Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? (1297 Views)

Nasarawa Woman: "Why I Allowed My Teenage Son To Impregnate Me" / Couple Displays The Names Of Those Allowed To Attend Their Wedding Anniversary / Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by jeff1607(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
We do not want our kids to go through what we went through or stressing themselves, would it make them lazy or laid back when they go exploring the outside world ? kindly share your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by Juliearth(f): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2019
Kids these days are experimental. As such, I won't advise that you allow yours use a washing machine exclusively...in fact they shouldn't at all( they may be tempted to sneak into the laundry room when unguarded and satisfy their curiousity and I am sure you know what that means). In our quest to making our kids wise, let us also draw the line between safe and unsafe exposure.

2 Likes

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by AdorableJosh(m): 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
If they are still young, let them use it under supervision. Washing with hands is not a sign of virtue please, these technological advancements are there to make life easy for us.

7 Likes

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by LewsTherin: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
Methinks you mean having the kids manually wash their clothes instead of using a washing machine. Even if just some of the time.

Flip side to that will be you trekking to work instead of using a vehicle. After all, manual labour builds character, right?

My daughter is 5 years old. She helps load the machine, she helps bring them out and hangs them to dry. She has been taught the importance of being clean and keeping her clothes clean. That is character.

4 Likes

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by nlPoster: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
I mind my own business instead of watching what other people do in their homes as long as they are not committing a legally prosecutable crime.

All I'm saying is, it doesn't concern me.

Do whatever you feel is good for your kids without mentioning or referencing me.

1 Like

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
nairalandposter:
I mind my own business instead of watching what other people do in their homes as long as they are not committing a legally prosecutable crime.

Do whatever you feel is good for your kids without mentioning or referencing me.

Are you cofused? Where were you mentioned or referenced?

2 Likes

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by saucecode(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2019
nairalandposter:

Low budget Tpia grin
Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 11, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Are you cofused? Where were you mentioned or referenced?

Na serious craze person be that o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 11, 2019
LewsTherin:
Methinks you mean having the kids manually wash their clothes instead of using a washing machine. Even if just some of the time.

[b]Flip side to that will be you trekking to work instead of using a vehicle. [/b]After all, manual labour builds character, right?

My daughter is 5 years old. She helps load the machine, she helps bring them out and hangs them to dry. She has been taught the importance of being clean and keeping her clothes clean. That is character.

thank you jare. nigerians are a very large part of their own problems. imagine my colleague justifying people using drawing board and tee square. that is how we waste energy on obsolete and dead technology

stone age mindset
Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by folake4u(f): 10:11am On Oct 11, 2019
AdorableJosh:
If they are still young, let them use it under supervision. Washing with hands is not a sign of virtue please, these technological advancements are there to make life easy for us.

Thank you o jare!!!!! You took the words from my mouth.
Washing with hands isn't a sign of virtue at all but people wouldn't believe when I say it.
This continent and hypocrisy sef! undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by Lonelypacifist6: 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
saucecode:
Low budget Tpia grin
She is Tpia

1 Like

Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by jeff1607(m): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
ornicus:

thank you jare. nigerians are a very large part of their own problems. imagine my colleague justifying people using drawing board and tee square. that is how we waste energy on obsolete and dead technology

stone age mindset

A colleague once said he would never allow his wife use a washing machine because it would make her lazy ( she does all the laundry for both hubby and new born baby)

I just smh
Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by bukatyne(f): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
Breaststroke:
I think they should be taught how to hand wash and how to use a washing machine as well.

Growing up my aunt taught me something that still works today, she said if I have a stubborn stain on a piece of cloth that won't go away I shouldn't soak it in bleach, bleach weakens materials.

What she advised was that I rob a generous amount of bathing soap (imperial leather, lux, any kind) on the stain, soak in water for 30 minutes or more, hand wash and then spread, making sure the stained part directly faces the sun. The stain often disappears afterwards.

Knowing how to hand wash is useful for secondary/boarding school too. I say equip/empower kids in every way possible, so if one way is not available, another way can be used.

I agree with you.

Teach kids as many life skills as possible.
Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by bukatyne(f): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
jeff1607:

A colleague once said he would never allow his wife use a washing machine because it would make her lazy ( she does all the laundry for both hubby and new born baby)

I just smh
She likes him like that.
Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by bukatyne(f): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
LewsTherin:

Flip side to that will be you trekking to work instead of using a vehicle. After all, manual labour builds character, right?

I am picturing your princess as a little girl with the red hair in the OP.
Re: Should Kids Be Allowed To Use The Washing Machine Exclusively? by LewsTherin: 5:26am On Oct 28, 2019
bukatyne:

I am picturing your princess as a little girl with the red hair in the OP.

Lol!

(1) (Reply)

Get your affordable kids educational android tablets / Husband Betrays Wife And Made A Death Certificate Of His Wife / Try Watching Comedies With The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.