Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Help Please!!!!! Toyota Camry Short Oil. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Please!!!!! Toyota Camry Short Oil. (9031 Views)

Help Please My corolla Car Smokes / Toyota Corolla 2000 Short Oil, Help / Why Nigerian Mechanic Can't Fix Engine That Smoke And Short Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Please!!!!! Toyota Camry Short Oil. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2019
Thanks house for your advises, I just discovered a leakage around the gear box area.
Re: Help Please!!!!! Toyota Camry Short Oil. by mejai(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2019
Grilovictor5:
Thanks house for your advises, I just discovered a leakage around the gear box area.
likely d crankshaft oil seal. ensure u get original cos it is not an easy fix.

remember, if it continues, top up occasionally and fire on. gudluck

1 Like

Re: Help Please!!!!! Toyota Camry Short Oil. by Prymestrr(m): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2022
homeboy205:

PLEAEE HOLD ON AND READ THIS BEFORE THINKING ABOUT RINGING

Do you know 2AZ-FE has something called PCV(Positive ventilation Valve) on the engine cover that draw out unused pressure caused by oil pump in the engine The pressure is transferred to your intake box and contribute to air and fuel mixture in other to attain optimal performance...

This is the case

It is really a cheap fix... Note: the valve will always go faulty in two ways. It might be faulty in open loop, or faulty in close loop... if faulty in open loop it will allows oil from your engine to escape through the valve to the intake box whereas it burnt off as air and fuel mixture in the combustion.. If faulty in closed loop it will throw a misfire error code but in your case let’s assume it’s faulty in open loop...

This has happened to my Toyota Camry 2002 2AZ-FE before and I fixed it myself, it was faulty in open loop and I was losing oil no leak but I was sure it was not my piston ring cos I just had it rebuilt 2 months prior. On checking it the spring in the valve has broken so oil is always sucked from there. I just went to Gate spare part and bought another for #1000... 22’ Ring spanner that needed in losing it... came home and fixed it myself.. voila it fixes no more oil shortage.

The valve is at the back of the engine on the engine cover there is a hose that go all the way to your intake on top....

Please and please give this a try before thinking about anything it’s a really cheap fix

Good morning chief. Please I need your assistance. I'm having this same issue with my Camry 2005. Can I contact you privately please for proper guidance with regards to your explanation? I'll really appreciate please.
Re: Help Please!!!!! Toyota Camry Short Oil. by Prymestrr(m): 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
homeboy205:

PLEAEE HOLD ON AND READ THIS BEFORE THINKING ABOUT RINGING

Do you know 2AZ-FE has something called PCV(Positive ventilation Valve) on the engine cover that draw out unused pressure caused by oil pump in the engine The pressure is transferred to your intake box and contribute to air and fuel mixture in other to attain optimal performance...

This is the case

It is really a cheap fix... Note: the valve will always go faulty in two ways. It might be faulty in open loop, or faulty in close loop... if faulty in open loop it will allows oil from your engine to escape through the valve to the intake box whereas it burnt off as air and fuel mixture in the combustion.. If faulty in closed loop it will throw a misfire error code but in your case let’s assume it’s faulty in open loop...

This has happened to my Toyota Camry 2002 2AZ-FE before and I fixed it myself, it was faulty in open loop and I was losing oil no leak but I was sure it was not my piston ring cos I just had it rebuilt 2 months prior. On checking it the spring in the valve has broken so oil is always sucked from there. I just went to Gate spare part and bought another for #1000... 22’ Ring spanner that needed in losing it... came home and fixed it myself.. voila it fixes no more oil shortage.

The valve is at the back of the engine on the engine cover there is a hose that go all the way to your intake on top....

Please and please give this a try before thinking about anything it’s a really cheap fix

Bros how far na... I've sent you several PMs but no response. Please I need your assistance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Don't Nigerian Drivers Pay Attention To Zebra Crossing?? / All About Davido’s Father: Cars, Houses, Private Jet, Net Worth And Rare Facts / Traffic Offences In Lagos State According To Lastma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.