Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude (4745 Views)

Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon / Nollywood Is Going Betterwood- Kajola Movie Trailer / Have You Guys Heard Of Kajola: The New Action/futuristic Film From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by dgb4(m): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
@OMEGA,
People like u are the challenges we face in developing countries /industries,
I would appreciate if i would see a movie produced or directed by you.

FYI: Adonis production have nothing to lose in Kajola
Go get urself a job and stop criticising other people's work.
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by OM3G5(m): 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2010
dgb4:

@OMEGA,
People like u are the challenges we face in developing countries /industries,
I would appreciate if i would see a movie produced or directed by you.

FYI: Adonis production have nothing to lose in Kajola
Go get urself a job and stop criticising other people's work.

If there are no challengers to push you that extra mile, you won't bring the best out of you, you will remain stagnant and think you are better. I am not a producer but I can produce a far more better movie if given the funds, a film that has originality and uniqueness, a paradigm for all Nigeria movies and as for directing, I believe i can direct more than you at least because i don't think you are in the production line. Besides I am working on something yet to be revealed one day. Like i said before, good quality works requires time. And as for job, have you got one for yourself?
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by dgb4(m): 8:18am On Aug 11, 2010
i can see that the job u got for urself is just to criticise kajola on Nairaland,
but its a failed mission
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by truthseeka: 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2010
dgb4:

i can see that the job u got for urself is just to criticise kajola on Nairaland,
but its a failed mission

you see omega analisis as criticism, is criticizing an offense dgb4

i think your name 'dgb4' means:

Dunce
Gloomy
Bellicose
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by Hardballer(m): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
i saw the trailer , i mean its a start , i mean after watching who killed captain alex, this is like a massive upgrade , didnt get the ninja sh*t tho wasnt really neccesary imo but hey im not the director
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by AkoEja: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2010
OM3G4's criticism is not constructive. He has not even watched the film!. He says he is into CGI/animation etc, anyone can say that. I am also into CGI, as I have created some rectangular characters in 3DS max and lightwave, holywood/nollywod, I am ready
People who have seen Kajola say its a big improvement. Even the executive producer said he is not saying its the best film ever. The guy invested 130million naira which is no small beef. The lack of cinemas in the country is a factor slowing down the development of our movie industry, as there is not a lot to make from DVDs due to piracy, especially in Nigeria.

Let us appreciate our own a little. Expecting people to produce movies that compete with holywood is unrealistic, and its not fair.
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by OM3G5(m): 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2010
AkoEja:

OM3G4's  criticism is not constructive. He has not even watched the film!. He says he is into CGI/animation etc, anyone can say that. I am also into CGI, as I have created some rectangular characters in 3DS max and lightwave, holywood/nollywod, I am ready
People who have seen Kajola say its a big improvement. Even the executive producer said he is not saying its the best film ever. The guy invested 130million naira which is no small beef. The lack of cinemas in the country is a factor slowing down the development of our movie industry, as there is not a lot to make from DVDs due to piracy, especially in Nigeria.

Let us appreciate our own a little. Expecting people to produce movies that compete with holywood is unrealistic, and its not fair.

My criticism isn't constructive, i agree but neither is it negative or discouraging as many any of you seem to think, i am just pointing out obvious flaws judging from the trailer on STV and YouTube.

Why would i go watch a film that has been pulled out of the STV cinemas when a a lot of its viewers started demanding for a refund, i am not even sure if it's still been advertised.

True, anyone can say he/she is into CGI and animation and stuff like that but not everyone can profess it

130 million naira is just a measly $858,857 as at today interbank rate and that budget is lilliputian compared to even the lowliest of the lowliest of an American low budget movie, even some south-african hit movie

AkoEja and the likes of you should try and make points and stop punching the people like me who want the industry to genuinely improve.
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by DeepSoul(f): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2010
All this plenty grammar you people are speaking sef, the movie was simply not nice.

Saw it some days ago @ the Cinema and people were just hissing ALL THROUGH.

If I'd gone to see it on a weekend and paid N1,500, I for vex gaaaaaaaan!

But thank God I saw it on a Wednesday (N500) grin so I just took it in good faith cheesy
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by Ninjabyte(m): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2010
OMEGA, I feel u die. Yeah, some might view your opinion/criticism as a being nonconstructive/subjective, but i understand where all the anger is coming from. Nollywood (God knows I've always detested that name) directors/producers always tend to take the Nigerian viewers for fools. One would have thought that by now, things would change. But alas, its the same ol shit. Shots get fired on a group of hooligans in a car, someone inside dies but there are no broken glasses, police chases are always characterized by swerves from left right (i wonder what the effect of that is), predictable stunts, Hell, how about the every producer trying to copy 20th Century Fox's opening montage with the beam lights and all, and yet failing miserably on sumtin that was done in the 70s, or is it even earlier?

I honestly want to see Nigerian movies grow, what with the wide audience DSTV is creating for us on Africa magic, the hausa and yoruba versions as well. There's a lot of room for improvement, a whole lot, and we should have focused on that rather than leaping into a territory that we know next to nothing about and making us looking badder than we already are.

I saw the Kajola trailer, and boy, was I mortified? Maybe by 2059, we just might be able to afford to blow up a 504 car for stunts sake.
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by kobikwelu(m): 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2010
not to sound like a grinch, but the moment i saw the flyers and read the story line

i knew those were story lines for disaster,

for now stick to something that the average nigerian can relate to

sheeesshh
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by obinna5000(m): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ninjabyte:

Shots get fired on a group of hooligans in a car, someone inside dies but there are no broken glasses, police chases are always characterized by swerves from left right (i wonder what the effect of that is), predictable stunts, Hell, how about the every producer trying to copy 20th Century Fox's opening montage with the beam lights and all, and yet failing miserably on sumtin that was done in the 70s, or is it even earlier?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude by Ninjabyte(m): 10:13am On Aug 18, 2010
But come to think of it, se this Kajola film no get Part 1 and 2 abi? If that's the case, dem really try. Thumbs up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: #bbathechase Beverly Osu Shower Scene / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion) / Which Movie Did You Watch That Made You Cry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.