Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Stalemate! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stalemate! (845 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stalemate! by topup: 2:54am On Aug 08, 2010
So there's this guy, who supposedly liked me 2 years ago, and we've been friends since, throughout all this time, he has never asked me out on a date, or made any moves, fair enough he's winked at me once when he was tipsy in a dark club, and I had flirted back, but there's been no real effort to either a: make it obvious he's not pursuing other women or b: that he is very interested in me.

Now, I read the book "He's just not that into you" AND watched the movie, though this is the 21st century, I am not the type to force any guy into anything BUT I can't help but think, he's young (a few months younger than myself) AND he's a little shy, but shy or not, there are ways you can make it obvious that you like someone, and it extends beyond complimenting their shoes and outfit, it extends further than just smiling at them or hinting at a friendly get together. For all I know, at a dinner I went to recently, he could have liked any of the girls out there (and maybe he does).

I guess this is just a rant, some guys are quite spoilt for choice, they've forgotten how to make a move on a girl who isn't ALL out there and flirty.

OR HEY!! He just doesn't care LOL!!
Re: Stalemate! by Pweety4me(f): 3:24am On Aug 08, 2010
Lolz yea. . .but y don't u just ask him? tongue
Re: Stalemate! by topup: 2:24pm On Aug 08, 2010
Pweety4me:

Lolz yea. . .but y don't u just ask him? tongue

I don't know really, I ask if I'm willing to follow up on it, I like the guy, not sure I want to be throwing everything aside if he happened to respond and say yes, with guys, most rarely say no to dating you, especially if they think you're good looking, but a guy who shows interest and can make that clear is always more desirable, I know what I want, not sure if he does.

I think he probably is undecided, there are probably other women he's interested in, and though I understand that that is the typical human being (no one fancies just one person) I'd at least like to be at the top of the list. wink

Thanks for your response, I thought I might have gone a rant too far.
Re: Stalemate! by 1105(f): 2:43pm On Aug 08, 2010
Aww, embarassed so good to see topup in love~
Re: Stalemate! by oYaTo(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2010
Co-incidentally the movie was on dstv 'bout an hr ago. . cool

Just let him know how you feel. .and hope he doesn't take advantage of you. . undecided
Re: Stalemate! by chelseabmw(m): 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2010
Hmmmmm
Re: Stalemate! by topup: 1:22am On Aug 09, 2010
Thanks all!! Fingers crossed!!

Lol, 190. Topup in love? Is that a comedy or drama or something undecided? Haven't seen it either.
Re: Stalemate! by Pweety4me(f): 1:28am On Aug 09, 2010
topup:

I don't know really, I ask if I'm willing to follow up on it, I like the guy, not sure I want to be throwing everything aside if he happened to respond and say yes, with guys, most rarely say no to dating you, especially if they think you're good looking, but a guy who shows interest and can make that clear is always more desirable, I know what I want, not sure if he does.

I think he probably is undecided, there are probably other women he's interested in, and though I understand that that is the typical human being (no one fancies just one person) I'd at least like to be at the top of the list. wink

Thanks for your response, I thought I might have gone a rant too far.

Not @ all. . .dat's just wat u feel your expressing urself. . .dat's gud many ladies don't know how 2 & r very confused about themselves so it's gud 2 know that u know wat u want & your sure of wat u feel.

Don't u know any1 dat knows him?they might be able 2 give him so info on him?
Re: Stalemate! by 5p1naz(m): 2:57am On Aug 09, 2010
maybe he really is not just into u. . .  but i am undecided undecided undecided. . . h0lla
Re: Stalemate! by topup: 4:22am On Aug 09, 2010
Pweety4me:

Not @ all. . .dat's just wat u feel your expressing urself. . .dat's gud many ladies don't know how 2 & r very confused about themselves so it's gud 2 know that u know wat u want & your sure of wat u feel.

Don't u know any1 dat knows him?they might be able 2 give him so info on him?

See, I do!! My close friend, when she used to be best friends with him (and was only a distant friend of mine), she used to hint me and drop his name in conversation all the time, telling me that we should really get together etc, she was convinced he liked me (I wasn't), and another friend says that he talks about me in my absence and he highly regards me, recently, when he found out that I would be moving cities, he said he was disappointed, he wanted to 'hang out' with me more in the near future. And once when we were playing the oh-so-mature game of truth or dare, he picked me out of all my friends as the one he could actually marry etc, but he mentioned that he is put off by girls with lots of girlfriends, and I have a strong group of 4 amazing ladies (my downfall tongue). I don't know really, he doesn't know what he wants, and I def don't spend another moment considering those type of guys, some people have mentioned that maybe I should make the move, but I'm not convinced, and even though I'm female, I can still guard my heart really well, avoid me falling in love with someone who's "just not that into me". smiley

Anyway, I would like some unbiased information someone, like the question about marriage was asked whilst I was there, I would like some info when I'm not around when his guard's down.

I think he's not really moved to make a move, I know he has mentioned that he is really considering having a serious relationship soon, but at times, I just think that he's just a friendly nice guy who appreciates nice girls.

5p1naz:

maybe he really is not just into u. . .  but i am undecided undecided undecided. . . h0lla

Very possible.
Re: Stalemate! by deniyor: 4:33am On Aug 09, 2010
He liked you two yrs ago. I'm guessing you refused him, and he resigned himself to being just your friend (probably at ur request too). Why would he put himself out there again. If you like him, its your turn to put yourself out there.
Re: Stalemate! by topup: 4:42am On Aug 09, 2010
deniyor:

He liked you two yrs ago. not confirmed by anyone, not even himI'm guessing you refused him,I had a boyfriend, and he liked someone else too and he resigned himself to being just your friend (probably at your request too). Why would he put himself out there again. If you like him, its your turn to put yourself out there.

When it's made that simple, it's obvious what I should do.

I know most of you want a Nollywood plot, but I'm not really one for throwing myself out into the deep end for a guy who is uncertain about me. I am not stuck in fairytale land, I know knights don't come and whisk princesses away, but is it too much to ask for a guy to just make it clear how he feels about you.

A week ago, I hinted, I told him that the reason why my friend was asking him what he thought about me a while ago, is because I told her I had a crush on him. Any guy would have taken that as their queue to at least probe further.

He didn't say a thing. Didn't even ask me if I still liked him. Bummer lol!!
Re: Stalemate! by 5p1naz(m): 6:01am On Aug 09, 2010
if you talk to him and he says he's n0t interested, it'd be one of 2 things (basket mouth) its either your [size=14pt]ugly[/size], or like i said earlier. . . he's [size=14pt]not[/size] just into you. . .

but if u fine, me i dey for u ooo. . . undecided undecided
Re: Stalemate! by Pweety4me(f): 6:05am On Aug 09, 2010
@top-up hmm i see. . .but r u ready 4 anyfin serious now?do u like him so much?or just curious?

your a lil scared right? tongue

I understand how u feel doe. . .but if he didn't like u do u think he would agree 2 anyfin?unless perhaps he had some other aim?
Re: Stalemate! by deniyor: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2010
We tend to make things more complicated than they really are. For one, you will appreciate how it feels for guys when they put themselves out there for you girls to turn down. That aside, this is the 21 century. Tell out point blank you like him. If he is not interested in you, he should say so. But no lies or deceits.

And for your info, don't give hints to most men. Tell them outright what you want cos we are not programmed to understand the women folk hints.
Re: Stalemate! by Omolola1(f): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2010
Let him know how u feel, it doesnt mean u re throwng urself at him, u re just bn honest,he might jst be feeln d same way
Re: Stalemate! by kilakhan(m): 11:30am On Aug 10, 2010
@Poster
typical naija babe moves. you like the guy (OBVIOUSLY or you would not post this) but yet you do not want to make a move on him. now you are looking to blame him for not making a move, "there are ways you can make it obvious that you like someone, and it extends beyond complimenting their shoes and outfit, it extends further than just smiling at them or hinting at a friendly get together".
if he makes the move you will end up giving him a hard time for quite sometime and leave the poor boy wondering why he ever made the move in the first place. a no win situation for the guy if you ask me!

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Pregnant For Her Ex-boyfriend / See Wat Happens Btw A Guy And A Girl On Facebook,no Doubt / Ladies Bras Padded And Push Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.