Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. (9393 Views)

Muslim Boy Prayers In Front Of RCCG Church / Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:34am On Jan 01, 2019
AlBaqir:

https://www.nairaland.com/3108197/wrote-sahih-bukhari-obviously-not

It was after that reckless statement that you systematically comment:

Alhamdulillah I have explained myself and it is clear!

Pick up a pen and calculate.

Errors in Sahih Bukhari/ Total number of hadiths in Sahih Bukhari. Multiply by 100.

Give us the %age error.

What %age range should be taken as Sahih?
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Empiree: 7:41am On Jan 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

So buying clothes for idol worshipping is ihsan and not directly supporting shirk? Anyways, your own version of religion is closer to Christianity and idol worshipping than the pristine Islam the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam brought!

Surah Al-Maeda, Verse 2:
Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.

This hadeeth was narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”
you have problem. Buying parent cloth for his orisa festival does not mean a kind of cloth like red with owo eyo (cowries) or egungun clothing. We talking about decent agbada, jilbab etc. You present it to him and say "dad, is this not better than that cloth you wear at your altar and you aren't even proud of it?". He puts it on and his fellow aborisa asks him where you gets this nice cloth from?. He would tell them his son bought it for him. One of them will eventually tell him that his son is more enlightened and want him to abandon orissa he worships. So you paid what you owe him by taking care of your responsibility enforced on you by God. Slowly you take your parent back from his way. You gotta apply some wisdom papi. This is my approach. Others may have better approach. But you just don't approach your disbelieving parent to drop what they have been doing for donkey years suddenly. You create more problems like that. But if you refuse to buy him cloth, he gets it from somewhere else and you just lost one chance. Did not prophet take it easy with mushrikun at first?. Did he not take it easy with alcohol drinkers and adulterers and slowly took these vices from them?. gira gira will solve nothing my friend.

But thank God, i don't have disbelieving parents. You can quote as many ahadith as you want. I know exactly what i am talking about.

2 Likes

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:55am On Jan 01, 2019
Empiree:
you have problem. Buying parent cloth for his orisa festival does not mean a kind of cloth like red with owo eyo (cowries) or egungun clothing. We talking about desence agbada, jilbab etc. You present it to him and say "dad, is this not better than that cloth you wear at your altar and you aren't even proud of it?". He puts it on and his fellow aborisa asks him where you gets this nice cloth from?. He would tell them his son bought it for him. One of them will eventually tell him his son is more enlightened and want him to abandon orissa he worships. So you paid what you owe him by taking care of your responsibility enforced on you by God. Slowly you take your parent back from his way. You gotta apply some wisdom papi. This is my approach. Others may have better approach. But you just don't approach your disbelieving parent to drop what they have been doing for donkey years suddenly. You create more problems like that. But if you refuse to buy him cloth, he gets it from somewhere else and you just lost one chance. Did not prophet take it easy with mushrikun at first?. Did he not take it easy with alcohol drinkers and adulterers and slowly took these vices from them?. gira gira will solve nothing my friend.

But thank God, i don't have disbelieving parents. You can quote as many ahadith as you want. I know exactly what i am talking about.

Being good to parents is one of the best deeds in Islam no doubt and it doesn't matter if they are Muslims or not!
The Prophet took it easy with them but never in small way join them in any celebration pertaining to their religion! And what is gira gira here?
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Empiree: 8:02am On Jan 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Being good to parents is one of the best deeds in Islam no doubt and it doesn't matter if they are Muslims or not!
The Prophet took it easy with them but never in small way join them in any celebration pertaining to their religion! And what is gira gira here?
Buying him cloth is ihsan or good deed for whatever he wants to use it for. Honestly, you need to take a step back and listen to those old baba in yorubaland. I am talking about alfas and shuyukh who dealt with similar situation. They used my approach to bring their parents, uncles and other older relatives from idols. If you tell your kafir parent(for instance) that you can not buy him the cloth for his orisa rituals, you might just step on Allah's curse right there. If he asks for egungun clothing, you dont buy him that. You buy him decent omoluabi clothing like jallubaba and he realizes that you want the best for him. Obviously, you are not in agreement with his way when you buy him jilbab instead of cowries embedded clothing he wants from you. Open your wisdom a little bit more papi

2 Likes

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
Empiree:
Buying him cloth is ihsan or good deed for whatever he wants to us it for. Honestly, you need to take a step back and listen to those old baba in yorubaland. I am talking about alfas and shuyukh who dealt with similar situation. They used my approach to bring their parents, uncles and other older relatives from idols. If you tell your kafir parent(for instance) that you can not buy him the cloth for his orisa rituals, you might just step on Allah's curse right there. If he asks for egungun clothing, you dont buy him that. You buy him decent omoluabi clothing like jallubaba and he realizes that you want the best for him. Obviously, you are not in agreement with his way when you buy him jilbab instead of cowries embedded clothing he wants from you. Open your wisdom a little bit more papi

All this are established in the seerah of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam. He was good to the disbelievers and brought them in to Islam which his character. Are you hoping on bringing the Christians in to Islam by celebrating Christmas and New year?
I think I should end the discuss here!
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Empiree: 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

All this are established in the seerah of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam. He was good to the disbelievers and brought them in to Islam which his character. Are you hoping on bringing the Christians in to Islam by celebrating Christmas and New year?
I think I should end the discuss here!
smh. I don't know if you deliberately chose to be mentally incompetent or what?. Maybe you need to go up there and re-read my posts.

3 Likes

Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by Olizey(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2019
Empiree:
smh. I don't know if you deliberately chose to be mentally incompetent or what?. Maybe you need to go up there and re-read my posts.

The guy is just annoyingly ignorant.
Re: No New Year Celebration, Special Prayers, Etc. by aadoiza: 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2019
Empiree:
problem with you christians and atheists is that, you don't know difference btw right and wrong. As a result of that you guys would want to relate with anything and everything. This is typically the case of non-muslims altogether. Example of this is my former coworker from Nepal. He is Hindu. He told me that he prayed with muslims on ordinary days in the mosques and they did not prevent him and his hindu friends. He knows many islamic phrases and verses of Quran. I actually thought he was muslim bcus he responded to my greeting, "salam alaikum". He said further that "but you muslims don't come to pray with us or celebrate with us on our hindu festivals". I said 'of course they wouldn't do that. If you are sure of your religion you would not join muslims in worship in the first place'.

So in islam, we have rules and principles. I do not support albaqir's approach fully. I only accept what is reasonable from his view and neither do i support op's position fully. I only take what is reasonable from him as well. I maintain my position that January 1st and xmas have nothing to do with our religion. But if a muslim decides to offer tahajjud (night prayer) on December 31st, it is his decision but i am not the one to judge him/her. Some do offer tahajjud occasionally and it falls on Dec 31st. Problem is the effects of colony took a toll on us. Colonial masters forced their way of life on us. This is why we have our birth certificates written in gregorian calendar.

However, when it comes to greetings whether "merry xmas or happy new year", there is nothing wrong with these in as much as muslim does not join you in your religious rituals. If you can greet muslims on eld and we have no problems with that, hence, there is no problem with greeting you or responding to greetings. This is simple courtesy.

Hijra or 1st of Muharram is what our muslim brethren need to promote.
Incisive as ever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Spiritual Significance Of HAJJ (pilgrimage To Mecca) / The Story Of Prophet Musa And Khidr : Indeed Allah Is All Knowing / Recommended Time-table Or Routine During Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.