Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain (14776 Views)

Presidential Election Won’t Determine Winner Of Imo Gov Poll – Uzodimma (Video) / Omisore, Omoworare May Determine Winner Of Osun Rerun Election / Ekiti Election: PDP Nwc Gets Hard Facts, Reconfirms That INEC Doctored Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by enemyofprogress: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
obembet:

I be small pikin wey dey wear pant. Asewo
I like girls wey no dey wear pant. It makes the job easier and easily accessible
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Halo22: 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
On 2019 election, my analysis goes thus; Northeast.…..... Buhari 40%. Atiku 60%. Northwest........Buhari 70%. Atiku 30%. North Central.....Buhari 30% Atiku 70%. Southeast........... Buhari 15% Atiku 85%. Southwest...........Buhari 50%. Atiku 50%. South South........ Buhari 25%. Atiku 75%. Save this in your savings account and refer to it after February next year.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Unik3030:
u make sense bro, he made a wrong choice of v. p. he knew fully well that igbos hate buhari as a result of python dance n south south will never vote buhari cos of how he destroyed Jonathan's government meaning south east n south south are locked down for him. he out to pick Yoruba VP so as to share south west vote d same way they will share north votes. but now both contestants are seen through tribal lens which means an average Yoruba man will support buhari based on Yoruba VP n same way an igbo man will support atiku. n south west voters outnumbered south east voters so atiku played a wrong card

AllenSpencer:

When God wants to deal with someone, he takes away his senses and that of those close to him

Atiku went to the place he already had their votes to pick a Vice which was a deadly and unforgivable mistake

The South-East had no where to run to aside voting Atiku, Atiku would have used that slot to break the South-West or Middle-Belt but unfortunately, he thought he was making a strategic move.

He also forgot the political play of Nigerian electorates

He already shot himself in the leg and is irredeemable

This is what i have patiently explained to Igbos.

It is extremely obvious that majority of Igbos hate Buhari....

All Atiku had to do was select a "very" Yoruba VP, maybe even a Pastor, put Igbos prominently on his campaign team....make false promises he might or not keep e.g. Senate President or SGF etc....

Yet he messed it up!

Unik3030.... i like that analysis you put up, in a few simple moves he would have had 70-80% of the whole South behind him and then had to battle it in the North West & ,North East with Buhari

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Bede2u(m): 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
Unik3030:
we play amala politics n we have electoral value, u people play politics of hate with your 5% n u are nowhere to b found. I don't like buhari but I will vote him so he can punish the children of hate more. make buhari enter n u go know say python dance Na part 1
i said it....amala narrative
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by kotv: 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2018
The only people that says and believe this are southwesterners. In 2015, SS had more votes than SW but you rarely hear us making this level of noise. Just disturbing the public with nusiance

2 Likes

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Smartwave: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
Richdad50:

I never mentioned the Southeast but the entire south with the exception of West. However, your little mind finds it hard to contain your deepest racism. There is a reason why it is called Southwest because it borders neighbours who share thesame idea and way of life.

#Richdad
come out clean, everybody knows where you're heading to, I'm just making it clear to you that southwest never fear political isolation, will don't need alliance, alliance look for us. - Alliance dey rush us. Lolz.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Smartwave: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
kotv:
The only people that says and believe this are southwesterners. In 2015, SS had more votes than SW but you rarely hear us making this level of noise. Just disturbing the public with nusiance
south south have vote than southwest Alright.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Dedetwo(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
akinhanger:

A Chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos, Otunba Segun Adewale has posited that South West region of the country will determine the winner of the 2019 Presidential election.

Adewale said that the chances of the former Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is very bright but must ensure that he work with people who truly wants him to emerge as the next President.

Adewale said if Atiku truly wants to win convincingly in South West, he must assemble young and smart “Hard Working Team” with proven electoral track record and not the regular old and tired brigades who won’t even step outside their doors on the election day.

He said that the party must take a cue from the recently concluded Ekiti and Osun election, he posited that all hands must be on deck if indeed the party want a resounding victory in 2019.

Adewale said that Nigerians will vote for PDP massively, “we must play our own role to secure Atiku’s Victory by looking for a minimum of 50 strong, vibrant and honest people from each ward throughout the South West to man our polling units

According to him, both Atiku and Buhari will share Northern votes, South East and South South are for PDP but South West is the battle ground and as such, credible people must be chosen to man all the States in the region.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/south-west-will-determine-winner-of-presidential-election-pdp-chieftain.html

It is likely to be North Central!!!!
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Corrinthians(m): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
BafanaBafana:
2019 elections have already been contested and won. The matter on the table now is who will succeed Buhari in 2023
Who would succeed Osinbajo in 2031 you meant to say?

2 Likes

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
Richdad50:
I have observed the trend in Nigeria Politics and electionery and i have concluded that their will be a shift in the old order. Maybe not in 2019 but afterwards.....who knows!

The Southwest is the beautiful bride but not for a long time. An allliance between the South and the Middlebelt will leave the West lonely in the future. If you look at the beats, you will see a desire and hunger from the middlebelt to depart the old and unfruitful allaince with the core north. If and when it happens, it will be a long journey away from the core i wouldn't predict a return.

West have got to be careful not to overplay their hands or be seen as fluid or unstable as water. There is a reason why it is called South because it borders neighbours of the same idea and way of life.

#Richdad

SW votes no go make any sense in 2019.

Northern, SS n SE votes decides it all
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by bayulll011(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
tunjijones:
I really want Atiku to win the election. Not because atiku is a better person wen compared to Buhari but because I want this to serve as a precedence for our politicians. If you dnt do well after four years you wld be voted out.

By then we can say we really have true democracy.

True but PDP made terrible mistake by allowing atiku,others will still give buhari headache but atiku is a straight win for APC.
I would av love other candidate not atiku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by oilPUSSY(f): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
Smartwave:
Dreamer, alliance with middle belt and southeast??!!! And the middle belt contains Kwara which predominantly Yoruba's, Kogi - Don't forget Yoruba's are also involved too - a whole senatorial Zone, Benue and plateau will never joining southeast. They have nothing in common with southeast. Your neighbor south south, don't even have political alliance with you - they only use southeast when they need them. GEJ on my mind. West always play regional politics, their regional politics gamers, they always know their ways.
Political illiterate.
Since Independence, Voting pattern of SE and SS are always the same and I don't see it changing soon.
See your hypocrisy, you were quick to tell us that that Yorubas are in North Central but you failed to acknowledge the fact that Igbos have a very sizable number in SS especially in Delta north , Rivers and other minority Igbo tribes in other SS states.

You told us that North Central won't align with East.. Maybe Benue, Taraba are in Sw.

Imagine this afonja clown that has been in opposition for long managed to get to the center in 2015(which they never imagined) is now thinking that he's a bird instead of acknowledging the fact that he's a butterfly...

Sit down and ask yourself... Why is every Northern politician avoiding SW like since independence ?
(Food for thought)

We all know what played out in 2015.. So don't rejoice.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by honourhim: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
seunmsg:
Uncle aeroland the serial loser talking. He has never won any election in his life either in Lagos or in Ekiti but he’s here advising Atiku on how to win the south west. Go back to Lagos west and let Yayi do you that thing again.

Listen to yourself and observe your f/oolishness. Buhari contested election and failed serially before he won. Use your head, think ahead.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Calers: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2018
We need to start talk about 2023 not 2019 no more ,2019 I is already gone,even if Atiku get 2million votes in south east Buhari will defeat Atiku hands down.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by komodapson(m): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
[b]I disagree with you sir, southwest geopolitical zone has the second highest registered voters and believe they are politically more inclined(arguably) than the rest of the regions. So they are well equipped intellectually to influence or impose their ideology on the rest.
Richdad50:
I have observed the trend in Nigeria Politics and electionery and i have concluded that their will be a shift in the old order. Maybe not in 2019 but afterwards.....who knows!

The Southwest is the beautiful bride but not for a long time. An allliance between the South and the Middlebelt will leave the West lonely in the future. If you look at the beats, you will see a desire and hunger from the middlebelt to depart the old and unfruitful allaince with the core north. If and when it happens, it will be a long journey away from the core i wouldn't predict a return.

West have got to be careful not to overplay their hands or be seen as fluid or unstable as water. There is a reason why it is called South because it borders neighbours of the same idea and way of life.

#Richdad
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by hmuhammad(m): 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
BafanaBafana:
2019 elections have already been contested and won. The matter on the table now is who will succeed Buhari in 2023
thank you for this
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
Mitchewww:
Nigeria is largely a tribalized political nation.

However, we have never been this tribal openly during politics.

Fashola and Osibanjo acting under Buhari's script have made it so clear.

Its no more about competency.

And to think this dude who could not predict which votes would be his is here ranting on how voting will take place.

Are you at all a fair person? Fashola and Osinbajo have behaved in reaction to actions from others which show the Yorubas they should stop being big brothers and trying to police Nigeria.

Yorubas, including many on this forum, no longer have time for political correctness and polite speech while others show their hatred and enmity daily and openly. We too will dump that old approach to be more like Kanu and co since it seems this is what gets you attention in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by nwanyionitsha: 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Contested and won in your father's bedroom i guess.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by nwanyionitsha: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Racoon:
As par our sophisticated SW brothers are the only region with electoral value.
They keep chestbeating like lizards.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Smartwave: 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
oilPUSSY:

Political illiterate.
Since Independence, Voting pattern of SE and SS are always the same and I don't see it changing soon.
See your hypocrisy, you were quick to tell us that that Yorubas are in North Central but you failed to acknowledge the fact that Igbos have a very sizable number in SS especially in Delta north , Rivers and other minority Igbo tribes in other SS states.

You told us that North Central won't align with East.. Maybe Benue, Taraba are in Sw.

Imagine this afonja clown that has been in opposition for long managed to get to the center in 2015(which they never imagined) is now thinking that he's a bird instead of acknowledging the fact that he's a butterfly...

Sit down and ask yourself... Why is every Northern politician avoiding SW like since independence ?
(Food for thought)

We all know what played out in 2015.. So don't rejoice.
Good, we all know southwest is always at opposition side. Yet, southwest always matter at the center. Southeast been at ruling party from beginning according to you, but still crying marginalization!!! By who By Hausa or northern region that you are been ruling together at the center? From 1999 - till date check what happened to southeast?? 16years of southeast been at ruling party. But yet, Yoruba man got 8years. Yet southwest is still at opposition. 2019 is close by.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by sunny1729: 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
Otunba Segun Adewale if you agree that south west will determine next presidential election then you give it to Buhari because baba is going win in all the state of the zone with wide margin. Next level 4+4=8
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by sunny1729: 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
Otunba Segun Adewale if you agree that south west will determine next presidential election then you give it to Buhari because baba is going to win in all the state of the zone with wide margin. Next level 4+4=8
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by ehinmowo: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
Richdad50:

#Richdad

If only you can factor the voters' strength of SW. NW, and NE, then you will realise, that it's the SW that determines who wines.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by bpalace(m): 12:51am On Dec 30, 2018
Richdad50:

#Richdad
my thoughts too... u too get sense.... for the west to think they can produce a president without other southern states support is laughable...unless they president a truly unifying candidate with appealing credentials and of course God
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by rexwalters: 1:54am On Dec 30, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Trust ever dependable Baba Atiku he would contest again with maybe SDP or Labour Party?
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by rexwalters: 1:57am On Dec 30, 2018
bpalace:

my thoughts too... u too get sense.... for the west to think they can produce a president without other southern states support is laughable...unless they president a truly unifying candidate with appealing credentials and of course God
Apc Lagos & Bola Tinubu controllers of the south west from Lagos to Edo State.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by modath(f): 3:28am On Dec 30, 2018
seunmsg:
Uncle aeroland the serial loser talking. He has never won any election in his life either in Lagos or in Ekiti but he’s here advising Atiku on how to win the south west. Go back to Lagos west and let Yayi do you that thing again..

I LEGIT felt this on his behalf, wetin e do you? cry cry
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Cantonese: 4:27am On Dec 30, 2018
H
akinhanger:

A Chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos, Otunba Segun Adewale has posited that South West region of the country will determine the winner of the 2019 Presidential election.

Adewale said that the chances of the former Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is very bright but must ensure that he work with people who truly wants him to emerge as the next President.

Adewale said if Atiku truly wants to win convincingly in South West, he must assemble young and smart “Hard Working Team” with proven electoral track record and not the regular old and tired brigades who won’t even step outside their doors on the election day.

He said that the party must take a cue from the recently concluded Ekiti and Osun election, he posited that all hands must be on deck if indeed the party want a resounding victory in 2019.

Adewale said that Nigerians will vote for PDP massively, “we must play our own role to secure Atiku’s Victory by looking for a minimum of 50 strong, vibrant and honest people from each ward throughout the South West to man our polling units

According to him, both Atiku and Buhari will share Northern votes, South East and South South are for PDP but South West is the battle ground and as such, credible people must be chosen to man all the States in the region.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/south-west-will-determine-winner-of-presidential-election-pdp-chieftain.html

How can the south west determine the outcome oga politician? Even though we are not politicians the average Nigerian who is interested in the affairs of this country is no longer a novice or mumu. Every geo political zone is a factor as it stands now. What is very clear in the south west is that the APC will clearly lose it. Judging by the election in Osun state we saw a combined PDP and SDP total votes way ahead of APC votes. The same will repeat itself during the presidential election in other south west states. Now Ogun is no longer under the effective control of the APC with the governor's camp out of it and the governor himself vowing to defeat his own party - APC - there. The same goes for Oyo state where we are not even sure which of the parties will win the governorship. What about Ondo and Ekiti. Other parties like SDP, ADC and ADP are up and moving. They have supporters who will vote for them. A combination of their votes with PDP will surely defeat APC in those states. In Lagos what is the assurance that Sanwo Olu will defeat Agbaje? Expect protest votes in Epe. Badagry, Ojo, Amuwo Odofin, Ajeromi/Ifelodun, Oshodi/Isolo, Ibeju Lekki are PDP territories. APC have expectations in Ikorodu, Kosofe, Ikeja and Alimosho which has the highest votes in Lagos. With the Igbo and others voting against APC in those areas APC is gone. The only escape for APC is gun wielding security men and Inec as we saw in Ekiti and Osun states.

APC as it stands needs the south east and that is why they are going out of their way to beg the people of the south east. Imo is lost already. The whole south east belong to PDP. They have also shot themselves in the foot there. Tinubu is positioned to take over from Buhari that was why Osinbanjo and Fashola made their pronouncements. The Igbos have Peter Obi as a VP candidate. Which party is more likely to get the votes in the south east? The Yoruba call everyone from the south south and south east Igbos. Who is more likely to win there and who needs to beg for votes there.

APC already lost Rivers. No hope in Delta state. Entire Cross river belongs to PDP. Same goes for Bayelsa. Edo is a battle ground. With Akpabio PDP will still claim Akwa Ibom state. APC just wants a slice of those areas to make up their votes in the northwest where the expect child votes, security men and Inec to help them win. Those areas where APC needs votes to make up should be called the 'beautiful bride' and not the south west which they call their territory. But certainly APC will be totally floored in the south west.

Now it is certain that voters will be out there for Atiku and Buhari. Both candidates votes will be affected by other contestants. However APC will be the worse for it. Atiku will defeat Buhari no matter the sentiments of the blind followers. Atiku may not be the most credible. Buhari who appeared to be the most credible in 2015 has shown us the other side of the word. The man has to go and relax himself and enjoy the benefits of retirement as a president.

The middle belt is already split. PDP have Taraba, Benue, and Plateau in the bag. Nassarawa, Kogi, Kwara will be battle grounds. APC popularity has been cut off in the north east by Atiku. Northwest now also cut off by Kwankwanso. Kwankwansiyya movement also very strong in Edo state. All parties are putting up their best performances. The Igbos are all over the country even in the remotest parts. They will vote and most likely it will be PDP because of Peter Obi. Fulanis are nomadic. They protect their cows in the bush outside their own states. No time for voters cards or voting. APC is truly in trouble. Most of those who decamped from PDP to make APC what it is today are back in the PDP.

My hope truly is that APC should be roundly defeated. My fear is that Buhari/Tinubu will not surrender.

APC gave hope built on lies to us in 2015. They have failed to face governance, but rather keep accusing PDP of wasting. Now who has wasted more in mere three years. ECA account depleted. Purpose of single treasury account appearing defeated. Trader monie politically motivated. SIP abused and politically motivated. IDP funds and packages abused and looted by agents of the ruling party. Looters who jumped ship to APC allowed to roam around freely if they have political value. I voted APC in 2015 and now for me, NEVER AGAIN.

APC must go away. We are tired
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 30, 2018
rexwalters:
Apc Lagos & Bola Tinubu controllers of the south west from Lagos to Edo State.
please don't mention Edo state, please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi Assembly Declares Seats Of Three PDP Members' Seats Vacant / I Didn’t Say Igbo Can’t Produce President – Oluwo Of Iwoland / Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend ₦11.92 Billion On Food, Foreign Trips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.