Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Car Talk (diesel Engine) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk (diesel Engine) (1182 Views)

10 Tips To Elongate The Lifespan Of Your Diesel Engine / Diesel Engine And Petrol Engine Which Do You Prefer / Mazda's Breakthrough Makes Sparkless Petrol Engine As Efficient As Diesel Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Talk (diesel Engine) by Asumns: 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, I need your opinions on how to get my kia sportage diesel engine back to its normal.

Its issues; it just started smoking seriously, dropping oil and it doesn't accelerating any longer
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by nurey(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2018
Asumns:
Hello Nairalanders, I need your opinions on how to get my kia sportage diesel engine back to its normal.

Its issues; it just started smoking seriously, dropping oil and it doesn't accelerating any longer

colour of smoke just to be sure.

dropping oil or shorting oil, leakage if no external leakage seen, then you have internal leakage which is the cause of your smoke, engine is burning oil.

Doesn't accelerate any longer can be attributed to alot of things but my guess is the engine is on its last leg, you may be needing an engine rebuild soon or outright replacement.

Your location? Also try and visit a trailer park and seek out a good diesel technician to assist you

1 Like

Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by MotorGuru: 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Sorry sir for the predicament.
What is the color of the smoke? Is it pure white? Bluish white? Black?

If it is pure white, you may have to focus on your diesel injectors.you may have bought bad diesel , and the fuel cannot burn properly. In this case, severe engine performance issues will occur(lack of power).

If it is bluish white, then your piston rings or valve stem seals or pcv valve may be damaged.

If it is black, then your injectors may need to be recalibrated, as the car is burning too much fuel.or you may need to check your emission control system by performing a scan.

Motorguru

1 Like

Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by Asumns: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
SO grateful for your contribution.

About the smoke, it used to be thick black but now it is bluish.

Also, engine switches of when ac is on.

Considering your opinion, will rebuild work fine on diesel engine?
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by Asumns: 4:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
]SO grateful for your contribution.

colour of smoke just to be sure.

dropping oil or shorting oil, leakage if no external leakage seen, then you have internal leakage which is the cause of your smoke, engine is burning oil.

Doesn't accelerate any longer can be attributed to alot of things but my guess is the engine is on its last leg, you may be needing an engine rebuild soon or outright replacement.

Your location? Also try and visit a trailer park and seek out a good diesel technician to assist you[/quote]
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by nurey(m): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
Asumns:
SO grateful for your contribution.

With my little experience of diesel engines, I think flood of the engine with fuel will lead to a no start situation (overflow) compared to petrol which would cause black smoke. My verdict is your engine seals are weak and engine oil is getting into the wrong place.

Bluish smoke is coolant getting into combustion chamber the only cause of that is faulty gasket and to confirm you check your engine oil dispstick it would be milky and watery, the radiator whatever is inside would be oily when you open the cap at worse you will notice milky oily gooey dancing freely at the top.

Also you can open the radiator cap with key out of the ignition move your drive belt and when you notice bubble forming in radiator the gasket is faulty (it's a 2 man/woman job)

Engine switching off when AC is on, means the current power of the engine cannot carry the extra load, this doesn't mean engine is bad, a clogged Airflow apparatus and dirty engine filter can cause this, if you are observant you should notice that with the tachometer dancing up and down or if no tachometer gauge the engine sound would tell you all is not well.

Any engine can be rebuild and am guessing on the long run that's what will pay you, it's rare seeing a kia diesel engine and converting to petrol would break an arm and a leg.
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by Asumns: 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
Many thanks. Can you recommend any workshop in Ibadan to handle this ringing/rebuid? Actually my Kazeem has finally asked me to do the ringing after severa disappointments. But don't want to risk it again.

With my little experience of diesel engines, I think flood of the engine with fuel will lead to a no start situation (overflow) compared to petrol which would cause black smoke. My verdict is your engine seals are weak and engine oil is getting into the wrong place.

Bluish smoke is coolant getting into combustion chamber the only cause of that is faulty gasket and to confirm you check your engine oil dispstick it would be milky and watery, the radiator whatever is inside would be oily when you open the cap at worse you will notice milky oily gooey dancing freely at the top.

Also you can open the radiator cap with key out of the ignition move your drive belt and when you notice bubble forming in radiator the gasket is faulty (it's a 2 man/woman job)

Engine switching off when AC is on, means the current power of the engine cannot carry the extra load, this doesn't mean engine is bad, a clogged Airflow apparatus and dirty engine filter can cause this, if you are observant you should notice that with the tachometer dancing up and down or if no tachometer gauge the engine sound would tell you all is not well.

Any engine can be rebuild and am guessing on the long run that's what will pay you, it's rare seeing a kia diesel engine and converting to petrol would break an arm and a leg.[/quote]
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by nurey(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
cc timifakay, oluwaseunla come and help our ibadan brother from the clutches of village people

1 Like

Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by Asumns: 11:29am On Jan 17, 2019
Still on the matter. I need sound mechanic who can ring my diesel engine in ibid an please.
nurey:
cc timifakay, oluwaseunla come and help our ibadan brother from the clutches of village people
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by Asumns: 11:30am On Jan 17, 2019
Still on the matter. I need sound mechanic who can ring my diesel engine in ibadan please.
Asumns:
Still on the matter. I need sound mechanic who can ring my diesel engine in ibid an please.
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by oluwaseunla(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
Your location is the issue. The only person that is in IB is Timifakay. I doubt if he will be interested in the diesel though. You can ask him.
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by Asumns: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2019
Can I get his contact? Let me discuss it with him.
oluwaseunla:
Your location is the issue. The only person that is in IB is Timifakay. I doubt if he will be interested in the diesel though. You can ask him.
Re: Car Talk (diesel Engine) by oluwaseunla(m): 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
Asumns:
Can I get his contact? Let me discuss it with him.

https://www.nairaland.com/timifakay

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Owns Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche, Lamborghini, Ducati, Audi, MAN…. / Nissan Car For #350000 / HELP Guys..i’m Paying For A 03 Camry... What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.