Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns (17759 Views)

Boko Haram Seizes Shiroro, Rafi LGAs In Niger State / Breaking News: Boko Haram Seizes Military Base In Borno / Book Haram Seizes Six Borno Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:21am On Dec 31, 2018
MrMicholo:

Sometimes, I and my colleagues do read everything you guys post here with a heavy heart and pity for your ignorance towards the real happenings in the theatre of war or the military generally..
That boko haram took pictures of few weapons they captured shouldn't give you the idea that they took large cache of weapons.. what they won't show you is that most of the weapons has no ammunition or is not combat worthy.

There is a clear difference between having weapons and having ammunitions to use in those weapons.. as a lieutenant heading a reconnaissance team of 12men, I'm assigned only 2 drum magazines of 30rounds capacity, with no renewable chance until exhausted.. my men are issued one each... now tell me sire, how many people do you wish to kill with 30bullets? how do you defend yourself with 30bullets with no assurance of a side arm(pistol)??

The APCs(Armored personnel carriers) you see boko haram capture, which are not made to participate directly in combat like the AFVs is not even equipped with the normal M50cal weapons as it should for defense... most of the automobiles are not temporarily in service, that's why boko haram tend to burn them instead of taking them..
out of my whole team, only 7 has rifles and is equipped for combat, the others, their rifles jammed or either went to Kaduna for servicing or permanently out of service.

In order to sound woke or informed, you guys tend fabricate things or make certain conclusions that you think is right which is actually wrong, endangering humans like yourself somewhere fighting for the survival of everybody.

I have a lot of things I still want to say.. but I will stop here cuz duty calls.
politics don consume our brain dsts yy u see nasty comments here...but wat is the true situation in baga....
Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by TechCapon(m): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
MrMicholo:

Sometimes, I and my colleagues do read everything you guys post here with a heavy heart and pity for your ignorance towards the real happenings in the theatre of war or the military generally..
That boko haram took pictures of few weapons they captured shouldn't give you the idea that they took large cache of weapons.. what they won't show you is that most of the weapons has no ammunition or is not combat worthy.

There is a clear difference between having weapons and having ammunitions to use in those weapons.. as a lieutenant heading a reconnaissance team of 12men, I'm assigned only 2 drum magazines of 30rounds capacity, with no renewable chance until exhausted.. my men are issued one each... now tell me sire, how many people do you wish to kill with 30bullets? how do you defend yourself with 30bullets with no assurance of a side arm(pistol)??

The APCs(Armored personnel carriers) you see boko haram capture, which are not made to participate directly in combat like the AFVs is not even equipped with the normal M50cal weapons as it should for defense... most of the automobiles are not temporarily in service, that's why boko haram tend to burn them instead of taking them..
out of my whole team, only 7 has rifles and is equipped for combat, the others, their rifles jammed or either went to Kaduna for servicing or permanently out of service.

In order to sound woke or informed, you guys tend fabricate things or make certain conclusions that you think is right which is actually wrong, endangering humans like yourself somewhere fighting for the survival of everybody.

I have a lot of things I still want to say.. but I will stop here cuz duty calls.
I'm sorry for your plight bro. That's why I said I may be wrong. You people are too quiet and that's why different opinions flying around. If you guys open up more, everyone will know the truth.
Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2018
SAI AtikuObi If Nigerians should tell themselves the Truth buhari should have been impeached since because he has committed Many impeachable offense
If Nigerians should tell themselves the truth buhari and APC by now shouldn't be talking about re-election
8yrs is not a must for any political office holder if you fail in your first term byebye let's try another person
If Atiku wins or any party presidential candidate wins and still messed up 2023 we show him the way out
Let's join hands and make this political office holders understand that 4yrs is enough to archive great deals
Hypocrisy is when Ambode was denied second term because he didn't perform and those same people who denied him of second term are still the same people singing buhari praise him who failed in every aspect
Until when Nigerians are ready to tell themselves the truthThere was 'scam' before Nigerians translated it to 'wayo'
Oyibos lie a lot
Meanwhile,
*ASK A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THIS HOT WEATHER CONDITION*
*Journalist*: What are your thoughts on this heat Nigerians are complaining about?
RESPONSES:
*LAI MOHAMMED*: this is the result of PDP’s misrule, they stole the ozone layer.
*FEMI ADESINA*: Mr. President promised us change and that includes change in temperature. CHANGE IS HERE, EMBRACE IT.
*AKINWUMI AMBODE*: We have signed a $10million deal with LG to install air conditioners across the Lagos skyline.
*IBE KACHUKWU*: I assure you the heat will disappear by 2pm,29th May.
*BUKOLA SARAKl*: Tinubu wanted the heat to be more than this but i opposed him, out of my love for Nigeria and that is why they are witch-hunting me.
*GOODLUCK JONATHAN*: This heat was not this bad when I left office/power but Nigerians did not appreciate me.
*ADAMS OSHIMOLE*: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala stole the N100 billion meant for temperature control Research.
*NASIR EL RUFAI*:
We are in talks with General Electric to see how they can generate power for Kaduna from the heat.
*RAUF AREGBESOLA*:
I have just approved payment of January salary so that Osun workers can buy hand fan.
*ALIKO DANGOTE*: Next week, we are commissioning the Dangote Fan Factory; by 2030 Australia will be buying fans from us.
*BEN MURRAY-BRUCE: *tweets* when Naira is weak and inflation is high automatically there will be heat. This is common sense.
*NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA*: Under t
Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by MrMicholo(m): 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
politics don consume our brain dsts yy u see nasty comments here...but wat is the true situation in baga....
To be honest with you sire, I don't know...
my AOR is in Maiduguri and due to the porousness in the military formation down here and the fear of boko haram infiltration into the army.. information like this dont just go around.. I'm just a lieutenant..
We sometimes rely on hearsay, rumors and social media..
but I know attacks has been going on in Baga against formations there.. and soldiers has been fighting to maintain their position... we've been placed on high alert and combat readiness for the past 4days... I cannot really give you any information now.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by GleestarsMag: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB0aJf2NQNk
MUST WATCH! Why We Cant Defeat Boko Haram - Nigeria Army Video Confession From Baga

#BokoHaram #NigeriaArmy #Lindaikeji #legit.ng #APC #PDP #NextLevel #GNWA2019

While President Buhari is Preaching #NextLevel. Full Video: President Buhari APC Presidential Campaign Flag Off Speech Is Campaign speech in Uyo flag-off rally.

Watch Now !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh5OaC738TQ

bukifemi1:

Naval fighters trapped in Baga Fish Dam

Army, Navy commanders flee to Monguno

Thousands flee to Maiduguri

Despite denials by the Nigerian military, Boko Haram fighters seized Baga, Doron-Baga, Kross Kawwa, Bunduran, Kekeno and Kukawa towns of Borno State after three days of fierce battles from Wednesday to Friday last week, Daily Trust learnt from impeccable military and political sources in Maiduguri yesterday.

All six towns are major population centres in Kukawa local government area of northern Borno. There are currently no Nigerian or Multinational forces in the areas, Daily Trust learnt from multiple sources last night.

The insurgents, driving in a convoy of more than ten fighter vehicles, used the main road from Kros Kawwa to launch coordinated attacks on Wednesday last week, December 26. They overrun the Multinational ‎forces’ headquarters, a naval fighting base and a Marine Police base in some of the attacked areas, the sources said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The insurgents first attacked a base of the multinational forces located in Mile Four (an area outside Baga town) at about 4pm and the military responded. Fighting took place till midnight after which the insurgents took control of the military base while our soldiers retreated. Commander of the multinational force, whose name was given as Brigadier General Hassan, was said to have escaped at night to a police base in Baga town alongside some of his men. The following day, Thursday, the Nigerian military deployed fighter jets between 6 to 7am, bombing the multinational forces base hoping to prevent Boko Haram from carting away weapons in case they didn’t do that the previous night. ‎The insurgents, said multiple sources, then attacked Mile Three, where the Navy had a fighting base, close to the military. The Navy was said to have put up stiff resistance but eventually lost control on Thursday. A commander of the base whose name was given as Air Commodore Degel escaped to Monguno.

On Friday, the insurgents moved to another naval base located about three kilometers north of Baga in an area popularly called Fish Dam on shores of the Lake Chad, through which imports and exports take place between Nigerians and Chadians. The naval fighters weresafeguarding Nigerian waterways which the insurgents occasionally attempted to usein order to attack communities. The insurgents took over the base after a fight, it was learned. About 40 naval fighters escaped on a ship and local boats through portions of Lake Chad to a village called Kaiga in the Republic of Chad, where they were received by Chadian authorities.

The navy fighters, sources said, tried to escape with weapons into the lake even though the insurgents may have had their hands on some. The insurgents entered Baga town and attacked a marine police station on Thursday. They however spared residents, saying they were after military and civilian JTF fighters. The insurgents gave civilians the choice to stay or to freely leave the town. Majority of residents numbering about 2,000 trekked sixty kilometres to Monguno using bush paths. Commander of the Multinational forces and members of the civilian JTF were said to have joined the residents, whose knowledge of the terrain helped the party to reach Monguno.

Daily Trust learnt that only a trailer driver was killed by the insurgents when he was seen carrying soldiers who jumped into the truck in an attempt to escape. It was not clear what happened to the soldiers.

Sources added that the insurgents were also in Doron-Baga where hundreds of residents fled through the lake on local boats. ‎The residents are said to be taking refuge in a border village under the control of Chadian authorities. On Friday, the insurgents made attempts to takeover the army’s 8th Brigade in Monguno town but the military repelled them. The insurgents however overran an army base in Kekeno (a town in Kukawa local government area), our sources said. The sources said the insurgents are currently in control of the six major towns in Kukawa making them in full control of the local government area with water ways accessing Chad. It was gathered that weak old men and women are currently trapped in the six towns even though majority have freely left.

Daily Trust reporters in Maiduguri said yesterday that of the tensof thousands of the residents of the fishing and farming communities that fled out of Doro and Baga, thousands still missing in the bush between Baga and Maiduguri. Thousands who made it to Maiduguri by both trekking and motor commuting have gathered adjacent to the popular Baga Road Market, Maiduguri, over the last couple of days, sleeping in the open, partly waiting for the possible arrival of their missing relations.

A Borno State Civilian JTF leader in Borno State told Daily Trust yesterday, “As I am talking to you now, you cannot find 300 residents in Baga and Doro and other communities put together.” He added, “Soldiers themselves fled from the Kukawa LGA communities (including Baga and Doro) to Monguno on Friday, but a military reinforcement was quickly mobilised there between Saturday and Sunday. While thousands have found their way to Maiduguri from Baga and Doro and surrounding communities, my members have reliably reported to me that no fewer than two thousand fled to Yobe State through through Damasak and Gaidam.

“The Divisional Police State at Baga is empty as the DPO and his men there fled because an insurgent happened to be arrested by the police and his fellow insurgents had vowed to get him out at whatever cost.This is the much I can tell you. Security there is very fragile and, if there are people there at all, they may not be up to 500 as at today (Sunday),” he said.

Since Saturday, the usually vehicle-packed space adjacent to Baga Road Market, Maiduguri has been heavily crowded by the fleers. Some of them recounted their ordeal to Daily Trust.”As I am speaking to you now, thousands of our returnees, including my father and mother and many of my family members and friends, are still missing in the bush between Lake Chad and Maiduguri,” Muhammad Bukar from Kangarwa near Baga said.

“The insurgents invaded our town on Wednesday,” Garba Adam of Doron Baga said. “When they came, they told us not to fear, that the town had now become part of Daula [Islamic State], and that whoever wished to stay as a resident of the Daula could do so and whoever wished to leave could also do so.So on Thursday, we left the town.Residents fled in different directions.”

Borno State Government, which was celebrating the rebuilding of communities and return of IDPs to the seized towns in Kukawa, has now been forced to establish new camps for displaced persons. The State Emergency Management Agency and humanitarian workers are engaged in settling displaced persons in camps with medical and food supplies. Displaced persons had earlier been resettled in 14 of the 20 local government areas once controled by Boko Haram. Over 30,000 homes, hospitals, water installations, schools and palaces of traditional rulers were rebuild before displaced persons returned.

The UN and other international development agencies were initially against the return of displaced persons until the Nigerian military gave assurances. Apart from Kukawa, 13 other local government areas where displaced persons returned are under the military even though there are reports of fears in areas like Bama, Ngala and Mobbar LGAs which were hitherto occupied as well.

Shettima hosts emergency security confab today

Due to the deteriorating security situation in northern Borno, Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State will today host ‎an emergency extraordinary security meeting in Maiduguri ‎to be attended by heads of security establishments, leadership of the Civilian JTF and hunters, traditional rulers and Borno elders. The state’s three Senators, 10 House of Reps and 28 state assembly members, selected chairmen and commissioners from local government areas affected by recent attacks, leadership of the University of Maiduguri and selected tertiary institutions, chairmen of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Nigeria Bar Association, Nigerian Union of Journalists, National Council of Women Societies and Nigeria Legion in Borno State are also expected to attend.

The governor’s spokesman Isa Gusau, who announced this in a statement issued on Friday, said the meeting will hold at 4pm during which participants will review the situation in view of recent developments, make suggestions and come up with a resolution that will be delivered to President Buhari by a delegation.

The state government and other institutions concerned by aspects of the resolutions will take necessary and immediate actions to implement them, the statement said.

Gusau recalled in the statement that Governor Kashim Shettima has on different occasions, including in recent weeks, met with President Muhammadu Buhari and other security stakeholders over matters of security in Borno State and the President has regularly proved his empathy, commitment and determination to end the Boko Haram crisis in order to create enabling environment for the aggressive rebuilding of destroyed communities, rehabilitation and resettlement of victims which the Borno government has been doing since 2015.‎

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/boko-haram-seizes-6-borno-towns.html

Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by Shawnnn01: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ganduri:

You are not only a pathetic human being but a senseless one. You are in your shanty posting this rubish, has it ever occured to you hundreds of thousands are not even allowed to sleep in their homes this xmas? In your empty twisted mind the best way to solve a problem is by denying its there abi? lets say you are suffering from cancer, in your stupidity, the best way to cure it is by denying its in your system or wishing it away? How empty and senseless can people get. If you were one of the Buhari relatives that just scammed Nigeria to raise money to buy controlling shares in 9mobile and Polaris bank I would truelly understand, but an empty broke barrel like you defending the most incompetent President and govt. we have ever seen is really a shame. You dont have any atom of dignity, if you did you would have kept quiet.
. I do not understand you Igbos logic, are you blaming Buhari for trying to solve a problem PDP created boos he is yet to succeed at that or simply blaming Buhari so that PDP that creates the problem can come back to power ? Which is which ?
Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2018
MrMicholo:

To be honest with you sire, I don't know...
my OAR is in Maiduguri and due to the porousness in the military formation down here and the fear of boko haram infiltration into the army.. information like this dont just go around.. I'm just a lieutenant..
We sometimes rely on hearsay, rumors and social media..
but I know attacks has been going on in Baga against formations there.. and soldiers has been fighting to maintain their position... we've been placed on high alert and combat readiness for the past 4days... I cannot really give you any information now.
thks for d info gallant and stay safe Sir...Gods grace to be victorious always

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by lorhema(f): 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
[left][/left]
MrMicholo:

Sad. We pray that the fear of God will make the people in authority do what is needed.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by sogodihno: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
zeromeridian:
Buhari and his APC have finished Nigeria.
I pray this man wins again.

Sai Babarians will eat from the dustbins
SW will gnash thier teeth in the next 4 years hoping Bubu will hand over to Tinubu.

The whole North and SW and Edo will be under the new caliphate lead by Boko Haram

The Jewish state of Biafra will cruise to victory as an independent state and would be stronger than it's enemies just like the state of lsrael.

continue dreaming Sir.
Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by Loveijaw: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
nwaanambra1:

taking over the whole north is a sure banker - in fact i will bet on two years time if the terrorist buhari win a second term.
Don't mind them, they think Igbo people will sit and wait for them to come to Igbo land and kill them, all out war.. let them keep dreaming..
Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by poseidon12: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
post=74314502:
We should intensify our effort in bringing this evil souls to an abrupt end.

We shouldn't focus on how Boko Haram started at this point, but we should talk more about the solution to it...

.....and for the Wailers that are happy about this news as usual, thus is for you evil people....

You wake up every morning and rush to social media in search of bad news of this nation,so that you will comment and share it among your friends.......but when you see the good news ,you pretend to be blind.
And every night you stay in one corner of your room praying to God to bless anything you lay your hands on in the same country 
Hmmmm!!! May God forgive and have mercy on you.
#May Our President Succeed 
#When Nigeria become great , you will surely see it

The abnormal ones like you that still support the evil and incompetent Buhari should join the Army and ask to be sent to Borno to help us end the Boko Haram menace. It's called working the talk. Stop making noise on social media.
Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by winningwinner(m): 8:58am On Jan 02, 2019
post=74314502:
We should intensify our effort in bringing this evil souls to an abrupt end.

We shouldn't focus on how Boko Haram started at this point, but we should talk more about the solution to it...

.....and for the Wailers that are happy about this news as usual, thus is for you evil people....

You wake up every morning and rush to social media in search of bad news of this nation,so that you will comment and share it among your friends.......but when you see the good news ,you pretend to be blind.
And every night you stay in one corner of your room praying to God to bless anything you lay your hands on in the same country 
Hmmmm!!! May God forgive and have mercy on you.
#May Our President Succeed 
#When Nigeria become great , you will surely see it

Can you help Nigerians by listing or posting the good news here to counter the bad news of the opposition? That will help us appreciate your accusation.
Re: Boko Haram Seizes 6 Borno Towns by bukifemi1: 10:44am On Jan 07, 2019
buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: We Will Resist Any Form Of Conspiracy Against Adeleke – Kwankwaso Wa / RMAFC Sets 2020 For Politicians Pay Cut / Open Grazing Not Banned In South-East, Our Governors Just Deceiving Us — Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.