Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old (94544 Views)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old / Cost Of Feed From 1,000 Birds To 10,000 Birds From The 1st Wk To 8th Or 18th Wk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Denique(f): 12:31pm On May 16, 2020
The snake effect grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by kingphilip(m): 12:31pm On May 16, 2020
money121:
2yrs ago and thread hit front page Today Never giveup on ur hustling
Am sure one day my roofing thread will hit front page on nairaland
na because lala meat show inside the thread now

4 Likes

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by pheelhip(m): 12:33pm On May 16, 2020
Thanks for your consistency @jidestroud so many things was learnt through this thread as I intend diverting into poultry farming immediately after this coronavirus.

Market advice from a particular dude like that was noted too. Great thread. since 2018, just made front page at the killing of the snake.

Snake comes before anyone for this Nairaland
lalasticlala jokwa oooo

5 Likes

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by choice17(m): 12:33pm On May 16, 2020
jidestroud:
It's been a challenging one ever since I kickstarted this project. Nevertheless, it has been very rewarding.

I have been able to expand the market in pushing out a minimum of 150 kuroilers at age 4 weeks every 2 months. The demands keeps growing.

Recently, I also started up with a few Foreign turkeys (Nicholas breed). I would be opening up a thread for it.

Good Job op
How much do you sell at 4 weeks please
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 16, 2020
Hmm...after enthusiastically raising broilers but sold at a loss in Yenagoa, I have taken a vacation from farming for the meantime...
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Throwback: 12:34pm On May 16, 2020
Very educative.

I have always been fascinated with farming while growing up, but never been keen to really delve into it.

Maybe someday I will follow up on it.

4 Likes

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Naijaarchive(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2020
Lol grin cos of snake a 2 year old thread was resurrected and made it to fp... Cos of snake.... Chai grin grin
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 12:42pm On May 16, 2020
choice17:

Good Job op
How much do you sell at 4 weeks please

Price is usually btw N550 / N600 depending on quantity requested.

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jamih: 12:43pm On May 16, 2020
Hmm ..At the mention of snake after 2 years, straight to the FP
This algorithm is cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by eleko1: 12:43pm On May 16, 2020
grin cheesy grin grin Evil spirit can’t stop laughing I think those high grade Rat killer shud do the job
jidestroud:

It didn't happen on the farm. Brought home 7 birds to be sold off to a buyer when the incident occurred. Yes, home is close to a swamp with lots of monkeys and ofcos reptiles. But, this is the first time I am directly affected and to make matters worse, my cats got missing same night.

I initially used boiled egg with hook drilled into it which was then tied to a twine attached to a block. The whatever came, eat the other 8 eggs placed alongside the cooked one without touching it. angry angry angry
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by apexc5136: 12:44pm On May 16, 2020
[color=#] 4044368[/color]
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by decoderdgenius(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2020
jidestroud:
Total cost of purchasing the Kuroilers = N9,500
Transportation cost = N1,000

Total = N10,500

(Purchase was made and paid for on an agro-ecommerce online site)

Please can I have the name of the site please

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2020
decoderdgenius:

Please can I have the name of the site please
Afrimash. Though I stopped buying from them a long time.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by decoderdgenius(m): 12:59pm On May 16, 2020
jidestroud:

Afrimash. Though I stopped buying from them a long time.

WHY did you stop buying from them sir? And where do you now get your day old chicks from?
I'm in need of a regular supplier of day old chicks especially layers. Thanks for your response.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Staphylococcus: 1:02pm On May 16, 2020
Naijaarchive:
Lol grin cos of snake a 2 year old thread was resurrected and made it to fp... Cos of snake.... Chai grin grin

Just add snake or Regina Daniels to any topic. It's going front page.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Mrlouis: 1:03pm On May 16, 2020
Oh "kuroiler" birds....a very delicious but strange specie of birds. grin
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by VickyRotex(f): 1:05pm On May 16, 2020
Victornezzar:

I'm already beckoning on him to come and pay his Tithe

grin grin no worry, lala will make sure of it.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Victornezzar: 1:07pm On May 16, 2020
VickyRotex:

grin grin no worry, lala will make sure of it.
I deal with Transfer cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by zekepio(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2020
Great job op and I'm glad you finally killed the snake.
I'm rearing 50 broilers.
Bought them at 2 weeks old at the rate of #450 per bird.
They are currently 17 days old and I have one casualty from possibly complications due to cold.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by bellenornor(f): 1:10pm On May 16, 2020
2018 gist making front page in 2020: never give up grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by gungab(m): 1:11pm On May 16, 2020
Following
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by sujexy(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2020
money121:
2yrs ago and thread hit front page Today Never giveup on ur hustling
Am sure one day my roofing thread will hit front page on nairaland
You have to get ready to kill a snake on the roof before lala will look at you�

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Jossybj1984(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2020
Please beloved in the house we have 30 full grown broiler chicken for sale at cheaper rate,we take care of delivery to your door step and I also need 6weeks old chicken of all species contact me on watsapp or call: (234) 08065058773 with all sense of integrity and truthfunes will deal with our extreme customer. thanks for patronizing us at life hygiene Nigeria limited
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by money121(m): 1:25pm On May 16, 2020
sujexy:
You have to get ready to kill a snake on the roof before lala will look at you�

That one go hard oooo cry

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by folake4u(f): 1:31pm On May 16, 2020
This is a really educative thread. Rearing birds just come dey hungry me as Op dey describe him experience.

Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Gordonz07(m): 1:42pm On May 16, 2020
Nice one. Do you get the required result when you use chukun starter? I think chukun super starter is better. I normally use super starter up to the 4th week. Then I feed them with finisher straight. Their meat is always superb at week 7. You may give it a trial.

2 Likes

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by kikelomojessy(f): 1:43pm On May 16, 2020
I really need to take my time and go thru all these properly. I have a big space at my backyard and need to do some sort of farming.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 16, 2020
MizCharlotte:

I bought those things early last year and vowed never to try raring such again. To make matters worse, 5 out of 7 were females. The rest were males. The males also make noise but theirs is not as high pitch, weird and irritating and the female noise. All the males do is spread their feather and gobble . The females on the other sound makes some kind of noise I can't call gobbling. It's like a noise of an outcry , a bit similar to that of a peacocks noise. They eat growing plants ( it was because of them I started using roofing sheets to protect my seedlings) . They climb fence just as you said or any high surface to make those irritating noise, sometimes you think food is their problem and you pour them food but no, tey continue the noise making. It was hell on Earth. The day I finally sold them, my Sunday afternoon sleeps became more peaceful.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Cammo: 2:02pm On May 16, 2020
At the mention of snake (especially python) every dead thread must rise to front page.
Lala, I salute o.

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2020
Gordonz07:
Nice one. Do you get the required result when you use chukun starter? I think chukun super starter is better. I normally use super starter up to the 4th week. Then I feed them with finisher straight. Their meat is always superb at week 7. You may give it a trial.

You are absolutely correct.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Gordonz07(m): 2:20pm On May 16, 2020
And again, anyone who wants to go into poultry farming should understand that rearing broilers is all about water and food. Make sure you provide light (bulb or lantern or touch) as the heat generated from the light stimulate the chicks to eat more. Once you provide light at night. Give them food and water too. This solves more than half of the issues broilers normally have. Then, lastly clean their place of abode regularly. Let's say an interval of two weeks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln / See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps / Preserve Fresh Tomato Paste For A Year (no Refrigeration Or Preservatives)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.