Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,026 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. (9213 Views)

Muslim Boy Prayers In Front Of RCCG Church / Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by abujaafar18: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
AlBaqir:

Ha. The charges against the Christians are more and heavier than "servant or children" of God faah. Maidah: 118 came after Allah says He will question Prophet Eesa if he was the one that asked the Christians to be worshipping him and his mother. Try to read Maidah from 114 - 119.

As par Christians preferring to be called "children of God" rather than "servant of God", It is just in their understanding that they think one belittle them and the other more elevated. The wicked "Slave-master" relation of human beings is what they have misunderstood as "God, the Master" and his creatures (human beings), the slaves/servants. While they thought a "Father-Children" relation is more of love. No Christians in his/her right sense believed s/he is biological child of God.
If you are indeed sincere why do you encourage them in their disbelief by wishing them good in their celebrations? Dont your christian friends and neighbors whom you extend greetings to during their celebrations believe they are sons of God?
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by lettalktrue(m): 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
AlBaqir:

Very simple case. Give us an authentic evidence that he became Muslim at the end of his life. Lobatan.

Furthermore, Prophet also prayed salat mayyit for Munafiq (who is even worse). What people like you don't understand is such prayer does not put off their "bad or wrong" deeds.

is obvious you dont read the letter the prophet sent to king an najashi through Amr bin Omaiya Ad Damari and the king reply. you better go and research for it now,it will safe you from your ignorance!and again, how do you know that the prophet prayed salat mayit for munafiq, only huzaifa knows the names of those munafiq,neither the prophet nor huzaifa discloses the names to any other person,that is why he(huzaifa) was referred to as(the confiner of secret). so it is safe to say that prophet did not prayed salat mayit to any person except he is a muslim because "he didnt pray for no avail" according to one of his hadit.dont let anybody lie to you that prophet pray for munafiq
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
bamidelee:

may ALlaah guide you to the right path. You see yourself as a "scholar " you need to move to reputable people of knowledge and stop.using your intellect wrt to deen.

AlBaqir is a notorious Shia' who is skillful in twisting texts to go against the Sunnah of the Prophet.
He is like a lite version of Habeeb Markaz (OON).
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by abujaafar18: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2018
lettalktrue:

is obvious you dont read the letter the prophet sent to king an najashi through Amr bin Omaiya Ad Damari and the king reply. you better go and research for it now,it will safe you from your ignorance!and again, how do you know that the prophet prayed salat mayit for munafiq, only huzaifa knows the names of those munafiq,neither the prophet nor huzaifa discloses the names to any other person,that is why he(huzaifa) was referred to as(the confiner of secret). so it is safe to say that prophet did not prayed salat mayit to any person except he is a muslim because "he didnt pray for no avail" according to one of his hadit.dont let anybody lie to you that prophet pray for munafiq
Perhaps he is referring to the Prophets salat mayt forIbn Salool against Ibn Khatab advice . And the prophet, being someone who conducted all his religious affairs based on revelations from Allah did that before Allah sent revelation against such act.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by abujaafar18: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

AlBaqir is a notorious Shia' who is skillful in twisting texts to go against the Sunnah of the Prophet.

No doubt!
I think he's better followed with logic since his intention is to mislead people. Cant you see he has already being exposed?
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by AlBaqir(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
abujaafar18:
In other words, the idolators who believe in existence of God but direct their worship to their idols (as intercessors) are true believers and servants of Allah?

grin grin Nobody said they are true believers. You only cooked that up grin grin

Anyway, even if at least is for education purpose, read these thread and watch some of the opinions of scholars on videos attached:

https://www.nairaland.com/1906233/islam-only-right-path

https://www.nairaland.com/4614795/why-hell-fire-distributors-close
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by AlBaqir(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

grin grin grin which "sunnah" of the Prophet? Those ones concocted by Farabri and accredited it to Imam Bukhari grin grin Rashidi, asiri ti tu faah. grin
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by AlBaqir(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2018
abujaafar18:
If you are indeed sincere why do you encourage them in their disbelief by wishing them good in their celebrations? Dont your christian friends and neighbors whom you extend greetings to during their celebrations believe they are sons of God?

Okay you want me to wish them evil

What are they celebrating? Birth of Jesus and New Year. And I greet them "Merry Xmas and Happy New Year". Where And how does those meant I encourage their disbelief? Please reach me.

1 Like

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by lettalktrue(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
abujaafar18:
Perhaps he is referring to the Prophets salat mayt forIbn Salool against Ibn Khatab advice . And the prophet, being someone who conducted all his religious affairs based on revelations from Allah did that before Allah sent revelation against such act.
do you now agree that king najashi accepted islam before his death?
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by abujaafar18: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
lettalktrue:

do you now agree that king najashi accepted islam before his death?
You were asked to provide evidence, have you done that? Sorry! That question is for Albiqir who clearly doesn't have that belief.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by lettalktrue(m): 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
abujaafar18:
You were asked to provide evidence, have you done that? Sorry! That question is for Albiqir who clearly doesn't have that belief.
sorry that question is not meant for you sir.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

toor we would continue praying for him
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
bamidelee:

toor we would continue praying for him

He opened a thread claiming Saheeh Bukhari contains many error! And he is here quoting same Bukhari!
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Olizey(m): 12:55am On Dec 29, 2018
I must say, most of you muslims are foul creatures. With you statement above, you are clearly against the co-habitation of muslims and any other religious body, other than Christians. Just a mere greeting, and you are quoting all sorts of trash. If boko haram were blowing people like you and that other monkey who said albakir or so should not wish Christians good up, they would be highly celebrated. Later, you'd call yourself educated. Ordinary a new year greeting is haram and yet it is you guys who marry underaged girls, who are terrorists,who are always irrational, who are always right. Rashduct4luv indeed.

P.S. New year celebration is not a Christian thing. Any sensible person would thank his/her creator for passing the previous year in good health.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by AlBaqir(m): 4:51am On Dec 29, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

He opened a thread claiming Saheeh Bukhari contains many error! And he is here quoting same Bukhari!

Our point is clear: There are good and true hadith in sahih Bukhari. However, lies and fabrication in it are in excesses. grin
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:57am On Dec 29, 2018
AlBaqir:

Our point is clear: There are good and true hadith in sahih Bukhari. However, lies and fabrication in it are in excesses. grin

From a confirmed Shia' right, It's ok. May we never be afflicted what Allah has afflicted you with!
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:05am On Dec 29, 2018
Olizey:
I must say, most of you muslims are foul creatures. With you statement above, you are clearly against the co-habitation of muslims and any other religious body, other than Christians. Just a mere greeting, and you are quoting all sorts of trash. If boko haram were blowing people like you and that other monkey who said albakir or so should not wish Christians good up, they would be highly celebrated. Later, you'd call yourself educated. Ordinary a new year greeting is haram and yet it is you guys who marry underaged girls, who are terrorists,who are always irrational, who are always right. Rashduct4luv indeed.

P.S. New year celebration is not a Christian thing. Any sensible person would thank his/her creator for passing the previous year in good health.

I think you need to calm your nerves first and foremost! Re-read the post with a open mind. Must you force me to live my life like yours?
Why are you guys like this? We reject the Christmas/New year ideology, why not mind your business and leave us alone?

P.S. We have a lunar calendar which Ramadan is the name of the nineth month.
Marrying underage girls was recorded even in the Bible as well as that terrorism you mentioned! Muslims don't terrorise, we strive for peace.

1 Like

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by AlBaqir(m): 8:22am On Dec 29, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

From a confirmed Shia' right, It's ok. May we never be afflicted what Allah has afflicted you with!

Don't be stubborn. Even al-Albani weakened many ahadith in Sahih Bukhari not to mention Al-Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalani. And if you are not at underworld, you should by now know that in Arab world, western world and various other places, sahih Bukhari is being exposed. Ours is not new.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Olizey(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

I think you need to calm your nerves first and foremost! Re-read the post with a open mind. Must you force me to live my life like yours?
Why are you guys like this? We reject the Christmas/New year ideology, why not mind your business and leave us alone?

P.S. We have a lunar calendar which Ramadan is the name of the nineth month.
Marrying underage girls was recorded even in the Bible as well as that terrorism you mentioned! Muslims don't terrorise, we strive for peace.

All the best for your rejections man. You guys are just savages. Nobody is forcing anybody here. You say you have a lunar calendar and yet you still follow our Gregorian calendar. That is the height of hypocrisy my friend. Why don't you live your days following YOUR OWN CALENDAR and then you won't know whether it is new year or Christmas and then you won't disturb nairaland. You can't follow our calendar and still claim you do not believe in the new year celebration (i will cut you some slack on christmas, some christians do not even celebrate it).

Where was marrying underaged girls recorded in the Bible? Muslims don't kini? Abeg what is the religion of Boko haram, ISIS, Al-qaeda and even those minor terrorist groups in pakistan, libya, iran etc that we see on CNN?
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
AlBaqir:

Don't be stubborn. Even al-Albani weakened many ahadith in Sahih Bukhari not to mention Al-Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalani. And if you are not at underworld, you should by now know that in Arab world, western world and various other places, sahih Bukhari is being exposed. Ours is not new.

The Creed of Ahl Sunnah Wal Jama'h is that no book is 100% Saheeh as the Qur'an as it's only Allah that's infallible. Your exposition is similar to a denigration of Imam Bukhari just like OON.
You are a known abuser of scholars starting from the Sahabahs!
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
Olizey:

All the best for your rejections man. You guys are just savages. Nobody is forcing anybody here. You say you have a lunar calendar and yet you still follow our Gregorian calendar. That is the height of hypocrisy my friend. Why don't you live your days following YOUR OWN CALENDAR and then you won't know whether it is new year or Christmas and then you won't disturb nairaland. You can't follow our calendar and still claim you do not believe in the new year celebration (i will cut you some slack on christmas, some christians do not even celebrate it).

Where was marrying underaged girls recorded in the Bible? Muslims don't kini? Abeg what is the religion of Boko haram, ISIS, Al-qaeda and even those minor terrorist groups in pakistan, libya, iran etc that we see on CNN?

Nigeria is a multi religious country where there's freedom of religion and expression. Nigeria uses the Gregorian calendar while Islamic worship are usually based on the lunar calendar. No one is fighting you guys but why do you guys mandate it upon us to follow your new year? We say we don't celebrate this and that, why the intolerance? And at the end you'll say Muslims are the intolerant ones!
Not even marrying underage girls only! The Lord in the Bible ordered all men to be killed and also all women who has known men. But other girls who are virgin are to be spared for themselves!
Think about how they did the virginity tests back then. What else could they have done to those young ladies?

Verses of Boko Haram, ISIS, etc.

Numbers 31 vs 17-18

So now, kill all the boys, and kill every woman who has had relations with a man, 18 but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

Judges 21:10-11

10 So the congregation sent 12,000 of their most valiant men and commanded them: “Go and put to the sword those living in Jabesh-gilead, including women and children. 11 This is what you are to do: Completely destroy every male, as well as every female who has had relations with a man.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Olizey(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Nigeria is a multi religious country where there's freedom of religion and expression. Nigeria uses the Gregorian calendar while Islamic worship are usually based on the lunar calendar. No one is fighting you guys but why do you guys mandate it upon us to follow your new year? We say we don't celebrate this and that, why the intolerance? And at the end you'll say Muslims are the intolerant ones!
Not even marrying underage girls only! The Lord in the Bible ordered all men to be killed and also all women who has known men. But other girls who are virgin are to be spared for themselves!
Think about how they did the virginity tests back then. What else could they have done to those young ladies?

Verses of Boko Haram, ISIS, etc.

Numbers 31 vs 17-18

So now, kill all the boys, and kill every woman who has had relations with a man, 18 but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

Judges 21:10-11

10 So the congregation sent 12,000 of their most valiant men and commanded them: “Go and put to the sword those living in Jabesh-gilead, including women and children. 11 This is what you are to do: Completely destroy every male, as well as every female who has had relations with a man.

You keep saying you are being forced. Oga de, nobody cares about what you believe in, especially me. Not my business if one less person decides not to wish a happy new year. NOBODY IS FORCING YOU. Intolerance? Are you not the ones who force people to become muslims? Who KIDNAP them infact? Leah Sharibu comes to mind.

I didn't quote you because of your so called belief, I quoted you because you sounded like an EXTREMIST. Like you want to enforce that new year rubbish on your fellow SENSIBLE muslim brothers.

There was a post I saw on Twitter written by a famous imam ( he's verified), I can't remember exactly how it goes but he made good sense; Because you don't believe in the Christmas or New year celebration should not mean you can not wish your fellow colleagues happy holidays. It's just what's right. KEEP THAT IN MIND.

Why follow only the lunar calendar for just your prayers and then follow the Gregorian calendar for the other parts of your life? Why don't you follow the lunar calendar for everything and let's see how it goes.

So just to criticize a religion, you studied their book this much. Hypocrisy is your way, guy.

I'm not replying your quotes anymore abeg. It's clear you have no true basis of reality and I'm tired of typing.

ALL THE BEST.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Empiree: 12:23am On Dec 30, 2018
Na waoo

Mawlid is now in the same category as Xmas and New year to the point of telling Muslims it is Haram to eat from Mawlid meals prepared by fellow muslims?. This is the same thing jabata said. This is height of intolerance and extremism.

If you don't want novice MUSLIMS to greet or celebrate Xmas and New year, then you should encourage hijra celebration. But instead you condemn celebrating hijra. Do you guys think Islam is a boring religion?. We have allowances in Islam.

Again, there is nothing wrong with greeting nonmuslims. If it is allowed for them to greet us on eld fitr and adha, and we are happy about it, this does not make them encourage Islam. The same way responding to their Xmas or New year greetings have nothing to do with encouraging their disbeliefs.

What Quran says is that "do not join them in worship". The same ruling enforced on us when it comes to disbelieving parents. If your parent is abórìsà and he wants you to buy him beautiful cloth for their òrìsà festival, by Islam standard, you must buy it for him because that's not worship. That is ihsan you owe your parent.

If you fail to buy it for him in the name of silly fatwa, you will realize that you would have stepped on bigger toes in the sight of Allah. And you may not receive Allah's mercy because of that. He's Allah's kafir not yours.

However, we must allow our children to differentiate btw Islamic activities from other religions. Don't mix them. Greeting is not mixing or compromising. It is courtesy.

They say "merry Xmas" to you. Return their greeting with "thanks" or "happy holidays". These are generic terms that don't hurt.

Lakundinukun walyadeen entails practically involved in their religious worship which is Haram.

And as for Christians, if a Muslim choose not to greet or respond to your Xmas greeting, this is not intolerance. This is a matter of believe. You should respect this as well.

5 Likes

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by AlBaqir(m): 7:20am On Dec 30, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

The Creed of Ahl Sunnah Wal Jama'h is that no book is 100% Saheeh as the Qur'an as it's only Allah that's infallible. Your exposition is similar to a denigration of Imam Bukhari just like OON.
You are a known abuser of scholars starting from the Sahabahs!

# Thank God you have now agreed with us that there are errors and fabrications in Sahih Bukhari. grin grin

# Note, I have no problem with Imam Bukhari himself. My points are always on his alleged book which we have even unraveled that he was never the author (of the present day 9 volumes tagged in his name).

# And about Sahabah, it is only part of your fantasized propaganda that we abuse "the sahabah". We only have issues with fake sahabah, the munafiqun, drunkard, terrorists etc amongst them. It is reasonable as Quran itself did to separate good sahabah from bad ones.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
AlBaqir:

# Thank God you have now agreed with us that there are errors and fabrications in Sahih Bukhari. grin grin

# Note, I have no problem with Imam Bukhari himself. My points are always on his alleged book which we have even unraveled that he was never the author (of the present day 9 volumes tagged in his name).

# And about Sahabah, it is only part of your fantasized propaganda that we abuse "the sahabah". We only have issues with fake sahabah, the munafiqun, drunkard, terrorists etc amongst them. It is reasonable as Quran itself did to separate good sahabah from bad ones.

Lakum deenukum waliya Deen!
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by true2god: 10:49am On Dec 31, 2018
AlBaqir:
WHY DO YOU GREET "MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR"?

Some have asked why I greeted my Christians family and friends "merry Christmas and Happy New Year".

Some argued that even the Christians themselves are beginning to realize Dec.25th as a day where a particular Roman god used to be celebrated. Therefore, why reviving that?

Others argue that greeting the Christians is accepting their ideological beliefs.

MY GENERAL REPLY

First, Greetings has NOTHING to do with Iman (faith) or Ibadat (worship). It is only a courtesy which we can say, 'part of "akhlaq (morals)". And that I believe can go a long way in establishing good relationship with the society and change the fanatic way Islam and Muslims are being portrayed.

You can read a Sunni fatwa on greeting Christians during their festive seasons here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2061345/fatwa-muslims-congratulating-non-muslims-holidays

There is also al-Azhar's verdict online. And obviously there are other fatawa that condemned greetings of non-Muslims altogether.

Second, yes, it is debatable that the date (Dec. 25th) used to be day of worship of a particular Roman god. But this was changed and eradicated when the Roman emperor became Christian and paganism was destroyed, and Jesus birthday was substituted to that noted date instead. At the face value, this is more or less an acceptable transformation. It is however,  of no use for antagonists to keep on referring back to that story of Roman god.

Besides, if I may ask, which calender do you use? Gregorian calendar or Arabian (or Persian or Chinese or Bahai) calendar? If you as a Muslim uses the Gregorian calendar in your social activities and you did not point back to its pagan root (since that has been eradicated long time ago), then why do you feel disturbed when we say "Happy New Year" at the beginning of a new year? It has nothing to do with my faith or belief.

Second, it is very clear that Jesus was born and his day of birth was recognized by Allah in the Quran, and there is recommendation to remember such days among others.

When exactly was he born? Was it 25th of Dec or other date? There's controversy among historians. Whichever way it is, it doesn't matter. It does not in anyway reduce my belief and reverence for Prophet Eesa (Jesus Christ).

'I dey gbadun you bro!'. I collect salah meat from Muslims till date and I wont stop for now. I often asked for the best part of the 'eran agbo' anytime it is being slaughtered for salah festival. Not that I accept what Islam teaches but I rejoice when people rejoice. I criticize many Islamic beliefs but I will celebrate with them and merry with them when they do.

It is quite unfortunate that Nigerian Muslims are more 'Arabian' than the Arab-Muslims who brought Islam to Africa.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:52am On Jan 01, 2019
AlBaqir:

Mention one religious Book apart from the Qur'an that has no error? Sometimes you something small and simple huge in people's eyes just to prove your dumbness! Whoever truly has eyes will see through you.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by AlBaqir(m): 7:02am On Jan 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Mention one religious Book apart from the Qur'an that has no error?

There is none. Alhamdulillah your brain is now reset and formatted after believing and argued ceaselessly that sahih Bukhari is free of error. Congratulations grin

1 Like

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:05am On Jan 01, 2019
Empiree:
Na waoo

Mawlid is now in the same category as Xmas and New year to the point of telling Muslims it is Haram to eat from Mawlid meals prepared by fellow muslims?. This is the same thing jabata said. This is height of intolerance and extremism.

If you don't want novice MUSLIMS to greet or celebrate Xmas and New year, then you should encourage hijra celebration. But instead you condemn celebrating hijra. Do you guys think Islam is a boring religion?. We have allowances in Islam.

Again, there is nothing wrong with greeting nonmuslims. If it is allowed for them to greet us on eld fitr and adha, and we are happy about it, this does not make them encourage Islam. The same way responding to their Xmas or New year greetings have nothing to do with encouraging their disbeliefs.

What Quran says is that "do not join them in worship". The same ruling enforced on us when it comes to disbelieving parents. If your parent is abórìsà and he wants you to buy him beautiful cloth for their òrìsà festival, by Islam standard, you must buy it for him because that's not worship. That is ihsan you owe your parent.

If you fail to buy it for him in the name of silly fatwa, you will realize that you would have stepped on bigger toes in the sight of Allah. And you may not receive Allah's mercy because of that. He's Allah's kafir not yours.

However, we must allow our children to differentiate btw Islamic activities from other religions. Don't mix them. Greeting is not mixing or compromising. It is courtesy.

They say "merry Xmas" to you. Return their greeting with "thanks" or "happy holidays". These are generic terms that don't hurt.

Lakundinukun walyadeen entails practically involved in their religious worship which is Haram.

And as for Christians, if a Muslim choose not to greet or respond to your Xmas greeting, this is not intolerance. This is a matter of believe. You should respect this as well.

So buying clothes for idol worshipping is ihsan and not directly supporting shirk? Anyways, your own version of religion is closer to Christianity and idol worshipping than the pristine Islam the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam brought!

Surah Al-Maeda, Verse 2:
Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.

This hadeeth was narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:12am On Jan 01, 2019
AlBaqir:

There is none. Alhamdulillah your brain is now reset and formatted after believing and argued ceaselessly that sahih Bukhari is free of error. Congratulations grin

Where have I made such assertion?
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Empiree: 7:23am On Jan 01, 2019
true2god:
'I dey gbadun you bro!'. I collect salah meat from Muslims till date and I wont stop for now. I often asked for the best part of the 'eran agbo' anytime it is being slaughtered for salah festival. Not that I accept what Islam teaches but I rejoice when people rejoice. I criticize many Islamic beliefs but I will celebrate with them and merry with them when they do.

It is quite unfortunate that Nigerian Muslims are more 'Arabian' than the Arab-Muslims who brought Islam to Africa.
problem with you christians and atheists is that, you don't know difference btw right and wrong. As a result of that you guys would want to relate with anything and everything. This is typically the case of non-muslims altogether. Example of this is my former coworker from Nepal. He is Hindu. He told me that he prayed with muslims on ordinary days in the mosques and they did not prevent him and his hindu friends. He knows many islamic phrases and verses of Quran. I actually thought he was muslim bcus he responded to my greeting, "salam alaikum". He said further that "but you muslims don't come to pray with us or celebrate with us on our hindu festivals". I said 'of course they wouldn't do that. If you are sure of your religion you would not join muslims in worship in the first place'.

So in islam, we have rules and principles. I do not support albaqir's approach fully. I only accept what is reasonable from his view and neither do i support op's position fully. I only take what is reasonable from him as well. I maintain my position that January 1st and xmas have nothing to do with our religion. But if a muslim decides to offer tahajjud (night prayer) on December 31st, it is his decision but i am not the one to judge him/her. Some do offer tahajjud occasionally and it falls on Dec 31st. Problem is the effects of colony took a toll on us. Colonial masters forced their way of life on us. This is why we have our birth certificates written in gregorian calendar.

However, when it comes to greetings whether "merry xmas or happy new year", there is nothing wrong with these in as much as muslim does not join you in your religious rituals. If you can greet muslims on eld and we have no problems with that, hence, there is no problem with greeting you or responding to greetings. This is simple courtesy.

Hijra or 1st of Muharram is what our muslim brethren need to promote.

4 Likes

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by AlBaqir(m): 7:24am On Jan 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Where have I made such assertion?

Rashduct4luv:
Well, Oga Shia and Suffy Empiree!

Anyways Sahih Bukhari is Sahih to us and will always remain so.
t
https://www.nairaland.com/3108197/wrote-sahih-bukhari-obviously-not

It was after that reckless statement that you systematically comment:

Rashduct4luv:

Oga Soofee! Stop the lie I never claim any book apart from the Qur'an can be 100% correct! And if a large container of water contains negligible impurity it's still pure. After the Qur'an, the next authentic book on earth is sahih bukhari! I never said it's 100% faultless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam / Tips On How To Make A Passive Muslim Become Active In Solat? / A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.