Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country (1336 Views)

Benin Republic Deports Many Nigerians (Video, Photos) / How Young Nigerians Are Investing To Leave The Country / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by tstx(m): 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
How much would the population of Nigeria change if everyone who wanted to move to another country actually moved where they wanted?

Based on interviews with nearly half a million adults in 152 countries between 2015 and 2017, Gallup gauged the potential net gains and losses to a country’s adult population by subtracting those who would like to move out of a country from those who would like to move into a country.

The news isn’t good for Nigeria, as the study showed that more people want to leave this country than actually come to it. We’d be looking at a total net migration of 46%.

In the sub-category of youth, Nigeria would be down another 57%.

How many people want to leave Nigeria vs how many people want to live here:

It’s estimated Nigeria would lose 46% of its population if citizens could pick and choose where they stayed. What this means is if Nigerians could actually pick and choose where they stayed, 54% of Nigerians would choose to stay while a whopping 46% will choose to leave. Put simply, an estimation of 92 million people would leave the country, bringing the total population to 107 million. In comparison to the rest of the world, Nigeria didn't perform well either, the country was ranked among the bottom 10.

Countries that would gain the most citizens
Would-be emigres are favouring New Zealand , and it’s by some distance. The Oceanic country would see its population rise by 231% if everyone got their chance to switch borders. According to the Potential Net Migration Index (PNMI), Singapore, Iceland and the UAE would see numbers soar by more than 200%, whereas Switzerland completes the top five.

1. New Zealand : +231%
2. Singapore: +225%
3. Iceland : +208%
4. UAE: +204%
5. Switzerland: +187%
6. Australia: +178%
7. Kuwait: +169%
8. Bhutan: +162%
9. Canada: +157%
10. Luxembourg: +131%

Countries that would shed the most citizens
On the flip side, there’s also the places where almost everyone wants to leave, but no-one wants to go. Sierra Leone tops the list from data made available, which would see a whopping 70% loss in its net emigration.

Haiti, Liberia and Congo would all see their population slashed by more than 50%, whereas Nigeria completes an infamous bottom five – having the unwanted distinction of being more unpopular than Syria.

1. Sierra Leone: -70%
2. Haiti: -63%
3. Liberia: -60%
4. Congo: -50%
5. Nigeria: -46%
6. Syria: -44%
7. Kosovo: -42%
8. El Salvador: -40%
9. Guinea: -36%
10. Senegal: -34%

Read More: https://listwand.com/emigration-data-reveals-how-many-nigerians-want-to-leave-the-country/
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by Kenekingisback: 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
Buhari sef grin
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by duduade: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
Mistake o.. Go back and re-evaluate, I bet you 99.8% of Nigerians want to leave

4 Likes

Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by mercenary: 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
Even Buhari wants to leave Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by Beautyaddy: 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
tstx:
How much would the population of Nigeria change if everyone who wanted to move to another country actually moved where they wanted?

Based on interviews with nearly half a million adults in 152 countries between 2015 and 2017, Gallup gauged the potential net gains and losses to a country’s adult population by subtracting those who would like to move out of a country from those who would like to move into a country.

The news isn’t good for Nigeria, as the study showed that more people want to leave this country than actually come to it. We’d be looking at a total net migration of 46%.

In the sub-category of youth, Nigeria would be down another 57%.

How many people want to leave Nigeria vs how many people want to live here:

It’s estimated Nigeria would lose 46% of its population if citizens could pick and choose where they stayed. What this means is if Nigerians could actually pick and choose where they stayed, 54% of Nigerians would choose to stay while a whopping 46% will choose to leave. Put simply, an estimation of 92 million people would leave the country, bringing the total population to 107 million. In comparison to the rest of the world, Nigeria didn't perform well either, the country was ranked among the bottom 10.

Countries that would gain the most citizens
Would-be emigres are favouring New Zealand , and it’s by some distance. The Oceanic country would see its population rise by 231% if everyone got their chance to switch borders. According to the Potential Net Migration Index (PNMI), Singapore, Iceland and the UAE would see numbers soar by more than 200%, whereas Switzerland completes the top five.

2. Singapore: +225%
10. Luxembourg: +131%

Countries that would shed the most citizens
On the flip side, there’s also the places where almost everyone wants to leave, but no-one wants to go. Sierra Leone tops the list from data made available, which would see a whopping 70% loss in its net emigration.

Haiti, Liberia and Congo would all see their population slashed by more than 50%, whereas Nigeria completes an infamous bottom five – having the unwanted distinction of being more unpopular than Syria.

1. Sierra Leone: -70%
2. Haiti: -63%
3. Liberia: -60%
4. Congo: -50%
5.Nigeria: -46%
6. Syria: -44%
7. Kosovo: -42%
8. El Salvador: -40%
9. Guinea: -36%
10. Senegal: -34%

Read More: https://listwand.com/emigration-data-reveals-how-many-nigerians-want-to-leave-the-country/

You see...all is not lost with Nigeria. Majority of Nigerians still choose to stay in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by MrGreenMavro: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
This report is so fake

Nigeria should be number 1 on the list
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by Beautyaddy: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2018
duduade:

I don't think so.
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by NNEWIsuper: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
duduade:
correct man
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by NNEWIsuper: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
if buhari is giving the opportunity to leave he will even choose to leave behind his 150 gay cows
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
√√
2. Singapore: +225% √√

√√
√√
°¶
√√√√√√√
10. Luxembourg: +131% √√√√√

All these countries without USA is incomplete.
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by tstx(m): 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
1. New Zealand : +231% √√ 2. Singapore: +225% √√ 3. Iceland : +208% √ 4. UAE: +204% √ 5. Switzerland: +187% √√ 6. Australia: +178% √√ 7. Kuwait: +169% °¶ 8. Bhutan: +162% 9. Canada: +157% √√√√√√√ 10. Luxembourg: +131% √√√√√

USA is living in past glory
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
√√
2. Singapore: +225% √√

√√
√√
°¶
√√√√√√√
10. Luxembourg: +131% √√√√√

About saying this
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2018
tstx:

USA is living in past glory
Please tell me more
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by tstx(m): 9:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ajet001:
Please tell me more
Wait... I'm coming
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by labani06(m): 9:40am On Jan 01, 2019
grin I am very sure i am among the 46 % that are going to jet out of this country may Allah help me i really wanna leave

1 Like

Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by tstx(m): 11:37am On Jan 01, 2019
labani06:
grin I am very sure i am among the 46 % that are going to jet out of this country may Allah help me i really wanna leave

Baba... Me too oo

2 Likes

Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by tstx(m): 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
cheesy
Re: Emigration Data Reveals How Many Nigerians Want To Leave The Country by globalresource: 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2019
99 percent

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Emigration , So Far So Long / Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless / Urgent Visa Questions: Submitting Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.