Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,279 members, 7,822,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 (2838 Views)

No Nigeria Armed Forces Officer Has Attain The Rank Of Field Marshal / No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram / Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Missy85(f): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2011
Due to the mindless violence that xterise the voting experience in the country, there are very few legitimate voters in Nigeria.

Come polling day, the vast majority simply stay at home, draw their curtains, and nervously monitor local news to see what violence has broken out in their area & what additional precautionary measures they need to take to  protect their family.

In a city of 500,000 people of voting age, less than 10% will go out to vote on pollling day.

INEC, sponsored political thugs, and the police work hand in hand to enter phantom voting numbers, on the orders of powerful 'big men' from Abuja or the relevant state capital.

Cant understand why anyone gets worked up about 'elections' in this country. Genuine elections? no, a classic nigerian farce? Absolutely.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by johndoe200: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2011
More noise from a dinosaur, whose time has passed. Buhari should go back to his town and try and live quietly in his old age.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85:

Due to the mindless violence that xterise the voting experience in the country, there are very few legitimate voters in Nigeria.

Come polling day, the vast majority simply stay at home, draw their curtains, and nervously monitor local news to see what violence has broken out in their area & what additional precautionary measures they need to take to  protect their family.

In a city of 500,000 people of voting age, less than 10% will go out to vote on pollling day.

INEC, sponsored political thugs, and the police work hand in hand to enter phantom voting numbers, on the orders of powerful 'big men' from Abuja or the relevant state capital.

Cant understand why anyone gets worked up about 'elections' in this country. Genuine elections? no, a classic nigerian farce? Absolutely.

Back in 2007, I asked over and over how people came to the conclusion that the election was massively rigged and that could be the only reason we would have gotten Yar adua, a virtual unknown one day become president the next. I got insulted from all corners. It is 2011 again -- a new man in charge of INEC, one supposedly working hard to clean up the system, yet we have the same Nigerians claiming, without sufficient evidence again, that the elections are being rigged.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Gbawe: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2011
johndoe200:

More noise from a dinosaur, whose time has passed. Buhari should go back to his town and try and live quietly in his old age.

So he can make way for the young protege of the numerous old hands that have ruined Nigeria?  Buhari is no less fit to be President because of his age and anyone truly democratic at heart will understand this . Wether you know it or not , you use the word "dinosaur" wrongly and totally out of context. It is the "do-or-die" backers of Jonathan , like Anenih, who are "dinosaurs" with how they go around bullying and threatening everyone in an undemocratic and nearnderthal manner. Buhari, in recent years, has been nothing short of the image of democracy. You should go and ask the AGIPs (any Government in  power) who now back Jonathan fervently where they were when GEJ needed their backing against the cabal determined to prevent him from being sworn in as acting President. In contrast go and review Buhari's role in that saga and you may see clearly those who deserve the tag "dinosaur"
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by matazzmagi(m): 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2011
Since colonialists did not care about the people, they often jammed autonomous, independent nations together into these artificial units. Often they knew that the people could not coexist together as one Nation but simply yoked them together for their selfish ends. This is how Nigeria came into being, through the instrumentality of Fredrick Lugard and his concubine who actually choose the name nigeria,
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2011
^^^^ Abegi, spare us the bull! It is 2011, time for you to maybe stop blaming your issues on people and tackle your reality already. undecided angry
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by fstranger1: 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2011
LET US BREAK UP

I AM READY TO FIGHT FOR ODUA TOKAN TOKAN

ABe wetin sef!

NIGERIA BREAK BREAK BREAK IJN!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by matazzmagi(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
So how are you going to tackle your reality on the ground tell me since 50yrs of genocide no arrest hav been made  its been going on for yrs not 2day take it or leave it its better to kill the fire when its still burning low not when the hole area is on fire. Nigerians example of  typical blackman /african mentality always last at everything too lazy to use their head well. If nigeria is  funtioning well compare to south africa that have advanced equipment and invest in there securities abuja bomb and jos bomb will never happen if they plan to attack intelligence will block them carrying out their terror on innocent lifes shine your eyes!!!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Missy85(f): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2011
The situation is what it is. It's lazy blaming Luggard in 2011.

It's highly unlikely a break up will happen soon, if at all. I suspect Hausas & prob Igbos will be against - the latter will be very concerned about losing vast investments in the north. Yorubas prob have no urgent need for a break-up, though voices of discontent will increase were Lagos to come under sustained terrorist acts foe example.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by vedaxcool(m): 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2011
What a lot of Ignorant "I want Nigeria to break Sympathizers"  do not know is that this country cannot break without a fight, there will be fight for territory, fight resources, fight for everything worth fighting for,. When this Ignorant dooms day prophets proclaim their nonsensical thinking you wonder whether they think they are safe if the break happens. I have a friend who happens to live in Lagos, when we spoke about the prospect of Nigeria breaking he told me categorically that he had marked people from a particular ethnic group that in such event he would kill them and  collect their property, I laughed it out just to make it a joke to myself but he was not kidding at all. So dudu brains that wish Nigeria fall apart be prepared to face death in such events of not only u but your family/friends. such a prospect is better imagined than lived.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by fstranger1: 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2011
^^^^

WE Will all die

We might as well die fighting for our freedom!

We do not need cowards like you.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2011
matazzmagi:

So how are you going to tackle your reality on the ground tell me since 50yrs of genocide no arrest hav been made  its been going on for yrs not 2day take it or leave it its better to kill the fire when its still burning low not when the hole area is on fire. Nigerians example of  typical blackman /african mentality always last at everything too lazy to use their head well. If nigeria is  funtioning well compare to south africa that have advanced equipment and invest in there securities abuja bomb and jos bomb will never happen if they plan to attack intelligence will block them carrying out their terror on innocent lifes shine your eyes!!!

The way I see it, the typical BLACKMAN PROBLEM is we lazy around when it comes to problem solving. What we do best is complain about the problem year in, year out. We never actually get to the point where we AGRESSIVELY tackle the problem or even get people to solve it for us, but we somehow skip over to the point where we conclude the damage is irreparable.

This happens to be what you and so many millions out there have already done in this case.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by fstranger1: 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The way I see it, the typical BLACKMAN PROBLEM is we lazy around when it comes to problem solving. What we do best is complain about the problem year in, year out. We never actually get to the point where we AGRESSIVELY tackle the problem or even get people to solve it for us, but we somehow skip over to the point where we conclude the damage is irreparable.

This happens to be what you and so many millions out there have already done in this case.

You sitting your fat arse in obodo-oyinbo is actually helping solve our problem.

Typical Nigerian brain, never taking responsibility.

You go back to Nigeria, then we will take you seriously, instead of sitting your arse in Chicago, enjoying the best safety and security Obodo-oyinbo has to offer!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by vedaxcool(m): 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

^^^^

WE Will all die

We might as well die fighting for our freedom!

We do not need cowards like you.

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE WILLING TO LEAVE YOUR OWAMBE LIFE AND DIE?
FREEDOM, I DID NOT KNOW ODUDUAWA WAS IMPRISONED  grin. GOOD LUCK FREEING HIM  cheesy.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by T9ksy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2011
LET US BREAK UP

I AM READY TO FIGHT FOR ODUA TOKAN TOKAN

ME 2 !

There has never been One Nigeria and there will never be One Nigeria. So Ayatollah Buhari, wtf?
infact, its good news (if there's no nigeria after 2011) 'cause we have been perambulating ever since the brits lumped us together and reluctantly granted us independence, 50 yrs ago but not without "putting a spanner in the works".
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Xomba(m): 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
May be Buhari means his party wil be no more in 2011.Wel lets wait nd see by d end of 2011
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Jan 08, 2011
^^^ read the article!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by fstranger1: 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
vedaxcool:

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE WILLING TO LEAVE YOUR OWAMBE LIFE AND DIE?
FREEDOM, I DID NOT KNOW ODUDUAWA WAS IMPRISONED  grin. GOOD LUCK FREEING HIM  cheesy.

What a dunce

We want freedom from Nigeria, Id!ot!

Whether you like it or not Nigeria is going to break up. We might as well do it amicably, and,   remember :“those who make peaceful break-up impossible make violent break-up inevitable"
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by vedaxcool(m): 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

What a dunce

We want freedom from Nigeria, Id!ot!

Whether you like it or not Nigeria is going to break up. We might as well do it amicably, and,   remember :“those who make peaceful break-up impossible make violent break-up inevitable"

Dullard it read those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable not break up. Whether you like it or not Nigria is going to outlive ou, yes after we for positive change have thrown statless criminals like yourself in cell. One thing Morrons like yourself do not know is this:
1. Nigeria remains the most important country in west Africa.
2. A violent breakup will cause refugees of epic proportions which can destabilize other west Africa country.
3. Multinationals organization like shell will definitely not allow their investment go down the drain without stagging a coup or something.
4.Our importance to the international community is far too important than you fable oduduwa republic, we remain important source of oil to the west hence any disruption cannot be tolerated especially now that oil prices are high a failed state will lead to an escalation of oil price. This the same reason the Yankee have not bombed the hell out of Iran, they need stability in oil prices. and believe me they will do what is necessary to maintain the status quo. But a foolish man like yourself who has no use for his brain cannot think beyond destroying the country, If you happen to have a cancer would u destroy your entire body or remove the damaged organ, Eh! Twiddle dumb. Guess that is too difficult for you to answer.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Jakumo(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2011
Sadly, Ayatollah Buhari is suffering from the advaced stages of penile syphilis, which he contracted from a nocturnal liaison with a dead camel, but even worse, what remains of his brain has, due to this grievous illness, shrivelled down to a microscopic size small enough to be dislodged and vented out of his bony cranium via his enormous ears, should the slightest wind blow when he is outdoors.   

Ayatollah Buhari's hysterical ranting and issuance of daily ultimatums are all well known medical symptoms of his severely debilitated physical and mental condition.  I submit this disclosure with bitter tears in my eyes, knowing that my favourite punch-bag will soon be fertilizing the desert soil of his goat herding village, for the rest of all time, and after LOSING ten consecutive presidential elections in a row.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by aljharem(m): 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2011
Jakumo:

Sadly, Ayatollah Buhari is suffering from the advaced stages of penile syphilis, which he contracted from a nocturnal liaison with a dead camel, but even worse, what remains of his brain has, due to this grievous illness, shrivelled down to a microscopic size small enough to be dislodged and vented out of his bony cranium via his enormous ears, should the slightest wind blow when he is outdoors.   

Ayatollah Buhari's hysterical ranting and issuance of daily ultimatums are all well known medical symptoms of his severely debilitated physical and mental condition.  I submit this disclosure with bitter tears in my eyes, knowing that my favourite punch-bag will soon be fertilizing the desert soil of his goat herding village, for the rest of all time, and after LOSING ten consecutive presidential elections in a row.

is he telling a lie undecided

how is he suffering from whatever u call it,,, if a country at 50 yrs of independence can not have constant eleelectricityood secsecuritystem, a free and fair election, 2.1 billion can go missing and no one can locate the money back

capcapitalojects are for looters for the taken

no good road, boko haram, mend, opc , massop etc are all there, why should we still be in nigeria

buhari is right cool
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by matazzmagi(m): 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2011
We insists: "That we have good reasons why we are looking for a way out to use legal means to form our own independent nation and that, among those things we have suffered from Nigeria nation through the acts of the defendants are; unemployment, non-availability of electricity; non availability of good road; water; of peace and security; discrimination with respect to appointment, employment and other complaints NIGERIA needs referendum period, border control migrant control is necessary in the world we are living.Nigeria  a failed state they dont no who is who in Nigeria anybody can claim Nigeria Nigel Rep and chad all migrated to northern Nigeria all Satan agents,
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by fstranger1: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
vedaxcool:

Dullard it read those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable not break up. Whether you like it or not Nigria is going to outlive ou, yes after we for positive change have thrown statless criminals like yourself in cell. One thing Morrons like yourself do not know is this:
1. Nigeria remains the most important country in west Africa.

First of all, I will like to know your highest level of educational attainment. Desist from calling me a dunce and we will enjoy ourselves. Very few people can match my academic prowess, and I doubt you are one of them. That said, I am way smarter than anyone in your family, prolly in your heritage.

True, Nigeria is important, but not indispensable. What is the significance of the so called 'Giant of Africa,' if it is mired in institutional corruption, that had rendered it useless to the rest of the world?  if Nigeria breaks up today, the world would still revolve as it should. Our 'pale blue dot' would not become paler. Nigeria is a very minuscule stage in a vast cosmic arena. Look, think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those retired generals including Buhari, Abacha, and  IBB so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of  Nigeria. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the past regimes, mostly Northerners, on the many fellow innocent citizens of this same godforsaken countr , how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds for fellow citizens of different ethnic extractions. IF WE BREAK UP, WE MIGHT JUST PUT AN END TO ALL THE UNNECESSARY KILLINGS, MOST OF WHICH ARE ENGINEERED BY THE NORTH, THAT SPRING UP EVERY SO OFTEN

Nigeria's posturings,  her imagined self-importance, the delusion that somehow she has some privileged position in the World, are challenged by the emergence of smaller nations like Ghana with less resources,who, yet are able to organize themselves, not to talk of nations like Japan, Singapore , Brazil etc

2. A violent breakup will cause refugees of epic proportions which can destabilize other west Africa country.

Wrong again. Since 1960, has our bane not been that the North (who are minorities in education, in management skills, in the economy) have held Nigeria at the jugular, scheming political manoeuvres that make them hold on to power at all costs and in all circumstances? The result, of course, is that the rest of Nigeria are not ready to trust their future to such nincompoops who have never exhibited true Nigeria nationalism anymore.The young people do not trust the authorities, and the way we see Nigeria is vastly different from how the North of Nigeria want Nigeria to be. When we break up, each individual small nation get to take better charge of their resources. The only region most likely to implode is the North. And who cares, with strong border control by neigbouring countries, we will be able to contain them within their country. And sooner or later, Nature will take its coursel.   Case in point,Rwanda; the combination of internal warfare and starvation have shrunk their population to a more sustainable and manageable number.  That experience should beat some sense into their head and should teach them one or two things about nationhood and good governance. At the very worst, one of the european countries might take them in as slaves.

3. Multinationals organization like shell will definitely not allow their investment go down the drain without stagging a coup or something.

Shell is not a state and whatever Shell is going to do, they will have to deal with MEND, and the SS in general. I am not really worried about Shell. When we get to the Bridge, we will cross it.

4.Our importance to the international community is far too important than you fable oduduwa republic, we remain important source of oil to the west hence any disruption cannot be tolerated especially now that oil prices are high a failed state will lead to an escalation of oil price. This the same reason the Yankee have not bombed the hell out of Iran, they need stability in oil prices. and believe me they will do what is necessary to maintain the status quo. But a foolish man like yourself who has no use for his brain cannot think beyond destroying the country, If you happen to have a cancer would u destroy your entire body or remove the damaged organ, Eh! Twiddle dumb. Guess that is too difficult for you to answer.

Again, get it to your thick temple, we are not that important. There is Oil in Ghana, even more oil in Angola than Nigeria, EG has a lot and more will be discovered. Again, you reliance on oil shows how weak and feeble minded you are. Oil has been the bane of the country and until we stop relying too much on it, the country will never know peace. The 21st century belongs to those who can develop their technological know-how. Even with the oil, we are still being scammed by the big boys, those who refine it for us. Now ask yourself, who is the real Maga?

As for your cancer analogy: Very weak. The best  treatment for cancer now is Chemo. And what does it do again? Well, it attacks every cell in the body ( pretty much destroys every cell that divides including normal cell), and depending on the type of cancer, you can take out the organ e.g you could do a nephrectomy or a resection depending on the margins and border of the diseased organ. Not sure where you are headed with you non-commonsensical analogy.

The only option here is for us to effing BREAK - UP.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Jakumo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2011
Switching momentarily to a more worthwhile subject, I couldn't help noticing the FS initials in FStranger1's screen name.   Can this be interpreted as a reference to my devoutly observed religion of [b]F[/b]light [b]S[/b]imulation ?      If so, blue skies to you, dude, and may all your landings be as smooth as your polished writings here.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by fstranger1: 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2011
alj harem:

is he telling a lie undecided

how is he suffering from whatever u call it,,, if a country at 50 yrs of independence can not have constant eleelectricityood secsecuritystem, a free and fair election, 2.1 billion can go missing and no one can locate the money back

capcapitalojects are for looters for the taken

no good road, boko haram, mend, opc , massop etc are all there, why should we still be in nigeria

buhari is right cool

Alhaji HArem, please stop posting
You are incoherent and I really want to enjoy this debate.

Jakumo's English is way out of your league. He is one of the best on NL. Please stop posting on this thread

Will you do that for me?
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by aljharem(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

Alhaji HArem, please stop posting
You are incoherent and I really want to enjoy this debate.

Jakumo's English is way out of your league. He is one of the best on NL. Please stop posting on this thread

Will you do that for me?

it is not about english hear my brother,,, it is about speaking the truth when u see one undecided
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by matazzmagi(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2011
never knew fstranger1 have such exposure!!!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Gbawe: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
fstranger1:

There is Oil in Ghana, even more oil in Angola than Nigeria, EG has a lot and more will be discovered. Again, you reliance on oil shows how weak and feeble minded you are. Oil has been the bane of the country and until we stop relying too much it, the country will never know peace. The 21st century belongs to those who can develop their technological know-how. Even with the oil, we are still being scammed by the big boys, those who refine it for us. Now ask yourself, who is the real Maga?

I wont join issues with many of what you write even as I am against the break up of Nigeria . Nonetheless let us try and stick with real facts and not figments of our imagination in the haste to support our arguments. Angola , in the past , may have surpassed Nigeria, because of our internal problems of militancy and insecurity,  in output production ( i.e Barrels per day) but the nation does not have "more oil than Nigeria". That is outrightly false (see below). Noteworthy also to understand that Nigeria's optimal output capacity is significantly higher than that of Angola. Others can find oil as much as they want but Nigeria's reserve remains admirably high and demand is especially good because our oil is of the sweet, light variety (see below) . We can only hope the right Government will come in to begin utilising our income from oil judiciously on behalf of Nigeria while working fervently to revive other sectors and diversify the economy in general. I get some of your point but it is important for Nigerians to know that our position is not threatened by any nation. We just need A Government that will consist of men and women , wherever they are from , who are on the side of Nigerians . Simple .

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b23066a6-4799-11dd-93ca-000077b07658.html#axzz1ASTL0Szi

Nigeria’s 36.2bn barrels of oil reserves are four times bigger than Angola’s. But Angola’s fast-growing industry pumped more oil than its bigger brother for the first time in April.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b23066a6-4799-11dd-93ca-000077b07658.html#axzz1ASTL0Szi

The US, in particular, has become increasingly reliant on Nigeria as a spare fuel tank for its economy. Last year, Nigeria and Angola together exported more oil to the US than Saudi Arabia. Nigeria’s sweet, light crude is far easier for American refineries to handle than its Saudi or Venezuelan equivalents.

Natural gas has enhanced Nigeria’s strategic significance further. The country already supplies 10 per cent of the world’s liquefied natural gas and Europe is banking on Nigerian supplies to reduce dependence on Russia.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by fstranger1: 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2011
matazzmagi:

never knew fstranger1 have such exposure!!!

Sorry, if i may ask, what do you mean?
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by matazzmagi(m): 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
Am glad that you can now see the truth my brother TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE hope its stays that way!!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Justcash(m): 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
Buhari is stating the obvious. Considering the way that ATIKU and ACF are taking Nigeria's leadership as their birth right, It is impossible for Nigeria not to break up. Except ATIKU and ACF chills down, they may regret their actions in future.
It will only take Southern Nigeria (SE, SW, SS) + Mid-belt to agree to a break up from Nigeria, for the country to become history. The North cannot fight in this case, except they want to commit self-inflicted Genocide.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by sammyzacks(m): 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2011
By this statement Buhari stands disqualified by Nigerians like myself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fg To Sell 51% Stake In Electricity Companies / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief (pics) / Okorocha disguised as an accident victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.