Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu (19776 Views)

Linda Ikeji And Uti Nwachukwu: Caption Photo / BBNaija: Gifty Slams Uti Nwachukwu For 'Defending' Cee-C's Outburst / Tboss And Uti Nwachukwu Hang Out In Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by MrGist: 4:30am On Dec 30, 2018
Actor, TV presenter and model, Uti Nwachukwu, speaks to JOY MARCUS on his career, marriage and other issues

How did you come into the entertainment industry?

As a Big Brother Africa star, a lot of doors were opened to me. Inasmuch as I didn’t win the BBA 3, it still gave me leverage in the entertainment industry. I have not always had interest in acting because my first love was music; so, I always wanted to be a music star. Acting and hosting events came naturally to me, and I was doing it while in school. As for acting, I used to mimic a lot of people and my friends told me that I should become an actor.

What was your parent’s reaction when you told them about BBA?

I didn’t tell them; I only told my sisters. When I got back from the competition, they were proud of me but they said my dad was shocked. I made them happy though I was evicted the first time. Sadly, when I won the BBA 5, my dad had passed on. It was a difficult year for my mother; so, watching me in the house was the only thing that put a smile on her face.

Who gave you your first opportunity in the entertainment industry?

I was given my first opportunity in acting (movies) by Ini Edo and Moses Inwang but for television series, it was Ruke Amata. For TV presenting, I was given an opportunity by Diamond Group Production on a show called, You and I.

How much were you paid for your first movie?

As far back as 2008, I think I was paid N100,000 which was a huge sum as of that time; especially for someone who was not even popular. I was surprised but I reasoned that it was because of the BBA platform.

If you have the opportunity, would you feature in Yoruba movies?

I am an actor; so, I should be open to playing any role. I can’t speak Yoruba but I can learn. There are actors in other countries that learn new languages for a movie. I used to say I would never do an epic movie but I ended up acting in my first epic movie this year. The movie is titled, Trials of Ma’pe, and the reception was really great.

What is your view on the state of the Nigerian entertainment industry?

I will like to see more government funding in the industry. The government should take the entertainment industry as seriously as they take the oil and gas industry. In advanced climes, entertainment industries get a lot of support from their governments. At this time, we ought to have a movie village (in this country).

What are some of the challenges you face on the job?

I would say time management because sometimes, you have so much to do in so little time. However, I love it because it keeps me going. I have been able to prioritise and learn how to work my way around the time.

Since you love music, do you have the intention of releasing any single or album soon?

For fun and pleasure definitely but (not) to make money from it hopefully. I make alternative music; so, I will feature a couple of artistes that do same such as Simi and Adekunle Gold. Next year, I want to start featuring in more movies. I know I said movies don’t pay a lot but I have many friends who are also producers and they have started booking me for roles.

We hardly see you and Alex Ekubo on red carpets anymore, unlike before when the two of you were inseparable. Did you have a fallout?

Can we move to the next question please? I don’t talk about my personal life in interviews.

Some of your colleagues got married in 2018. When do you intend to settle down?

I don’t know when but when it happens, it happens. With the way people are marrying and getting divorced, one has to think twice before going into it. I have met more unhappy couples than happily married couples in my life. It is really scary because if marriage was such a beautiful thing, why are there many unhappy couples. If you check statistics, most married people are complaining. However, I will get married by God’s grace. I will not marry out of my own understanding. I don’t want to be a divorcee; so, I am taking my time. I am currently working on my patience and tolerance level. I am learning how to live peacefully because I am used to having things my way.

What were your childhood ambitions?

I am living it right now. I grew up in Ughelli, Delta State, and my parents prevented us from playing with other kids on the streets; so, they stocked the house with movies. This inspired me to become what I watched. The only thing remaining for me to be fulfilled is to cross to Hollywood; then, I will be satisfied.

Which schools did you attend?

I studied Computer Science and Education at the Benson Idahosa University, Benin City. I can actually practise and become a teacher. I finished well with a 3.9 GPA. If I wasn’t an entertainer, I would probably be working in a telecommunications firm.

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/marriage-really-scares-me-uti-nwachukw

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by MrGist: 4:30am On Dec 30, 2018
sad
Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by itspzpics(m): 4:36am On Dec 30, 2018
cheesy cheesy

Young Man Who Live Abroad Went Home For Xmas Spraying His Mum With Dollars >>> SEE PHOTOS & WATCH VIDEO HERE

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:36am On Dec 30, 2018
Dont get married then.........

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:37am On Dec 30, 2018
If to say na so your old man fear, dem for no born you o...........

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Yusuph80(m): 5:25am On Dec 30, 2018
Problem ti eh ni yen �
Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by duduade: 5:53am On Dec 30, 2018
Continue with your gayness

Only God knows what happened between you and Alex Ekubo

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
No b only you bro, people plenty for the line.
Just have a baby and live your life. Screw fucking bondage of marriage.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
Like wise

I am so scared of commitment.

Waking up and seeing one man's face for the rest of my life.

Will have to put up with some bull shít, all in the name of getting married

All I want is, adopt kids and be happy.

No time to stress.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by babyfaceafrica: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
that is normal..been single is beta than been in a bad marriage..be careful

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by zombieTRACKER: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
duduade:

Shut Up there

Who told you that....

12 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
You're not alone

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Freshfish4: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
Coward
Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
duduade:

takes a gay to know a gay, guy you don Bleep him before

25 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
post=74284659]Dont get married then.........[/quote] [quote author=:
If to say na so your old man fear, dem for no born you o...........
So it's a lady that is behind this profile. I've always wondered.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by justmenoni: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gaybriel

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Houseofglam7(f): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
TBH, it scares me too.
I look at my folks and wish I had something close to what they got.....but.....marriage in the 21st century is a big fat joke undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by dicksonadams(m): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
JamaicanLove:
Like wise
why
Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by jaxxy(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
There’s nothing scary about marriage. What’s scary are ur mistakes and errors in judgment.

13 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by zombieTRACKER: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
that is normal..been single is beta than been in a bad marriage..be careful

True words
Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by theapeman4: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
MrGist:

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/marriage-really-scares-me-uti-nwachukw

don't be afraid of marriage!

What you should be afraid of is marrying a naija women undecided

Don't ever marry this set of women called naija women! There are the real definition of piece of shiiit undecided

They have nothing to offer except opening there smelly legs and bringing child into this world which is not your own or probably belong to your neighbor.

Naija would are wired psychologically in such a way that they are born to cheat! undecided

The typical average naija women see marriage as a poverty alivaiton scheme

Once you married those piece of shiit called naija women, within 2yrs you will notice that those piece of shiit won't take care of their body and started producing fat all over their body as if there are some sort of oil factory angry

Very irritating set of women we got

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by mids(m): 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
Well it is new neither is he the first.....

But cum ooo if marriage scare u den gay shud b okay 4 u
Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by ABOUTERICA(m): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
G"y things.. Men with d*ck for d*ck

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by scobyy2007: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2018
You don vex be that Ooo
Yusuph80:
Problem ti eh ni yen �
Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by chloride6: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2018
I mean who wouldn't be?

Who wants to be a reponsible husband and father when you can live off sugar mommies and have petite chicks at your call and beckon.

Marriage sucks

1 Like

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by BornnAgainChild(f): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
Just say you are not done galivanting and not been scared of marriage

1 Like

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
ABOUTERICA:
G"y things.. Men with d*ck for d*ck
Really?

Have you caught him before now?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by atikulated2019: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
the youth wing of gày government youth assembly holding at aso rock not UN anymore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by martineverest(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
oga tell us the truth

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by MrSix: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
You sha get small money, e dey scare you, we mo no get at all fa?
No be must to marry jare, but spanking is necessary.

Errm, If any babe dey available, I dey Abuja. Lols...

Check my signature
I've something for your budget

1 Like

Re: Marriage Scares Me – Uti Nwachukwu by Asshurbanipali: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
continue being scared cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Excited As "Risky" Records A Million Views On Youtube In 24 Hours / Nollywood Releases List Of Ten Richest Actors 2014 (you Will Be Shocked) / Happy Birthday Omotola ! Nollywood Superstar Actress Turns 37 Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.