Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? (15356 Views)

Governor Adeleke, Senator Melaye & Dele Momodu In US (Pictures) / Edo 2020: Atiku Knocks Buhari Over Police Siege On Wike / Abiola’s GCFR Honour Well Deserved – Senator Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by sirequity(m): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
Since the Nigeria Police laid a siege at the Abuja residence of Senator Dino Melaye, the action of the force has drawn reactions from Nigerians.

The police had since Friday been keeping vigil at the residence waiting to arrest Mr Melaye who has claimed he is not in the building.

This is despite earlier alarm he raised, notifying the public of plans by the Police to abduct him and inject him with poisonous substances which will lead to his dead.

The lawmaker who hinted the public of every moves made around his residence on Friday told journalist that he was out of town and that he learnt of the development through surveillance cameras around the area.

The police said the lawmaker was wanted for homicide he allegedly committed in July. The force said it had no option than to move against Melaye after the accused refused to honour its invitation.

POLITICS TIMES could not independently verify the police claim as well as reach the lawmaker wether he received any invatation demanding his presence at the force headquarters.

Bukola Saraki, Senate President, had on Saturday dismissed the police claim of inviting the Senator. The top lawmaker also called for the immediate vacation of the siege laid at Melaye’s residence.

Speaking to Channels Television, Melaye said he was not in Abuja at the time the siege was launched. He promised to present himself to the police next week.

“Presently I’m outside Abuja. I’m a Senator of the Federal Republic of Abuja, I cannot run away. I will make myself available as soon as I’m back to town next week. I am not a criminal; I have not done anything wrong,” he said on telephone when contacted.

The Police personnel laying the siege have refused to buy into the idea of the lawmaker believing he is hiding in the building.

On Saturday, in a bid to force the lawmaker out of the residence, the police disconnected some basic amenities in the building. This did not yield the desired result.

On Sunday, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, a close associate of the accused hinted of a new plan by the police to force out Melaye from his hiding place.

“#HappeningRightNow The @PoliceNG are currently at @dino_melaye’s residence and are threatening to fire tire gas into the building,” Mr Bruce alleged.

“And this is intentional. They know he is asthmatic and if these gases go into his house, they’d kill him. Enough is Enough!” he tweeted on Sunday.

One wonders the need for the alarm since the lawmaker has already claimed he is not in the building.

It is either Melaye lied about his whereabouts or that his collegue at the Senate has some clarifications to make.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/police-siege-is-senator-melaye-lying-about-not-being-at-home/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by sirequity(m): 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
Melaye must be dealt with.

If want to know why ask Jonathan.

15 Likes

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by braine(m): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
This whole write-up does not tally with the headline, just a copy and paste of old news. These journalists sef.

16 Likes

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dino melaye had been treated terribly by the government he helped into power. No member of the opposition has had it as hot as Dino.

Because of this government, millions of Nigerians are languishing in pain and hardship. Now, the selfish politician who helped the evil government into power is claiming to be victim of his own government.

Does he want my sympathy? Not sure if he would get it. Even though we now fight for same side.

Sometimes, its good to be careful before you pick sides. He chose the wrong side, now he must suffer his fate alone.

He better pray Buhari and the APC lose 2019 elections else....

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by sirequity(m): 12:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
braine:
This whole write-up does not tally with the headline, just a copy and paste of old news. These journalists sef.

Source of the copy and paste?

1 Like

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by sirequity(m): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
BlacSmit:
Dino melaye had been treated terribly by the government he helped into power. No member of the opposition has had it as hot as Dino.

Because of this government, millions of Nigerians are languishing in pain and hardship. Now, the selfish politician who helped the evil government into power is claiming to be victim of his own government.

Does he want my sympathy? Not sure if he would get it. Even though we now fight for same side.

Sometimes, its good to be careful before you pick sides. He chose the wrong side, now he must suffer his fate alone.

The treatment is good for him. Atleast if he doesn't learn anything from it, he MUST learn that betrayal is not good.

One reason i support Buhari for 2019 is so as to have him deal with those who betrayed Jonathan during the 2015 election.

Obasanjo, wait let PMB win re-election, you will know the full meaning of what you did in 2015.

17 Likes

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by yarimo(m): 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
BEN BRUCE how will tear gas kill someone that is not at home? undecided

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by danot1030: 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
As far as i know 9 out every 10 statements from a pdp members are lies.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by Kdon2: 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
braine:

I take God beg you o, no call dis one journalist ever again! you think sayvna every one who post anything they see be journalist? Abeg stop rough play o!
Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by Omeokachie: 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
Police is playing very dangerous political games with politicians.

Institutions must always be seen to be fair to all irrespective of political affiliation. Anything to the contrary is invitation to anarchy.

I hope reason would prevail. They did it with the guy that was discharged and acquitted by a competent court, and now this.
Their present paymasters won't be in power for ever.

1 Like

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by nurex01(m): 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
Who knows for them
Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by ipobarecriminals: 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
grin grin cheesy sad lapasto,lapasto under the table ooooo.Only those dat watched jagua in the 80s go understand

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by gare(f): 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
braine:

If the Journalist make mistakes MOD too go make mistake
Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by Pavore9: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dino is holed up there! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by jrusky(m): 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
If he is lying then why didnt you arrest him

Pls free us from.all these useless idiotic talks ok. And why invading his house in the first place Keep embarrassing yourself thinking you are trying to embarrass someone.

Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by enemyofprogress: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
If them wan kill am make dem kill am, enough of all this organized noise biko
Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by shadeze: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
And a mod moved this nonsense to fp

1 Like

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by psp2pc(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
sirequity:

Jonathan was a big time robber. And he needed to be booted out then.
Buhari isn't performing and he will be booted out too.
Atiku has been tested in the past and he failed.

The treatment is good for him. Atleast if he doesn't learn anything from it, he MUST learn that betrayal is not good.

One reason i support Buhari for 2019 is so as to have him deal with those who betrayed Jonathan during the 2015 election.

Obasanjo, wait let PMB win re-election, you will know the full meaning of what you did in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by LibertyRep: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
So the police can keep vigil like this.

How come Maina was able to escape?

How come the marauders from Libya or is it Mali are able to stroll in and out to attack Benue, Kaduna and Zamfara easily?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
yarimo:
BEN BRUCE while will tire gas kill someone that is not at home?

lol i just pasted ur comment on ben bruce's post on twitter....... grin grin grin
Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by helinues: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
The king himself

5 Likes

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by chloride6: 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
Of course he is lying

He is currently inside that house

He will come out when ready

The police has shown professionalism by not even barging in...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by ogbu80(m): 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
Shey all these na because Dino is in the opposition party and against the present government�

1 Like

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by tesppidd: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hard man Dino.

Dino's gone soft.

1 Like

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by janvier27(m): 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
I don't understand. What will the current government gain from his death or lose from his being alive?

1 Like

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by CoolAmbience(m): 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2018
BlacSmit:

....millions of Nigerians languishing in pain and hardship....

The above is a blatant lie. Only lazy people are in hardship and pains as you described.

The implication of your statement is that government was feeding people before and no longer does so; which is totally incorrect. I can't remember any law by this government prohibiting people from venturing into any legitimate economic activity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by Ejebleje: 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
yarimo:
BEN BRUCE how will tire gas kill someone that is not at home? undecided

Lol...person no go fit lie to you oh!
Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by soke02(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
Senator federal republic of abuja. Nigeria see ur senator

2 Likes

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by fasho01(m): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
Okay.. The story get as it be sef
Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by Babiboy: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
grin this guy is stubborn

1 Like

Re: Police Siege: Is Senator Melaye Lying About Not Being At Home? by omega2128(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
I can't just imagining, if Dino, Fayose and Patrick Obahiagbon were to be senators from the same state.
na world war 3

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Should Explain Why He Failed To Attend May 29, June 12 Events – Shehu / Parents Of Students Of Kaduna Forestry College Sing Praises To God After Freedom / 3 DisCos Get New Boards, AMCON Take Over IBEDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.