Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him (551 Views)

DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials / Sanwo-Olu Bars LP Deputy Governor Candidate From Visiting Train Accident Victims / Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by Ecstasy154(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2018
The Nigerian Prison Service has barred friends and family members from visiting Deji Adeyanju in Kano prison.

The order came after a meeting between the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau and officials of the Nigerian Prison Service.

Deji was rearrested and charged for culpable homicide by the Nigerian Police, over a case said to have been decided upon by the Kano State High Court in 2009.

On Friday, December 21, 2018, he was remanded in prison custody after a Kano State magistrate court declined jurisdiction to hear the case. Meanwhile, on the same day, a high court in Abuja had ordered Adeyanju's immediate release from detention, a directive that was ignored by the Police.

A source close to the prison service revealed that the order was handed down after the Minister got a report that some members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), popularly known as Shi'ites, visited the activist in Kano prison.

It was gathered that some of the clerics from the sect paid a solidarity visit to him on Christmas Day, a move some people in government are said to not be comfortable with.

With this new directive by the prison officials, family members and friends will not have access to celebrate the beginning of 2019 with him.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/12/31/prison-officials-bar-deji-adeyanjus-friends-family-visiting-him

Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by Vickym1(f): 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2018
Say no to tyranny in Nigeria democracy undecided apc is known for witch hunting.
Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by yarimo(m): 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
yarimo:
grin grin grin grin
Hey Chairman smiley
Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by KillTheZombies: 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2018
Politically motivated trials do not usually make headway.
If I were deji I remain strong, definitely I remain strong and when I eventually come out, I'll use the popularity I've garnered during my political incarceration to contest for a popular post like Federal house of reps and then win. When I win, I'll make sure I spend my political power opposing every bastard that had a hand in my political incarceration.
Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by Cigo1(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
Lies, Lies and more lies..
Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by LibertyRep: 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
Did I just read that the case has been decided way back in 2009?

Who would have thought that those whose pastime was criticizing and hauling invectives at the government while in opposition wouldn't be able to take a fraction of what they did now that they are in power.

Deji should be strong as power is transient
Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by Racoon(m): 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
Tyranny upgraded to next level.Guess it will be the turn of some zombies sometime someday.He that rides on the back of the tiger will always ends up in its belly.
Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by Metuh: 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2018
LibertyRep:
Did I just read that the case has been decided way back in 2009?

Who would have thought that those whose pastime was criticizing and hauling invectives at the government while in opposition wouldn't be able to take a fraction of what they did now that they are in power.

Deji should be strong as power is transient

The dude was declared free and acquitted by the court of law then.

Buhari must rule us for the next level abeg. grin
Re: Prison Officials Bar Deji Adeyanju's Friends, Family From Visiting Him by bubu2019: 3:06am On Jan 01, 2019
bubu is making this guy a hero. deju be strong ,Nigerian Mandela

(1) (Reply)

NGO To Drag Police To UN Over Melaye / I’m A Prophet Sent To Liberate South-east, Ngige Claims / Buhari Approves N161bn For Nigerian Tertiary Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.