Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? (2931 Views)

Share Your Dreams And The Holyspirit Will Help Interpret / Share Your Dreams And The Holyspirit Will Help Interpret / Can One Really Purchase The Holyspirit By His Own Effort? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Lighthouse50: 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dear readers, Acts 1 vs 8 says 'and you shall receive power when the holyspirit falls on you. Then you will be my witness from jerusalem to the uttermost part of the earth' Holyspirit is needed to receive power. Please how do one get the holyspirit? How long does it take to get it? Those who have gotten it, can you tell us your experience. Waiting for responses.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Dear readers, Acts 1 vs 8 says 'and you shall receive power when the holyspirit falls on you. Then you will be my witness from jerusalem to the uttermost part of the earth' Holyspirit is needed to receive power. Please how do one get the holyspirit? How long does it take to get it? Those who have gotten it, can you tell us your experience. Waiting for responses.
Years! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by McStoic(m): 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:

There's no set time. God does not work like that. So far you are genuinely born again and desires the gift of the Holy Spirit, you will receive it. You can be born again today and also get filled the same day. Make sure you are not asking for selfish selfish reasons

Pray in faith and keep yourself holy and consecrated while praying for the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Lighthouse50: 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
McStoic:

There's no set time. God does not work like that. So far you are genuinely born again and desires the gift of the Holy Spirit, you will receive it. You can be born again today and also get filled the same day. Make sure you are not asking for selfish selfish reasons

Pray in faith and keep yourself holy and consecrated while praying for the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
Thanks sir, please can one fast for it cos waiting too long leads to weariness
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:
What he said is a lie. You can't can't born-again and receive the Holyspirit the same day... that is against Jesus Christ and His teaching. undecided

Recall, the Holy Spirit did not descend on Jesus Christ until He was about 33 years and this after many years of suffering according to Isaiah 53. . His own disciples didn't get the Spirit until after 3 or more years walking with Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Lighthouse50: 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Years! undecided
How sir, im interested to learn further
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:
How sir, im interested to learn further
Once you become born-again, you begin the process of knowing the Truth and being set free from slavery to sin by knowing the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 35 - to then become transformed into a Son of God, a perfect/holy vessel worthy of God's own Holy Spirit to live on the inside of - John 15 vs 15 - 25 . undecided
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Lighthouse50: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Once you become born-again, you begin the process of knowing the Truth and being set free from slavery to sin by knowing the Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 35 - to then become transformed into a Son of God, a perfect/holy vessel worthy of God's own Holy Spirit to live on the inside of - John 15 vs 15 - 25 . undecided
I Are there ways to cofirm the holyspirit has come in apart from speaking in tongues?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by McStoic(m): 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:

Yes you can. But don't think it's because of the fasting you are going to receive it. It's based more on your faith, desire and motive for asking for the baptism..

Take time to wait upon God in a private atmosphere, if possible play Christian songs that edifies your spirit. Keep yourself consecrated and focused. As you pray and ask, speak out whatever voice comes to your mind by faith. Keep on believing and consistently speaking it and praying with the tongues in the days following... You will get used to it and begin to see yourself move deeper in godliness and revelations..

Pray with Luke 11:13. Remind God of His promise there

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:
I Are there ways to cofirm the holyspirit has come in apart from speaking in tongues?
First off, speaking in tongues is not confirmation of the Holy Spirit. Instead it is confirmation that you believe aka you arr born-again and trust and obey Jesus Christ. undecided

When the Spirit of God arrives, you will know, in similar manner as you when you became born of Spirit, acquiring a new Spirit aspect to your person which seemed much like a possession. undecided
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by AllBlack: 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lets say 20-25 minutes.
Should not take more than 27 minutes
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by RoyalDiadems: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:

My brother, be ware of kobojunkie. He's a deceiver and an imposter. This is a guy who tries all he can to lead people away from God. You can. Check his posts from to confirm. He's an agent of hell who says the Bible is a false book but he keeps quoting from it. He says all pastors are deceivers. He says all churches are fake. Run away from that guy. The Lord will preserve your soul.

The Holy Spirit Baptism can.come at anytime. No fixed period. The moment you give your life to Christ, you're qualified. In Acts 10, Cornelius and his house received Holy Spirit Baptism even before they were baptised in water.

I personally received the baptism of the Holy Spirit at a period I was seriously yearning for Him. I faster after reading a book written by R.D Flory, Biblical Fasting and Prayer. I received the baptism with the evidence of speaking in tongues on the 7th day of my fasting which was the last day.

1. You must thirst earnestly for the baptism. God pours water only on thirsty grounds.

2. You must ask in faith.

Your experience would not be similar to mine. You may never have to fast. You can also received the baptism of the Holy Spirit through the laying on of hands. Yes, someone can minister to you.

There's no given Condition for the Baptism to be received other than being born again. Then, have faith and yearn for Him. You can get saved today and be baptised today. No time factor is involved.

May the Lord grant you your desires.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by AllBlack: 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lighthouse50:

You can go and buy at shoprite. You impatient mofo.
A whole holy spirit na him you dey look clock for. Tomorrow they say Christians should raise up their hands, you too will raise that your crayfish hand
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
My brother, be ware of kobojunkie. He's a deceiver and an imposter. This is a guy who tries all he can to lead people away from God. You can. Check his posts from to confirm. He's an agent of hell who says the Bible is a false book but he keeps quoting from it. He says all pastors are deceivers. He says all churches are fake. Run away from that guy. The Lord will preserve your soul.
What do you gain from lying to disparage my person yet refusing to provide scriptural evidence to actually invalidate any of what I state of the Word of God, Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by RoyalDiadems: 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What do you gain from lying to disparage my person yet refusing to provide scriptural evidence to actually invalidate any of what I state of the Word of God, Jesus Christ? undecided

Deny anything I said above concerning you, and I'll bring out your Nairaland posts to expose you. You son of the devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by AntiChristian: 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
See how people who have Holy spirit are fighting one another!

Holy spirit is film trick aka sakamanje!

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
RoyalDiadems:
Deny anything I said above concerning you, and I'll bring out your Nairaland posts to expose you. You son of the devil.
Again...What do you gain from lying to disparage my person yet refusing to provide scriptural evidence to actually invalidate any of what I state of the Word of God, Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Harshirama(m): 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
Receiving the Holy Spirit it what happens at salvation. Once a man believes the gospel of christ, he immediately receives the indwelling of the spirit.

Ephesians 1:13
[13]In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Romans 8:9
[9]But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 2:12
[12]Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

After the indwelling of the spirit, there's another experience known as the baptism of Holy Spirit, also the same as being filled with the spirit/or the spirit upon. It refers to the spirit within the believer finding expression.

Ephesians 5:18-19
[18]And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
[19]Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Acts 2:4
[4]And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The baptism of the holy spirit/being filled with the spirit is when the believer who has believed the gospel yields to the spirit now within him. This is accompanied by a visible manifestation, most especially utterance. All instances of men being filled with the spirit in the New testament shows that they either spoke as a result of yielding to the spirit, or performed actions by the holy ghost.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by RoyalDiadems: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again...What do you gain from lying to disparage my person yet refusing to provide scriptural evidence to actually invalidate any of what I state of the Word of God, Jesus Christ? undecided

You cannot deny what I said about you? I was just waiting for you to deny.

Now, rather than deny what was said about him, he'll start asking the same foolish question again and again. That's what he does. Agent of darkness parading himself as an agent of light.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
undecided
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Lighthouse50: 2:54am On Jun 20, 2022
AllBlack:

Thanks for your reply but remember the master has blessed me to say Blessed are those who hungers and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:05am On Jun 20, 2022
God is a spirit! John 4:24
There are different spirits {1Corin 8:5} and the evidence to know this is the activities of Worshipers, each spirit have what it takes to be a bonafide member of it's group of worshipers.
So before you can be certain that you're with the right spirit you need to know what is expected of those worshiping the spirit you're targeting.
When Jesus said what you're quoting today his disciples already knew that their God has earlier promised something of that nature! Joel 2:28-30
So by the time honest hearted and sincere Jews in Jerusalem that once told Pontius Pilate to kill Jesus of Nazareth {Matt 27:25} later witnessed what their God promised among Jesus' disciples they felt really bitter and regretted all what they did to Jesus of Nazareth. Act 2:37

So if you're interested in becoming a true Christian you need to know what true Christianity must produce {Matt 7:16-18} otherwise you may end up dealing with deceptive spirits thinking you're with Jesus! Matt 7:21-23

May you have PEACE!

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Unlimited4G: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lighthouse50:

[/b]The Holy spirit is alway here with us[b]. I know you desperately want to encounter the strong & might manifestation of the Holy spirit in your life.

1st... Understand that the Holy spirit is LOVE, HOLY & PURE. So if you're a type that's always selfish, self centered, rebellious, proud, discriminates alot, envious or greedy ; then make up your mind to let go of those things.

2nd....Confess your sins & Accept Jesus as your personal Lord & Saviour.

3rd....Get baptised, it doesn't matter if you were baptised at birth; You were young then and couldn't make decisions for yourself so I advise that you get baptised again now that you know your left from right.

4th....Step-up your prayer life. (I.e if you normally prayed for 30mins only/once in a week; then increase it). Show the Holy spirit that you're desperate for Him.

5th...Never lose Faith/doubt the process.

6th...Take your time and study 1 Corinthians 12:1-31.

I was once like you(Very desperate to be baptised by the Holy Ghost & communicate with Him directly).. But something was holding me back which was my "love life". I kept wondering how I will manage the whole process ( serve God & go against Him).

Not long, I began to have troubles in my love life and I used that opportunity to make up my mind & I got baptized immediately. At first I thought that I'll begin to speak in tongues immediately I'm raised out of the water but it wasn't as I thought. I tried my best not to doubt the process/the pastor who conducted the baptism.

After the baptism, I kept believing God that one day I'll be baptized of the Holy Ghost. I kept praying, I studied the word of God, I adjusted most of my lifestyles, started showing concern about others, stopped treating people the way they treated me, became more forgiving.... Along the line; I got in contact with a friend who invited me to a youth revival service which held in the evening.

At the end of the service, a young lady came up to the podium and made an announcement; "Those who haven't been baptize by the Holy Ghost should wait behind" which I did.
I was taken to another room and was asked to pray first, later on 3 young ladies around 19-22 yrs came in and held my hand (forming a circle) and started praying in the Holy Ghost, it became so intense and it started feeling as if something was loosening up in my tummy, I start shouting & jumping while speaking in tongues along side with them. It was so sweet, I didn't want it to end....
Since that day; My life has never been the same. From one success, breakthroughs, blessings, fruitfulness to another.

[/b]Note: I had my water baptism last year April and got baptised by the Holy Ghost on June last year. (Patience is the key)[b]

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Only when you are no longer Satan's child.

Holy and unholy things do not mix. That is The Law!

And speaking Truths as you have just done is a step in the right direction.

So, you are not yet saved, you just maybe applied to be saved.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
McStoic:

. You can be born again today and also get filled the same day. ...

Lie, Lie! Even the disciples took much time before The Holy Spirit came on them.

A Holy thing can never be meddled with an unholy thing. That is The Law!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lighthouse50:

If you like scratch yourself in addition to the fast, you are wasting your time.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lighthouse50:

Yes! Speaking in tongues is the gift of linguistics that is the power to quickly learn and speak different languages that you are exposed to.

gaggatu bosa hagahigi is A FRAUD knowing that it would impress stupid people.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:

He is not lying! You can not count the number of persons who have called you evil and that you express the Bible upside down. You are exactly like Satan, bending Truth into other things as still say God Said it or Christ Said it.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by RepoMan007: 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

The Holy Spirit Baptism can.come at anytime. No fixed period. The moment you give your life to Christ, you're qualified. In Acts 10, Cornelius and his house received Holy Spirit Baptism even before they were baptised in water.

I personally received the baptism of the Holy Spirit at a period I was seriously yearning for Him. I faster after reading a book written by R.D Flory, Biblical Fasting and Prayer. I received the baptism with the evidence of speaking in tongues on the 7th day of my fasting which was the last day.

1. You must thirst earnestly for the baptism. God pours water only on thirsty grounds.

2. You must ask in faith.

Your experience would not be similar to mine. You may never have to fast. You can also received the baptism of the Holy Spirit through the laying on of hands. Yes, someone can minister to you.

There's no given Condition for the Baptism to be received other than being born again. Then, have faith and yearn for Him. You can get saved today and be baptised today. No time factor is involved.

May the Lord grant you your desires.

Thanks for exposing that satanic entity that leads people astray here. He has no other job but to be disputing whatever is truthful. He even disputes things that matches his own past arguments, that's how serious the devil has a hold of his life.
The devil in his life typed through him that it takes years but forgot to tell him to specify a number of years.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Ow0eg0kudi: 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lighthouse50:

Hmmm...@Lighthouse50
You have asked so many salient questions.

Acts 16:30 - believe and be saved.

John 6:63 - more Word = more spirit

Akin to asking the question "When does a person become educated?"

It is a process. The more one reads and OBEYS the Word, the more the spirit.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Shawl001(m): 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Truth is,
There's no duration to it. It is a matter of hunger from the heart and the right motive for wanting Him. I've seen cases where it was instantaneous, just after accepting Jesus into your life, and GBAM, you were informed about the Holy Spirit, and desire came. Hands were laid, and they bursted forth in strange tongues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Politicians And Pastors: The Two Things Holding Nigeria Back! / Holy Spirit Feelings: What Are Your Experiences? / Dance Drama/ Choreography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.