Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely (54697 Views)

Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany / Nigerian Lady In Italy For 30 Years Blasts Nigerian Embassy In Italy / Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by erico2k2(m): 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
Beautyaddy:

The Asians do not care about Africans.

They are only using Africans to somehow increase their financial power to somehow hopefully think they can overtake the west some day...even though that will be a very difficult tasks...and as long as the dollar and the pounds remains the dormant currency of the world.
I recon U should re-read what I wrote that you quoted please!
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by ogundeleai(m): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
Many rush down here in anticipation that development will be connected to Buhari especially on negative side
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
erico2k2:

YOU did not answer my question, or did you mix me up with someone else There is a single factor that gaused the stand off,Im asking if you are aware or you are just following the bandwagon of those who want something to complain about or comment about .
PS waht is this rubish about my brothers in the US? have you seen teh Indians?or the people of china when it comes to fraud i n teh US? or the mexicans?
who is complaining. The fact that there is a “ stand off” as you mentioned means there is a disagreement. I can start to question your comprehension ability. Why would you compare Indians, Mexicans and Chinese to Nigeria. Can you compare their positive impact to Nigeria’s. The fact remain Nigerians are more nuisances !

1 Like

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by SAconnect247: 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ask Atiku and PDP
gr8tone:
What's so special about America?
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by nextstep(m): 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Huh, I don't see how you are right about that statement. Seems you are contradicting yourself.

You just stated that China is getting stronger weekly and yet China is not immigrant-friendly to foreigners and they also have a wall.

The wall was supposed to keep people out, yet China got overwhelmed by the Huns, and later by Europeans...
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2018
erico2k2:

You missed the argument again, my statement was delibrately made short so I point directly to waht I meant, let me re phrase it, waht I was trying to say is simple, Population does not amount to power !
During the World War, the Japs sacrificed 5001 sucide kawakaeee if spelt right they only sank one manchant ship and a carrier.
NB the US had gone beyound Nuclear!

I didn't miss a single argument. You were reading what you want to see. I don't argue, I debate like one of my friends would say. I know where you are coming from and tactically shelling out my point but you can't see my view. Hence thinking I'm in argument.

Population is a factor in military engagements. Because sometimes at a free strike zone, there will be more casualties at the side with more cohesive population. USA breached the code during the war by taking the wars to cities after the attack from Japan on Pearl Harbour.

I read where President Harry said he ordered military engagement on the military base in Hiroshima but I will not buy into it. There was 300k+ in the town and the bomb claimed 140k+. How many people were conscripted into military then.
Meaning the higher number of the casualties were from the civilians, collapsed building, radiation, people who died from shock. USA should have been on the receiving side if Japan had known before hand because USA had more dense population. Meaning it's relatively easy to carry out attack on them, but they had over 60million active personnel as that the time of the war and Japan's total population is 71million...And you said Population is not power right. You must be joking.

I can confirm with near accuracy, that USA had the highest military personnel as at the world war 2. So where is the population is not power coming from. Before you even can enter the cities, you see strong positions being mounted by the USA armies.

You can Google how many USA civilians died during the war and see the little results you receive. Little even if none.

And the US airforce used the Nuclear power on the citizens population in Japan. I remembered even watching a documentary on the Einstein's equation and the influence on world war and majority of the people affected said they never expected it.
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by erico2k2(m): 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
majekdom2:
who is complaining. The fact that there is a “ stand off” as you mentioned means there is a disagreement. I can start to question your comprehension ability. Why would you compare Indians, Mexicans and Chinese to Nigeria. Can you compare their positive impact to Nigeria’s. The fact remain Nigerians are more nuisances !
you are one of those who dont even know why there is a stand off.let me ask you, who did Trump say was going to pay for the wall they where building at teh mexico boarder? if you know this answer you would have succefully gained branny points in comprehension!
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by ibinaboonline: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
Let him use his money to build it, na. Wetin be $5bn to him?
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by naira0(m): 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
That's what electoral promises are all about...Going out of your way to fulfil them or prove to the electorate that at least you made good efforts. This goes contrary to what obtains here where our leaders easily chicken out at the slightest resistance.

As for Oga Trump, thanks but no thanks.
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
Here is a LEADER saying he wants to FULFILL his campaign promises, and the Congress men and women are saying NO, he should take it easy.
Meanwhile, NIGERIA is the OPPOSITE.
We beg our EEDIOTS to fulfill theirs....
We even remind them their LIES
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by justwise(m): 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Here is a LEADER saying he wants to FULFILL his campaign promises,
and the Congress men and women are saying NO, he should take it easy.
Meanwhile, NIGERIA is the OPPOSITE.
We beg our EEDIOTS to fulfill theirs....
We even remind them their LIES

Why is Mexico not paying for it?

1 Like

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by erico2k2(m): 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
Possessedchild:

I didn't miss a single argument. You were reading what you want to see. I don't argue, I debate like one of my friends would say. I know where you are coming from and tactically shelling out my point but you can't see my view. Hence thinking I'm in argument.

Population is a factor in military engagements. Because sometimes at a free strike zone, there will be more casualties at the side with more cohesive population. USA breached the code during the war by taking the wars to cities after the attack from Japan on Pearl Harbour.

I read where President Harry said he ordered military engagement on the military base in Hiroshima but I will not buy into it. There was 300k+ in the town and the bomb claimed 140k+. How many people were conscripted into military then.
Meaning the higher number of the casualties were from the civilians, collapsed building, radiation, people who died from shock. USA should have been on the receiving side if Japan had known before hand because USA had more dense population. Meaning it's relatively easy to carry out attack on them, but they had over 60million active personnel as that the time of the war and Japan's total population is 71million...And you said Population is not power right. You must be joking.

I can confirm with near accuracy, that USA had the highest military personnel as at the world war 2. So where is the population is not power coming from. Before you even can enter the cities, you see strong positions being mounted by the USA armies.

You can Google how many USA civilians died during the war and see the little results you receive. Little even if none.

And the US airforce used the Nuclear power on the citizens population in Japan. I remembered even watching a documentary on the Einstein's equation and the influence on world war and majority of the people affected said they never expected it.

Im not going to derail this topic hence my short answers however
The US did not have more military popluation than than Japs rather Alied forces where more than the US
The Japs had more personel ie the 5001 where kawakaees,human bombs thiw was inclussive marine and air,
a true state of population versus science is Isreal and its neighbours,the Uk and the east etc I can go on n one but tharts argument 4 another day.The fact remains, science always prevail over population .In 1945 germany had 22,000,000 while teh USA has 12,209,238 as military of some sort
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by erico2k2(m): 10:36pm On Dec 31, 2018
justwise:
[b]

Why is Mexico not paying for it?
Good question
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2018
naira0:
That's what electoral promises are all about...Going out of your way to fulfil them or prove to the electorate that at least you made good efforts. This goes contrary to what obtains here where our leaders easily chicken out at the slightest resistance.

As for Oga Trump, thanks but no thanks.
What are you talking about, who did he say was going to pay for the Damn wall?
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by rexwalters: 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
Righteousness89:
America has not had it this Great in a Long while!

I Salute President Donald Trump! This is how every person elected as President should Be....

Preserve your Citizens first before others!!
Trump is a Failure 3 Federal government shut downs in 1 year,support Nancy Pelosi & Apc for progress.
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by rexwalters: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2018
erico2k2:

What are you talking about, who did he say was going to pay for the Damn wall?
Atiku Abubakar with his border expertise as a retired customs officer and pdp said Niger,chad will build the wall up North, and Benin Republic will build the one in the south.
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by erico2k2(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
rexwalters:
Atiku Abubakar with his border expertise as a retired customs officer and pdp said Niger,chad will build the wall up North, and Benin Republic will build the one in the south.
have you taken ur medication

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
Very misleading topic

1 Like

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
rexwalters:
Trump is a Failure 3 Federal government shut downs in 1 year,support Nancy Pelosi & Apc for progress.
[/s]U know nothing sir!
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
DanjaNinja:

Oga, please explain to me how America has never had it this great?

Oh btw, I live in America...
If u like live in White House! You decided to be in Water and have Soap in your Eyes
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
Techsupport:

Spewing thrash from your hamlet..... what do you know that is going on there
[/s] u are the ones who go there to mess yourself up! What has the man done to u!

I Salute President Donald Trump and all he is doing In the USA...
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
Originalsly:

Really?... so if the next President of Nigeria is Yoruba.... you want him to crack down on all Igbos?.... pressuring those here to leave/live in fear and prevent others from entering Nigeria?...but allowing Yorubas to enter freely...and give them support? Adolph Hitler had the same mindset.
[/s] Look at the Mirror and say to yourself all u just said ..
After that ask yourself if u made sense!
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
yinka10:

Great indeed, with over 800 000 fed govt workers not getting paid doing the holidays, why shut the government down over funding for the wall he said Mexico will pay
You speak from one side of the Mouth!
Government being shut down does not mean people are not paid!

You can't have people rushing into a Country in the name of immigrants or Caravans...

Do you know there are United States nationals without jobs!

My brother Everyone should fix his/her Country!
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
CoolAmbience:

Lol.

Someone dey mess up you dey hail am.

He thinks running a government only entails lording it over people like it obtains in the private sector?

There isn't so much sense in such investment in an economy that has become the most indebted in the world.

I think it's a 'lazy' idea around securing a country. What are the most secured countries in the world? Do they have enemies? Have they erected fences to block their enemies? Can fences be pulled down? What is the sustainability of fencing? What is the cost benefit analysis around fencing as opposed to investING $5billion into a different project? Will he also fence the airspaces?

[/s] if your President has done half of what President Trump has done on Immigration we won't be here accusing Libya, Sudan , Nigeria and chad of Invading our land!

The Truth is bitter.... And The USA under Trump has faced the Truth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
erico2k2:

Im not going to derail this topic hence my short answers however
The US did not have more military popluation than than Japs rather Alied forces where more than the US
The Japs had more personel ie the 5001 where kawakaees,human bombs thiw was inclussive marine and air,
a true state of population versus science is Isreal and its neighbours,the Uk and the east etc I can go on n one but tharts argument 4 another day.The fact remains, science always prevail over population .In 1945 germany had 22,000,000 while teh USA has 12,209,238 as military of some sort

Get your statistics right. Germany had germane input in the war so you expected them to go all out. Germany was a key actor. They however had 13million contrary to your 22mill. Also USA never had intent of going to the war not until the attack of Japan on Pearl Habour. And they could mobilize 12million. Imagine if they now had intention to go all out like others. And presently again USA has highest military strength.

And read more on it, USA had more military population than Japan those days.

Meanwhile I didn't say Science is not paramount to successfully placing the enemy in discomfort zone. But I maintain that population is as well paramount.

What attributed to Holocaust, was it science ? And that was the greatest record of mass death in Word war 11.

You know how much Germany and collaborators are gainst the European Jews.

Science without population can't stand test of time. No country has risked that. There is strength in numbers.

Population without science can stand test of time though not for long, Germany had that against Jews.

But the best is to combine the two, Science and Population...USA strategy of today. They have the highest military strength and ONE of the best scientific...

1 Like

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
CoolAmbience:

That's not true.
[/s] Are u sure u following World events?

Just day before yesterday China dropped another set of tariffs!
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
Timil:
All the ex US president has been preserving every citizen of the states likewise citizens of other countries in the states, you Nigerian folks should stop hailing Trump.

Many of my American friends aren't happy with his government.
only non Americans are not happy with trump! Let's not DECIEVE ourselves
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by DanjaNinja(m): 11:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
Righteousness89:
If u like live in White House! You decided to be in Water and have Soap in your Eyes

Typical empty response of one who has nothing meaningful to say.

You made a statement about America never being this better until Trump..I asked you How? And your response was to hurl insults without providing any meaningful response or context. Smh.

And the sad part, you don’t even live in America. You have no idea on the reality on ground, yet you have an opinion based on what? Ignorance? Smh.

Na Poverty of the mInd Dey worry you. Biko go and buy fuel and charge your phone.

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by yinka10: 12:07am On Jan 01, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s] u are the ones who go there to mess yourself up! What has the man done to u!

I Salute President Donald Trump and all he is doing In the USA...

Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 1:42am On Jan 01, 2019
yinka10:

What do u Expect from cnn? Does CNN have any good news about President Trump!

Face Reality on ground bro.... The USA is having it great like they have not had in a long while!

The Country is working for its people first!
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by Righteousness89(m): 1:43am On Jan 01, 2019
[s]
DanjaNinja:

Typical empty response of one who has nothing meaningful to say.

You made a statement about America never being this better until Trump..I asked you How? And your response was to hurl insults without providing any meaningful response or context. Smh.

And the sad part, you don’t even live in America. You have no idea on the reality on ground, yet you have an opinion based on what? Ignorance? Smh.

Na Poverty of the mInd Dey worry you. Biko go and buy fuel and charge your phone.
[/s] very Unreasonable from you young man!
Your Poverty Releax , Rest and Dwell in you ...

You are in a nation not yours and u wanna dictate what should be done !

If u don't know how to appreciate GOD for the privilege given to u there, then come and be with Buhari!
Re: US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely by luluman: 1:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Earthbound:
America can go screw itself! China for the win, baby!
China is not even saying that to U.S .Who send you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria / Artillery Flyover In Port Harcourt At Night (Pictures)) & ((Video) / Trailer Crushes 10 School Children In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.