Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC (7253 Views)

Politicians Inducing Voters With Money, Buying PVCs — INEC / 2019: 8 Million People Have Not Collected Their Pvcs, INEC Cries Out / Buhari’s Kinsmen Pressurising President To Reinstate Sacked DSS Boss — Junaid Mo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by Auxtin85(m): 7:10am On Dec 28, 2018
gaskiyamagana:

PDP pastor,
PDP reverend,
PDP man of God has spoken on corrupt pulpit to his corrupt congregation.

Just as APC terrorist have spoken in the mosque to his terrorist congregation
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by duality(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2018
This means they are already selling PVCs.
That Buhari's inlaw should be investigated.
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by tizteezy(m): 7:41am On Dec 28, 2018
No wonder my PVC was missing when I went to get it
My mum's own was missing
My dad's was missing as well
I was just pissed and didn't take the stress of applying for "omitted PVC".
INEC is compromised. But don't quite me
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by ikwutasco(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2018
gaskiyamagana:
If truly card reader is well programmed and functioning, if NYSC operating them, security Officers, party agents and other stake holders present are upright, buying the PVC will be waste to the buyer.
you make sense but i think most of our polithiefians hav the machine(card reader) in their houses. Ann they wil finalise d rigging wit d help of an inec staff

1 Like

Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by SUCCEED001(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2018
Its Nigeria, after thus kind of notice they will go ahead and do what they know best leaving in the mind of the the people that they are the Christ. We have learned our lessons.
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:46am On Dec 28, 2018
fake news
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by Babaken(m): 9:15am On Dec 28, 2018
I beg make them no sell my own am not in the country am coming for it next month.
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by hush15: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2018
babecode:

The Independent National Electoral Commission on Thursday raised the alarm that some politicians in Oyo State were mounting pressure on the commission to sell unclaimed 914,529 permanent voter cards in its custody to them.

The commission said it was not giving in to such pressure aimed at rigging the forthcoming polls because “INEC is determined to ensure that people’s votes count in the free, fair and credible elections in 2019.”

Speaking on the theme, “Online journalism and Media integrity in Nigeria,” Agboke declared that some politicians, whose identities he did not disclose, approached the commission to buy PVCs to rig the elections.

He stated, “As far as we are concerned, PVCs are not for sale.”

The REC assured residents of the state of smooth elections devoid of crisis in 2019, stressing that no worker of the commission would sell PVCs to any politician ahead of the 2019 elections.

Agboke said, “They are looking for PVCs to buy. They are looking for what is not available because they know that these things are not available. This is the security report at my disposal.

“Tell those who are looking for PVCs to buy that there is none to buy in Oyo State. I can assure you that no INEC employee will sell PVCs to any politician. I can assure you that the process will be free and fair in Oyo State.

“Those who are looking for PVCs to buy, I won’t give you their names. I don’t have their names.

“But that is the security report I got and the report did not specify the party and the individuals that are involved. They want us to give them PVCs but we can’t give it to them. They want to buy PVCs but there is none to sell in Oyo State.”

Agboke urged journalists in the state to cooperate with the commission in spreading accurate information to members of the public.

He said, “All of us are stakeholders. If you are in doubt, call INEC. More so, you are online journalists, let us ensure that we have our facts correct. For me in Oyo State, I have nothing to hide. We conducted the election in Eruwa and the people that won, won.”

He urged journalists to abide by the ethics of the profession at all times.

The South-West Bureau Chief of The Nation and an Associate Editor of the Nigerian Tribune newspapers, Mr Bisi Oladele, and Mr Wale Ojo-Lanre respectively, urged journalists to always abide by the rules and regulations guiding the profession in their day-to-day reportage.

They said online journalism had come to stay in Nigeria and admonished journalists to distinguish themselves from ordinary writers considering the fact that “almost everybody is a journalist with the advent of internet and smart phones.”

They agreed that one of the ways for the journalists “ to differentiate themselves from ordinary writers was for them to cross-check their facts, investigate their stories and be conscious of the existing laws of the land.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/politicians-pressurising-us-to-sell-unclaimed-914529-pvcs-inec.html

We all should know a lie when we see one. I bet anything, if any of the said politicians were from the opposition, they will be quick to mention names or embarrass and deface them especially in this electioneering period but because its not so, na to take a chill pill.

APC that is looking for the amallest mistake to capitalize on to nail PDP is the one that will be playing nice...

deceiving themselves
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by naijajobx: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2018
smiley
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by Staru1(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2018
babecode:

The Independent National Electoral Commission on Thursday raised the alarm that some politicians in Oyo State were mounting pressure on the commission to sell unclaimed 914,529 permanent voter cards in its custody to them.

The commission said it was not giving in to such pressure aimed at rigging the forthcoming polls because “INEC is determined to ensure that people’s votes count in the free, fair and credible elections in 2019.”

Speaking on the theme, “Online journalism and Media integrity in Nigeria,” Agboke declared that some politicians, whose identities he did not disclose, approached the commission to buy PVCs to rig the elections.

The REC assured residents of the state of smooth elections devoid of crisis in 2019, stressing that no worker of the commission would sell PVCs to any politician ahead of the 2019 elections.

Agboke said, “They are looking for PVCs to buy. They are looking for what is not available because they know that these things are not available. This is the security report at my disposal.

“Tell those who are looking for PVCs to buy that there is none to buy in Oyo State. I can assure you that no INEC employee will sell PVCs to any politician. I can assure you that the process will be free and fair in Oyo State.

“Those who are looking for PVCs to buy, I won’t give you their names. I don’t have their names.

“But that is the security report I got and the report did not specify the party and the individuals that are involved. They want us to give them PVCs but we can’t give it to them. They want to buy PVCs but there is none to sell in Oyo State.”

Agboke urged journalists in the state to cooperate with the commission in spreading accurate information to members of the public.

He said, “All of us are stakeholders. If you are in doubt, call INEC. More so, you are online journalists, let us ensure that we have our facts correct. For me in Oyo State, I have nothing to hide. We conducted the election in Eruwa and the people that won, won.”

The South-West Bureau Chief of The Nation and an Associate Editor of the Nigerian Tribune newspapers, Mr Bisi Oladele, and Mr Wale Ojo-Lanre respectively, urged journalists to always abide by the rules and regulations guiding the profession in their day-to-day reportage.

They said online journalism had come to stay in Nigeria and admonished journalists to distinguish themselves from ordinary writers considering the fact that “almost everybody is a journalist with the advent of internet and smart phones.”

They agreed that one of the ways for the journalists “ to differentiate themselves from ordinary writers was for them to cross-check their facts, investigate their stories and be conscious of the existing laws of the land.”

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/politicians-pressurising-us-to-sell-unclaimed-914529-pvcs-inec.html

story
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by 22brains(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2018
babecode:

you claimed that some politicians approached you to buy voter cards which contradicts the the electoral process and you did not get any arrested? why is INEC independent? there are laws that permit the arrest of such polythiefcians. stop giving us assurance and act!!!
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by capponla231(m): 10:04am On Dec 28, 2018
I stop believing inec ever since the recall of dino melaye ,many people get to their polling unit to see their name already signed, shame on u people.
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by dsupremeoley(m): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2018
I think they are human?
Not until such people are named and shame
This "political assassin's" will not allow people rest in this country
Re: Politicians Pressurising Us To Sell Unclaimed 914, 529 PVCs – INEC by Optional09: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2018
zlantanfan:
iPod threat

A ya Iya e lenu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan / Why They Are Calling Me Omo - Ale - Gbadebo Rhodes - Vivour (GRV) / Sacked LP Rep Member, Sunday Nnamchi Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.