Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,666 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

"If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided (1274 Views)

Bible's Most Confounding Puzzle: "If David Calls Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" / If David Called Him Lord How Is He His Son? / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 01, 2019
Matthew 22:45-46

If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Now that's my Master, Mentor, Teacher, Lord, everything else right there, na who wan try am eh?

Dem never even start.

And what He did there is what is called argumentative annihilation.

And the people go just dey look am like na who be this kind man self?

where him come from self?

Na wah oh, you wan kill us with question?

How we wan take know, our name na David?

And no man get mind to come ask am any further questions because has done something called "it was finished, before it even started".

Yeah proudly my Master, and proudly a disciple of His, however that same question took me quite a while before I could crack it, but when I eventually did, it gave me the feeling of satisfaction, at least make I dey follow my Master small, small for back.

So this is see who else has crack this one way pass jamb question 100 times wey Jesus decide to ask mere mortals.

And i would give some time to see if I could get the correct answer to this very hard question, let's say a week.

If I do get the answer in time, I would yet wait till the end of the week to reveal those person(s) who got the correct answer.

And i would update this post with all their names as people who were able to achieve what none of those that Jesus had thrown up this question to, could do on that very occasion.

Wish y'all the best in your attempts.

*No expo oh! wink

Update*

This is making it a week since I first posed this question that Jesus had asked those of His day, to those of this forum.

Hence what it means is that it's time up, as they say in the test halls, for it's time to reveal the answer and consequently the possible names of those who got the answer to the question correctly.

But first I'll love to acknowledge those who had the audacity to attempting this very hard question that Jesus used to silence those of His day, as it was said no one was able to answer Him a word.

And many came, few made comments but only two gave it a go, and the first attempt was made by marvrick, with Clinolit being the second.

But despite not attempting the question themselves, because they made an notable appearance here, I would also like to credit sukerefakere and FreddyKruger with a mention.

So having acknowledged such ones, I would also like to acknowledge my one and only Master Jesus for being the one that provided the question, and the Spirit of God for providing the answer to such a difficult question.

So after observing all protocol, I would like to proceed the moment we've all been waiting for, even the main event, which is to know the answer to that very difficult question of Jesus.

Question: If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?

Answer: Because He was the Son of man and also the Son of God.

Yes it was that simple, but only after one has been able to crack it, for this was trademark Jesus hiding the answer to their questions in a question, for the answer to His question lay the answer to their question of why He being a man could say that He was the Son of God, for that was considered blasphemous to them, as it meant He insinuated that He was equal with God.

John 10:33

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Therefore Jesus used that question to answer their question, as therein lay the answer as to why He could be a Man and yet claim to be the Son of God. And that saying of David given in their sacred scriptures provided Him with the right basis to accomplish that.

So that's it folks, the highly anticipated answer to the very difficult question that Jesus posed to those of His day which none was able to answer Him a word. And I hope it also answers all your questions in this regard, and that there's no objection to this given answer?

But importantly before I go did any of the two attempts get the answer correctly?

The first given by marvrick was confusing as I couldn't understand what he meant, hence I asked him to come back to clarify his answer but he didn't, so I can't give any verdict about it now.

But the second given Clinolit was much clearer, however though it was right to some extent, it wasn't the kind of answer that did absolute justice to the very difficult question.

But because it was a credible effort, I would give him the benefit of doubt and hence not leave him empty handed for his genuine attempt at giving it a real go, so I would give him a score of 70%.

And I'm doing that to encourage him to continues to sharpen his spiritual skills, so that he could be able to give answers in the future that men would not be able to gainsay or resist.

So it's been a fun week in this regard, but with that we draw the curtains on what has been an amazing experience thus far, but that not to say that comments are no longer welcomed especially for those who were hiding beforehand because of the difficulty of the question, as they can all now come out of their shell, for that most difficult puzzle has finally been resolved.

God be with you all.

2 Likes

Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
Now who goes first?
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2019
No difference yet between those of the days of Jesus and those of today!
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 03, 2019
Is it that no one has the answer or that it's me that's keeping away people from attempting this question?

Or maybe it's the combination of both, well let's wait a little bit to see how things unfold.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by sukerefakere(m): 8:14am On Jan 03, 2019
You are getting there Jesusjnr
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 03, 2019
sukerefakere:
Yipee!
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 03, 2019
sukerefakere:
Yay! My first comments here. Kudos to you for having the audacity at least to make a comment here.

So do you have the answer to question?
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by sukerefakere(m): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2019
jesusjnr:
You are the first to have the audacity to make a comment here, so credit goes to you in that respect.

So do you have the answer to my question?
No
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 03, 2019
sukerefakere:
No
Well thanks at least for paying us a visit.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 04, 2019
Mobilla what do you have to say about this?
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 05, 2019
Nobody tried yet and it's just three days to go.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 05, 2019
Keep confusing yourself on your own thread grin

1 Like

Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by marvrick: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2019
that's because Jesus and the Messiah are two different people.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
marvrick:
that's because Jesus and the Messiah are two different people.
You get a full smile cheesy for being the first and only person here to dare make an attempt to answer the question, so you get some kudos for that.

I would like you to expatiate a bit on your answer.

Thank you.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 06, 2019
Got the first credible attempt but i'm gonna wait till the 8th day of this month to reveal if it's the correct answer or not.

Any body else wanna join him?
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
2 days to go.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
Jesus' genealogy has King David in it - Matt 1 vs 1-16 (Obed, Jesse, David,..., Joseph (Mary's husband), Jesus Christ the Righteous) Also, Luke 1 vs 27 and 32 buttress the point of Jesus Christ being David's son.

Psalm 110 vs 1 speaks of a vision King David saw about the Coronation of Jesus as Lord and Christ upon His ascension.

Shalom.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
Clinolit:
Jesus' genealogy has King David in it - Matt 1 vs 1-16 (Obed, Jesse, David,..., Joseph (Mary's husband), Jesus Christ the Righteous) Also, Luke 1 vs 27 and 32 buttress the point of Jesus Christ being David's son.

Psalm 110 vs 1 speaks of a vision King David saw about the Coronation of Jesus as Lord and Christ upon His ascension.

Shalom.
Thanks for giving it a shot.

I would reveal if you got it correctly on the 8th of this month.

God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2019
1 day to go before answer.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2019
A lot of people here already know the answer to the question of Jesus, but the problem is that they don't know that it is the answer.

But it is when they get to know the answer that they would be surprised that it was even much easier than they thought.

But the last thing I would condone is for people who didn't come here to attempt the question who only after the answer has been given, they now start claiming that they already knew it before hand on this very thread.

So if anyone has the answer to this puzzle it's either you speak now before the answer is given or forever hold your peace on this thread.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2019
This is making it a week since I first posed this question that Jesus had asked those of His day, to those of this forum.

Hence what it means is that it's time up, as they say in the test halls, for it's time to reveal the answer and consequently the possible names of those who got the answer to the question correctly.

But first I'll love to acknowledge those who had the audacity to attempting this very hard question that Jesus used to silence those of His day, as it was said no one was able to answer Him a word.

And many came, few made comments but only two gave it a go, and the first attempt was made by marvrick, with Clinolit being the second.

But despite not attempting the question themselves, because they made an notable appearance here, I would also like to credit sukerefakere and FreddyKruger with a mention.

So having acknowledged such ones, I would also like to acknowledge my one and only Master Jesus for being the one that provided the question, and the Spirit of God for providing the answer to such a difficult question.

So after observing all protocol, I would like to proceed the moment we've all been waiting for, even the main event, which is to know the answer to that very difficult question of Jesus.

Yes it was that simple, but only after one has been able to crack it, for this was trademark Jesus hiding the answer to their questions in a question, for the answer to His question lay the answer to their question of why He being a man could say that He was the Son of God, for that was considered blasphemous to them, as it meant He insinuated that He was equal with God.

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Therefore Jesus used that question to answer their question, as therein lay the answer as to why He could be a Man and yet claim to be the Son of God. And that saying of David given in their sacred scriptures provided Him with the right basis to accomplish that.

So that's it folks, the highly anticipated answer to the very difficult question that Jesus posed to those of His day which none was able to answer Him a word. And I hope it also answers all your questions in this regard, and that there's no objection to this given answer?

But importantly before I go did any of the two attempts get the answer correctly?

The first given by marvrick was confusing as I couldn't understand what he meant, hence I asked him to come back to clarify his answer but he didn't, so I can't give any verdict about it now.

But the second given Clinolit was much clearer, however though it was right to some extent, it wasn't the kind of answer that did absolute justice to the very difficult question.

But because it was a credible effort, I would give him the benefit of doubt and hence not leave him empty handed for his genuine attempt at giving it a real go, so I would give him a score of 70%.

And I'm doing that to encourage him to continues to sharpen his spiritual skills, so that he could be able to give answers in the future that men would not be able to gainsay or resist.

So it's been a fun week in this regard, but with that we draw the curtains on what has been an amazing experience thus far, but that not to say that comments are no longer welcomed especially for those who were hiding beforehand because of the difficulty of the question, as they can all now come out of their shell, for that most difficult puzzle has finally been resolved.

God be with you all.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by sukerefakere(m): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2019
jesusjnr:

God be with you all.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 08, 2019
jesusjnr:

God be with you all.

Thank you jesusjnr.

Thanks for the spiritual insight and encouragement.

May the Father of Glory, Whose we are and Who we serve in our spirits through the Great Monarch of Zion, Jesus Christ, grant you deeper revelations in Christ and cause you to ever grow in His knowledge as we see His Day approaching.

God bless you.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 09, 2019
Clinolit:

Thank you jesusjnr.

Thanks for the spiritual insight and encouragement.

May the Father of Glory, Whose we are and Who we serve in our spirits through the Great Monarch of Zion, Jesus Christ, grant you deeper revelations in Christ and cause you to ever grow in His knowledge as we see His Day approaching.

God bless you.

Shalom.
Please can you let me know what you think of the answer I gave to the question?

Because i know what i think about it but I would like to have your opinion about it.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 07, 2019
Son of God, and Son of man.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
Please can you let me know what you think of the answer I gave to the question?

Because i know what i think about it but I would like to have your opinion about it.

Thanks and God bless.
Shalom brother in Christ.

Apologies for the very late reply.

I would say that your answer is very concise, straight to the point, and wholesome.

It answers the question totally and so simply that even a babe in Christ would not have any difficulty in understanding.

More grace to you Sir.

Be strong in our Lord and in the power of His Might.

Remain blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2019
Clinolit:

Shalom brother in Christ.

Apologies for the very late reply.

I would say that your answer is very concise, straight to the point, and wholesome.

It answers the question totally and so simply that even a babe in Christ would not have any difficulty in understanding.

More grace to you Sir.

Be strong in our Lord and in the power of His Might.

Remain blessed.
God bless you bro!

Better late than never, for you to still oblige me with an answer after so long suffices for me.

You know as I told you, I already had an opinion concerning the answer I gave, so I just wanted to get another credible view to see if it tallies with mine.

And from what you said here it's in absolute agreement with what I thought about the answer.

For I had for a while been puzzled by the question, but when i received this answer, I was like Wow! because it was so perfect, hence I knew it came from God.

So thank you for yet taking your time to give me your view about this.

God be with you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
God bless you bro!

Better late than never, for you to still oblige me with an answer after so long suffices for me.

You know as I told you, I already had an opinion concerning the answer I gave, so I just wanted to get another credible view to see if it tallies with mine.

And from what you said here it's in absolute agreement with what I thought about the answer.

For I had for a while been puzzled by the question, but when i received this answer, I was like Wow! because it was so perfect, hence I knew it came from God.

So thank you for yet taking your time to give me your view about this.

God be with you!
And you too dear brother!

Glory to Jesus! May the Lord grant you more revelations as you continue to grow in Him.

Thank you. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Lukuluku69(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
Matthew 22:41-46 KJV
[41] While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, [42] Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David. [43] He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, [44] The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? [45] If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? [46] And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Mark 12:35-37 KJV
[35] And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David? [36] For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [37] David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

Luke 20:41-44 KJV
[41] And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Lukuluku69(m): 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
James answered: "O master, tell us in whom this promise was made; for the Jews say "in Isaac," and the Ishmaelites say "in Ishmael;." Jesus answered: David, whose son was he, and of what lineage?" James answered: "Of Isaac; for Isaac was father of Jacob, and Jacob was father of Judah, of whose lineage is David."
Then Jesus said: "And the Messenger of God when he shall come, of what lineage will he be?" The disciples answered: "Of David." Whereupon Jesus said: "You deceive yourselves; for David in spirit calls him lord, saying thus: God said to my lord, sit you on my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool. God shall send forth your rod which shall have lordship in the midst of your enemies. If the Messenger of God whom you call Messiah were son of David, how should David call him lord? Believe me, for truly I say to you, that the promise was made in Ishmael, not in Isaac."

The foregoing are the alternative rendering of an incident in the life of Jesus Christ as recorded by the Evangelists. The first, taken from the Gospel of Barnabas which is never accepted into the Biblical Canons, while the last three were taken from the Synoptic Gospel of Mark, Mathew and Luke. The fourth Gospel has no word on this incident. The central theme of which is to the question of the lineage of the " Messiah". The Gospel of Barnabas expressly states that the Promised Messiah when he shall come will come in the lineage of Ishmael as against the widely held belief that he is to descend from the lineage of Isaac as recorded and taught by the Jews and subsequently inherited by the Christians. When the question arose, in his response, Jesus questioned this widely held belief by asking a question and asked how can the Messiah be a "son" of David if David called him "Lord" in a vision he had? Psalm 110:1 KJV.

Coming to the synoptic, disregarding the different rendering, the central question is, Jesus had questioned this age long belief as to the Lineage of the Messiah! That the Evangelists cut short this discussion is quite evident in the fact that, Jesus question has been left unanswered till date. Taking the Synoptics as they stands, Jesus is either not the Son of David nor his Lord! So, what are we to belief? To think that a Teacher would pose a question in which his audience have no answers to and he would have left them without an answer would simply mean that he himself is ignorant of the subject at hand. But this is not the case, Jesus would never have done that. It is evident that his reply has not been recorded or it has been suppressed.
Re: "If David Then Call Him Lord, How Is He His Son?" Update* Answer Provided by Lukuluku69(m): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
An answer was actually given but was not recorded in the accepted Canons of Jesus Ministry but explicitly recorded in the Gospel of Barnabas. To the Jews that Jesus addressed, they find it unbelievable that their Promised Deliverer from the oppression of the Pagan Roman overlords, that the Deliverer of the Holy Land from the various Powers that have trodden on it, that the Liberator of all the Land promised the Children of Abraham would not be a Jew; a son of David and by extension a son of Isaac, but a son of Ishmael was too much to take for their pride and over two thousand year old prejudice which they held and are still holding against Ishmael and the Ishmaelites. As stated in the Gospel of Barnabas the "Lord" of David was to descend from Ishmael, because of this, they conveniently labelled Jesus as a second Balaam; that is to say, a Prophet that prophesies for heathen Nations at the expense of the Children of Israel. For this and many other reasons, they denied him the Office of Prophethood and an attempt was made on his life.

Coming back to the quotation as it stands in the Book of Psalm 110:1 KJV. Where it seems two Lords of King David were talking to each other. A Lord is being asked to take refuge with another Lord, till certain of his enemies are vanquished. A difficulty arises here because two Lords are mentioned yet we know that King David never worshiped two Lords but one Lord. So how come two Lords were mentioned here?

To properly understand this verse and avoid any ambiguity and misunderstanding in the sense it conveyed, we need to look at the Text from which this translation came from. This difficulty arose as a result of the choice of words used in translating names that are sometimes rendered same or differently. Sacred names written in religious Scripture should be left as they are, unless you can find a thoroughly equivalent word for them in the language into which you wish to translate them. In the Hebrew scripture, the first Lord mentioned is YHWH ELOHIM which the English Bible have rendered as Lord God while the second Lord mentioned is ADON which also was rendered as Lord! So, you can see the difficulty and the ambiguity in the rendering! Here we have a case of YHWH ELOHIM talking to an ADON and in this case both noun were rendered as Lord, you can sense the difficulty already.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Do The Christians Say That I Am / How TB Joshua Prophesied About The Venezuela Coup In 2016!!! / How Pst E.A. Adeboye And W. Kumuyi Met The First Time (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.