Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,349 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 (16637 Views)

Pls Help!! My Snapchat Doesn't Work With My Data Except Wifi / White Texas Students Set Up ‘slave Trade’ In Snapchat Group Get Disciplined / How To Protect Your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Snapchat Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Simpubozz(m): 11:14am On Dec 31, 2018
Mizk:
grinIt is the app that brought alot of new madness to social media, it has done more harm than good, with girls craving to be lower animals, with ears, whiskers and fur, tongue out like a dog, flowers on thier hair like they're selling ugu leaves even able bodied men too cheesy, then the most annoying of all is the short video skit they make with it, good riddance to rubbish.
hahaha lools... those shitz were part of y i broke up with my former gf. I wonder y u would send me a pic or vid and it would b difficult to recognize u. Good riddance to bad Rubbish :p

2 Likes

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by fowlyansh181(m): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
well he should have sold it to zukerberg, facebook and google have a good reputation of growing small companies they buy!!(like whatsapp or android)
Unlike that company that uses the forbiden fruit as their logo!! Techcapon is shamzam still alive Ever since i heard apple bought it i knew the same thing that happened to beats by dre might happen to them!!
you think apple buys to grow ? Nah , they buy and use your technology and implement it to its company. Apple knew Bests by Dre was a passing phase , they bought the company and used its technology and implemented them into its phones and devices , go check an iPhone 8 and up sound , also apple sells AirPods, and Homepods , apple bought Shazam and implemented it into Siri , to search for songs, just pull up Siri and ask it “what song is this” . Apple also bought workflow and implemented it as the shortcuts app into iOS .. apple doesn’t buy to grow for the third party masses, they buy and integrate it into its ecosystem

2 Likes

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by babatrigga(m): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2018
Wetin concern me and snapchat

Abeg sheck below

Yvonne Nelson Calls John Dumelo A Fool After He Made A Joke About Bible Women

https://www.basenaija.com/2018/12/yvonne-nelson-calls-john-dumelo-fool.html
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Jabioro: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2018
7figuresalary:
Just like me the king of Nairaland...if I should make a demeaning remark about Nairaland; watch seun's fortune plunge south (from 4million+ users to 10thousand users)...But I'm not that heartless.
Nairaland site had taste many salty water,yet it survived .You can create your ulgly language to see if you are going to pull it down..Nairaland is purely "Oja Oyigbo" your absentsm is insignificant.

3 Likes

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Buffalowings3(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2018
Mizk:
grinIt is the app that brought alot of new madness to social media, it has done more harm than good, with girls craving to be lower animals, with ears, whiskers and fur, tongue out like a dog, flowers on thier hair like they're selling ugu leaves even able bodied men too cheesy, then the most annoying of all is the short video skit they make with it, good riddance to rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 31, 2018
Jabioro:
Nairaland site had taste many salty water,yet it survived .You can create your ulgly language to see if you are going to pull it down..Nairaland is purely "Oja Oyigbo" your absentsm is insignaficant.
Have u eaten today?
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Mizk(f): 11:31am On Dec 31, 2018
Simpubozz:
hahaha lools... those shitz were part of y i broke up with my former gf. I wonder y u would send me a pic or vid and it would b difficult to recognize u. Good riddance to bad Rubbish :p
You haven't seen that one that they make funny faces, so annoying.

5 Likes

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by femi4: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2018
Ugly app
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2018
DMerciful:
A small girl like Kylie almost a billionaire in $, the richest and the last born!
are you saying she is richer than Kimberly?
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by martineverest(m): 11:46am On Dec 31, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
well he should have sold it to zukerberg, facebook and google have a good reputation of growing small companies they buy!!(like whatsapp or android)
Unlike that company that uses the forbiden fruit as their logo!! Techcapon is shamzam still alive Ever since i heard apple bought it i knew the same thing that happened to beats by dre might happen to them!!
Google would have killed it
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by martineverest(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2018
Jarus:
Facebook either acquires or kills competitor.
Snapchat CEO killed snapchat
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by martineverest(m): 11:49am On Dec 31, 2018
Whobedatte:
Don't even know how the app looks like sef.
These are my social media apps in order of intellectual impact
Reddit
Quota
IG
Nairaland
redit is awesome
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by DMerciful(m): 11:56am On Dec 31, 2018
By far!
BabaOwen:
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by TechCapon(m): 11:56am On Dec 31, 2018
fowlyansh181:
you think apple buys to grow ? Nah , they buy and use your technology and implement it to its company. Apple knew Bests by Dre was a passing phase , they bought the company and used its technology and implemented them into its phones and devices , go check an iPhone 8 and up sound , also apple sells AirPods, and Homepods , apple bought Shazam and implemented it into Siri , to search for songs, just pull up Siri and ask it “what song is this” . Apple also bought workflow and implemented it as the shortcuts app into iOS .. apple doesn’t buy to grow for the third party masses, they buy and integrate it into its ecosystem
you're absolutely right. Beat by Dre pained a lot of people I tell you. Sony and Bose have taken over the headphone business

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Zieina(f): 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
Mizk:

I never use it. Never will. Too vain for me. I don't understand how grown ass adults do but to each her own. But what disgusts me the most is when men do.

3 Likes

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Zieina(f): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
BabaOwen:

Yes she is.

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by teepha: 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hmm...bobrisky market no go sell again
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by DONADAMS(m): 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
this is very true...I hardly see people talk about it or upload those annoying but sometimes beautiful pix unlike last year or the year b4...they are really going down..I just dey pity the CEO..tech business Sef no easy sha

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

On the 21st of February 2018, Kylie Jenner dropped a damaging tweet that caused a big damage to Snapchat. She tweeted. “sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore ? Or is it just me… ugh this is so sad.” Instantly, the company lost $1.3 billion in market value and it’s share dropped 6%. Not only that, the tweet went viral and bloggers had a field day launching more embarrassing attack on the company. Kylie Jenner used to be the queen of Snapchat but one tweet from her killed the company.

That is just a tip of the company’s long list of troubles. After the CEO of Snapchat Evan Speigel turned down a second offer from Mark Zuckerberg to sell the company in 2016, it looked like he made the right decision. Snapchat’s parent company Snap went public in March 2017 with a valuation of $24 billion.

After that, Mark Zuckerberg started copying some of Snapchat features an bringing them into Facebook. That move made Facebook a big threat and competitor to Snapchat. Ever since, Snapchat’s daily user seems to be on a steady decline and the company’s value as of December 2018 is less than $5 billion.

Adding insult to injury, Snapchat redesigned the user interface. A move that greatly angered it’s shrinking user base to the extent 1.2 million users signed a petition in protest. The users called the new design “annoying” and asked that the company goes back to it’s former design.
“The whole thing is an absolute mess ! People are not using Snapchat anymore and on top of that you’re getting a public celebrity backlash.” Says Scott Levy, CEO of social media company Fuel online. Instagram stories, which function exactly like Snapchat is attracting hundreds of millions of users worldwide.

“A lot of my friends are saying they’re going to delete it. The new design is so ugly and difficult to understand,” said Claire Patcher, a 16 year old student. It’s so obvious that the company did not do their homework properly. They are fast losing relevance in the industry and newer apps like TikTok are fast taking over. No one knows how the company plans to recover from this mess but one thing is certain. They should have sold the company when they had the chance. The year 2019 doesn’t look to bright for the company as Snapchat said in a statement. “The new design is here to stay.”

source:https://techcapon.com/kiss-of-death-why-snapchat-may-not-survive-2019/

L

I don't have Facebook, twitter or Instagram, and definitely not going to download Snapchat or whatever its called. Call me old school, but if I don't know since I was 6,then you are not getting in my circle of circles.

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Richie0974: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
Jabioro:
Nairaland site had taste many salty water,yet it survived .You can create your ulgly language to see if you are going to pull it down..Nairaland is purely "Oja Oyigbo" your absentsm is insignaficant.

So you didn't read the sarcasm in what he said undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by TechCapon(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
Bidobado1:

I don't have Facebook, twitter or Instagram, and definitely not going to download Snapchat or whatever its called. Call me old school, but if I don't know since I was 6,then you are not getting in my circle of circles.
the world is changing fast so you need to follow the trend. Join social media because it will help you
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Mizk(f): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
Zieina:

I never use it. Never will. Too vain for me. I don't understand how grown ass adults do but to each her own. But what disgusts me the most is when men do.
Same here.

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Delivar(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
Mizk:
Must you criticize everything? What's wrong with the girls having fun with those filters? Your comment is a load of rubbish.
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Ufedolove: 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
Honestly, I don't know what the snapchat logo looks like not to talk of its interface. I will never use that app.

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by bluefilm: 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
This is none of my business.
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Mizk(f): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
Delivar:

Must you criticize everything? What's wrong with the girls having fun with those filters? Your comment is a load of rubbish.
I don't expect you to reason beyond your capacity, have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by meobizy(f): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2018
So, does anyone still open Skype anymore?

1 Like

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by boujeeassnigga(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
Whobedatte:
Don't even know how the app looks like sef.
These are my social media apps in order of intellectual impact
Reddit
Quota
IG
Nairaland
U mean Quora right?
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
Mizk:
I don't expect you to reason beyond your capacity, have a nice day.
FaTALITY, FLAWLESS VICTORY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by mayprince(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
One of 2019 predictions.
You can view and post more predictions here

https://www.nairaland.com/4933144/what-predictions-2019
Re: Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 by Maxitona00: 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2018
Am beginning to love Snapchat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways To Prevent Your Phone From Getting Stolen At A Nigerian Wedding / Tecno Spark ; Unboxing And First Impression / MTN Set To Increase Goodybag Bundle Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.