Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

The Death/murder Of Cain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Death/murder Of Cain (324 Views)

Who Is The Wife Of Cain? / The Difference Between Abel's And Cain's Sacrifice / The Cain And Abel Nature In Every Human Being (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death/murder Of Cain by SKhanmi: 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
This was one of the areas that continually puzzled me after reading the Bible complete 3times as a kid. Who copy & paste for hia? No satisfactory answer by family or Pastor because they are also ignorant. At this point most folks bury their curiosity hastily like an exhumed aborted foetus. Haba! & ignore. Me?,I rechristened myself Thomas the young doubting Gee. We die here until i find am. Ekwensu oya remove your Mask.

Honestly,knowing your religion wella makes you a better informed xtian. You're more comfortable answering & countering critics with facts because you combined brain & faith while most so called xtians will only dodge critical questions to hemorrhage Bible verses they don't really understand like a parrot on LOUD. *Chastises hypocritical self*

If you end up like me. You understand the viewpoint of xtians & why many are on the defensive. Just plant a seed & bounce. Same for the xtians also. All these arguments back & forth on NL just tire person. Nobody will convince anybody. Na fact. The person who WANTS to find the truth will do so eventually with no help. And for the rest who don't have the courage to try & see from another angle. Don't condemn those that do. Nobody has a monopoly on truth. Heaven won't exist without hell.
Your Bible get editions die.

P:S No mention me to fight o. I stopped fancying online kung-fu ,midway, during an argument with one born again here. I just tire. Learn,Live & let's live mbok. Enjoy

I'll drop some more once in a while if I feel inclined to.
Re: The Death/murder Of Cain by JJOF(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
Pls, what re u trying to say, bcuz i got lost midway.

1 Like

Re: The Death/murder Of Cain by SKhanmi: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
Gen 4:23 Lamech said to his wives,

"Adah & Zillah,Listen to me; wives of lamech,hear my words.
I have killed a man for wounding me,
A young man for injuring me. If Cain is avenged 7 times then lamech 77times. This is the confusing Bible verse. No beginning, no ending.

Alternative Knowledge

Lineage
Adam>Seth>Enosh>Kenan>3 sons & 2 daughters " Ada & Zillah"

These 2 became the wives of Lemech,the son of Methuselah, the fifth of the generations of Cain.
Ada bore him 2 sons but Zillah her sister was barren until far off in her old age she bore a son whom she called "TUBAL-CAIN" Saying, "After I have grown old,Almighty God has granted me a son". Then she conceived again & bore a daughter. Okay 2.2 . Now the real story.

Now as Lemech grew old, His eyes grew very dim, and finally all sight was taken from them, and Tubal-Cain, his son ,led him by hand when he walked abroad.
And it came to pass,when Tubal-Cain was still quite young,that he lead his father into the fields to hunt, and he said to his father:
" Lo,yonder is a beast of prey,shoot thy arrow in that direction. "
Lemech did as his son had spoken,and the arrow struck CAIN,who was walking afar off,and killed him. THUS WAS CAIN'S BLOOD SHED EVEN AS HE HAD SHED THE BLOOD OF ABEL HIS BROTHER.
Now when Lemech & his son drew near & saw that instead of a beast of prey they had killed their progenitor Cain, Lemech trembled exceedingly & clapped his hands heavily together in surprise, grief, and fright. Being blind,he saw not his son, & struck the lad's head between his hands,killing him instantly. When his wives discovered what their husband had done they upbraided & despised him. And he spoke to them saying:
"Ada & Zillah,Listen to my voice! Oh,wives of Lemech, give ear unto my speech! I have slain a man to my hurt, a child to my wounding, but not in cruelty or with design. Ye know that I'm old & hoary,that my eyes are sightless; accidentally I did this thing to my own wounding & my own hurt."

Then his wives became reconciled to their husband, according to the advice of Adam,their father, but they bore no more children.

That is the complete verse. Now naturally, questions come to mind. Why was that part cut off? Who are those responsible? What purpose did they have in mind while presenting a book where parts have been bent or removed out of context ? Why? The answers to those questions are not too sacred to be found. Your choice
Re: The Death/murder Of Cain by JJOF(m): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2018
Abeg, 4 where u get dat part?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

True Christianity :an Undoubtable Concept / Why Do Catholic Church Use Crucifixes Since Jesus Has Risen? / Nigerians Mislead To Pray Against Buhari - Apostle ATB Blast Oyedepo, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.