Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming (28629 Views)

Earth Is DIMMING Due To Climate Change, Scientists Warn ( Pics) / Doomsday UN report says global warming is ALREADY causing extreme weather(Pix) / Bill Gates Is Thinking About Dimming The Sun (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by KingSango(m): 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
HallaDaTruth:
ALL OF YOU HAILING THESE EVIL SCIENTISTS ARE A BUNCH OF BLOCK HEADS, THERE IS A BIGGER AGENDA TO IT. ONE DAY ALL OF YOU MIGHT START PAYING BILLS TO AMERICA TO SUPPLY YOU WITH SUN LIGHT. ALSO THE WHITE MAN HAS NO MELANIN AND THERE IS A DROP IN THEIR POPULATION COMING . THEY WANT TO CONTROL THE WORLD AND DUMB AFRICANS ARE HAPPY ABOUT IT. GLOBAL WARMING IS A BIG HOAX . USE DUCKDUCKGO TO SEARCH IT OUT ( NOT GOOGLE, COS GOOGLE HIDES TRUTH WEBSITES)

@kingsango what's your take on this madness

Read the memo....there is no Sun of what they describe. The Sun is a heavenly light and there is no globe ball shaped Earth. grin grin grin

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by ImperialYoruba: 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
RedboneSmith:

White man has no melanin? LOL. Everyone has melanin, except for extreme albinos (There are white people who are albinos - those are the only whites that do not have melanin). The difference is merely that black people have it in greater concentration than others.

Secondly, it continues to baffle me that there are people who continue to deny that global warming is taking place. I understand (even though I disagree with) the folks who say it has nothing to do with human activity and is merely a natural cycle of cooling and warming. But to deny that the warming/climate change is taking place all together? That's baffling. One has to be dense to be a climate change denier.

Correct bro!
Albino sef, amongst the white race has melanin in skin. However they need certain artificial covers, like very dark shades over eyes or coverings on exposed parts of body when they step outdoor in daylight.
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by HallaDaTruth: 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
RedboneSmith:

White man has no melanin? LOL. Everyone has melanin, except for extreme albinos (There are white people who are albinos - those are the only whites that do not have melanin). The difference is merely that black people have it in greater concentration than others.

Secondly, it continues to baffle me that there are people who continue to deny that global warming is taking place. I understand (even though I disagree with) the folks who say it has nothing to do with human activity and is merely a natural cycle of cooling and warming. But to deny that the warming/climate change is taking place all together? That's baffling. One has to be dense to be a climate change denier.

Are you aware that some scientists have come out to say that global warming was all made up. What we are seeing is climate control and the technology for that already exists. The weather can be manipulated
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by Kylekent59: 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
Let them not alter anything oooo, leave nature the way it is.

Have they tried out the chemical it would give when the sun rays goes through it?

1 Like

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by abbeyty(m): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
When are we in Africa going to start thinking like this not just about only money money money?
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by ImperialYoruba: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
Kylekent59:
Let them not alter anything oooo, leave mature the way it is.

Have they tried out the chemical it would give when the sun rays goes through it?

No mind dem jare. That sun old pass their ancestors ancestors, and they want mess with am the way they cannot mess with their own ancestors. Moreover, have they asked us black skin people our opinion before embarking on this endtime mission?

1 Like

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by Ayobami7(m): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
好朋友阮德

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by hansomb: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
you can't tame California fire, na the almighty fire you wan tame.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by Pelumi75(m): 11:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hmm...who has watched snowpiercer exactly what happened in that movie
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by Blezzme: 12:21am On Dec 31, 2018
See ideas and initiatives that schools are coming up with, in our own schools, we are coming up with dressing code for university students. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by aadoiza: 12:37am On Dec 31, 2018
Only fools will applaud this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by Rhea(f): 1:32am On Dec 31, 2018
MGab25:
By Yugo's Hub Blog

Scientists are proposing an inventive, yet so far unproven approach to tackle climate change. 'How?' we hear you ask? Well, by dimming the sun, of course. That's right, and while that may sound like the plot of a low-budget action film, there is some science behind the idea.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-R--yA6DXaMU/XCiz4ppLgGI/AAAAAAAABP4/zWDgVPkJtf4ReLGItiQEqj_KuSF9t2erACLcBGAs/s1600/Sun%2BDimming%2B-%2BSun.png[/img]

Harvard and Yale universities scientists claims that the global warming could be cut in half by spraying sun-dimming chemicals into the Earth’s atmosphere. They believe the technology could help solve the problem of global warming to some great extent.
The research was conducted at Harvard and Yale universities, who published a paper in the journal Environmental Research Letters, claim this idea could cut the problem of climate change in half.

The Technique To Be Adopted For Spraying Aerosols Into The Earth’s Atmosphere

They are calling the idea 'stratospheric aerosol injection tactics'. According to the paper, this would involve spraying sulphate particles into the Earth's lower stratosphere.
For spraying, a special kind of aircraft, or large naval-style guns will be used. Though, the technology is still hypothetical with no existing aircraft suitable for mission.

The scientists made it clear that it's a cost effective project to save humanity, “Developing a new, purpose-built tanker with substantial payload capabilities would neither be technologically difficult nor prohibitively expensive.

And The Estimated Cost?
The total cost of launching a hypothetical system in 15 years’ time at around $3.5 billion, with running costs of $2.25 billion a year over a 15-year period.”

Below is a diagram, as illustrated by Nature.com
[img]https://1.bp..com/-nIQtHNCBJ7w/XCi7BkFtI_I/AAAAAAAABQM/b6rz35-7-I42_1cOXzaP57EU3_rFCHXEQCLcBGAs/s1600/Sun%2BDimming%2B-%2BIllustration.png[/img]
Worryingly, if people who believed in chemtrails were to see this, they'd probably go into overdrive about the implications of 'spraying' into the atmosphere, and we'd risk more inane and absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theories.

There will be also the chances of potential risks including coordination between multiple countries in both hemispheres would be required, and Stratospheric Aerosol Injection techniques could jeopardize crop yields, lead to droughts or cause extreme weather, said David Archer from the department of geophysical science at the University of Chicago.

Continue Reading: https://www.yugo.com.ng/2018/12/scientists-plan-on-dimming-sun-to-resolve-global-warming.html

Aerosol!!
That na mass pollution or poisoning

1 Like

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by bid4rich(m): 1:56am On Dec 31, 2018
simplyDopeGuy:
they should find a cure to my madness pls

Are you mad?
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by kanubiafra: 2:55am On Dec 31, 2018
helinues:
Not a bad idea. Would it be strong enough to shield us from Gamma Ray burst?

Na school be this. But here, if not strike, it will be ASUU, NNASU or student protesting. We just achieved how to make pencils this year 2018 in Nigeria.
where is the pencil factory located
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by dukeprince50: 5:18am On Dec 31, 2018
Adakintroy:
Why do this people act like they own earth and they are Some kind of God. They want to temper with the sun. Something that belongs to man across all generation. What if things go wrong?

Who made the earth in unhabitable with his endless circle of toxic in the first place.

Please leave the earth like that, cut down your toxicsite and let it heal itself. Don't complicate things.
its a welcomed development, if nothing is done about the global warming, it will be catastrophic in few decades to come, I remember when I was still very young, probably 12yrs ago, harmattan's season in rivers state was something else that I have to wash only my face and legs to go to school, but now even in the morning the entire globe is hot. If you stop all industrial action on earth, it will take hundreds of years for earth atmosphere to go back to the earths non industrial age and life will be difficult, imagine life without cars, you will trek your shoes out, a live without telephones, this is the fastest means
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by 2pacamarushakur(m): 6:30am On Dec 31, 2018
dukeprince50:
its a welcomed development, if nothing is done about the global warming, it will be catastrophic in few decades to come, I remember when I was still very young, probably 12yrs ago, harmattan's season in rivers state was something else that I have to wash only my face and legs to go to school, but now even in the morning the entire globe is hot. If you stop all industrial action on earth, it will take hundreds of years for earth atmosphere to go back to the earths non industrial age and life will be difficult, imagine life without cars, you will trek your shoes out, a live without telephones, this is the fastest means

My brother, do you still believe in this global warming jokes.. The truth is the enemy within are the Elite who control the earth. Kindly run a reasearch on weather modification you will know the big Omen coming up
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by RedboneSmith(m): 7:11am On Dec 31, 2018
HallaDaTruth:

Are you aware that some scientists have come out to say that global warming was all made up. What we are seeing is climate control and the technology for that already exists. The weather can be manipulated

Wrong. No scientist denies that climate change is taking place. What a SMALL number of scientists deny is that humans are responsible for it.

And it is only about one per cent of scientists that deny human-caused climate change. One per cent. That is, one out of every hundred.

To paraphrase the words of Obama, if you were sick and you went to see one hundred different doctors, and 99 of them told you you had diabetes, who would you believe - the 99 who told you you had diabetes or the one doctor who told you you didn't?

By the way, I hope you know that the big corporations and the billionaires who make fortunes from fossil fuels (such as the Koch brothers), and do not want to see the source of their livelihoods vanish, are funding anthropogenic climate-change-denying scientists.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by krisdzhon: 7:54am On Dec 31, 2018
It is a Satanic plan to reduce the human population through CHEMTRAIL. The Sun, created by God, is safely positioned 92 million miles away from the earth, serving as the natural source of energy meant for the support of life on earth.

The world government, under Satan's command, is only trying to deceive the masses into believing that God's creation is the source of their calamities. The spraying of biologics has been going on in the USA for many years and is still ongoing with serious health effect (e.g. Cancer, Autism, Dementia, Flu, Infertility, etc.) on the people living there.

MAKE NO MISTAKE, CLIMATE CHANGE IS NOT CAUSED BY CARBON EMISSION, IT IS THE HANDIWORK OF CLIMATE CHANGERS (SATANIC AGENTS in the Science)! A CLASSICAL EXAMPLE WAS THE RECENT CALIFORNIA WILD FIRE. IT IS A GLOBAL WEATHER WARFARE WITH A CATASTROPHIC DEMOGRAPHIC CRISIS AS END RESULT!

#SAYNOTOCHEMTRAIL, #SAYNOTODIMMINGOFTHESUN#SAYNOTOEVILSPRAYING
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by dukeprince50: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2018
2pacamarushakur:

My brother, do you still believe in this global warming jokes.. The truth is the enemy within are the Elite who control the earth. Kindly run a reasearch on weather modification you will know the big Omen coming up
lol, global warming is real, the reason Nigeria is not moving forward is because they tend not to embrace science, we are so traditional in our approach. if you are either a physicist or an agriculturist, you will know global warming is real
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by Mojoy88(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2018
The consequence of this said solution to global warming will be severe on nature. We need more greens and not more chemicals.
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by Adakintroy: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
dukeprince50:

And who cause this. Your logic is that let's sacrifice technologiCal or industrial advancement for the life of our planet?

It is this kind of your thinking that will kill us all someday. Because you never give others the slightest opportunity to define progresss. You are mentionin cars. We are talking about likely extinction of mankind. We're there not people living before the invention of this things.

Man just don't want to push back on this part. Even if the whole atmosphere is protesting. Let's just add more chemicals to the equation.

If we cut back on our emissions and it takes a century even for earth to heal. It's still a far permanent solution to any temporary unnatural approach science will come up with.

To me we don't need all this many technologies. There are too many things being manufactured that mankind don't really have need for. At this stage in my view it's more or less a showoff. Man just telling itself he can do anything it set it's mind to. Not out of real need.
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by dukeprince50: 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
Adakintroy:

It is this kind of your thinking that will kill us all someday. Because you never give others the slightest opportunity to define progresss. You are mentionin cars. We are talking about likely anil Arion of mankind. We're there not people living before the inversions of this things.

Man just don't Ean to push back on this part. Even if the whole atmosphere is protest. Let's just add more chemicals to the equation. If we cut back on our emissions and it takes a century even for earth to heal. It's still a far permanent solution to any temporary unnatural approach science will come up with.

To me we don't need all this many technologies. There are too many things being manufactured that mankind don't really have need for. At this stage in my view it's more or less a showoff.
we are entitled to our opinion, but thing that cause global warming are mainly things that that comes from industrial activities and we need those things, maybe it (the gas) could be dangerous to our health, but science has not proven it is, the ultraviolet rays from sun is already dangerous enough for us and in couple of decades, it could lead to severe skin problems, IMO its better to given it a chance. I won't risk preferring things that I know is harmful to my health to things I have no clue if its dangerous or not.
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by mrMeen(m): 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
You all dont worry, no need for panic at all. I just got off phone with Pentagon. grin

I shared with them the concerns of Africa's most populous nation and our doubts on the success of this grand mission. I particularly emphasised to them the consequences on yam and cassava harvests and beans and rice. Amala, tuwo and akpu will become very expensive.

So there is clarity coming from policy makers on what this is meant to achieve. Please dont share, you keep this secret to your chest and only talk about in whispers. Ok? grin

Nuclear weapons are at the end of their lifecycles. World powers had thought a time would come when it would need replacement so the West and East accelerated its space programs in preparation for a possible space war, which never happened.

Next stage is to find replacement for space and nuclear armaments and so this dimming of the sun is in a way a war tactic to control the sun shading as a means to wipe out enemy combatants. You all know all Armies in the world go to the front in their green combat outfits...but do you know the relationship between color green and sun? grin. Remember photosynthesis in biology class?

By controlling the amount of photosynthetic beam to a soldier in green, you can precicesly deplete one soldier standing in a crowd of thousands. Imagine the effect on a million strong army. grin. Guess what? Who has a million strong Army in the world? China. Who is the rising world power feared by West? China. grin

So the Chiefs in Pentagon have told me to calm your fears and not worry at all. Amala supply, Tuwo and Akpu will continue in abundance my people. grin grin

Oshey wooo I hail hope our supply of gari will not be endangered in any way.
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by Adakintroy: 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
dukeprince50:
we are entitled to our opinion, but thing that cause global warming are mainly things that that comes from industrial activities and we need those things, maybe it (the gas) could be dangerous to our health, but science has not proven it is, the ultraviolet rays from sun is already dangerous enough for us and in couple of decades, it could lead to severe skin problems, IMO its better to given it a chance. I won't risk preferring things that I know is harmful to my health to things I have no clue if its dangerous or not.

Sorry if I come up too strong. It was not my intent and I apologise.

However, I know the benefits of science to my everyday life. I am communiacting to you via one of its greatest inventions. Nevertheless, I must say strongly if I have to choose between saving the planet and throwing my hand piece into the lagoon, I will choose the later without blinking.

It's not like this position were not considered at the start of science. Many sceptic have argued the disavantages in the long run may out weight the advantages. Worst now is that we have a world leader who thinks climate change is a hoax.

Just so there will be no strings holding him back from doing global business and pushing production further. Who knows?

For me if our end come by our own hands, then it's a greater form of primitivity. Worst than animals. At least animals do not have consciousness..we saw ours coming but just could not stop ourselves. All because of material needs. Very shallow.

I have no faith in science spray panting the sun, because in few season to come, they will be like." New research shows that blah blah.." many of them work to push the course of rich industrialist who sponsors their research.

If my house is running fume from my generator and choking g me, I find way to put off the fume, if I can't I put out the generator and sleep in darkness. There may be no fan or light. But at least I will breath fine.

I don't wear a mask all through and work or hope to adjust to the fume.
Re: Scientists Plan On Dimming The Sun To Resolve Global Warming by tck2000(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
if i hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25 Worst Earthquakes In History(pics) / Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit / If You Catch This Insect Alive, You Can Become Rich For 54 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.