Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 (2842 Views)

No Nigeria Armed Forces Officer Has Attain The Rank Of Field Marshal / No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram / Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by ACUT3X(m): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2010
As political gladiators jostle
for relevance amid the
cacophony over which region
should produce the next
president in 2011, former
Head of State, General
Muhammadu Buhari, has
sounded a note of warning to
Nigerians and the political
class: Get your acts together
or there will be no country
called Nigeria.
Buhari, a two-time
presidential candidate of the
All Nigeria Peoples Party
(ANPP), and leader of the
new party, Congress for
Progressive Change (CPC),
told Sunday Sun in a no-
holds-barred interview that
the country is tottering on
the brink of collapse except
something urgent is done to
rescue it. www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/08/national-08-08-2010-001.htm undecided

Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Jakumo(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2010
Buhari is a blithering baboon who will be dead of AIDS before 2011, so as far as he is concerned, there will be no Nigeria after he becomes worm bait, which is fair enough.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2010
This topic would have ran into 15 pages by now if somebody from a particular ethnic group made this statement.

I sorry for Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2010
Mumu gen buhari.go sit down you wont smell aso rock.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by AceJam: 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2010
This topic would have ran into 15 pages by now if somebody from a particular ethnic group made this statement.

I sorry for Nigerians.

That is the reason Buhari is smelling a likely to be dissolved Nigeria by 2011.

Some people see Nigeria as their personal property and that is not going to be accepted by others.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Sharonf(f): 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2010
Unless we vote for him, Nigeria may be gone? OK. Thank you. Go and sit down.
I dont know why people dont vote for proven progressives such as Pat Utomi.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2010
Sharon_f:

Unless we vote for him, Nigeria may be gone? OK. Thank you. Go and sit down.

I re-read the article TWICE: I DONT SEE ANYWHERE WHERE HE SAID SUCH!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2010
Jakumo:

Buhari is a blithering baboon who will be dead of AIDS before 2011, so as far as he is concerned, there will be no Nigeria after he becomes worm bait, which is fair enough.

I'm disappointed in your comment, severely so. I read the interview and I really do not see anything wrong in what he said. All he kept insisting upon was a free and fair election, end of corruption, social justice and basic amenities for your country men. . . . I used to categorize you amongst the most intelligent on this forum; I guess pseudo-mastery of the Queen's language does not equate smartness afterall.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by EzeUche22(m): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2010
nuzo:

I sorry for Nigerians.

Gbam!

When another person from another ethnic group lipsrsealed says this, the One Naija crowd would have berated them! Double standard, I think so.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2010
EzeUche22:

Gbam!

When another person from another ethnic group lipsrsealed says this, the One Naija crowd would have berated them! Double standard, I think so.

Before You go "Gbaming" around like one of your Biafran Okunigwe bombs, did u bother to read the article!?!?
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Afam4eva(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2010
bk.babe97y:

I'm disappointed in your comment, severely so. I read the interview and I really do not see anything wrong in what he said. All he kept insisting upon was a free and fair election, end of corruption, social justice and basic amenities for your country men. . . .  I used to categorize you amongst the most intelligent on this forum; I guess pseudo-mastery of the Queen's language does not equate smartness afterall.

For once in your life you're making sense.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Before You go "Gbaming" around like one of your Biafran Okunigwe bombs, did u bother to read the article!?!?

I hope when Uwazurike or Asari Dokubo makes the same statement you will put the statement in context and try to understand it by analysing it in the context of the whole speech.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by becomrich3: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2010
Buhari is telling you the truth, Look at the satellite pictures and ask, if we can continue Nigeria without a civil war. Some people are so selfish with thier person ambition that we pray that God open thier eyes.

We need to declear a fasting and prayers. That this men would not lead Nigeria into a civil war. Look at the satellite pictures and can any of you explain to the world. How you hope to conduct a free and fair election. Nigeria is heading toward civil war.

I have said go to the United nation. The north would NEVER agree. You are heading toward civil war. Go now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10437025

Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2010
mikeansy:

I hope when Uwazurike or Asari Dokubo makes the same statement you will put the statement in context and try to understand it by analysing it in the context of the whole speech.

Dude, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!He made a simple statement : IF NIGERIA DOES NOT GET ITS ACT TOGETHER CHAOS COULD ENSUE!

This is contrary to your Uwazuriki dude who goes about preaching, and promoting, destabilization, and the dissolution of the Nigerian state! Treasonable offenses, shoulda been hung, shot, Lethally Injected (or whatever the penalty is for treason in Nigeria) a long time ago!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4418132.stm (googled him and thats what I found)
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by becomrich3: 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2010
You that is not treason. Asking for separation is not treason. Speaking out or written on the internet is not treason  is not treason. Is going to carry out military attack that is treason. 
example:  If I now launch physical military attack on nigeria soil( not Imagination by SSS or Jonathan or govt) that is treason. What MEND is doing is treason. But I do not know if Uwazuriki have ever launch any form of physical attack. I know is more of verbal and written attack. And if that is the only thing he  does, that can not be treason.

What it means is that half of nigerian have committed treason. Since most nigerian have at one time of the other call for the break up of Nigeria in written and verbal form.

Buhari have not committed Treason under nigeria law.

It is only when Jonathan want to use it against people who are against his govt, that would be bad. Look everybody can not support Jonathan, people have to be in opposition and share different views from jonathan about issue of Nigeria. either break up or not. If Jonathan now define that as treason, that is wrong.

There would alway be people like Uwazuriki , buhari or me, written on the internet. You cant call that treason. but i know when nigeria govt want to label you anything they would. they dont care. they would label as treason if they want to. Even look at the president in nigeria could be label as treason.  Many people were executed for this in Nigeria. And label coupist, even Obasanjo was in jail for this.

bloc Quebecois do worst verbally in canada. I have never seen member of the bloc Quebecois smile before. Look everytime you see  Gilles Duceppe on television he is always shouting at the prime minister. This is how his pictures always look like in the newspapers. He is alway passionate about Quebec when he talks.  They do not joke around. This is politics. Jonathan better get use to it, this is not a military govt.

[img]http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20060122/160X_duceppe_060122.jpg[/img]
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by becomrich3: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2010
Look at the other faces in canada, does this faces look to you like people who are happy and been nice to themself politics is not a game where they make friend.

[img]http://www.garth.ca/weblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/harper.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_XOa7roZi1HU/SmKwWa3DcJI/AAAAAAAAAjo/_QuW25vjzOg/s320/_39568355_chretien_ap203.jpg[/img]
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Dude, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!He made a simple statement : IF NIGERIA DOES NOT GET ITS ACT TOGETHER CHAOS COULD ENSUE!

This is contrary to your Uwazuriki dude who goes about preaching, and promoting, destabilization, and the dissolution of the Nigerian state! Treasonable offenses, shoulda been hung, shot, Lethally Injected (or whatever the penalty is for treason in Nigeria) a long time ago!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4418132.stm (googled him and thats what I found)

Do you honestly believe that by typing in bold fonts and capital letters you can bully anybody? Noise making and raining of abuses are for simpletons and empty barrels.

All we are saying here is just like you wanna read all of Buhari's article to make a judgement, when Uwazurike or Asari Dokubo makes similar comments you should also read the whole article, put the statement in context and try to understand it.

You can have a second go at abusing others but it simply wont change much. The facts are the facts. It is not up to you or Buhari to legislate for the rest of the Nation what is politically correct or acceptable and what is not. And I do not know aany rational being who thinks Buhari has the Moral grounds to lecture anyone on civility.

As a matter of fact Buhari is 27years late on civility because if he Buhari did not plot a coup to topple a democratically elected Government our politics would have been a lot more matured by now and will not need Buhari making ridiculous comments.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by becomrich3: 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2010
He was a replacement for Ibrahim Bako who was killed during the military coup.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Ofemmanu: 12:54am On Aug 09, 2010
bk.babe97y:

You pathetic Hispanic bastar.d should go to hell . . . . . . Fu$cking daughter of a LovePeddler and mama of a LovePeddler to be.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by becomrich3: 6:06am On Aug 09, 2010
from what I hear , Uwazuriki only use his shout of biafra to get business for his lawyer cases at the court and also sell item with biafra logo on it to make money when ever he is broke. that what sun newspapers or one of the papers said.
They say it is only when he is broke that he remember biafra, how can that be treason. he is only trying to make some quick cash .

I think we should declear days of prayer and fasting for nigeria.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Jakumo(m): 6:13am On Aug 09, 2010
becomrich3:

I think we should [size=18pt]declear[/size] days of prayer and fasting for nigeria.

You is da man, Becomerich.  Go on with yo' bad self.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2010
some folks are nut jobs and choose to live in denial. When the bang goes boom, we'll all cry. Nigeria is a specimen in someone's political lab. Not even a Nigerian. These politicians know what they are saying. They may be corrupt but the know more than Jakumo and other illogical cowards know. referendum now or a civil war awaits us. When CNN has important news know that Africa isn't happy!!!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 8:13am On Aug 09, 2010
Yoruba:

All Ibo women, including my mother are pathetic bastar.ds, slu.ts, and should go to hell . . . . . .    Ibo women- - - especially from my family- - - are usually daughters of a whores and mamas of a whores to be.

Wow! For real. . . . . ?
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by favouredjb(f): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2010
Buhari can never be president of nigeria,he's just wasting his time.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by bkbabe97y(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2010
mikeansy:

Do you honestly believe that by typing in bold fonts and capital letters you can bully anybody? Noise making and raining of abuses are for simpletons and empty barrels.

Soooooo. . . . . Your take, wheneva u see anything in bolded it means the author is trying to bully you?!!?lol. Clearly, its been just a few years that uve been acquainted with the computer!

mikeansy:

All we are saying here is just like you wanna read all of Buhari's article to make a judgement, when Uwazurike or Asari Dokubo makes similar comments you should also read the whole article, put the statement in context and try to understand it.

All u are saying is that ure an individual that cannot comprehend english, was born and raised in a country that is in absolute poverty, are used to it (poverty), have NEVER (its capitalized and in bolded, dont think Im tryin to "bully" u, aight?!) experienced "Freedom", and you think the way u are living is the norm the world ova!

Buhari (according to the article- - - -and thats what I care about) is preaching democracy; your Idols are preaching anarchy. Do u see the stu.pi.dity in your comparison?!
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2011
Buhari is Nigeria's best hope right now.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Becomrichn: 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
there should be no nigeria after 2011.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by ekubear1: 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2011
Pretty hard to beef with Buhari's position. I suggest that you all read the article.

I will say though that Buhari has his priorities slightly off, imo. Security and corruption are important to tackle. But just as important is investing heavily in basic infrastructure. I was a bit disappointed he didn't mention that as well.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2011
@eku_bear
Tackling corruption is Nigeria's number one priority.

With corruption, nothing could function effectively (including the heavy investment in infrastructure that you mention).

Think about it
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by otokx(m): 1:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
When you look at the last election in Delta State then you will agree with me that people are better of sitting in their houses. We should look into e - voting because this one of going to stand for hours in the sun only for thugs to come and chase everybody away after kidnapping the ballot box, NYSC, INEC and police personnel is not worth it.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by maga1: 1:52pm On Jan 08, 2011
eku_bear:

Pretty hard to beef with Buhari's position. I suggest that you all read the article.

I will say though that Buhari has his priorities slightly off, imo. Security and corruption are important to tackle. But just as important is investing heavily in basic infrastructure. I was a bit disappointed he didn't mention that as well.

the truth of the matter is dat corruption & discipline goes together. These are the foundation of a nation development. If the nation is corrupt, then no matter how much the country sinks into a capital project, such money would just be embezzled. I think in naija we need strict laws on corruption & also a good president who will pave the way for such laws to function. IMO GEJ cant enforce such (not while he is in PDP.

PDP must go. Naija sai Buhari.
Re: Buhari Says-there May Be No Nigeria In 2011 by Gbawe: 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2011
I don't think many who have responded to this thread read the article before they commented. Buhari is saying nothing the Americans and others have not said . In fact, he is not saying anything many of us on Nairaland , to include myself, have not stated over and over again i.e Nigeria may not survive another electoral grand theft , like we saw in 2007 , against the electorate. The elite cannot carry on acting so callously selfish without repercussions. Buhari , while others like Atiku and GEJ heat up the polity selfishly and dangerously , is acting like a true statesman with how he consistently advises the Nigerian elites to shun selfish ambitions , for the sake of Nigeria's survival, and ensure that elections in 2011 are free, fair and a true representation of the will of Nigerian people. All I see in this thread is the hasty and unfair condemnation of Buhari from those who are determined to dislike the man enduringly without a recourse to any fairness. At least read the damn article !!!!

Do you fear for the country, that if we don’t get it right now…

(Cuts in) There may be no Nigeria. I do, because I draw parallel with Somalia so many times. Somalia-sation of Nigeria; I am scared about that. Somalia, they are one ethnic group, one religion, Islam, but for 18 years Somalia has not been a country because the elite became so selfish, so corrupt, so undisciplined, and they have wrecked the country. And Nigeria is much better off.

So, I am passing a message to the Nigerian elite: Let them go and deliver their constituencies. Even Nigerians in Diaspora, Nigerians in Europe, the groups that are supporting us, I discussed with them. Let them connect with their constituencies at home through whichever way. And let them educate their people, persuade them to chose good people from whichever party to represent their constituencies. This is the way we can move Nigeria forward together. We all stand to benefit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Medical Doctor Kidnapped In Benin City / Breaking News: Protest In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State / Efik Ibibio Struggles- Not Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.