waiting won't be easy for someone who earned 500K while in Nigeria. Honestly, it won't be, so I understand the poster you quoted.

Honestly if I was him, I will not quit a job of 500k in naija to move to canada to hustle two low jobs to earn the same amount I easily make over here. I will be shuttling to and fro Canada or just enroll my kids in their school and take it from there. Just can't throw away such rare job.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
Gerrard59:

well I don’t earn up to half of the amount you quoted today. Any comment or advise? Is Naija better?
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Gerrard59(m): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
well I don’t earn up to half of the amount you quoted today. Any comment or advise? Is Naija better?

It depends on why you are doing it. Nigeria being better depends on one's perspective and position in life. From my observations and interactions, those who say the country is better have a second passport or can get one if they want with alacrity.

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Mizwisdom(f): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
Hadampson:

Everyone has to hustle to survive, even in Nigeria.

smiley

Greetings ma'am

You're right but some people think money drops from the sky once you travel abroad grin

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Hadampson(m): 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You're right but some people think money drops from the sky once you travel abroad grin

Lol.. You are so on point ma'am but OP is quite different from those set of people.

He stated the reasons why he relocated to Canada which is understandable.

I hope he is doing okay embarassed

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Mizwisdom(f): 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
Hadampson:

Lol.. You are so on point ma'am but OP is quite different from those set of people.

He stated the reasons why he relocated to Canada which is understandable.

I hope he is doing okay embarassed

I'm sure he is, but he will be busy cause of work, he's probably doing two jobs to meet up, he mentioned it earlier, seems he only has a few hours to even sleep

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by zizzo: 1:25am On Oct 13, 2019
Pls I need geniue visa agent who can help me with Canada work permit.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Victorking22: 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
How much is to a self contain in canada
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Victorking22: 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=zizzo post=83087854]Pls I need geniue visa agent who can help me with Canada work permit. Go and search in travelbeta or tell people too help u with a good one
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by COPR2020: 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
pweeryambre:

Honestly if I was him, I will not quit a job of 500k in naija to move to canada to hustle two low jobs to earn the same amount I easily make over here. I will be shuttling to and fro Canada or just enroll my kids in their school and take it from there. Just can't throw away such rare job.
And what if you get sacked? The truth is that, settling in a new country is not easy. I believe the Op is doing well, just that he is very busy.

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Olumighty123(m): 11:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
enemyofprogress:
please where in Canada can one get a farm job?

Abeg which calculator you take do the maths, you got me confused.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Gerrard59(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
It's almost a year OP was online. shocked

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
Gerrard59:
It's almost a year OP was online. shocked
He don leave you to your fate grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers / Onitsha Fire: Photo Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby / Danfo And Conductor Is Peru (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.