Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? (2319 Views)

Should I Replace The Wheel Hub Or Put Bearings? / Gear Problems: Toyota Camry 2005 Model, 4 Plug Engine / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 28, 2018
Good day gurus in the house,
I have a Toyota Camry big daddy with v6 engine, double cylinder. But because of high fuel consumption and the fact that the engine is almost due for replacement, I want to know if the whole engine and possibly gear can be replaced with a big daddy 4 plug engine or even the gear to be converted into manual transmission.

For clarification the gear hasn't been selecting properly recently since I changed the gear box, hence the thought of changing it into manual transmission.

So it is in my hope that I can probably change the engine into a more fuel efficient 4 plug engine and solve the gear issues completely too. I have a budget of 400k. Please I need your advice sirs.
Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by OneStep3: 5:02am On Dec 28, 2018
undecided
Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by sultaan(m): 5:59am On Dec 28, 2018
ladeke:
I have a Toyota Camry big daddy with v6 engine, double cylinder. But because of high fuel consumption and the fact that the engine is almost due for replacement, I want to know if the whole engine and possibly gear can be replaced with a big daddy 4 plug engine or even the gear to be converted into manual transmission.

For clarification the gear hasn't been selecting properly recently since I changed the gear box, hence the thought of changing it into manual transmission.

So it is in my hope that I can probably change the engine into a more fuel efficient 4 plug engine and solve the gear issues completely too. I have a budget of 400k. Please I need your advice sirs.

That will be a very wasteful venture your Camry is about to bankrupt you. You asking for help after your mechanic mess the car up is another problem entirely
Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by uboma(m): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2018
Sell the car as it is, add the proceeds to the 400k and get yourself a car with 4 cylinders.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2018
Thanks for the kind advice sirs.
Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by MotorGuru: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2018
It is technically possible.
But not financially wise. You will end up spending more, particularly on the available expertise which, if you cut corners, will be an issue of trial and error.

But if you till insist, here are some of the replacement parts you will require:

1.2az-Fe engine (this alone is over 300K if buying complete with alternator, power-steering pump and AC compressor)
2.U240E transmission(4 speed automatic, 2002-2004) or U250E 5 speed automatic (2005-06)
3. Complete engine and transmission wiring harness
4.Engine ECU for 4 cyl engine/transmission
5.Complete driveshaft (left and right)
6.Engine sub-frame for 4 cyl engine
7.Radiator
8. Engine mounts
9. fluids
10.Power steering rack (not too sure on this one)
11. Unforeseen contingencies

Even if you intend do a swap with your current drivetrain, you will defintely be shortchanged.

My advice?

Sell the v6 camry and buy the 4 cyl variant.

Motorguru

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by homeboy205: 10:05am On Dec 28, 2018
Don’t waste your resources sell that and buy another’s

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2018
Thanks, I sincerely appreciate you all. I'll sell it and buy the v4.
Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by larrypourl(m): 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
Gazzuzz your input is needed here.
Re: Help!!! Can I Replace My Camry Big Daddy V6 Engine With 4 Plug Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2018
ladeke:

sell the car as it is, add 400k and buy a fuel efficient car.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 2m To 2.3m / Is BMW 328I A Good Car / Effects Of Ban On Importation Of Vehicles Through Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.