Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement (1135 Views)

Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? / How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea / Thinking Of Going To Mars? This Land Rover Vehicle Is A Perfect Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by Gkemz: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hello car gurus. Pls I need your help. My vehicle is not raising high when throttled hence resulting to a sluggish movement when it's manual gear is engaged in gear 4 and 5. Both the fuel pump and sensor were changed but the problem persisted. Could it be that the timing belt was not properly seated when the engine was replaced. The car is Daihatsu Hijet Cargo.
Pls help me.

cc: Gazzuz
cc: Nurey
cc: autologic
cc: Autoelectng
cc: Kingreign
Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by hajy500(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
Gkemz:
Hello car gurus. Pls I need your help. My vehicle is not raising high when throttled hence resulting to a sluggish movement when it's manual gear is engaged in gear 4 and 5. Both the fuel pump and sensor were changed but the problem persisted. Could it be that the timing belt was not properly seated when the engine was replaced. The car is Daihatsu Hijet Cargo.
Pls help me.

Reset the timing belt...
Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by Gkemz: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
hajy500:

Reset the timing belt...
Thanks Sir
Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by sultaan(m): 12:30am On Sep 03, 2020
hajy500:

Reset the timing belt...

In all my years of owning a car, this is very new me.
What ever that vehicle is I don't know but someone had done a shady job prior to this so OP needs real help
Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by nurey(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
Gkemz:
Pls help me.

I doubt if it's timing issue. Let the mechanic recheck, especially the spark plugs and fuel pump assembly

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 03, 2020
Gkemz:
Pls help me.

cc: autologic
cc: Autoelectng
cc: Kingreign
Check catalyst

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by cyborg123(m): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Check air filter first. Replace if clogged but you may blow it as a temporary measure if you can't afford replacement yet.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by Gkemz: 12:29am On Sep 08, 2020
cyborg123:
Check air filter first. Replace if clogged but you may blow it as a temporary measure if you can't afford replacement yet.

Sorry I forgot to mention it was blown. That's the first thing that was checked. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by Gkemz: 12:33am On Sep 08, 2020
nurey:

I doubt if it's timing issue. Let the mechanic recheck, especially the spark plugs and fuel pump assembly

Though three different pumps were installed, the problem continued. The plugs were traced and it was discovered that only two were powering the vehicle.

I must commend you for always being available and reliable when called. God bless you and to others who brought in their suggestions. It's highly appreciated.
Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by Gkemz: 12:35am On Sep 08, 2020
It was scanned and the valves happened to be the culprits
Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 08, 2020
Change your engine and tires.

Thank me later
Re: Pls Help Me!! My Vehicle Is Suggish In Movement by IamOguamalam(m): 1:49am On Sep 09, 2020

(1) (Reply)

2007 Toyota Corolla Spot For Sale / Isuzu Axiom / How Do I Install Security?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.