Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State (9559 Views)

Another ‘radio Biafra’ Station Goes On Air - The Cable News / Another ‘radio Biafra’ Station Goes On Air As FG Arrests Suspected -The Cable / Lagos: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by crownie(m): 9:09am On Aug 10, 2010
so far, no one has answered the question of 'how a lay man can access its usefulness' or 'how he can personally benefit from it', as in the bus driver!, if you know well about, then go ahead-makes us know and understand, i believe this is a good thing to happen to Lagos, but it becomes a bad thing when only the top class ones can make use of it.period!
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by idifu(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2010
it's a gud thing sha but he should have done this longtime ago and not now that it is almost election time, i hope this is not another means of campaigning for second term sad?
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by dlox01(m): 10:20am On Aug 10, 2010
why cant we NLanders behave like civilized pple? go to other fora and u'll see what i mean. now first and foremost, not everybody is tech savvy, even in oyinbo land. like heck, a significant number of them dont even know how it works. thanks @paddylo for your contributions so far, @babapupa try and explain, not abuse. besides the only point u've made clear so far is that u are quick to insult pple. but like someone said, how are u going to explain the benefits to the market woman at oshodi?

YOU dont know these people, they purposly ask such questions to frustrate n make a mockery of you,thats all. They can answer some of these questions and need not ask. If lagos provides free food to the poor they would ask how it affects the rich,if they build a road at VI they would ask how it affects the poor(like the ground had a sign on it saying, 'im allegic to poor feet') its mind games, and its a normal thing here now for people to throw insults coz NL has no face!~!!
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by tpiah: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2010
some people, when they hear that phrase "eko o ni baje", it just triggers something in their brain and sends them into a frenzy.

especially when they know the opposite holds in their hometowns.

bad belle is the bane of nigerians.

some people will use their own jealousy to better develop their place, while others do nothing but gripe and whine in some kind of self-defeating narcissistic and paranoid funk.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by Manofsteel(m): 11:46am On Aug 10, 2010
What are the benefits ?
Try to think outside the box. The technology is NOT for u. Its for them, the LASG. One of these days you'll all be forced to wear GPS chips 24 hrs a day probably in the palm of your hand. Its way better than CCTV. Fashola will be able to monitor all lagosians' location from one base station. The police can arrest a criminal, kidnapper, tax-dodger or political rival in seconds.
Prince charles and his sons already have on each embedded in their bodies so they can never go missing.
Its only a matter of time before you get yours courtesy BRF. Lol !
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by Mariory(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2010
Question. Are bus drivers and market women in oshodi the only people that inhabit Lagos?

What about civil servants, doctors, nurses, teachers, construction workers, security agencies, ambulance staff, bankers, bussiness men and women, secretaries, hotel staff, manufacturing staff, delivery companies, electricians, engineers, taxi drivers, architects, IT professionals and others, other health staff, journalists, insurance professionals, real estate workers, the self employed, e.t.c?

Are bus drivers and market women the driving force of the Lagos economy?
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by babapupa: 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2010
dlox01:

why cant we NLanders behave like civilized pple? go to other fora and u'll see what i mean. now first and foremost, not everybody is tech savvy, even in oyinbo land. like heck, a significant number of them dont even know how it works. thanks @paddylo for your contributions so far, @babapupa try and explain, not abuse. besides the only point u've made clear so far is that u are quick to insult pple. but like someone said, how are u going to explain the benefits to the market woman at oshodi?

YOU dont know these people, they purposly ask such questions to frustrate n make a mockery of you,thats all. They can answer some of these questions and need not ask. If lagos provides free food to the poor they would ask how it affects the rich,if they build a road at VI they would ask how it affects the poor(like the ground had a sign on it saying, 'im allegic to poor feet') its mind games, and its a normal thing here now for people to throw insults coz NL has no face!~!!

Babapupa posted the response below,

Better than joining the ignorants and illiterates like you if you ask me

I don't even know where to start from, but let carry out my civic obligation by helping out the ignorants .

Urban planning

Scientific investigations

Resource management

Reference, and projections of a geospatial nature--both manmade and natural

Asset management and location planning

Archaeology

Environmental impact study.

Infrastructure assessment and development

Criminology

Marketing

Logistics

Population and demographic studies

Prospectivity mapping; location attributes applied statistical analysis; warfare assessments; and other purposes.

Calculate emergency response times and the movement of response resources (for logistics) in the case of a natural disaste

To find wetlands that need protection strategies regarding pollution

Can be used by a company to site a new business location to take advantage of GIS data identified trends to respond to a previously under-served market.

Most city and transportation systems planning offices have GIS sections.

All available via Google

Don't be lazy, seek info and educate yourselves,

Babapupa answering question about Oshodi bus drivers below

The Oshodi bus conductors are prob' the greatest beneficiaries of the GPS system since they spend their days on the road, they get real time traffic information to help them plan their trips or reroute based on GPS traffic information, this saves time, money, manpower and productivity of our people trying to get to work, saves fuel and helps the environment.

What more do you want from me? I've explained the effects of the GPS on your average market woman directly and indirectly. How ever you get your goods and supplies (by land, sea and air) you are benefiting from the GPS system, or as usual, you can not read and comprehend. And was the system available when your mom was trading?

Bus driver or no bus driver, market women or no market women, the system benefits you on a daily basis directly or indirectly. What about Taxi drivers, caterers, delivery people, fishing companies and other boaters, trucking and logistics, law enforcements, protection of good and properties, The application is limitless.

Now about your market women question? What if the market woman have no need for a GPS device? Cars are very important in our lives but a lot of people don't drive or even own a car, still it doesn't mean they are not indirectly getting the benefits of the GPS system via their business and other co-lateral applications.

It's a known fact that the GPS saves time and increases productivity and the market women getting her supplies on time or getting real time information about her goods from a GPS equipped vendor prob' have no clue what a GPS is, but she is some way some how benefiting from the application.

What more do you want from Babapupa? What question have I not answered?

Maybe you missed the above responses, but obviously, I answered all their questions. I answered all their questions.

Even after answering all their questions, are they still not asking the same silly questions like retards.

What you're missing is the fact they don't give a dam/n about your answers, their own questions and the GPS itself, the idea is to badmouth, trash and display bad bele by any means necessary and I have no problem qualifying them based on their actions.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by babapupa: 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
crownie:

so far, no one has answered the question of 'how a lay man can access its usefulness' or 'how he can personally benefit from it', as in the bus driver!, if you know well about, then go ahead-makes us know and understand, i believe this is a good thing to happen to Lagos, but it becomes a bad thing when only the top class ones can make use of it.period!

See what people are still hopping on? Even after answering this and other questions.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by babapupa: 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
Mariory:

Question. Are bus drivers and market women in oshodi the only people that inhabit Lagos?

What about civil servants, doctors, nurses, teachers, construction workers, security agencies, ambulance staff, bankers, bussiness men and women, secretaries, hotel staff, manufacturing staff, delivery companies, electricians, engineers, taxi drivers, architects, IT professionals and others, other health staff, journalists, insurance professionals, real estate workers, the self employed, e.t.c?

Are bus drivers and market women the driving force of the Lagos economy?

I don't know about these folks I swear.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by babapupa: 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
Manofsteel:

What are the benefits ?
Try to think outside the box. The technology is NOT for u. Its for them, the LASG. One of these days you'll all be forced to wear GPS chips 24 hrs a day probably in the palm of your hand. Its way better than CCTV. Fashola will be able to monitor all lagosians' location from one base station. The police can arrest a criminal, kidnapper, tax-dodger or political rival in seconds.
Prince charles and his sons already have on each embedded in their bodies so they can never go missing.
Its only a matter of time before you get yours courtesy BRF. Lol !

This is not only stupid and retarded, it's very comical,
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by marcus1234: 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by phantom(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2010
shame to all the 'lagos haters', why shouldnt lagos be part of this?afterall all the roads and schools are world standard and water flows in every home.wat else is there to spend money on?wicked people, bad mouthing every thing about lagos.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by tpiah: 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^you sound like an illiterate.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
phantom:

shame to all the 'lagos haters', why shouldnt lagos be part of this?afterall all the roads and schools are world standard and water flows in every home.wat else is there to spend money on?wicked people, bad mouthing every thing about lagos.
Are you afraid to speak your mind?  Just give us your opinion on the GPS station. undecided
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by phantom(m): 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
@tensor, i take you didnt read through all the posts here, @tpia, as usual youve done wat ure known for, lol
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by tpiah: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^yes, i'm known for not sugar coating i.diocy.

you do sound like an illiterate.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by phantom(m): 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
tpia, i ve been on this forum long enough to know you do not matter here.i,like many others here have absolutely zero respect for you.believe it or not there are opinions of a few people i and many others respect here.you are definitely, i repeat DEFINITELY NOT one of them,
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by tpiah: 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^PLEASE cry me a river!

do you need tissue!

since you are as invisible as a gnat imo, why should i expect any kind of s.tupid recognition from you?

with your extremely backward and illiterate mentality?

you flatter yourself too much!
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by phantom(m): 7:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
learn from someone like katsu moto, who will bring a knife to a gunfight and most likely come out alive.sadly,someone like you takes a gun to a knife fight and will most likely come out in a body bag.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by tpiah: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2010
phantom:

learn from someone like katsu moto, who will bring a knife to a gunfight and most likely come out  alive.sadly,someone like you takes a gun to a knife fight and will most likely come out in a body bag.

first put your mama wey no train you in a bodybag.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by phantom(m): 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
lol, and i tot bkbabe was the worst.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by tpiah: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
your problem, not mine.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by lekside44(m): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2010
enough of these fackals.

who says the market women cannot use a gps system? you will be surprise that when the time comes, the devise will be as comely used as a mobile phone. at least i was proved wrong with the advents of the mobile phone. i felt that these devices will be so complex that only the high tech people will use it. but what do we have these days, mallams, meat sellers, market women naming it are all using it. what the actually need is a bit of orientation and training. at least they all use the home address system to navigate their way now. why wouldn't they use the gps then?
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by babapupa: 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
lekside44:

enough of these fackals.

who says the market women cannot use a gps system? you will be surprise that when the time comes, the devise will be as comely used as a mobile phone. at least i was proved wrong with the advents of the mobile phone. i felt that these devices will be so complex that only the high tech people will use it. but what do we have these days, mallams, meat sellers, market women naming it are all using it. what the actually need is a bit of orientation and training. at least they all use the home address system to navigate their way now. why wouldn't they use the gps then?

In their minds, market women and bus drivers are stu/pid, dumb and no good illiterates just like them. They are all self defeatists and they don't believe in themselves and other people. They lack the capacity to think forward like 21st century human beings.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by Jakumo(m): 6:20am On Aug 11, 2010
Ladiiiiies and Gentlemennnn, the winner of this Third Annual Becomerich Satellite Heavyweight Championship bout in Caesar's Palace Lost Wages, by unanimous decision, is the one and only WORLD CHAMPION, Bubba Pooper, of the GPS fame !
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by babapupa: 6:51am On Aug 11, 2010
Jakumo:

Ladiiiiies and Gentlemennnn, the winner of this Third Annual Becomerich Satellite Heavyweight Championship bout in Caesar's Palace Lost Wages, by unanimous decision, is the one and only WORLD CHAMPION, Bubba Pooper, of the GPS fame !

Hang on to your day job, you su/ck major a/s/s at comedy. Ignorance looks way way better on you, abeg wear it with pride.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by Jakumo(m): 6:54am On Aug 11, 2010
Oh well, I guess I'd better keep my day job then.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by bkbabe97y(m): 7:00am On Aug 11, 2010
babapupa:

Hang on to your day job, you su/ck major a/s/s at comedy. Ignorance looks way way better on you, abeg wear it with pride.

You know I thought to myself "Damn, this Jakumo dude's jokes suck major balls. . . . " undecided
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by Jakumo(m): 7:04am On Aug 11, 2010
I know, I feel so unworthy. I really do deserve a public execution for that one. At least my dogs love me, so I have something to live for.
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by bkbabe97y(m): 8:17am On Aug 11, 2010
Jakumo:

I know, I feel so unworthy. I really do deserve a public execution for that one. At least my dogs love me, so I have something to live for.

Geez, another bomb! You really do suck at this . . . . . undecided
Re: Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State by labiyemmy(m): 8:31am On Aug 11, 2010
We announce the release of our August 2010 Nigerian maps for Garmin GPS devices, for symbian mobile phones, for windows Mobile operated units, for Chinese made GPS and many more.

These are not hacked maps as are being peddled about on NairaLand and in China- these maps are the best you can come about in the country and in Ghana as we speak.

Unique features of these maps are:

Each points of interest on our map now includes the address and the phone number where appropriate - example- if you want to go to XYZ hospital - immediately you search for the hospital and finds it, you will see the address and the phone number- in case of emergency, you can then call them up and get them on alert pending your arrival.

We now have the GPS route you to specific house numbers instead of the intersections of streets hitherto-
(House numberings available for Lagos and Abuja)

We now bundled the Nigerian map with Ghana maps as well as the interconnecting routes. Plans are under way to have Togo and Benin street maps as well.

Please note that these are copyright Third Dimension Technologies maps- not one hacked map by one jobless man.

For more information -

email: alabiyemmy@3dtechnologies.org
info@3dtechnologies.org

+234 805 579 4269
+234 703 694 9019.

Almost 250 cities covered to street level and more coming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How GEJ/Yaradua Spent $67Billion / Give Us Light Now : Enough Is Enough / Certificate Saga : Buhari May Be Right. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.