Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Nigeria Gets First LEED Certified Building Complex - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Gets First LEED Certified Building Complex (1499 Views)

Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant / Nigeria Gets First Vaccine Production Facility / Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Gets First LEED Certified Building Complex by Atouke: 1:28am On Dec 30, 2018
21 storey building at Uyo Central bussiness district to be the first building in Nigeria to gain USGBC ( united states green Building certification).
The office complex will meet the LEED - leadership in Energy and Environmental design certification. And will be the first in this region to meet that certification.

The facade( Glass cover) of the building will all be solar pannel enabled. Which means the whole building will be powered by solar energy and will be independent of the comatose Nigerian power grid.
Other innovation will include a green garden on the top floor and other energy saving measures.

The Plexi - Glass facade of the building is currently being tested for environmental suitability in california silicon valley to meet Uyo climatic comditions and will be manfactured in germany by the same company that manufactured akwa ibom stadium
Plexi glass facade and shipped to Uyo.

The 21 storey building currently under constructuon in uyo has reached the 12th floor and is expected to open may 2019.
The building will be leased to multi nationals operating in the state .
Exxon Mobil will be main tenant, Total, Eni, IbomAir have also indicated interest in leasing the building.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets First LEED Certified Building Complex by Nigerianization(m): 1:45am On Dec 30, 2018
That's good.

Good things are coming from Uyo of late
Re: Nigeria Gets First LEED Certified Building Complex by kingharzy: 2:42am On Dec 30, 2018
undecided

Nice one.
I just hope Lai won't come and 'off the recordly' claim every glory

Re: Nigeria Gets First LEED Certified Building Complex by Sonoyom(m): 3:36am On Dec 30, 2018
Re: Nigeria Gets First LEED Certified Building Complex by HassieMalcomson(f): 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
That sounds great that finally, Nigeria also has LEED-certified buildings. But I don't think it is the only one. There should be more and more buildings like this here. I think our people should also try to get LEED Green Associate certifications to deal with global green associates. I am also thinking to conduct a LEED exam. No doubt, it is tough, but I hope I can pass it.

However, it is not only LEED that give such certifications. There are also many green building certifications like these https://www.gbrionline.org/green-building-certification/ who approve buildings. Yes, you can also consider Energy Stars, National Green Building Standards and Green Globes program in this regard. Nowadays, the importance of green buildings is increasing. Mainly, if we want to safeguard our environment from global warming and climate changes, then we must prefer green buildings.

(1) (Reply)

Fani Kayode Cried Out On The Rumor Going Viral On Internet about Atiku / Davido Came To Awgu ENUGU / We Wailers 'judge' Association Of Nigeria(W.A.N) Welcomes A New Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.