Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling (14761 Views)

Music: Nas - It Ain't Hard To Tell (dlyricist's Nigerian Mix) / J. Appiah Ft Flourent Malouda - I Ain't Rich Yet (video) / Chris Brown - She Ain't You (what Mj Song Does He Sample) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2010
have you heard Oni tibi bami lalejo - Ki je iyan, ki je iresi afi omi oojo, Tale oni a yato, ti idaji ko ni seko ka jo ma ya ata

Ebenezer Obeys: Ina lo wa fon Abebi?
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by tpiah: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^but these lyrics are cloaked and not openly vulgar, which is my point.

the first would seem to be talking about food and the second is anybody's guess.
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by A40(m): 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2010
Bamsyle.:

You've got to be a well-respected oracle in your village . . .

Exactly what I've been tryna tell dudes like A-40 and Eldee in here . . . A-40's saying the message in "One Mic" couldn't have been promoted through a raunchy vid . . . says who?? At times even adverts about cars contain half unclothed ladies touched up to look like cars . . . pray, tell me - what's the relationship between a car and a semi-unclothed chick??

And A-40 even missed the point I was tryna make - once in a while, an artiste can make a song about s[/i]e[i]x . . . it's one of the issues of our everyday lives so why not?? But when an artiste is predominantly known for lewd lyrics and raunchy vids, it becomes an issue for concern . . . such artistes have nutin to offer and use 'em dirty vids to make up for their inadequacies . . .

And what's with folks who keep using Fela to make cheap excuses?? Keep his revered name outta ya sleazy mouths abeg . . . when I think of Fela, the first thang that pops up in my mind are the strong political themes in his music . . . for every "Na Poi", there are 10 socio-political songs from the icon such as "Shuffering and Smiling", "Sorrow Tears and Blood", "Original Suffer Head", "No Agreement", "Authority Stealing", "Water No Get Enemy", "Army Arrangement", "Palava", "Zombie", and "Teacher Don't Teach Me Nonsense" . . . need I flood this space with socially conscious stuff from Femi Kuti??

Such an icon should not be paired with a he-goat like Obesere!
Dude how would it have looked if "One Mic" had half-naked chics shaking their rump and what not?? On the other hand Nelly would have looked mad if he did a song titled "Tip Drill" with no broads tip-drilling or Terry G singing "Gbon Gbon Gbon" and no one was shaking

Cars are an expression of style heck its even a bait these days to get girls so incorporating nude chics in car ads are not as off the mark as you think

I think human beings are an hypocritical bunch!! There is a reason prostitution is the oldest profession in the world so all this hue and cry about artistes with lewd lyrics is an exercise in futility if you ask me. So long as there is a market for 3ex people would sing about it! Why do you muchachos find that so hard to understand?
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Exponental(m): 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2010
It seems the society is flowing with the so called CIVILIZATION.

[b]A woman is not unclothed until u see her bobi or pubic hair[/b]

MADNESS!
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by googles: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2010
A-40:

Dude how would it have looked if "One Mic" had half-unclothed chics shaking their rump and what not?? On the other hand Nelly would have looked mad if he did a song titled "Tip Drill" with no broads tip-drilling or Terry G singing "Gbon Gbon Gbon" and no one was shaking

Cars are an expression of style heck its even a bait these days to get girls so incorporating unclothed chics in car ads are not as off the mark as you think

I think human beings are an hypocritical bunch!! There is a reason prostitution is the oldest profession in the world so all this hue and cry about artistes with lewd lyrics is an exercise in futility if you ask me. So long as there is a market for 3ex people would sing about it! Why do you muchachos find that so hard to understand?

therez no better way to say it
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by oyinda3(f): 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2010
una no serious at all
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2010
A-40:

Dude how would it have looked if "One Mic" had half-unclothed chics shaking their rump and what not?? On the other hand Nelly would have looked mad if he did a song titled "Tip Drill" with no broads tip-drilling or Terry G singing "Gbon Gbon Gbon" and no one was shaking

Cars are an expression of style heck its even a bait these days to get girls so incorporating unclothed chics in car ads are not as off the mark as you think

A-40, this debate can go back 'n' forth . . . but letz get the point here . . . Note what the OP said in his original post:

". . . won't the music videos sell without these semi-unclothed A*s gyrating girls?"

No one is being hypocritical or sanctimonious here . . . if these sex-themed artistes can make a hit and move great units - just with their audio release only . . . believe me we won't be having this debate.

If we dig deep into the archives, I'm sure even the hallowed names of every genre of music have subliminally referred to sex in their lyrics . . . but it would've become a problem if you ran a scan on their lyrics and overall talent . . . and discovered that these artistes relied predominantly on their raw themes and vids to sell . . . that's the point.
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by makajibbz(m): 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2010
oyinda.:

una no serious at all
is that yur sensible opinion. ?

wow, u r really sensible undecided
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by oyinda3(f): 1:28am On Aug 18, 2010
^ lol thanks i try cheesy embarassed
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by oyinda3(f): 1:32am On Aug 18, 2010
anyways, to me, at least in naija's case, i think it's because youth have more and more access to power and rights. that's not a bad thing. but stuff like these are a side effect. lol

see ghanian films for example, average age of actress is maybe 20s even crewmember and all involved in the films are young adults. so of course the ghanian films are filled with senseless plot and lots of raunchiness.
same with nollywood to an extent but there are more adults and elderly ppl in nollywood to keep things a bit clean.
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by chika98: 1:36am On Aug 18, 2010
There is nothing wrong with sexual connotations. It is our duty to make sure the young kids aren't watching such things
and young adults are taught se.x education as well.

As long as it isn't trashy then it is all good. Ms Endowed to bad o! grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by ceasyc(f): 2:40am On Aug 18, 2010
@topic
i tire 4 dem oh
western world - almost n.a.ked n shaking their  lipsrsealed in videos
sum 9jans - copying d same tin
na Indians even baffle me pass, gone r d days wey dem
dey wear cloth from head, neck shoulder 2 toe but nowadays dem wan n.a.k.ed finish
their tops r getting skimpier n skimpier  - looking more like bras than tops
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by kabukabu(m): 5:19am On Aug 18, 2010
ceasyc:

@topic
i tire 4 dem oh
western world - almost n.a.ked n shaking their lipsrsealed in videos
sum 9jans - copying d same tin
na Indians even baffle me pass, gone r d days wey dem
dey wear cloth from head, neck shoulder 2 toe but nowadays dem wan unclothed finish
their tops r getting skimpier n skimpier - looking more like bras than tops

I guess you can always change the channel,neanderthal, because the whole world is leaving you behind.Perhaps you can go live with the Taliban,they keep their women covered up. grin grin grin grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by awa17(f): 9:05am On Aug 18, 2010
Im glad majority of protesters are guys, its about time. what i have observed is that for every party, movie or wherever, you never see guys dressed half naked, granted they dont have much to flaunt, but nonetheless!
Also the girls feel very insecure about their natural endowments and feel the only way they can tell you they are truly beautiful is by bowing down to the god of this world called "fashion/Beauty". its sad, and unfortunate!
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by lekside44(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2010
chika98:

There is nothing wrong with sexual connotations. It is our duty to make sure the young kids aren't watching such things
and young adults are taught se.x education as well.

As long as it isn't trashy then it is all good. Ms Endowed to bad o! grin
there is no way you can control children from not watching. they do not need to seek yor consent when you are not around them to watch such videos.
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by lekside44(m): 10:41am On Aug 18, 2010
these crazy video stuff all started in the late 80s from the musical videos of 2 live crew. the musical video was banned in america. from that time upward,
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by UyiIredia(m): 11:40am On Aug 18, 2010
yeah >>> sex sells >>> that's why prostitution has, is & will be >>> that's why we have raunchy music videos  undecided undecided
but the fact is some of the best music videos in & outside of Nigeria aren't raunchy >>>

my point >>> music videos can be pure & still be appreciated cool
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by eldee(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2010
A-40:

That's a good way to put it . . . people come here to say putting it in a way is 'vulgar'.
There is a market for 3ex and there is one for 'learning from music', there is a market for bragging bout wealth and there is one for the R'n'B guys.

3ex just happens to be the most successful and the boldest of them all right now, hence the constant criticism.
As Jay-Z would say . . . 'I let you do you, why you wanna ride my ish' . . .
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by eldee(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2010
Bamsyle.:

I knew this blockhead would be back . . . I always know where to hit him - where he hurts most . . . grin grin grin

Who's clutching at straws now?? cheesy
Evading the question . . . nothing of note said.

Bamsyle.:

Who do I blame?? Your irresponsible pops that should've used a condom or your moms who should've swallowed you with a bottle of local gin?? grin grin grin

Ode oshi . . . I didn't ask you who to blame, I told you who I blamed for the state of your life.
I know your parents will start trying to blame the educational institutions in Nigeria . . . grin grin

Bamsyle.:
Something smells in here and it's gotta be your mouth . . . you just can't keep Ofoka outta that slimy canal you call a mouth . . . that dude, at the height of his alleged idiocy, has more horse sense than you do . . .

Common sense is as far from you as heaven is from the earth - who says Fela kept anyone by the side?? You're a woodcock . . . grin grin grin

I just asked your mom . . . yes she confirmed it grin grin grin

Featherbrain . . .

It's called Inversion . . . it's simple logic . . . but as usual it evades you . . . grin grin grin

Still makes no sense . . . as expected.

It's funny how the only thing you've done in this post is repeat what I said in my previous posts without making any sense.
Oh yeah . . . it's 'inversion'.
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by A40(m): 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
googles:

therez no better way to say it

Gracias cheesy wink

Bamsyle.:

A-40, this debate can go back 'n' forth . . . but letz get the point here . . . Note what the OP said in his original post:

". . . won't the music videos sell without these semi-unclothed A*s gyrating girls?"

No one is being hypocritical or sanctimonious here . . . if these sex-themed artistes can make a hit and move great units - just with their audio release only . . . believe me we won't be having this debate.

If we dig deep into the archives, I'm sure even the hallowed names of every genre of music have subliminally referred to sex in their lyrics . . . but it would've become a problem if you ran a scan on their lyrics and overall talent . . . and discovered that these artistes relied predominantly on their raw themes and vids to sell . . . that's the point.
Its not about it selling or not its just simple logic!! If Y.Q sings emi o le so mo ti o fine then damnit we need to see fine girls in the video. Whether you like it or not Bamsyle humans are sexual by nature and people like Nikki Minaj (The girl can actually rap when she wants to i don't know why people are fronting on her) and Lady Gaga have proven that. Music like any other business is all about evolution and as time goes on things would take their natural course and artistes that can't adapt or are too monotonous would get extinct. You don't even always have to watch their videos you could always change the channel
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by googles: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2010
A-40:

Gracias cheesy wink
[b]Its not about it selling or not its just simple logic!! If Y.Q sings emi o le so mo ti o fine then damnit we need to see fine girls in the video[/b]. Whether you like it or not Bamsyle humans are sexual by nature and people like Nikki Minaj (The girl can actually rap when she wants to i don't know why people are fronting on her) and Lady Gaga have proven that. Music like any other business is all about evolution and as time goes on things would take their natural course and artistes that can't adapt or are too monotonous would get extinct. You don't even always have to watch their videos you could always change the channel

you are way too smart for your own good mehn cheesy cheesy

its like singing booty call wiv no booties
cheesy
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by eldee(m): 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
@Googles

I want you to star in my raunchy music video . . . no singing, just background music. wink wink
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Tokotaya: 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2010
It has reached a stage when a full-blooded man cannot watch music video on TV for a stretch of 5 mins without sustaining an erection. Sad how we are progressing- or regressing?
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
eldee:

Evading the question . . . nothing of note said.

Retard . . . I'll like you to point out what you just said . . . undecided

Ode oshi . . . I didn't ask you who to blame, I told you who I blamed for the state of your life.
I know your parents will start trying to blame the educational institutions in Nigeria . . . grin grin

Speak Anglais Tomfool . . . and I'm reiterating that between ya irresponsible father and ya slutty mom - I don't know who to blame for bringing such a poor excuse of a son to the world . . . grin grin grin

Still makes no sense . . . as expected.

Makes no sense to a schlep like you . . . you traded all ya brain cells for 2 pesewas.

It's funny how the only thing you've done in this post is repeat what I said in my previous posts without making any sense.
Oh yeah . . . it's 'inversion'.

I'm trying to add some pep to your already deflated self-esteem in this section . . . that's why my 'imitation' flatters you so much . . . tongue

In the rungs of society's ladder, you're what they call "scum-of-the-earth".
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by googles: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
eldee:

@Googles

I want you to star in my raunchy music video . . . no singing, just background music. wink wink

anytime El. . . . and i shake it well y'know   cheesy
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by A40(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2010
Tokotaya:

It has reached a stage when a full-blooded man cannot watch music video on TV for a stretch of 5 mins without sustaining an erection. Sad how we are progressing- or regressing?
Fantastic! Now you are blaming the artiste for your inability to control your erection. You better thank God you don't have to buy pills to get one grin grin

googles:

anytime El. . . . and i shake it well y'know   cheesy
Any youtube evidence??
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2010
A-40:

Its not about it selling or not its just simple logic!! If Y.Q sings emi o le so mo ti o fine then damnit we need to see fine girls in the video. Whether you like it or not Bamsyle humans are sexual by nature and people like Nikki Minaj (The girl can actually rap when she wants to i don't know why people are fronting on her) and Lady Gaga have proven that. Music like any other business is all about evolution and as time goes on things would take their natural course and artistes that can't adapt or are too monotonous would get extinct. You don't even always have to watch their videos you could always change the channel

You know what?? Even if I don't agree with you 100% (I'm about 82% or sumn), I'll still give you kudos for one thang - you debate objectively . . . no egoistic attitude, and I'm yet to see you spewing prattle on this section or anywhere else.

You seem to be missing ma point - the OP is talking about folks who lack talent . . . but make up for it by promoting their songs with sexual imagery and themes (especially through vids) . . . one thang I've consistently stated here - I'm not being hypocritical 'bout anything . . . I'm sure all the folks who've taken a -ve stance against the subject here have healthy libidos . . . we're just saying one thang - be creative, hone ya skills, emphasize on your talent to sell records . . . such that even if you do release raunchy vids, it won't be the sexy content that promotes ya stuff but your talent.

I don't think there's anything difficult to understand in that, A-40.  smiley
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by Bamsyle2(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2010
Tokotaya:

It has reached a stage when a full-blooded man cannot watch music video on TV for a stretch of 5 mins without sustaining an erection.

grin grin grin

Sad how we are progressing- or regressing?

We are . . . erm . . . erecting . . . grin grin
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by googles: 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2010
A-40:

Fantastic! Now you are blaming the artiste for your inability to control your erection. You better thank God you don't have to buy pills to get one  grin grin
Any youtube evidence??

Nah. . . . . Am waiting to make my debut on Eldee's vid

but judging from my rehearsals i know i shake it well. . . .so we are so going to sell
cheesy
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by eldee(m): 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
googles:

but judging from my rehearsals i know i shake it well. . . .so we are so going to sell
cheesy

We're not going to do it to sell . . . we will send a socio-political message.
Making out with hot girls is one of my talents and you're good at erm . . . being hot, so we'll be stars for emphasizing out talents. wink wink
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by A40(m): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2010
Bamsyle.:

You know what?? Even if I don't agree with you 100% (I'm about 82% or sumn), I'll still give you kudos for one thang - you debate objectively . . . no egoistic attitude, and I'm yet to see you spewing prattle on this section or anywhere else.

You seem to be missing ma point - the OP is talking about folks who lack talent . . . but make up for it by promoting their songs with sexual imagery and themes (especially through vids) . . . one thang I've consistently stated here - I'm not being hypocritical 'bout anything . . . I'm sure all the folks who've taken a -ve stance against the subject here have healthy libidos . . . we're just saying one thang - be creative, hone ya skills, emphasize on your talent to sell records . . . such that even if you do release raunchy vids, it won't be the sexy content that promotes ya stuff but your talent.

I don't think there's anything difficult to understand in that, A-40.  smiley
I'd say like one of my late Uncle's old books "The country is hard" Lol i used to be just like y'all but when i realized that these guys are just tryna make a living by exploiting one of man's most basic need and instinct i just let it all slide. There are quacks everywhere in just about all spheres of life. My point is these people even with their lack of talent have an audience cos if they didn't they wouldn't be singing and lets face it most of these guys are a product of their environment they are basically singing about what goes on in the real world anyways

googles:

cheesy
Haba as your biggest fan i should get a sneak peek nau. A lil sumn sumn won't hurt
Re: If It Ain't Shaking, It Ain't Selling by googles: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
eldee:

We're not going to do it to sell . . . we will send a socio-political message.
Making out with hot girls is one of my talents and you're good at erm . . . being hot, so we'll be stars for emphasizing out talents. wink wink

lolzzz as long as am doing booty shakes. . . am down

A-40:

Haba as your biggest fan i should get a sneak peek nau. A lil sumn sumn won't hurt

as soon as we shoot i ll show u. . . you ll be the first to see cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Inspired You To Use That Song As Your Ringtone? / What Music Lyrics Motivates Or Inspires You Daily? / Davido Has Performed In More Countries Than Any African Artiste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.