Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,322 members, 7,864,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter (18580 Views)

Kwam1's Spokesman, Kunle Rasheed, Writes On Ex-Drummer, Ayankunle Ayanlowo / Cubana Chief Priest Writes On Hope Uzodinma , Davido Reacts / Regina Daniels Writes On Trust As She Shares New Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2018
clefstone:
Why should this abomination be put on nairaland frontpage. Fela created a genre. Bob Marley, MJ, Johnny Cash; these are the people you mention in the same sentence with the great Fela. Compare your WizKID with Davido and Burna boy
wizkid should be compared with davido not burnaboy angry
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by phaphyz05(m): 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
Have u seen the movie "the visitor" ? Fela is a world class pioneer, an idol at that...well it's coming from twitter. An average news from twitter is either as fake as the man in aso rock or just rantings of a deluded being.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Elexdallas(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2018
enemyofprogress:
just say you hate his music because of the tribe he came from

Wizkid is still Yoruba,
Davido My favorite Yoruba.
My Mom Yoruba.
So forget tribe....
So don't think I am been tribalistic.
Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion....
I am more Yoruba than Igbo and no single ibo friend,
so stop thinking i am like any of here always killing self on tribe
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by QuietHammer(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2018
HellVictorinho:

Jeez,it was a rhetorical question so why are you that vexed? And I wonder why people can be as blunt as you are.Fela is a legend but should everyone be a fan? At least you know what makes people to enjoy listening to WizKid and the fact that someone made an outburst shouldn't cause you to be illogical.Fela and WizKid shouldn't be compared but I decided to type that question because Fela has been hailed as one of the greatest ever.I know Fela wasn't a vocalist but he usually gets to be celebrated like he was good at everything. undecided
Alright. My apologies
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Elexdallas(m): 4:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

Guy I be Ibo but I must tell u the truth. Osadebe no near fela. Fela is forever a legend. The only person I can compare with fela in Africa is lucky dude. Stop been sentimental. Go back n listen to his songs. Osadebe only sing to praise rich ppl and collect money from them. Fela pass message.

Good for you
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Otsam(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
Jayslicky:
Wizkid better than fela shocked shocked with the nonsense he sings like oya soco soco soco soco soco soco soco baby o oy a gbe fun lo po lo po lopo oya gbe fun baby o, please I can't laugh the guy is high on codeine.

Don't blame the kid, all they know is beat not lyrics when it comes to music. Even the beats, they cant classify if melodious or not they just want to dance like crazeman that fela sang about.
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by maigemuu: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
MZEE01:
I wonder how some people will always forget their sense and tweet nonsense like nobody is following them.

I blame twitter for granting enough space for people to tweet more than the 140 characters long.

I could remember that only the sensible people could tweet and shrunk events of predigested gnomic wisdom into little space.

I pray God should bring back the old twitter.

#RestInPeaceNewTwitter

evident the chord that connect guy's brain to reasoning has been disconnected. wizkid only sings about love, sex and women.

it have do abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
kirkwood:
Like singing Fever for Tiwa Savage or Pointless songs like Soco, Malo.

Wizkid is just a kid. He sings according to his brain capacity.
Yeah well, wizkid started singing as a teenager barely out of high school.
Fela started singing after having a family and a career.
They definitely can't be singing about the same things. Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by femi4: 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2018
Elexdallas:
wizkid is far better,
I don't see fela as a musician,
He is always singing off tune,
If you won talk of 90's musicians, Just talk of Osadebe dem.
Fela song is noise, but Yoruba like am shaa..
you don't even know what is called a string ......I m not surprise
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by femi4: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
mynairaland2018:

Yeah well, wizkid started singing as a teenager barely out of high school.
Fela started singing after having a family and a career.
They definitely can't be singing about the same things. Lol!
do you know the definition of lyrics
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by 2DADDEY: 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
cool
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by enemyofprogress: 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hmmmmmm

can you marry a woman that already has a sun?
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by alabo1: 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2018
Elexdallas:
wizkid is far better,

Your statement shows you don't even know the meaning of the word musician. Fela is noise? May the Gods forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
femi4:
do you know the definition of lyrics
I was just responding to the age being an obvious difference. Wizkid does some meaningless party songs (like soco he said he was not inspired by anything but dancing). There was somewhere in the song he even recorded himself chewing lol, funny enough those ones become hits. But there are other songs like fake love & joy dt have meaning.

I can't even compare Fela to anyone in this new generation because yes they work hard on rhythms but depend so much on producers. Fela was an instrumentalist. He studied playing different instruments and combined them to come up with his signature music. He wasn't loved because of his voice, he didn't have a great voice but he was a Jazz god. Dts why he was recognized internationally.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Jrevelation(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
The truth

Dela is first truth teller

He reveal problem of naija
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Gazzy88(m): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Say no to drugs!
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by tryluv69: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2018
osogbo weed working
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by papascode: 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
Fela is a prophet and musician, wizkid is only a singer. Can wizkid play any instrument?
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by janettee(f): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
tallfish145:
children of indomie generation

Okay, Mr coconut head..
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by sulakishop(m): 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
Oponu aye rada
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Geekaydon: 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
lol....I don't like fela....but you shouldn't compare WizKid...and to those saying fela fought for something so he is a legend...forget it..all he fought for with his music are still happening... so forget WizKids meaningless songs and compare the records and fame...WizKid and davido have achieved all felas music school and playing several instruments couldn't achieve...u think boluwatife and imade won't create shrines for their dads too after they are gone?? fela is wack.....Nigeria is still bad..new school boys decided to neglect it and live their life...if na u nko
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by philsbaba: 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
Elexdallas:
wizkid is far better,
im sorry to say bro. You do not know anything about music. All over the world, fella is known as a legend. He is the founder of Afro genre. He writes his songs, composes his instrumentals. He doesn't have a producer. He writes his instrumentals note by note.

Who is wizkid without a producer?? The likes of osadebe that you mentioned are learners besides fela when it comes to this music we're talking about.

You might dis agree, but ask somebody who is knowledgeable about music. They will tell you better.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Getdowntobiznes: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
HE WANTS TO TYPE 'F.E.L.A. foolish elect loot.. Atiku'.
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by MUSAPLC: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
How ?
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by goodnewscliff(m): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

l
Fela is a name of person,animal grin,place or thing
best response for 2018 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by TheStarsAlign: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2018
clefstone:
Why should this abomination be put on nairaland frontpage. Fela created a genre. Bob Marley, MJ, Johnny Cash; these are the people you mention in the same sentence with the great Fela. Compare your WizKID with Davido and Burna boy

Your head is there
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by israelmao(m): 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
How I wish Wizkid had begun his musical career in the days of Buhari and Abacha as military heads of states then he had such gut that Fela had in confronting them!
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by ruggedtimi(m): 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
lol u cnt even listen to holla at your boy right now, but fela’s song still leaves on 40yrs after

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Realtol(m): 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
I want to believe the fellow has never listened to any song of Fela. Leave him, let him continue to expose his ignorance.
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
Lol
Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by Olumeme: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
It's just like saying fernandinho is better than sedorf

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Is Better Than Fela - Man Writes On Twitter by diteh(m): 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
I know Fela but who or what is this Wizkit he is talling about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Karen Igho And Denrele Edun At The MTV Base Party / Who Is The Sexiest In Nollywood? / Don Jazzy: " I Be Like Upcoming Artist, I Wan Win Next Rated"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.