Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun (4926 Views)

How Good Are Phones From Slot? / My Experience Buying Redmi Note 9s From Slot Online / Infinix S3 Review: The First Snapdragon Device From Infinix For Nigeria Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2018
On the 20th of December 2018 i and my gf walked into slot office warri with the intention of purchasing Huawei y9 2019 , but they didn't have it we requested for the tecno camon 11 pro but they didn't have it, she needed a phone so she settled for the infinix hot s3x. On getting back home later in the day after setting the phone up and trying to get accustomed to it the phone froze then went blank, she showed me but because the day was already over i told her to monitor it until after Christmas holiday.
On the 29th of December i was about going out to have a hair cut when she drew my attention to the phone again , every time the screen sleeps the phone becomes unresponsive and reboots automatically by itself, it was so bad that the phone wasn't responsive. I went with her along with the phone pack to SLOT office at refinery junction in Effurun , we were directed to the Engineer by the boy we met at the infinix stand , the Engineer who i watched closely was actually browsing the internet on how to format a phone � , formatted the memory card in the phone before realising and then formatting the phone itself, i forgot to mention i explained the whole issue to him and he seemed a bit confused but his goto was to format.
We barely spent a minute after what the Engineer did because we had other things to do, i went to have my hair cut while my gf went to get some stuff from town. Not upto 10minutes i left her she called again about the issue continuing , So i told her to go back there while i catch up with her there.
on getting there the Engineer recognised her and smiled probably he realised what he did didn't solve anything so he directed her to another lady to have the phone changed. This lady was so rude. She said we had exceeded the number of days the phone can be returned , mind you this phone was just barely nine days, it was bought on friday 20th December and today is Saturday 29th December 2018 , with all the holidays between the week. She said she can't collect the phone because she'll dump it in her locker , and that we should wait until 2nd week of January to bring it for them to send it back to infinix which would take at least 14 days, so what will she use while waiting? . I left there really upset . now my gf is stuck with a faulty device.

Does SLOT really have a warranty?
I'll like your opinion on what next to do

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mrluv(m): 10:17am On Dec 30, 2018
This got me laughing.the Engineer who i watched closely was actually browsing the internet on how to format a phone .Shey that one self na engineer?

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Frankspecia1: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2018
You would have checked a different place to get the phone. since you had the intention of buying the Huawei y9, you would have gone to another reputable store in earth instead of buying a device not planned for.
possibly the s3x was the last stock probably re-packaged

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Frankspecia1: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2018
meant in warri not earth
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by dominique(f): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2018
Slot engineers are the worst. On more than one occasion my husband took phones to them because he felt the roadside engineers can't be trusted. They ended up further damaging the phones, one blackberry got completely condemned. Their sales staff are rude and have little knowledge about the devices they have on display. Only God knows the criteria they use in hiring and training their staff.

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2018
Frankspecia1:
You would have checked a different place to get the phone. since you had the intention of buying the Huawei y9, you would have gone to another reputable store in earth instead of buying a device not planned for.
possibly the s3x was the last stock probably re-packaged
i was buying the phone for my gf, the day was already getting over and she was in a haste to get a phone that day. We were actually told they'll have stock of the camon 11 pro the next day but she went for the infinix and wanted to save cost
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2018
dominique:
Slot engineers are the worst. On more than one occasion my husband took phones to them because he felt the roadside engineers can't be trusted. They ended up further damaging the phones, one blackberry got completely condemned. Their sales staff are rude and have little knowledge about the devices they have on display. Only God knows the criteria they use in hiring and training their staff.
the Engineer identified that the phone needs to be replaced but the lady was just trying her best to make us exchange words, we tried our best to remain calm , I'll be back there on Monday to hear what they have to say.
Its really painful that a phone of barely 9days is already having such malfunction.
I guess thier warranty is just a scam
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by dominique(f): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2018
Mykcool:
the Engineer identified that the phone needs to be replaced but the lady was just trying her best to make us exchange words, we tried our best to remain calm , I'll be back there on Monday to hear what they have to say.
Its really painful that a phone of barely 9days is already having such malfunction.
I guess thier warranty is just a scam

As long as you have the phone's warranty card, it's better you take to infinix calcare center to have it fixed or replaced. Those slot people are just a waste of time
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2018
dominique:

As long as you have the phone's warranty card, it's better you take to infinix calcare center to have it fixed or replaced. Those slot people are just a waste of time
for real? I've never had any issue with any phone I've bought before, so i have no idea on how this works. You're saying i can go to any carlcare and get it changed ? I'll search for the address of carlcare in warri
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Twizzy30(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2018
dominique:
i have a brother who's a phone engineer, he told me slots would buy gadgets, chargers, power banks from the roadside and package it and display it for people to buy. He worked for them for some time.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Lexusgs430: 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
Jumia would have sold you a brand new Umidigi A3, only ₦28,900...... Delivered to Warri in 4 days........
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Ejadike(m): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
Mykcool:
On the 20th of December 2018 i and my gf walked into slot office warri with the intention of purchasing Huawei y9 2019 , but they didn't have it we requested for the tecno camon 11 pro but they didn't have it, she needed a phone so she settled for the infinix hot s3x. On getting back home later in the day after setting the phone up and trying to get accustomed to it the phone froze then went blank, she showed me but because the day was already over i told her to monitor it until after Christmas holiday.
On the 29th of December i was about going out to have a hair cut when she drew my attention to the phone again , every time the screen sleeps the phone becomes unresponsive and reboots automatically by itself, it was so bad that the phone wasn't responsive. I went with her along with the phone pack to SLOT office at refinery junction in Effurun , we were directed to the Engineer by the boy we met at the infinix stand , the Engineer who i watched closely was actually browsing the internet on how to format a phone � , formatted the memory card in the phone before realising and then formatting the phone itself, i forgot to mention i explained the whole issue to him and he seemed a bit confused but his goto was to format.
We barely spent a minute after what the Engineer did because we had other things to do, i went to have my hair cut while my gf went to get some stuff from town. Not upto 10minutes i left her she called again about the issue continuing , So i told her to go back there while i catch up with her there.
on getting there the Engineer recognised her and smiled probably he realised what he did didn't solve anything so he directed her to another lady to have the phone changed. This lady was so rude. She said we had exceeded the number of days the phone can be returned , mind you this phone was just barely nine days, it was bought on friday 20th December and today is Saturday 29th December 2018 , with all the holidays between the week. She said she can't collect the phone because she'll dump it in her locker , and that we should wait until 2nd week of January to bring it for them to send it back to infinix which would take at least 14 days, so what will she use while waiting? . I left there really upset . now my gf is stuck with a faulty device.

next time, always buy what you have in mind not what is available
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Ejadike(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
Mykcool:
i was buying the phone for my gf, the day was already getting over and she was in a haste to get a phone that day. We were actually told they'll have stock of the camon 11 pro the next day but she went for the infinix and wanted to save cost
why didn't she just wait? Now who's losing in the long run?
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by lekjons(m): 12:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
Can one of the mods please move this to the front page, people has to be aware of this before buying from SLOT, if they can do that at where op bought the phone, then they can do it anywhere else..

Cc: lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Jumia would have sold you a brand new Umidigi A3, only ₦28,900...... Delivered to Warri in 4 days........
baba lexus, it wasnt my choice . she doesn't have the patience to wait for it if not I wanted to order the Huawei y9 online
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ejadike:
next time, always buy what you have in mind not what is available
bros , the choice was hers to make . God knows I wont buy an infinix or tecno phone personally
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
lekjons:
Can one of the mods please move this to the front page, people has to be aware of this before buying from SLOT, if they can do that at where op bought the phone, then they can do it anywhere else..

Cc: lalasticlala
thanks for your suggestion , i never expected such from slot. I was feeling they'll be more professional due to their time spent in the industry
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by dominique(f): 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
Twizzy30:
i have a brother who's a phone engineer, he told me slots would buy gadgets, chargers, power banks from the roadside and package it and display it for people to buy. He worked for them for some time.

I bought a Samsung charger from them for 3k in 2014 because I wanted original and I didn't trust those street sellers. The charger didn't last for up to 2 weeks before it started misbehaving, in less than a month it had gotten damaged completely. That was the last time I ever bought anything from there. Microstation, 3c hub and other fairly known stores are better than that slot

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
dominique:

I bought a Samsung charger from them for 3k in 2014 because I wanted original and I didn't trust those street sellers. The charger didn't last for up to 2 weeks before it started misbehaving, in less than a month it had gotten damaged completely. That was the last time I ever bought anything from there. Microstation, 3c hub and other fairly known stores are better than that slot
nothing is ever going to make me go back there , not because i bought a faulty phone from them but because their customer service is terrible
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Frezhkid10(m): 8:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
Slot.....Would rather enter 3c hub than slot..they are living on past glory
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 10:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
Frezhkid10:
very true
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
I got a call from someone at slot because I sent them an email on Saturday, the guy on the phone at least seemed reasonable compared to the rude lady i met at their office. I was told that the warranty is 7 days to return for swap and that any additional day means the phone would be sent to the manufacture for an undisclosed number of days.
So people that sell second hand phones even have more grace period than slot.
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Ejadike(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2019
Mykcool:
bros , the choice was hers to make . God knows I wont buy an infinix or tecno phone personally
lol. There's nothing wrong with TECNO or Infinix devices, they are good. Atleast that's what Ive been using and it served me well but whatever one have in mind to buy let that person don't be distracted.
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2019
Ejadike:
lol. There's nothing wrong with TECNO or Infinix devices, they are good. Atleast that's what Ive been using and it served me well but whatever one have in mind to buy let that person don't be distracted.
the truth is that they're overpriced, if they're priced similarly to other products with similar spec then no problem.
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by gogeekish(m): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2019
Slot or no slot. What you should understand is that they are not the factory that made the phone. They are simply sellers just like us. Phone exceeding weeks are difficult to change for a new one because you personally won't feel happy if a returned phone is sold to you as new one.

The best way remains the best way. Which is taking it to calcare for a replacement.

You stop buying from store A doesn't guarantee you that you are free from buying defected items.

Test a phone, use a day and observe. If fault arise, it can be changed the same day for a new one. Not after 9 days.

Being rude can be prompt by customers' dirty talk.

I have seen a customer talk trash condemning an office for defected goods while the seller tries to talk sense and make her understand that they are not the people who produces phone. Until she altered a very bad word on the seller, that's how the seller suddenly went rude and angry.

I don't blame some of these rude sellers. We see alot of things in this market.
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Ejadike(m): 12:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mykcool:

I don't know. Slot is just a store that sells devices na
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Ejadike(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mykcool:
I got a call from someone at slot because I sent them an email on Saturday, the guy on the phone at least seemed reasonable compared to the rude lady i met at their office. I was told that the warranty is 7 days to return for swap and that any additional day means the phone would be sent to the manufacture for an undisclosed number of days.
So people that sell second hand phones even have more grace period than slot.
I winder why companies won't even train there staffs on how to talk to a customer.
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Ejadike(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
Mykcool:
the truth is that they're overpriced, if they're priced similarly to other products with similar spec then no problem.
you have a point though but they still have some devices that match the price
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Ejadike(m): 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2019
Frezhkid10:
Slot still de try
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
gogeekish:
Slot or no slot. What you should understand is that they are not the factory that made the phone. They are simply sellers just like us. Phone exceeding weeks are difficult to change for a new one because you personally won't feel happy if a returned phone is sold to you as new one.

The best way remains the best way. Which is taking it to calcare for a replacement.

You stop buying from store A doesn't guarantee you that you are free from buying defected items.

Test a phone, use a day and observe. If fault arise, it can be changed the same day for a new one. Not after 9 days.

Being rude can be prompt by customers' dirty talk.

I have seen a customer talk trash condemning an office for defected goods while the seller tries to talk sense and make her understand that they are not the people who produces phone. Until she altered a very bad word on the seller, that's how the seller suddenly went rude and angry.

I don't blame some of these rude sellers. We see alot of things in this market.

first of all , slot has a partnership deal with these companies they buy things from in case of factory defects, they should make it known to customers what their return policy is in case a problem arises.
about the attitude of the lady, I can tell you boldly that I've never had any reason to hurl insults at anyone except maybe my close pals when we're having friendly arguments and taking jibes at each other. I wasn't the first person the lady was abusive to that very day, and that's why I took precaution by telling my gf not to exchange words with her if she becomes rude.
9 days might look like a long time , but don't forget I bought the phone late evening of a Friday and the next week had holidays. Anyway I've learnt from this, when next I get a phone I'll make sure the warranty is well explained
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ejadike:
I winder why companies won't even train there staffs on how to talk to a customer.
if there's anything I hate its a rude person. As someone working as a customer care personnel, you need a lot of Patience, the job is not easy I know because you'll interact with all manner of people, but try as much as possible to not exchange words. Some will just transfer anger from hone or wherever
Re: I Bought A Faulty Device From SLOT Office Effurun by Mykcool(m): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ejadike:
you have a point though but they still have some devices that match the price
OK maybe they do , I won't force my choice unto someone else , once I tell you my opinion and you decide to go ahead its left to you to carry the consequences.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Ladies In Tears, After Iphone 13 They Bought Boots As Android Phones (video) / Resolve Your Mobile Phones, Tablets And Laptop Issues Here On Nairaland / Killer Iphone 11 2019 Specs, Price, Release Date And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.