Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family (16794 Views)

My Skin Is Getting Bad and discoloured.Advice Needed(photos) / My Wife Is Getting Me Angry / Have 'Good' Sex With Your Pregnant Wives - Nigerian Lady Advises Men (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mindfulness:

Nobody has argued that polygamy wasn't the order of the day. Go and re-read the conversation again. Then make sure you can back up your points by numbers before you ask me for any.

My answer was specifically to your question where I said Women were solely contented with being a caregiver back in the day & I even gave a reference to an Ad back in late 90s. I said give me a reference that Majority of women were actually complaining back then . I can agree that one or two women may be complaining, but they were just very small in number & insignificant.

Since you don't want to accept the reality for what it is, no problem. Happy New yr. Bye bye.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Rozaytee: 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
Johnbosco1:
Wonderful piece by OP, if I may...

One of the greatest reasons why we have broken homes I must say, is LACK OF TOLERANCE AND PASSION TO BECOME EVEN that is so prevalent amongst mothers. It has become a Pandora's box with cans of Worm inside that is so much eating up marriages and it seems everyone has failed to comprehend it.

Besides the terrible state of our country which I believe contributes to the rate of broken marriages, mothers on the other hand, seem to have forgotten how important they are to their Children. They have neglected the most important bond on earth, "mother-child-bond".

While I was growing up, I could point out so many irresponsible men that have had successful marriage because of the breed of awesome women(wives) they had. But today, the so called "responsible men" are having a hard time in making it to a successful five years in marriage, let alone the irresponsible ones. But why is that?

I spoke to a lady who the husband had accused of cheating and her response to me was in the light of this "yes he cheated on me with my best friend and I felt the need to become even, so I cheated on him with his best friend too". What the heck! What's even more annoying, was that she had with her, their four and six year old kids who were being cuddled by their father while she explained her part of the story to me. I was speechless. I felt ashamed, not to talk more, disturbed. This experience made me rethink in a heartbeat about those days as a child when I watched Mom and Dad argue(never about cheating) and I felt that Dad was always at fault, that there was no shred of guilt, whatsoever on mom. Was my discernment really fair on Dad at those moments? Or was I being sentimental because of this "mother-child-bond" that binds Mom and all of my Siblings together? Whether or not these were the right thoughts at that point in time was not my problem.

While the behaviors of the parents have an impact on their child(ren), mothers however, have been known to have the greatest impact. In fact, a family without a mother has had a hugh vacuum no one would ever fill for a very long time if not forever. Children tend to capitalize and act more on their mother's behavior so easily than they will with their father.

Irresponsibility among fathers have always been but what we see now is nothing close to being irresponsible. They are pure "proud fakeass efekefe ungrateful yawoyawo overstylish fathers" who find it so hard to say "thank you" to their wives after eating a meal prepared by them.

It pains me so much when I see many cute couples' pre-wedding and wedding photos on Nairaland/others just to realize that they may not live up to those "early love, trust, happiness and vow" in a few years to come. Weeping.... Someone please get me a hanky...hmmmm....wiping my nose, then eyes....

I am sad. I sometimes feel scared of what the future holds. Should I remain single? Should I join the click of men that are producing "babymamas upandown"? No way! I love kids and I can't stand the thought of them not enjoying both their parents simultaneously like I did. I still do. And if my Mum and Dad can do it, I sure as hail can, even better.

If you are reading this, this is challenge to you. Others have failed doesn't mean yours will. You can do better. You are far better than them. I wish us courage, real love, trust, "our significant rib". I wish us well.

PS. LETTER TO MY DEAR FUTURE WIFE!!!

Dear future wife,

If you are reading this, I promise to give you all the love and attention in the world that I can possibly give plus 100% of my vow.

Please kindly cross my path IF you are ready to give all to me.

Yours future Hubby,
Johnbosco

Nice
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
hero2000:

I am not trying to scare you but statistics say those who come from broken homes have higher chances having broken families themselves. So you have to do the proper things to ensure you don't repeat it.

This is statistics. it is not bound to repeat itself.
Yea, it is not bound to repeat itself and it wont repeat itself

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
hero2000:

I am not trying to scare you but statistics say those who come from broken homes have higher chances having broken families themselves. So you have to do the proper things to ensure you don't repeat it.

This is statistics. it is not bound to repeat itself.
Yea, it is not bound to repeat itself and it wont repeat itself. my elder ones have been married 4 over 10 years and we are from same home so i know it wont repeat itself
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Ugosample(m): 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mindfulness:

Same applies to people who are from the so called intact but dysfunctional families.
yep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Wife Give Her Inheritance To Her Husband? / Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.