Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React (50092 Views)

Buhari Hosts Dangote, Otedola, Others In Aso Rock - Photos / Dangote, Otedola & Ovia At A Meeting With Buhari Today (Pictures) / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
Trying to give make up to a pig.

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by deafeyez: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
Na so Atiku worry APC reach?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by chronique(m): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2018
Felixv:

How will that be done.

I guess you never built a house nor own a business

You need cement and you need diesel - too many small businesses rely on men like Dangote and Otedola.

There are other cements in the market. Lafarge, BUA, and the likes. The problem is that most dealerships already sell dangote cement. If dealerships can buy more of the others, the sales from dangote would drop. No doubt about the fact that we cannot completely boycott dangote cement but one thing is sure and that's the fact that we can reduce our patronage of his products. When it comes to his consumable goods like pasta and the likes, there are more than enough alternatives to choose from. Again, a 100% boycott cannot be achieved but we can reduce our patronage of his products. Same goes for forte oil. If you can afford to fill up your tank elsewhere other than at forte oil stations, we can do something.

Boycotting their products doesn't mean we would be able to do that 100%. It just means we have to try as much as possible to avoid patronizing them and this would surely impact on their sales.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Chukazu: 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2018
Dangote and Otedola haven't yet accepted...so it's just campaign strategy
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by michealewela: 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
The richest man in African is now a failure Someone should explain please....
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Yoighaman(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
My questions are, why didn't Aliko and Otedola openly support GEJ in 2015 despite being their benefactor? Why are they doing it now having also benefited under PMB's regime? There's more to their coming out than meets the eye.

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by abismal3(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
Sai baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by omowumi9: 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2018
This is really interesting! Astute and shrewd politicians/Rtd Maj. Gens vs change politicians/ business tycoons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by NEIGHBOUR(m): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2018
People have forgotten that the same Dangote and Otedola donated billions to the campaign fund of PDP few years back. They are Nigerians and free to associate with any party of their choice.

4 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by musicwriter(m): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2018
What they're really doing is sending a message to the rich and mighty that they would be protected if they join the APC team.

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Starpro87(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2018
Otedola, in recent time, sold forte oil out to invest in petroleum refining.
As glaring as it is, Dangote is in the forefront of petroleum refining buiness in Nigeria. Who knows what the APC led govt has promised them?
Wish them luck and fruitful investment.

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by omowumi9: 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2018
chronique:

There are other cements in the market. Lafarge, BUA, and the likes. The problem is that most dealerships already sell dangote cement. If dealerships can buy more of the others, the sales from dangote would drop. No doubt about the fact that we cannot completely boycott dangote cement but one thing is sure and that's the fact that we can reduce our patronage of his products. When it comes to his consumable goods like pasta and the likes, there are more than enough alternatives to choose from. Again, a 100% boycott cannot be achieved but we can reduce our patronage of his products. Same goes for forte oil. If you can afford to fill up your tank elsewhere other than at forte oil stations, we can do something.

Boycotting their products doesn't mean we would be able to do that 100%. It just means we have to try as much as possible to avoid patronizing them and this would surely impact on their sales.

What is your stress? What really is your point?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Felixv: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
chronique:

One thing you are forgetting is the level of demand there is for Dangote’s products.

And the sophistication of his dealership network - Dangote is an African/SE Asian phenomenon- this is a man that has built plants in other African countries and some SE Asian countries

Rather than preach a boycott you should be aiming to be like him.

Politics aside - we need more people like Dangote that would bring a good name to our country.

His political affiliations should never be a bone of contention.

In the next few years, Dangote’s refinery would come on stream - a massive investment that would finally put an end to our importation of petrol - a shameful practice.

By the way, Otedola is selling most of his shares in forte oil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
dangote and otedola were chosen because of their financial capabilty...so when apc start spending looted money...Nigerians and EFCC will think tge richest business men in Africa donated the money.[my own point ofview though]

btw...why is a sitting candidate this desperate on re-election?
if truly they've given Nigeria the needed CHANGE they preached,why not let the masses be the judge with their votes and not stress themselves with campaign and others

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by BabaO2: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
kingkakaone:
Nigerians can only make mouths on Twitter.
In reality, they will still hail Dangote and Otedola all because of money.

PDP started the wooing of Otedola in Lagos only for APC to beat them at their own game. Whoever knows the number of APC scouting manager should please help me with it. The person is a good signing manager that can help Man United and Chelsea get a better striker than Lukaku and Morata.

APC has a good strategist but they are very wicked when it comes to governance. If only they can be this strategic when it comes to ruling the nation Nigeria would have been better off.

Lesson learnt from this move: Never make your strategies known by your opponent if you want to survive in the game.
They were the first to woo omisore too before they were given bloody nose in Osun. The fact is that PDP are bunch of expired and unsellable individuals. They are not useful to the nation.

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by grandstar(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
Dangote and Otedola will be better of with the pro-market and pro-business policies of Atiku/Obi

They would at least try to remove the oil subsidy and fully deregulate the sector unlike Buhari who would keep the subsidy and expect these 2 tycoons to play along with the hubris

It will be hypocritical for them to play along but I won't blame! They may suffer repercussions if they don't play along

Remember Obasanjo library and donations?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Smile4daddy(m): 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
Children of hate

I pray pdp looters and their Zombies Supporters will not die before FeBuhari 16th the set time appointed for them.

Maybe na them get Dangote supporting spirit.

Or na them help am make him money

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Earlystar698(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2018
if buhari like he should apoint bill gate or who ever I no be say Nigeria must atikulate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by nokatakata: 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
Felixv:

One thing you are forgetting is the level of demand there is for Dangote’s products.

And the sophistication of his dealership network - Dangote is an African/SE Asian phenomenon- this is a man that has built plants in other African countries and some SE Asian countries

Politics aside - we need more people like Dangote that would bring a good name to our country.

In the next few years, Dangote’s refinery would come on stream - a massive investment that would finally put an end to our importation of petrol - a shameful practice.

don't mind him. You will boycott a product that is useful to you because of senseless hatred. If dangote or otedola gives him a job or money, will he turn it down. You have dangote cement maybe close to where you are building but because of hatred you will abandon it and go about looking or another brand of cement. You are low on fuel and the closest filling station to you is forte oil but will leave forte oil because of hatred and go about looking for a filling station farther. Some people are not just serious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2018
dangote/otedola are humans and i assure you that Nigerians i quite smart for I know some would attend APC meetings take the money and the rice the whatever they come up with ...eat...enjoy yourself is your money ....but while voting they would still vote PDP i wish APC could find a way to halt this act . ...chai forcing any ANIMAL to the river side no mean say him go drink water

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by yinkeys(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2018
chronique:
Boycotting anything that has to do with these two, should be the way forward.
God bless you sir

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by zicoraads: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
Empty barrels and their loud noises. That's the only thing most of them are good at; form savage kings and queens on Twitter.

Ask most of them if they have their PVC's and they'll tell you 'No'. Even the ones that have, they'll most likely tell you they can't stand all that stress of standing for hours just to cast their votes. If the election goes against their online wishes, they'll come back online to rant.

The question is: who do you think will vote out Buhari for you? Ghosts?!

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
77up:
I known you are in pain grin
U mean ur father is in pain?
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Vtrd: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
A business man like dangote swaying into partisan politics and opening himself up to potential enemies.

And to think many of his businesses are in pdp states.

The law of diminishing return has set in.
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
BabaO2:

They were the first to woo omisore too before they were given bloody nose in Osun. The fact is that PDP are bunch of expired and unsellable individuals. They are not useful to the nation.
I only care about the person doing the signing for APC that's all.

I'm not in APC or PDP.
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by jaxxy(m): 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2018
wingmanII:
Dangote has stupidly demystified himself. Wonder if they threatened him one way or the other.
Never expected him to be openly partisan. The backlash may not be worth it, few years later.

He’s not partisan Dangote and Otedola always support whichever government is in power until they fail or power changes. If u remember they supported Jonathan and he still lost. It’s a normal political gesture.
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
WATCHOVER:

Because of the *s*. Whatever, that doesn't stop the fact, that you zombies comment with your anus
Another syntax error, I can't join you in these errors up and down please.
Go and help yourself before you continue, no offense.

BTW, there are no zombies anywhere, it is just a figment of the imagination of your block head.
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
WOLEMENTO:

no vex just visit www.mentofills..com for latest news
Why?
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by ainas247: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
Otogah:
visit www.nicebuilder. for your house building

Bro, I can help you rank your website easily on Google..check my profile if it's important to you
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by 77up(m): 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
camobri:

U mean ur father is in pain?
fatherless fool must disrespect someone else father now .

How wish you can have one so you ll know the importance, still shows you are in pain .
Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by chronique(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
Felixv:

I don't have intentions of being like dangote. I have dreams and visions of being a successful business man. I built my current business from the scratch with no single penny coming from anybody. It's being a story of success from baby steps into having a thriving business that did not fold up under this incompetent regime(despite the fact that some people I know in my line of business are out of business).

Dangote has a right to support whoever he wants and Nigerians have a right to boycott his products and patronize other brands. Nothing is cast in stone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Appointment Of Dangote & Otedola As APC Campaign Members: Nigerians React by Timatayo1: 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
They will failed together and put to shame together

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Released 21 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents, See Emotional Photos / Sunday Igboho Visits Guru Maharaji (Video) / #EndSARS Protester, Jane Practises With Her Prosthetic Leg Bought From Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.