Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi (31932 Views)

Airman Killed By Mob In Oshodi. Many Stranded As Soldiers ‘Take Over’ / Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project / Pictures From The Construction Of Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Realdeals(m): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Strict enforcement of law and orders is required to keep those facilities in shape.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by ajl: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
jaxxy:
Apc Lagos has good projects no doubt bt needs good finishing and regular maintenance.

Ambode didn’t out shine fashola. He did work bt focused on only one area of development. He left a dirty Lagos due to unnecessary beef, left inner roads in the worst state ever seen b4. He was also reactive than pro active nonetheless he always responded to the the pleas of Lagosians except where he had his so-called beefs/contentions and that was where his under performance showed and hit him badly.

Your comment is very objective. How I wish many Nigerians reason this way. But what about those roads, over 100, he constructed. And I am aware he did 100 roads multiple times, and not just once.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Ejebleje: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2018
abokikhalifa:

By the time Sanwo olu come on board next year, Lagos will get better . Right now everywhere is looking somehow because of the works and construction going on. Now is the time to work and sanwo olu will bring orderliness back to lasgidi. Thank you

Oh okay. Sanwo-olu is coming for Governor Ambode’s second term? I see.

Well, the devil you know is better than the angel you don’t.Your godfather should’ve allowed Ambo go for second term,but Joe Igbokwe say him no dey settle, so stop giving us false hope. I can see you’ve already acknowledged that Sanwo-olu is our next governor, with or without elections.

The brand of democracy practiced in Lagos is wonderful!
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Ttipsy(f): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
olagbola55:

Those making those rankings are fool if Lagos is 3rd worst to live where will abia b?

Abia d home of pigs
Lol
take am easy na.. BTW Lagos and Abia, don't mention again
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by jaxxy(m): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
ajl:

Your comment is very objective. How I wish many Nigerians reason this way. But what about those roads, over 100, he constructed. And I am aware he did 100 roads multiple times, and not just once.

Then I guess they were bad construction and sub standards jobs. Not his fault bt then he’s ment to monitor these projects and deal with such erring contractors.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by EngineerOloye: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Building a magnificent transport exchange at the heart of oshodi. Looks like a wonderful world class project right?

Rubbish! The idea of a transport exchange would work were things are a little more organised: rail system, organised transport system etc. Trust me, 3yrs from now, that magnificent place will be occupied by oshodi touts. They will have self contained accommodation there, allocate rooms and space to themselves with the kingpins at the choicest spots. It will be a cool stuff to smoke weed and a joint to run to when the bag of an innocent passerby is snatched.
Prophet.... thank you for the prophetic focus. Saying things you don't know for a fact with such conviction isn't cool, just as ignorance doesn't look cool on you. There are still does of us that believe the best of Nigeria. Ambode has done what he will, let's look towards a positive future together.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by shoboy9: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
is this a value for money project or just another opportunity to "chop"?
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by EngineerOloye: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Lol...u are too naive to understand my point.
I'm pretty sure you consider your self a smart person but you should have noticed the coming together in Ambodes road project.
3years time, may God keep us, I believe you will be better informed by what you see.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ttipsy:
Lol
take am easy na.. BTW Lagos and Abia, don't mention again

Let tell them how it is

They love to form king kong with nothing to show off
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by deomelllo: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Building a magnificent transport exchange at the heart of oshodi. Looks like a wonderful world class project right?

Rubbish! The idea of a transport exchange would work were things are a little more organised: rail system, organised transport system etc. Trust me, 3yrs from now, that magnificent place will be occupied by oshodi touts. They will have self contained accommodation there, allocate rooms and space to themselves with the kingpins at the choicest spots. It will be a cool stuff to smoke weed and a joint to run to when the bag of an innocent passerby is snatched.

lol @ typical negative, anti progress bad bele ipob.

So, they shouldn't build anything until they are able to build everything at the same time.

Going by ipob village mentality, we should not do anything at all.

No wonder your villages are still back in the stone age.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by MaziOmenuko: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2018
EngineerOloye:
I'm pretty sure you consider your self a smart person but you should have noticed the coming together in Ambodes road project.
3years time, may God keep us, I believe you will be better informed by what you see.

I'm replying you because you sounded civil and objective in your submission.

Now take a look at the last pic, does it look a bit like anything is 'coming together' from that pix? I drive through that route daily enroute Ikeja, the routes surrounding that central area is a mess! How do you build an interchange without having all road networks leading to the interchange working? I said same about Ikeja transport terminal that was hurriedly commissioned and ignorant peels were ranting as usual. Now go back and check that terminal. It was been condoned off at late becuase it was 'unusable'.

Elephant projects don't mean nada if there are none complementary activities within the same axis.

But like you said, we'll wait and watch.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2018
batstan:

Hush!
Watcha know about structural engineering?

It doesn't take discipline knowledge to see a stupid enterprise.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by chigo245: 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
if you do them go say you do, if you not do them go say you no do.which kind country be this.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Bluntemperor: 6:41am On Dec 31, 2018
KingKingKing:
Ambode the worst governor that ever governed Lagos.

Good one Ambo,well done.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Bluntemperor: 6:46am On Dec 31, 2018
Good one from Ambode,welldone,pls complete the BRT Oshodi-BRT-Abule Egba before you go and leave your name in gold.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 31, 2018
izzou:
grin

To me, Ambode performed well. Yes, he may have made some wrong decisions, but he did work.

I still find it funny how APC supporters say he underperformed, and see Buhari as an overperformer

And yes, the project is timely. It's supposed to end by January 2019 but I doubt if they can achieve that

Ambode is competent but problem is that he did not work well with others. This cannot be the case for Lagos which is the most cosmopolitan State in Nigeria and a melting pot of ideas. Even Jagaban must not try Ceaser-style leadership in Lagos that Ambode became famous for.

Too many bright folks in leadership positions in Lagos and it is now almost impossible for a Lagos governor to fail or be lazy. Hamzat, for example, is a match for Sanwo Olu if not even better!!! If Sanwo Olu dulls then Hamzat is ready !!!

Lagos is like the Barcelona team louis Enrique was in charge of a few years back that many world class coaches admitted could be without a coach and still win everything in football because of how brilliant the players were.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 31, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

As in, eeehn? Which Governor in the history of Lagos has done as much in so short a time?

APC people dey kolo, I tell you!

Ambode outshone Fashola yet Fashola got 8 years and Ambode was pushed off at the primaries by Tinubu and his cronies.

Only one lesson here: Lagos APC is in Tinubu's thrall! Even if he tells them to eat excreta, they will!

I'm just waiting to see "Sanwó e" beat all Ambo was able to achieve in 4 years.

Stop hating blindly because the name Tinubu gives you a panic attack. I could lead Lagos to be proclaimed best mega city boss in the entire universe in the next 4 years.

That is how much of a cracking first team Lagos has not to even talk B and C team. You sit with some of these men and women for 10 minutes and you are blown away. You just think wow !!!!
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:14am On Dec 31, 2018
Oshigun:

Stop hating blindly because the name Tinubu gives you a panic attack. I could lead Lagos to be proclaimed best mega city boss in the entire universe in the next 4 years.

That is how much of a cracking first team Lagos has not to even talk B and C team. You sit with some of these men and women for 10 minutes and you are blown away. You just think wow !!!!

shocked

OSHEY!
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by abokikhalifa: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2018
Ejebleje:

Oh okay. Sanwo-olu is coming for Governor Ambode’s second term? I see.

Well, the devil you know is better than the angel you don’t.Your godfather should’ve allowed Ambo go for second term,but Joe Igbokwe say him no dey settle, so stop giving us false hope. I can see you’ve already acknowledged that Sanwo-olu is our next governor, with or without elections.

The brand of democracy practiced in Lagos is wonderful!

Lagosians will vote APC over PDP any day any time .
Lagosians are not senseless.
The election in Lagos state is a no contest .
Even when Jonathan tried to buy Lagos for PDP with all those money he used to bribe some senior men in Lagos . APC STILL WON .
And stop crying for Ambode, he as settled with Sanwo olu and they are working together to make Lagos great .

Lagos is number one . Deal with it bro
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Konquest: 6:41am On Jan 11, 2019
Babygiwa:
Had to take an early morning trip out of Lagos through Oshodi and the construction there caught my eye.

Do you think Lagos needs this type of construction now especially at the detriment of other things or it is spot on?

Personally, I like how for once, something this grand is on the mainland
^^^^^
^^^^^
Great work... to intersect with the international
Airport in Ikeja, Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baheejah Mahmood: If Fulani Go On Strike For A Week, Nigerians Will Know Their / Fasoranti: debanjo No More Acting Afenifere Leader / Ortom Orders Removal Of His Name From Wheelbarrows, Hoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.