Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC (47488 Views)

FG Plans Three National ID Cards For 104m Nigerians June / Roads: We Have N431 Billion Ready For Collection, Umahi Tells Contractors / 300,000 National ID Cards Ready For Collection - NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
angry since 2012!

This guy should be tendering an unreserved apology explaining why it took 6 years to print these cards!

By the way he didn't state if it is ALL the cards from that time that has been printed.

My guess is that the 300,000 is just a percentage of the number.
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Premiumwriter: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
kevoh:
What happened to 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018?
the thing weak me.

So me that did my own in 2015 will wait till 2021?

2 Likes

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by stevenakp(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
So mine will be ready in 2023.
SMH

1 Like

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Ishilove: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
iRep2014

Yeye people

1 Like

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by jamace(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
Definitely, NIMC is a failed organisation. Imagine 6 years to get ID card. While registering in 2013/014 ( I don't even remember the year again because of overstay), the office had no power and I had to buy fuel for their generator. It was a sad experience.
Something is seriously wrong with us Nigerians. Paper qualification remains a mere name as no effect and dignity that is supposed to follow such qualification is felt anywhere.
Nigeria is indeed a failed nation.

2 Likes

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by AKzee(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lies everywhere. The phone I used then is the same number I am still using till date and I didn't receive any message.

4 Likes

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Ezonman(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
If 2012 are collect now, people that enrol this year like me will collect there own in old age
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Maj196(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
So me that did mine in 2016 will collect it around 2022 undecided
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
4601CE:
Me that did mine in 2015 nko?
We're on the same boat.
Before 2030, it'll definitely be ready
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by naturefellow(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
Are they seriously serious?

ID card for 300,000 applicants ready. Not even 2m.
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by WaffenSS(m): 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
iPods exempted please
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Nitah1: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
Donmoscojaja:
I was charged N500 to collect mine here in umuahia, so its not free my people
Don't you know that your people are industrious?
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by WaffenSS(m): 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
telleyway:
This is very shameful, six years to print I'd card. What a nation

They're using a 14kbps dialup modem

At least that should explain the snail-like speed of processing virtually any government document, and when you complain they'll tell you "no network"
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by nwakibie3(m): 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
That means we that registered in 2018 will take ours in 2050

1 Like

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by AndLeo(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Since 2012? Some of the enrollee don die sef.

1 Like

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Ajiswaggs(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
I Don collect my own since 2017
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Meritocracy: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hope it's not expired I.D they want carry give people and tell the police to arrest the holder. The director general suppose cover his face in shame.The commission that once chaired by former governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola, no wonder we are not moving forward in Nigeria generally
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
Nigeria just tire me.. means people like me who did it in 2015 na till 2030 we go collect am
MadamExcellency:
This is laughable.

2012 enrollees?

The bank issues Visa and MasterCard immediately as soon as you complete the doted lines.
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by donbrowser(m): 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
telleyway:
This is very shameful, six years to print I'd card. What a nation
They should be privatized. Nothing works in this country.
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Maket: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
Meaning that these of us that enrolled in 2014 will be expecting ours in 2020.
OK oh
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by ashbee1: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
Send us Sms and email to those that their national ID card are ready for collection.
We filled these informations on the forms.
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by nwakibie3(m): 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
gr8tone:
This is bizarre. If it were building a church or a mosque, I bet you it would have been done with the speed of light. If it took this long to produce for only thausands applicants, we should expect eternity for over two million applicants. Nonsense change

What is the business of the church and mosque here? Cant u ppl for once hold govt accountable in the affairs of the country without bringing religion into it Was it the church or mosque that asked u to go and register for national id card Tufiakwa
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by luckyz4rea(m): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
Gistpeeps:

The National Identity Management Commission has said that over 300,000 national identity cards for those who enrolled in 2012 are ready for collection.NIMC Spokesman, Loveday Ogbonna, urged enrollees in the year 2012, up to August 2013 and who were yet to pick up their cards, to do so immediately.

Ogbonna said that those concerned should visit the enrolment centres where they registered and pick up their cards, which had since been printed and ready for collection.

He said that the commission had pasted names of enrollees whose cards had been printed and awaiting collection at various centres, to enable such individuals check and present themselves for card collection.

According to him, some of the people in this category may have changed the phone numbers they used to register, hence they are not able to receive text messages informing them that their cards are ready.

“Applicants who have relocated and want their cards transferred to their current location should visit any NIMC office closest to them to request for a card transfer form.

“They should fill and submit the form to the State Coordinator or Local Government Supervisor for processing.

“This is possible for those who either received text message or confirmed via the list posted at the enrolment centres that their cards are ready for collection. This service is free for now and available at all enrolment centres,” he said.

Ogbonna said that the transfer process was necessitated by a survey carried out by the Customer Care Unit of the commission.

He said that the survey showed that over 300,000 enrolled applicants nationwide were yet to pick up their National e-ID cards.

Ogbonna said that the reasons were because they had either relocated from the locations where they enrolled or had changed the phone numbers they provided at the point of enrolment into the National Identity Database.

“Thousands of registered applicants have changed the phone numbers they provided at the point of registration, and as such, may not have received our card collection notifications, while some persons may have changed location since after enrolment.

”We want to use this medium to appeal to any of such persons to visit any NIMC Enrolment Centre close to them to request for Card transfer,” the NIMC said in a statement.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/just-in-national-id-cards-ready-for-collection-nimc.html

The third paragraph is not absolutely correct! Most people probably don't go because of the headache caused by the stress they subject people to.

At some point i was frustrated so i stopped going
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by hisgrace090: 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
kevoh:
What happened to 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018?

Six years after your registration year you'll receive yours if lucky enough.
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by ikcid: 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Maket:
Meaning that these of us that enrolled in 2014 will be expecting ours in 2020.
OK oh
It's that serious. I registered in March 2014 0! hmm
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by daniwise(m): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Useless country.The BVN exercise should have been well processed in such a way that all regulatory I.D cards should hv been captured here except maybe for international passport.Registered for this card since 2012 o!Yeye country
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by juniorstar(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
After how many years, shey i still get dos 2 printouts like dis
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Rebuke: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
2012? How many years ago is that? Meaning mine might not even be ready cus I enrolled for it 2013 September or there about.

Shameful, very very shameful. Smh
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Ekaka1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
Tufia......anoda scam project for dat country shocked
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by AmeLonRo(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Are you kidding me. 2012 and 2013 in 2018? grin
NIMC wakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Ayobami53(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
Wonders shall never end imagine before I could complete the biometric caputure after online enrollment it takes over 1 months I needed to tip those people at the center before I was captured. collection of the card now will be another business for them. WHAT A COUNTRY
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by psucc(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
Sorry, having waited for over 4years, I willed the card to my great grandson by year 3030

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Stopped His Convoy To Engage Protesters That Blocked Road (Pics, Video) / NDDC BOARD: Tompolo Releases Fresh Statement On Ultimatum / FRSC Officials In A Canoe Directing A Flooded Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.