Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar (20386 Views)

Precious Chikwendu Throws Shade At FFK Says ‘A Thief Is Never Ashamed’ / John Yakubu Yusuf: EFCC Probes Why Convicted Pension Thief Is Not In Jail / Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Before He Became Corrupt (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by dannybrasky(m): 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin
deomelllo:

You forgot the athiefKUlooter part.

He's a voracious looter, a global bribe taker, and collector, an international fugitive.
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by deomelo: 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2018

Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by deomelo: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by REDshouse(m): 10:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
melanch:

Then go patronise someone who is incompetent, I guess he will do it better.

Thanx i prefer someone with proven integrity than a confirm thief to administer my website and my company

1 Like

Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by jamace(m): 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2018
*Aloy wrote:*

*Any follower of political events in Nigeria would by now be very familiar with this comment by the APC; PDP destroyed Nigeria for 16 years.*

*One would have thought that having identified PDP as responsible for destroying Nigeria, the APC would avoid them like a plague. But these guys are not only hypocrites, they are liars, shameless and experts in double standards.*

I decided to take a cusory look at the Presidential campaign council they eventually constituted yesterday and this is what I found;

Vice Chairman North: Sen. George Akume- PDP Governor for 8years.

Vice Chairman South: Sen. Ken Nnamani- Former Senate President under PDP

D.G: Rotimi Ameachi: 8 years Speaker House of Assembly and 7 years Governor under PDP. Spent 15 of the 16 years in PDP.

North West Zonal Director: Aliyu Wammakko- PDP Governor for 8years and Senator for 3 years.

South West Zonal Director: Olusola Oke- Former PDP National legal adviser for 9years.

South South Zonal Director: Godswill Akpabio- Former SSG, former Governor for 8 years and until 4months ago, was the PDP minority leader in the Senate.

None of these people spent less than 13years as PDP members. Mathematically, that is 81% of the 16 years of destruction

*In one breath, you say PDP destroyed Nigeria for 16 years. In another breath, you need this same destroyers to help you to "change" Nigeria. Who is deceiving who?*

Even though I know that the APC and their supporters lack the ability to engage in fact based conversation, I still invite them to controvert my claims in this post.

These are interesting times...

Me: Nigerians are invited to note that propaganda of APC is lame and cannot fly. Let this baseless propaganda end tomorrow 31/12/19.
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Keyamo is a big idiot

So he has accepted to be a fool.
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
sacluxisback:

So he has accepted to be a fool.

He has always been a fool
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by zedman1(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
MrPresident1:
You need to stop looking toward either buhari or Atiku for salvation, satan is in firm control of the world, satan does not want your progress so either buhari gets reelected or Atiku wins, there will be no respite for your predicament.

Assuming Atiku wins, 4 years after his tenure, Nigerians would be wondering at what hit them again, because they will be hit very much harder. By that time a newer generation of zombies would have come on board, they will support Atiku vigorously, sai baba people will be the new wailers.
)Kai! let's open a church. Like you, I'm a prophet too and this is my mind you've spoken. But I don't know if you will agree with my prophecy that no leader can actually fix Nigeria. We all de craze.

1 Like

Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by biztip: 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
its beta than when a thief is shouting"am a saint". call me saint buhari
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by hansomb: 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
Atiku is dangerously corrupt.

1 Like

Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by deomelo: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2018

APC Spokesman

PDP Spokesman.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by pimper24: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
tesppidd:
what is your point exactly.

"I will be a fool to say APC is the best thing to happen to Nigeria"

Why are you taking this statememt literally?

Can you not read between the lines?

Aren't you educated?

You nor go school?
my fried way go school read between the lines and tell us the meaning .
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by syndicated0: 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
With just N5k, you can become a VTU distributor of all networks in Recharge And Get Paid Company, earning between N3k to N5k daily. For more details, call/whatsapp me on 08177253472. Please, only serious minded people are needed
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by melanch(m): 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
ObaKlaz:
Your logic is thoroughly skewed; that's why you keep dragging partisan politics into this discuss. You can be competent without necessarily having integrity; that is your assertion. But lack of integrity denotes your incompetence, to begin with - politics or not! Go learn what the word Integrity means in all its essence.

The problem here is that you didn't understand a simple English sentence. I wish I can write in your dialect for better understanding. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
But I never said 'you can be competent without having integrity'. grin Integrity is required from everyone, as far as you are human, you should have integrity. But integrity without competency is very wrong. It is as useless as I can imagine.
Again, I asked a question, 'has our president of 'integrity' really doing the integrity role in the Nigerian politics?

PS: please read slowly before you start another argument.
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by melanch(m): 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
REDshouse:

Thanx I prefer someone with proven integrity than a confirm thief to administer my website and my company

Boss, you don't have the money for SEO. Simple. grin I have worked with a lot of clients in this platform. None has called me a scammer.
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 31, 2018
kettykin:
What of Tinubu? Does anyone know why the critics arent talking about his corruption

Is Tinubu running for president?
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by Royals1st: 12:52am On Dec 31, 2018
The 53 suitcase saga of 1984
Pretend It's 1983 again, Buhari is declared Head of State, after the coup that displaced Shagari. He is said to be a corruption war lord and would set Nigeria on the Right path. Yes he began the great cleansing, like he will in the future (2014) but with sentiments. A Wikipedia and vanguard report states it so
"In 1985, a cross section of politicians were convicted of corrupt practices under the government of General In 1985, a cross section of politicians were convicted of corrupt practices under the government of General Muhammadu Buhari, but the administration itself was only involved in a few instances of lapsed ethical judgment. Some cite the suitcases scandal which also coincidentally involved then customs leader Atiku, who later became Vice President in 1999, and was indicted for various acts of corruption. "The 53 suitcases saga arose in 1984 during the currency change exercise ordered by the Buhari junta when it ordered that every case arriving the country should be inspected irrespective of the status of the person behind such. The 53 suitcases were, however, ferried through the Murtala Muhammed Airport without a customs check by soldiers allegedly at the behest of Major Mustapha Jokolo, the then aide-de-camp to Gen. Buhari. Atiku was at that time the Area Comptroller of Customs in charge of the Murtala Muhammed Airport."
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by kolnel: 1:51am On Dec 31, 2018
lilytender:

What do you mean that he doesn't have a good agenda? Didn't you go through mission statement after returning from Dubai? He said he wants to sell NNPC to himself.

Hilarious
Even his body movements show he’s selling Nigeria to himself

1 Like

Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by ObaKlaz: 5:22am On Dec 31, 2018
melanch:

[s]The problem here is that you didn't understand a simple English sentence. I wish I can write in your dialect for better understanding. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
[/s]
But I never said 'you can be competent without having integrity'. grin Integrity is required from everyone, as far as you are human, you should have integrity. But integrity without competency is very wrong. It is as useless as I can imagine.
[s]Again, I asked a question, 'has our president of 'integrity' really doing the integrity role in the Nigerian politics?[/s]

[s]PS: please read slowly before you start another argument[/s].
Here is your howler, which I reacted to, '' When has integrity become the basic quality to lead a nation Let me help you build your argument by fixing your wrong choice of words first. What you should have written is when has integrity become the ONLY quality to lead a nation?

1 Like

Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by ObaKlaz: 5:32am On Dec 31, 2018
melanch:

[s]The problem here is that you didn't understand a simple English sentence. I wish I can write in your dialect for better understanding. I am sorry for the inconvenience.[/s]
Again, I asked a question, 'has our president of 'integrity' really doing the integrity role in the Nigerian politics?

[s]PS: please read slowly before you start another argument.[/s]
If you had written that way, your message would've been passed lucidly. Integrity is an essential ingredient needed to lead a nation but it's NOT THE ONLY factor, which we've both agreed to now. Considering other blunders in your subsequent responses, I say, you have NOTHING on me on word usage or comprehension, sir.
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by ObaKlaz: 5:35am On Dec 31, 2018
melanch:

[s]The problem here is that you didn't understand a simple English sentence. I wish I can write in your dialect for better understanding. I am sorry for the inconvenience.[/s]

[s]PS: please read slowly before you start another argument[/s].
With all these wild claims on PMB, lacking hard facts, yes PMB IS A MAN OF INTEGRITY! All you're doing is trying to downplay integrity which people (with the exception of yourself and the PDP) believe is a glowing attribute of PMB, which is something Atiku lacks and cannot offer. Pardon the broken quotes, please. That's an oversight.
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by PrinceBBlack(m): 6:28am On Dec 31, 2018
beegodson:
PRESS RELEASE BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI CAMPAIGN ORGANISATION:

WHEN THE THIEF IS SHOUTING “THIEF”:
THE CASE OF ALHAJI ATIKU ABUBAKAR

A few days ago, the Presidential Candidate of the PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, called out President Muhammadu Buhari over certain allegations of “corrupt practices” which the President allegedly condones in his government. Whilst we have repeatedly addressed each and every of the instances cited by him to show the transparent nature of the government, it is shocking that the Presidential candidate of the main opposition has refused to issue a personal statement up till this minute clarifying in details his record of crass corruption and abuse of office. He is clearly taking Nigerians for a ride and hopes to distort the ethical revolution in public office that Nigerians clearly desire to his own philosophy of abusing public office to promote private interests. By his subliminal messages, he wants Nigerians to accept that becoming wealthy by abusing public office is not a bad thing after all.

With the avalanche of fake and unsubstantiated news released in the last few days, it is now clear that PDP’s strategy in the run up to the elections is to spread fake news and make wild allegations without any proof against the President and the Vice President. This is clearly to divert attention from the record of crass corruption and abuse of office of their own candidate. Nigerians cannot and should not be insulted by the PDP after 16 years of looting of the nation, by now putting forward a man whose record of corruption they very much acknowledge, but would rather we all overlook it.

Some of the indisputable facts regarding Alhaji Atiku Abubakar are as follows:

1. The U.S Congress in a report titled, KEEPING FOREIGN CORRUPTION OUT OF THE UNITED STATES: FOUR CASE HISTORIES, featured Alhaji Atiku Abubakar as one of the four notorious cases of money laundering in the world!

2. The Congress report said “Jennifer Douglas Abubakar, a U.S. citizen, is the fourth wife of Atiku Abubakar, the former Vice President of Nigeria and a former candidate for the Presidency of Nigeria...... from 2000 to 2008, Ms. Douglas helped her husband bring over $40 million in suspect funds into the United States, including at least $1.7 million in bribe payments from Siemens AG, a German corporation, and over $38 million from little known offshore corporations, primarily LetsGo Ltd. Inc., Guernsey Trust Company Nigeria Ltd., and Sima Holding Ltd”.

3. Atiku’s co-conspirators, Williams Jefferson and Siemens in the bribery deal were convicted and Jefferson went to jail. By running for President of Nigeria, Atiku intends to get some immunity from prosecution. Already he is hoping to obtain a visa to visit the US, as a guest of the State department, a concession that the US will grant to a Presidential candidate of Africa’s biggest Nation.

4. Both the BBC and Voice of America reported that “In a probe ordered by Mr. Obasanjo, (then Nigerian President) the vice-president was accused of diverting $125m from a public development trust fund into his personal businesses.”; Please see 1016 BBC, Profile: Atiku Abubakar, January 25, 2007, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/ 6292141.stm (Voice of America, “Nigerian Vice President Charged with Corruption,” October 10, 2006, http:// www1.voanews.com/english/news/a-).

5. A Senate subcommittee investigating the PTDF indicted Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, having found that he abused his office by aiding and abetting the diversion of public funds in the sum of $145 million” as loans to his friends. This report was a subject of a full-blown investigation by the EFCC which actually recommended his prosecution in a court of law. That report is still pending and alive till today.

How do we as a Nation end up with anyone with this sordid record locally and internationally? We have heard the lame defence that the U.S Justice Department said it has no pending case against Atiku Abubakar. That is only a defence for the ignorant ones. In the United States, there are indictments the Justice Department can confirm to the world. But there is another category of indictments known as SEALED INDICTMENTS that the Justice Department cannot confirm to anyone. These indictments are sealed under the orders of a Judge. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has a sealed indictment waiting for him in the U.S. The day he visits the U.S, not as a candidate in an election, he will face charges.
There is no question that the reasons for Atiku’s frequent contests for the Presidency are to steal the resources of Nigeria for self-enrichment and to prevent prosecution for his crimes of laundering and receiving bribes. No amount of fake news or ridiculous false allegations against the President or Vice President that can wash away the well-documented history of theft.
We also challenge the PDP to publish a single line in the sub-committee recommendation of the House of Reps on the NEMA Emergency purchases where the report accused the Vice President of embezzlement of funds. They either do this within 24 hours or keep quiet forever. It is even noteworthy that the House of Representatives have not adopted any such recommendation to make it a report of the House.
We also challenge them to show any proof whatsoever of their allegations regarding the TraderMoni.
After three days of publicly announcing that they have hard proof that the President’s relations bought shares in Etisalat and Keystone Bank, the PDP has not produced a single piece of paper, a document of any sort to buttress the grave allegations it made. This is how shameless and callous the Atiku team has become, all in a desperate bid to get their hands on the public purse.
Lastly, we challenge Alhaji Atiku Abubakar for the umpteen time to produce his tax receipts for 2015, 2016 and 2017. It is shocking that a man who has not been paying his Personal Income Taxes now says he wants to “get Nigerians working again” - whatever that means. He is only deceiving himself and not the intelligent Nigerians that we know.
Thank you.

FESTUS KEYAMO, SAN, FCIArb (UK)
Director, Strategic Communications,
President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation
(Official Spokesperson).

Sunday, December 30, 2018.
i love this piece. Nigerian are so gullible to fake news and some cant even use the internet to find out the truth. This is precise and well documented. Atiku should bring out proof of all he alleges while there is enough proof on him already for being a thief. Even the Etisalat and Keystone saga has rebounded.
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by PrinceBBlack(m): 6:31am On Dec 31, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Keyamo is a big idiot
Is Obasanjo any different from Keyamo. If he is a big idiot, then Obadanjo should be a bigger one for supporting Atiku after all he said against him
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by PrinceBBlack(m): 6:32am On Dec 31, 2018
flowmama:
All this epistle just because of Atiku's revelation of shareholdings in Etisalat and keystone...

This is getting interesting
So far... it holds no water on the 9mobile and Keystone saga...
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by maasoap(m): 7:09am On Dec 31, 2018
flowmama:
All this epistle just because of Atiku's revelation of shareholdings in Etisalat and keystone...

This is getting interesting
And PDP's abandoned national secretariat. Lol
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by Nellyvin(m): 8:21am On Dec 31, 2018
Why are you crying wolf. If you have evidence that he is a thief, shebi you be lawyer, SAN at that, why not approach the court or EFCC with it. Atiku has presented evidences of thieving in the President's family, defend that one first or shut up ypur bukal cavity now and for ever
Re: When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar by EduC(m): 5:25am On Jan 18, 2019
Kobicove:

If granted US visa... I assure you Atiku will never dare set foot in that country without a diplomatic passport cos he will be arrested at the port of entry and even the president of the United States will not be able to save him! undecided

Finally your nightmare has become reality, Atiku is in the US. You guys are a bunch of liars and lack integrity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UN Report On Violent Conflicts In Nigeria Disappointing –presidency / Elections: Choose Between Tinubu, Obi, Ezeife Tells Nigerians / Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.