Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling (14760 Views)

Music: Nas - It Ain't Hard To Tell (dlyricist's Nigerian Mix) / J. Appiah Ft Flourent Malouda - I Ain't Rich Yet (video) / Chris Brown - She Ain't You (what Mj Song Does He Sample) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2010
iice:

una don come again tongue

"I nefa come again, I stilly dey far away" - Fela ("Unknown Soldier"wink grin grin grin

How's you??
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by eldee(m): 11:56am On Aug 17, 2010
Bamsyle.:

What's Lil Wayne gotta do with your supposedly existing mental faculties??

grin grin grin

I may kid, laugh, joke, play around with your brain (if you've got one) . . . fact is Bamsyle can never be as silly as Eldee . . . hell naw . . . a tyke who sits by his TV all day watching CNN to become intelligent or waiting for 2pac to appear on E!  grin grin grin grin grin grin

That place where I get knowledge . . . they have a fancy word for it 'school' what I do with CNN is called 'staying in touch with recent happenings'. . . you need to start getting these things right.

Could you please break into one of those you 'sex enslaves' sermons again?? It's fun to watch.
Actually, I really wanna see another wiki-based dissertation . . . I missed them. grin grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Redman44(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2010
The Music Industry has been hijacked by executives who are only interested in profit. We don't have many highly gifted artists around these days. So music videos are used as the vehicle to push record sales. Since the cabal running the show knows sex and the creative display of the female body sells, they feature scantily dressed ladies in the videos. Have you observed that almost all the female music 'stars' shocked shocked shocked  dress sexily and reveal so much flesh in their videos? We need to read between the lines to discover why the Music Industry is in such a big mess right now. Why is it that the music coming out of America these days does not make much sense? The United States of America is the Mirror of the world. So the Illuminati [ the Satanic cult that is influencing the world ] has taken the sense out of the music coming out of the States in a bid to make the world follow suit. Real Hip-Hop died with Tupac and Real R&B has not been around due to the absence of Lauryn Hill from the music scene.

All hope is not lost yet. There are still some great musicians around and their videos are clean and very inspiring. You need to search for these gifted artistes yourself. MTV and BET have sold out to the Illuminati, so you will only be seeing raunchy videos on your screen. Turn to YOUTUBE and the personal websites of artistes for great videos. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2010
eldee:

That place where I get knowledge . . . they have a fancy word for it 'school' what I do with CNN is called 'staying in touch with recent happenings'. . . you need to start getting these things right.

That[b]'s[/b] the place where you get knowledge (edited to bear a semblance of English Language  grin grin grin) . . . aiight, stay there . . . why?? Bamsyle is cool with it  grin grin grin

Could you please break into one of those you 'sex enslaves' sermons again?? It's fun to watch.

Aiight, I'll get T.D Jakes to preach it . . . on CNN . . .  grin grin grin

But wait a minute, ain't you the only one laughing in here??  grin grin grin

Actually, I really wanna see another wiki-based dissertation . . . I missed them. grin grin

Aiight I will . . . but letz do trade by barter . . . please send me CNN's clip of Archimedes postulating the laws of density . . . I need to get some knowledge  grin grin grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
Redman44:

The Music Industry has been hijacked by executives who are only interested in profit. We don't have many highly gifted artists around these days. So music videos are used as the vehicle to push record sales. Since the cabal running the show knows sex and the creative display of the female body sells, they feature scantily dressed ladies in the videos.

All you need is one mic . . . to holler this gospel truth.
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by eldee(m): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
Bamsyle.:

That[b]'s[/b] the place where you get knowledge (edited to bear a semblance of English Language  grin grin grin) . . . aiight, stay there . . . why?? Bamsyle is cool with it  grin grin grin
That place over there is called a school.
That boy over there is a dunce. . . his name is Bamsyle.

Stop making a fool of yourself, you make people like Ofoka sound smart . . . that thing you do when you have nothing else to say, is seen as you clutching straws.

When someone cares more about how you say sumn, rather than what you say, you just won yourself a debate.

Bamsyle.:

Aiight, I'll get T.D Jakes to preach it . . . on CNN . . .  grin grin grin

But wait a minute, ain't you the only one laughing in here??  grin grin grin

Aiight I will . . . but letz do trade by barter . . . please send me CNN's clip of Archimedes postulating the laws of density . . . I need to get some knowledge  grin grin grin

You're boring me already . . .  undecided undecided
Niggas stuck with bullshit . . . I've gotta keep it moving.

Now Playing On To The Next One - Jay-Z
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
eldee:

That place over there is called a school.
That boy over there is a dunce. . . his name is Bamsyle.

Semantics . . . tongue

Ok, letz play the game:

"That shrink over there is Eldee . . . his surname is Dimwit"

Stop making a fool of yourself, you make people like Ofoka sound smart . . . that thing you do when you have nothing else to say, is seen as you clutching straws.

You're a noodle Eldee . . . that's why folks like Ofoka love to thump ya thick head everytime you go asinine . . . as you always will . . .  tongue

Me clutching at straws?? Read thru ma posts all over again and tell me if I haven't consistently been stating what your demons are preventing you from hearing - that you don't need raunchy vids to promote a good song.

You need to consult TB Joshua.

When someone cares more about how you say sumn, rather than what you say, you just won yourself a debate.

No need contracting asphyxia here . . . you said your piece, I did mine . . . if you have a superior argument, spill it . . . if you don't, tape that canal you call a mouth . . .  tongue

You're boring me already . . .  undecided undecided
Niggas stuck with bullshit . . . I've gotta keep it moving.

You're not even sure whether you're bored or not . . .  grin grin

On my part I ain't bored, I'm enjoying every bit of your silly posts . . .

Go get a job mahn . . . Biggie said it - Ya brain is a terrible thang to waste.

Now Playing On To The Next One - Jay-Z

Now playing "Another One Bites The Dust"  - Queen.
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by aktunde(m): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
I can see some people are using Fela as an excuse here.

No doubt, Fela was great and talented. However, this is what I am saying. Fela would have made a lot of sales in his albums even if he didn't produce the videos. The reason is that he has the message and his songs appeal to lots of Nigerians who are poor, oppressed and denied of their basic needs. And of course, these oppressed or poor people take the largest population in Nigeria. So, why are you surprised his fan based is so high? If I may ask; How many people even have the original videos of Fela? It's either you have been to his live performance before or you get the pirated copies on the streets. You do not need to watch Fela's videos to fall in love with is music (that's if you want to fall in love anyways). All you just need is to understand pidgin English, and listen to what he is saying, and that's all! His messages have the greatest impact on his fans and not the videos! which is the other way round with the bunch of lazy musicians and producers we now have all over.

I am not saying Fela didn't parade half unclothed girls on the stage. What we should compare here are the intentions of Fela and those of the lazy musicians we now have. I assume that Fela's intention was totally different and that is why Fela should never be compared to any of the copy-cats we have all over. I assume that Fela's intention was to pass a message to the masses. He consoled them, and speak for them when no one had the guts to confront our leaders. Who would not like such a brave man? Yes he paraded girls like that, but I have a strong believe that his messages have a stronger impact in the masses than his videos which a larger number of his fans don't even have.

So, does it make sense to compare Fela who was more or less a human right activist, whose intention was to speak up when others were cowardly, who didn't care if you liked him or not, who didn't care if you buy his albums or not [/b]with other musicians [b]whose intentions is to make sales at all cost by merely parading unclothed girls with poor lyrics, poor melody, worthless messages or at worst no message at all?

Habba!
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2010
@aktunde

Exactly what I'm tryna tell a self-conceited pundit in here . . .

Fela's intention was to parade women dressed as core (almost rural) Africans . . . we all know Fela and 'Africanism' get along like a house on fire . . .

Fela never released vids for his songs . . . he had a single apparatus - a stage, women, instrumentalists, and himself . . . it was stamped on his stage . . . it was part of his band . . . it's like going to see a stage show without a band . . . and s[/i]e[i]x wasn't even his central theme . . .

Even with 'em women, you can never miss the heavy lyrical content of his songs . . . Fela might have women on stage dancing for him . . . but he did not sell music through sex . . . that's different from someone who sings rubbish and decides to promote/sell it through obscenity.

How can such an icon be compared with Obesere and his bevy of sex-themed characters??
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by iice(f): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2010
Bamsyle.:

"I nefa come again, I stilly dey far away" - Fela ("Unknown Soldier"wink  grin grin grin

How's you??

Shusssh tongue
The usual with me. . .you know grin  U's?
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
iice:

Shusssh tongue
The usual with me. . .you know grin U's?

Ok . . . lipsrsealed grin

Haha, I know . . . key words - cast, straight, and stone . . . you's always . . . erm . . . you grin

Me?? I'm here . . . grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by iice(f): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
Give me enough vicodin and i might change into you for a day tongue
Been cruising to old school Outkast lately

Yeah i noticed. . .oh well continue the music fight.  Na una sabi cheesy
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2010
iice:

[Give me enough vicodin and i might change into you for a day tongue

shocked

How can an immortal like you change into a mere mortal like me??

You's from the Moon . . . humble me's from Earth . . .  grin

Been cruising to old school Outkast lately

Wow . . . great - Andre's a man I love to see and hear . . .  grin

Yeah i noticed. . .oh well continue the music fight.  Na una sabi cheesy

Well, can't help it when nuccas act like they know . . .  smiley
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2010
[size=3pt]Phew! The color thingy got me sweating . . .  grin grin[/size]
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by iice(f): 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
I go beat you ooo angry grin
Anyway. . .na the usual meteor runs tongue

Yeah, one of my favorite nutjobs grin

Hehehehe grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2010
iice:

Hehehehe grin

Please . . . I don't wanna be beaten by an inter-galactic being . . .  grin

Yeah, fare fly well . . .  grin

[size=3pt]Hmn, I respek you ooo . . . grin

grin grin grin[/size]
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by obi123: 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2010
Lack of creativity
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kabukabu(m): 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2010
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kabukabu(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6COxDKkGU&feature=related

More soukous dancers.

someone tell me difference here between that and,
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kabukabu(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_B3A8PF84

this, Usher-love in this club.

Haters always gonna hate grin grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kabukabu(m): 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2010
This

Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kabukabu(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
vs this

Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kabukabu(m): 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2010
video models

Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by seyibrown(f): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2010
It's clear for all to see what the ever ebbing hairline of morals is doing in our societies! 12 year olds getting contraceptives, increase in unwanted pregnancies and abortions, STDs, abandoned babies, emotionally damaged human beings etc. Why not? When all they see on the telly and billboards and hear on radio is s. . e. .x s. . e. . x and s. . e. . x from birth!
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kobikwelu(m): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
abeg spare me your hypocritical crap

IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN, translation, if you dont like it change the tv channel, its why the tv remote was invented
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kobikwelu(m): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
and it the same people criticizing their (oyibo)culture that would give an arm to travel to the same white man's land where "all these evil originated"

hypocrites angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by eldee(m): 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2010
Bamsyle.:

Semantics . . . tongue

Ok, letz play the game:

"That shrink over there is Eldee . . . his surname is Dimwit"

Hehehe . . . this just gets even more hilarious. grin grin
Oh . . . you see how stupid you sound now?? Weren't you saying that structure of that sentence had no semblance to English??
I don't blame you, I blame the idiot that forgot to waste you on a B.J.

Bamsyle.:

You're a noodle Eldee . . . that's why folks like Ofoka love to thump ya thick head everytime you go asinine . . . as you always will . . .  tongue

Me clutching at straws?? Read thru ma posts all over again and tell me if I haven't consistently been stating what your demons are preventing you from hearing - that you don't need raunchy vids to promote a good song.

You need to consult TB Joshua.

No need contracting asphyxia here . . . you said your piece, I did mine . . . if you have a superior argument, spill it . . . if you don't, tape that canal you call a mouth . . .  tongue

Your point?? 'Fela put the women by the side, so it's okay'?? Or 'Erm . . . I want a raunchy video once in a while' . . .
I used to think Ofoka was clueless, and then you came along. . . Obo langido.

Bamsyle.:

You're not even sure whether you're bored or not . . .  grin grin

Idiocy gets boring after a while . . . ask your mum.

Bamsyle.:

Now playing "Another One Bites The Dust"  - Queen.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. cheesy cheesy
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by eldee(m): 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2010
iice:

Hehehehe grin

Iice could you please stop going off-topic in my section?? grin grin grin wink

kobikwelu:

abeg spare me your hypocritical crap

IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN, translation, if you dont like it change the tv channel, its why the tv remote was invented

grin grin grin grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2010
eldee:

Hehehe . . . this just gets even more hilarious. grin grin
Oh . . . you see how silly you sound now?? Weren't you saying that structure of that sentence had no semblance to English??
I don't blame you, I blame the that forgot to waste you on a B.J.

I knew this blockhead would be back . . . I always know where to hit him - where he hurts most . . . grin grin grin

Who's clutching at straws now?? cheesy

Who do I blame?? Your irresponsible pops that should've used a condom or your moms who should've swallowed you with a bottle of local gin?? grin grin grin

Your point?? 'Fela put the women by the side, so it's okay'?? Or 'Erm . . . I want a raunchy video once in a while' . . .
I used to think Ofoka was clueless, and then you came along. . . Obo langido.

Shush . . .

Something smells in here and it's gotta be your mouth . . . you just can't keep Ofoka outta that slimy canal you call a mouth . . . that dude, at the height of his alleged idiocy, has more horse sense than you do . . .

Common sense is as far from you as heaven is from the earth - who says Fela kept anyone by the side?? You're a woodcock . . . grin grin grin

Idiocy gets boring after a while . . . ask my mum.

I just asked your mom . . . yes she confirmed it grin grin grin

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. cheesy cheesy

Featherbrain . . .

It's called Inversion . . . it's simple logic . . . but as usual it evades you . . . grin grin grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2010
eldee:

Iice could you please stop going off-topic in my section?? grin grin grin wink

grin grin grin grin

This screwball needs a wheelbarrow to push his imaginary weight around here . . . grin grin grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2010
I have seen Fela on live shows with bare breated women and him doing motions like Humping some of the women. What message is this trying to pass across.

If anyone understands yoruba here, I would give you some lyrics and Music of Sunny Ade that are equally as bad as Obesere but were realeased in the 60-70's.

One of Sunny Ades Lyrics was What do you Di-saya, what do you Has-under, sweet banana sweet banana and our parents danced to this, Nowadays they now say Music of now are bad but never saw anything wrong with Sunny Ades song or Felas naked women

My point is No be today e don tay wey nyash don dey for back
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by tpiah: 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^those lyrics are very tame and not to be compared to obesere.

if he'd said something like "sweet p***nis" or "sweet ______" then that's different.

at least only grown/matured minds [as opposed to little kids] would know a sweet banana wasnt referring to actual fruit.

hope you get my meaning?

i myself know this song but never knew that's what the lyrics were until now.

my dad was into sunny ade.

i'll read through the whole thread later but going by BET, i agree with the title.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Inspired You To Use That Song As Your Ringtone? / What Music Lyrics Motivates Or Inspires You Daily? / Davido Has Performed In More Countries Than Any African Artiste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.