Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2198950 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ayaade1: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hi, how much did the certification cost please?

DPizzy:
Hi guys,
I'd like to ask if anyone here could kindly help with or provide a refferal for banking jobs. I've completed the CSC course certification and I'm based in Toronto by the way.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Stencil: 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
I'm sooo down! I can be very spontaneous, and after reading Ifeoma's landing gist, I'm contemplating just getting up and walking to Canada.

Ifeoma, look out your window, you see that red car with white stripes parked by the curb? Please go and wait there for me, I'm coming.
(I'll be wearing a Nairaland tshirt so you can easily spot me)

ladymarshall:
@ifeoma77 Nwayinoma!!! The queen has arrived!!! Beautiful first days of landing! Chief minister of enjoyment!!! You're my chop-life spirit animal!!!! My jaiye jaiye doppelganger!!! I had some landing vac ideas, you just gave me new ones. Congrats again and I wish you the very best in Canada. I have no doubt in my mind that you will integrate successfully and prosper.

We should plan a joint vac together someday, maybe sneak away from work during those short public holidays roll-over weekends grin You seem fun to hang out with. I'll write you kiss kiss kiss

cc @Stencil let's do this too grin grin kiss

18 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ladymarshall: 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
Replied you. Let's meet at the other thread, before they drive us away from here for cluttering it grin grin grin

G4lady:
Hello @Ladymarshall, good day. I sent you a mail, I want to Join the April AOR group if any but have not received a response from you. Please is there a group for April AOR and how do i join?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Stencil: 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
*Looks for running shoes* Walking to Canada might be slow.

Ifeoma77:

grin grin grin grin grin
Despite the efforts of my political detractors, I am finally a Minister!! cheesy
Thank you dear Sis!! We should definitely do a joint vacay and scatter the place grin
cc @Stencil and @Adunne
We will drive past @Topsmamen's house and make noise tongue

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Topsmamen: 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ifeoma77:
grin grin grin grin grin
Despite the efforts of my political detractors, I am finally a Minister!! cheesy
Thank you dear Sis!! We should definitely do a joint vacay and scatter the place grin
cc @Stencil and @Adunne

It's like we will all drive past Topsmamen's house together grin.

Congrats on your landing sis.

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Topsmamen: 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
joo2018:
LANDING GIST II

DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL

Then got a taxi to take us to our Airbnb.

Congrats bro. Thank God for safe travels. I wish you and yours a blissful future in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hi,

Accounting and Finance is one job type that is available everywhere.

It also works with population. Alberta is 4m while Ontario is 13m. Head offices are also mostly in Toronto.

So you have to weigh Alberta with lower costs, higher wages but less opportunities with Ontario's more opportunities but lower wages and higher costs.

All the best.

bekayy:
Thank you to everyone contributing. I am torn in btw Toronto and Alberta for Accounting and Finance jobs. Does anyone know which place is better? As i want to know what province to do CPA straight away. Thank you. I have done some research but still want to pick your brain on this.

12 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adunnee: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ifeoma77:

grin grin grin grin grin
cc @Stencil and @Adunne

I'm game! Let's be nice to Topsmamen. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by u3fine(m): 12:17am On Jun 27, 2019
Good day landed seniors, please what's the prospects of a Teacher or School Administrators? The pay and job availability?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 4:04am On Jun 27, 2019
Thank you so much. I appreciate you.

joo2018:
Hi,

Accounting and Finance is one job type that is available everywhere.

It also works with population. Alberta is 4m while Ontario is 13m. Head offices are also mostly in Toronto.

So you have to weigh Alberta with lower costs, higher wages but less opportunities with Ontario's more opportunities but lower wages and higher costs.

All the best.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 4:05am On Jun 27, 2019
Where is the landing gist for Ifeoma77. Thanks.

Stencil:
I'm sooo down! I can be very spontaneous, and after reading Ifeoma's landing gist, I'm contemplating just getting up and walking to Canada.

Ifeoma, look out your window, you see that red car with white stripes parked by the curb? Please go and wait there for me, I'm coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Stencil: 6:05am On Jun 27, 2019
Here.

bekayy:
Where is the landing gist for Ifeoma77. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 27, 2019
It costed about $900.
ayaade1:
Hi, how much did the certification cost please?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by raphrulz: 8:06am On Jun 27, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

@Topsmamen... are we gonna take this no way

We gonna do ours bro

Ifeoma77:

grin grin grin grin grin
cc @Stencil and @Adunne
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sistaj: 8:49am On Jun 27, 2019
joo2018:
LANDING GIST

"...the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry..." - Robert Burns

Bienvenue!!!
Goodluck to you and all newly landed folks on settling and everything.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ayaade1: 8:59am On Jun 27, 2019
Thank you.

DPizzy:
It costed about $900.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Kai, pele. Unplanned and unavoidable expenses at the airport are very annoying. I see your mini vacation moves mehn, Godspeed in Canada.
As in!
Thanks Sis ♥

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2019
Stencil:

grin grin grin I see you

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2019
Topsmamen:

It's like we will all drive past Topsmamen's house together grin.

Congrats on your landing sis.
grin grin tongue
Thanks kiss
Waiting for yours now
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2019
Somewhere around U of C. This could have been Lekki but there’s no sand/dust on the floor and the skies are clear.

42 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2019
Everyday in Lagos I see those elderly women sweeping the streets yet Lagos no gree clean undecided

I’ve never seen anyone sweeping the streets of Calgary yet the streets clean die shocked

Are we not the architects of our own problems in that Nigeria like this?

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
GozyNA:
Everyday in Lagos I see those elderly women sweeping the streets yet Lagos no gree clean undecided

I’ve never seen anyone sweeping the streets of Calgary yet the streets clean die shocked

Are we not the architects of our own problems in that Nigeria like this?
you must have missed the spring clean up. However, just as you have mentioned, Nigerians are the cause of their own wahala.

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by egobetatoday: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
vascey:

Called mtn about this- they have a product called "keep my number" which allows you to keep your number for as long as 3 years if you are leaving the country. The charges are as follows:

1 year- 500
2 years- 800
3 years- 1200

Dial *365# to initiate your desired plan.

10 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Claire18: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
Amen!!!!
wengerly:

No wahala. God keep us till then.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by egobetatoday: 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
kylexy61:

This was also a problem for me until very recently when I managed to change the location. Open google play and swipe right or tap the three bars at the top left to pull up the sidebar menu, then select "Account". Under "Preferences" tab, you should see a sub-section called "Country and profiles". You can change the country there to Canada.

In order to verify that you are really in Canada, the app may request for your Canadian debit card details.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Claire18: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
Ifeoma has landed!!!! Welcome and thank God for safe trip...
Ifeoma77:
Landing Gist

Landing was smooth. Immigration line was very short and I got stamped in faster than light. No need to even go and sit anywhere to wait for COPR to be prepared, while standing there, the officer just went bam bam bam, welcome to Canada, next!
I got my SIN at the airport, went to pick my plenty bags and sashayed into the maple land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by snowlordng(m): 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
GozyNA:
Somewhere around U of C. This could have been Lekki but there’s no sand/dust on the floor and the skies are clear.
which province
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by egobetatoday: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
[quote author=titiclassy post= We took our bags to customs, they didnt check our bags, she just asked me if we had anythng chicken..and i siad NO, God forbid (in my naija head i was like...chai i shld av smuggled some knorr chicken oo..see as this people no chekc anything..lol)
[/quote]

Please do you mean knorr chicken is not permitted into Canada?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2019
snowlordng:
which province

Alberta.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adunnee: 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hello Canadians in Calgary, I have some questions:

1. Is it required for a child to be baptised in Catholic church before he/she can be allowed to enrol in a public Catholic School?

2. How much of morals do public schools teach? Are they entirely liberal?

3. Are there outstanding advantages of public catholic schools over govt public schools?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jaybaby2017: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hello Seniors in the house. Please I just got my SOWP approved and will be staying in Prince George BC with my spouse. Please anyone staying in Prince George?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2019
Adunnee:
Hello Canadians in Calgary, I have some questions:

1. Is it required for a child to be baptised in Catholic church before he/she can be allowed to enrol in a public Catholic School?

2. How much of morals do public schools teach? Are they entirely liberal?

3. Are there outstanding advantages of public catholic schools over govt public schools?

1. Child or parent(s). They may admit but will first give admissions to those that belong to the catholic faith.

2. Advantage: Your kid goes to school in a christian environment. They try as much as possible to bring up kids morally. The school bus them to church once a week for like a 30min mass. They pray alot of times even when they go out for field trips.

3. Catholic schools are government schools too. However, It's believed that Catholic school educated kids fare better in test scores than the regular public school.

16 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (714) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Kenn55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.