Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? (2370 Views)

Orji Kalu Isn't Popular Or Wealthy Enough To Be President / Where Is Atiku Abubakar? / New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
How popular is Atiku in the NorthEast and North West? I don't believe he has a chance there but it may still be a joker

I want opinion from people on the ground

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
Waziri is very popular

A political gladiator

A northern heavyweight.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:
Waziri is very popular

A political gladiator

A northern heavyweight.

Why do you say so?

Last year I met an uneducated Hausa man who told me without any prompting whatsoever that Buhari isn't coming back

A Fulani young man around 25years last year told me that Buhari has forgotten the poor now that he is in power. This was a yound man who was also saying Sai Baba!

But last year is so yesterday and people have now gotten used to the high price of things and this is the "new normal"

So why do you say Waziri is popular with people?

'M

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by muykem: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
Atiku will not win one state in either region. He has contested before so check his results. Buhari formed CPC overnight and contested for president in the party, check his results.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Herdsmen: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
muykem:
Atiku will not win one state in either region. He has contested before so check his results. Buhari formed CPC overnight and contested for president in the party, check his results.

Would you want to stake your finance on this your statement?

I wouldn't mind..if you so believe..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
grandstar:

Why do you say so?

Last year I met an uneducated Hausa man who told me without any prompting whatsoever that Buhari isn't coming back

A Fulani young man around 25years last year told me that Buhari has forgotten the poor now that he is in power. This was a yound man who was also saying Sai Baba!

But last year is so yesterday and people have now gotten used to the high price of things and this is the "new normal"

So why do you say Waziri is popular with people?

'M

Is like u don't understand what is happening

Atiku is the next president.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Binikingdowm: 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
Smh children, Atiku is very popular not like buhari in north west but in north East he's more popular than buhari

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Smh children, Atiku is very popular not like buhari in north west but in north East he's more popular than buhari

Is still same equation

Buhari popular on poor almajiri children who knows nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Balyz: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2018
muykem:
Atiku will win Taraba by a narrow margin but that's where it stops

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Is like u don't understand what is happening

Atiku is the next president.

grin grin grin grin grin

You seem to be on the ground. You also seem partisan. grin

I'm still collating facts. Thanks
Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2018
Balyz:
Atiku will win Taraba by a narrow margin but that's where it stops

Now we are getting somewhere.

Why do you say so? Are some of his so called 50000 workers in the states?

Or is it because it is majority Christian and they have a score to settle with Buhari's over "herdsmen"??

The state anyway has always voted PDP

1 Like

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
Binikingdowm:

i'd expect the North East to be pro- Buhari due to his tackling the Boko Haram menace which that is concentrated there

5 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
grandstar:

grin grin grin grin grin

You seem to be on the ground. You also seem partisan. grin

I'm still collating facts. Thanks

Am a political juganut...

For buhari to win in 2015, we are fully aware and know the factors and were the winning will come from...

But today that factor has been deflated.....

Pdp has no opposition....the only opposition they have inec and security agencies but they will meet their match....

Many are happening....just forget nairaland.

Real outside poltics is a confirmed atiku...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by ashacot: 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
He will get %25 in North East and less than %20 in north west.

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by netpro(m): 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
Atiku is very unpopular. And running against a well loved Buhari is not helping matters either.

Atiku's biggest setback is that majority believe he is a thief and he has never denied it for once.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by ashacot: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

For buhari to win in 2015, we are fully aware and know the factors and were the winning will come from...

Pdp has no opposition....the only opposition they have inec and security agencies but they will meet their match....

See this one. Why did i even comment on this thread?

Walks out of thread.

1 Like

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

What about the huge crowd that welcome Buhari and the cult image he has in the North? It seems unparalleled!

The crowd doesn't seem rented. Just sheer love for the man.

1 Like

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Balyz: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
grandstar:

Now we are getting somewhere.

Why do you say so? Are some of his so called 50000 workers in the states?

Or is it because it is majority Christian and they have a score to settle with Buhari's over "herdsmen"??

The state anyway has always voted PDP
Taraba has consistently voted for PDP since 1999 and there's the religious factor. The Christians of Adamawa will likely lean towards Atiku but their votes will be split and as for those 50,000 workers, they exist only in his imagination

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
ashacot:
He will get %25 in North East and less than %20 in north west.

Are you on the ground and just quoting figures from your head?

I need real honest and unbiased opinions

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
grandstar:

What about the huge crowd that welcome Buhari and the cult image he has in the North? It seems unparalleled!

Let me educate u on one about crowd and that's why I don't comment on it...

If pdp holds rally crowd will be there na ur money
If apc na same thing
If aac na samething..

All na formalities...how....for example apc leader in a particular ward will told to mobilise that is hire bus and bring enough people...he will be paid by giving him money to settle them later.....so that crowd u see are apc, pdp, aac coz na same people dey rotate.

All bear in mind that even a higher majority that will vote don't attend campaign, they only come that day to vote.

While some come to vote based on highest bidder, some are just there to vote and go...

So my dear forget about the crowd.
The crowd is just a ploy to say apc get crowd for example akwa ibom when in actual voting apc will lose....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by ashacot: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
grandstar:

Are you on the ground and just quoting figures from your head?

I need real honest and unbiased opinions

Bro i m not on ground but i have carried out my own opinion pool among northerners and believe me very few is rooting for atiku. Went to a northern settlement to buy something around my area and believe me wen i say buhari is like their God.

The general sentiment is that atiku is a barawo and an igbo candidate.

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
netpro:
Atiku is very unpopular. And running against a well loved Buhari is not helping matters either.

Atiku's biggest setback is that majority believe he is a thief and he has never denied it for once.

How unpopular is he? Is it from informed opinions or just yours?

I used to think that Buhari was disliked in the South west where I'm from but many Yoruba's prefer him to Atiku as they like is integrity and many see Atiku as a crook

They have put the recession and the job losses behind them seeing the present price of things and state of economy as the new normal

Early last year however I'm sure Buhari would have lost the elections due to the evergreen hardship of the recession.

So is your opinion based on facts or just bias please? Bias doesn't mean a thing at the ballot box!

1 Like

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
grandstar:

The crowd na for all..

If u become a member of say apm today in ur local govt and the party has enough cash....u as a ward leader can mobilise for a grand presidential rally where the people comes from different party of the state.

The crowd is for all.
Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by KillTheZombies: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
Atiku is more popular than buhari among northerners.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
Grandstar the issue here is that most of them are not truthful...
That's why u see many of bmc always selling fake news online.

They just tell buhari lies to collect money samething they did to jonathan....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by grandstar(m): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
ashacot:

Bro i m not on ground but i have carried out my own opinion pool among northerners and believe me very few is rooting for atiku. Went to a northern settlement to buy something around my area and believe me wen i say buhari is like their God.

The general sentiment is that atiku is a barawo and an igbo candidate.

Your opinion seems genuine

1 Like

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by netpro(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
grandstar:

How unpopular is he? Is it from informed opinions or just yours?

I used to think that Buhari was disliked in the South west where I'm from but many Yoruba's prefer him to Atiku as they like is integrity and many see Atiku as a crook

They have put the recession and the job losses behind them seeing the present price of things and state of economy as the new normal

Early last year however I'm sure Buhari would have lost the elections due to the evergreen hardship of the recession.

So is your opinion based on facts or just bias please? Bias doesn't mean a thing at the ballot box!

Atiku has character flaws.

On recession, Buhari's prudence and judicious utilization of limited resources has seen us gain stability, saved up, capital development, agricultural growth, social investment, security and more.

But in the last administration, it sank so deep they borrowed to pay salary in the mist of huge e as earnings.

Don't even start with Atiku. Within weeks to hand over, they auctioned anything not nailed to the ground. Yar'Adua had to revert most of them on resumption.

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Sufisunni: 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
Not very popular like Buhari

2 Likes

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by docadams: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Let me educate u on one about crowd and that's why I don't comment on it...

If pdp holds rally crowd will be there na ur money
If apc na same thing
If aac na samething..

All na formalities...how....for example apc leader in a particular ward will told to mobilise that is hire bus and bring enough people...he will be paid by giving him money to settle them later.....so that crowd u see are apc, pdp, aac coz na same people dey rotate.

All bear in mind that even a higher majority that will vote don't attend campaign, they only come that day to vote.

While some come to vote based on highest bidder, some are just there to vote and go...

So my dear forget about the crowd.
The crowd is just a ploy to say apc get crowd for example akwa ibom when in actual voting apc will lose....

You are a very poor analyst. The issue is how are you going to defeat a man in a region that he consistently won on several occasions. What are his unforgivable setbacks that will make the people to suddenly turn against him. On the other hand, what is the opponent bringing to the table that will make the people to suddenly believe that he would be better than that one who they habitually adore.

1 Like

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
docadams:

You are a very poor analyst. The issue is how are you going to defeat a man in a region that he consistently won on several occasions. What are his unforgivable setbacks that will make the people to suddenly turn against him. On the other hand, what is the opponent bringing to the table that will make the people to suddenly believe that he would be better than that one who they habitually adore.

The issue of believe is not a Nigeria style of politics.....ur analysis to poor to the context of the country.

Moreover I talked about 3 things crowd, people who vote for money and people who vote on their conscience and party line plus religious and ethnic affiliations.

Thank you.

U are far from Nigerian politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by docadams: 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

The issue of believe is not a Nigeria style of politics.....ur analysis to poor to the context of the country.

Moreover I talked about 3 things crowd, people who vote for money and people who vote on their conscience and party line plus religious and ethnic affiliations.

Thank you.

U are far from Nigerian politics.

The politics you claimed to be a guru at, where did you practice it?

1 Like

Re: How Popular Or Unpopular Is Atiku In The North? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
docadams:

The politics you claimed to be a guru at, where did you practice it?

Imagine question.....that was why u dropped that ur reply..

Chaiii

Everything is not about book sire.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose: Why Osinbajo Visited Abuja Salon For Hair Cut / Nigerians Reacts To Vietnam’s Plea To Nigerian Govt To Import Rice To Nigeria / New US Intelligence Chief, Warned Nigeria Against Electing Buhari In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.