Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183175 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dverykaka: 12:51am On Nov 16, 2019
why are you switching? Are there no banking jobs there

I think there are, I just wanted something different.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mokikeoj: 1:20am On Nov 16, 2019
hayor2014:
make sure your resister before leaving Nigeria

Hi Hayor, register for which before leaving Nigeria, the ACCA or CPA?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 2:18am On Nov 16, 2019
mokikeoj:

Hi Hayor, register for which before leaving Nigeria, the ACCA or CPA?

The ACCA, cos I understand that once you land in Canada and you were not already an ACCA member before coming, CPA will not accept the ACCA certification/qualification from you...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Y2Kbaba: 3:29am On Nov 16, 2019
hayor2014:

The ACCA, cos I understand that once you land in Canada and you were not already an ACCA member before coming, CPA will not accept the ACCA certification/qualification from you...

Hello,

Pls do you mean ACCA qualified or one must be registered as a student member of ACCA before coming in from Nigeria? I have 3 papers to qualification while in Nigeria and I landed in Canada few months ago so I'm still seeking info on ways to complete the papers left and get CPA certification.

Landed seniors please assist as well.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 3:45am On Nov 16, 2019
Y2Kbaba:

Hello,

Pls do you mean ACCA qualified or one must be registered as a student member of ACCA before coming in from Nigeria? I have 3 papers to qualification while in Nigeria and I landed in Canada few months ago so I'm still seeking info on ways to complete the papers left and get CPA certification.

Landed seniors please assist as well.

Thank you.

Registered as a student number
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 3:50am On Nov 16, 2019
Dyolahh:
Hmmm sorry to derail the gist oooo. First shocker since I got into Calgary. We went into Walmart, came out with groceries. Dh was putting in bags into the trunk and he heard a funny noise from the car plate and noticed that wasn’t his screws , he looked even closer and realized our plates were swapped with another. Na so we call police ooo. Long story short, the swapped plate was stolen last month. We wrote statements (the police even commended Dh on being very observant) and had to go get a new plate.

Abeg always check your plates before driving away!

Pleaser which of the WalMart's? Na wao
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Y2Kbaba: 4:12am On Nov 16, 2019
hayor2014:

Registered as a student number

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 4:57am On Nov 16, 2019
For those in Alberta and Environs that may need this

*PASSPORT RENEWAL INTERVENTION*

The executive of the NCAC has once again concluded arrangements with the Nigeria High Commission Ottawa to render passport issuance/renewal services in Calgary.

This service is primarily for NCAC members and their families in good financial standing as at May 31st, 2019. Non-members are welcome to take advantage of this opportunity. Applicable fees for members and non-members are listed below. Please note the following:

Participating in this exercise is optional, applicants have the choice to have their passports issued or renewed at the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa.

NCAC is only facilitating the passport intervention exercise, hence all inquiries should be directed to the Nigerian High Commission and not the volunteers helping with this exercise. 

To date, past interventions executed by the NCAC in conjunction with the Nigerian High Commission have saved our community over $800,000. This included all associated cost of travelling to Ottawa to obtain Nigerian passport. It is our expectation that this initiative would continue to save our community significant amount of money and time.  NCAC is able to deliver our programs at cost effective rates to participants mostly from the precious time contributions of our dedicated volunteers.  Please we will need volunteers for the 4 days that we will execute this program. 

1. Location
All appointments to collect documents and meet with embassy officials will take place at the Nigeria House located at: 319, 3132 26th Street NE, Calgary

2. The Fees
In addition to the fees payable on the Nigerian High Commission portal, the following fees shall apply:
Members: $100 application fee per family and $150 administrative fee per applicant
(e.g: A member with a family of 5 would pay $850.  From our estimates same family travelling to Ottawa will have costs of about $3,000)
Non-Members: $100 application fee per family and $200 administrative fee per applicant
(e.g A non-member with a family of 5 would pay $1100)
This money is payable when applicants are presenting documents to the NCAC.  You can pay with bank draft payable to Nigerian Canadian Association of Calgary, Credit Card, Debit Card or Cash

3. Important Dates:
November 29th:
Registration for the passport intervention closes at midnight MST

November 29th - November 30th:
Documents collection at the Nigeria House. THIS IS BASED ON APPOINTMENT ONLY. You will receive your appointment date once registration is completed. Appointment dates will be sent out to the email addresses provided during the registration process. Please do not contact us for appointment schedules prior to November 29th.

December 6th - 8th: 
Appointments with embassy officials to complete the process and have bio-metrics taken. This is strictly based on appointments to be scheduled once documents have been vetted by the embassy and a green light has been given. You will receive another appointment date for this meeting.

4. The Process
Please click on the link below to access the procedure for E-Passport application.

E-Passport Application Procedures and Requirements
The procedure outlines how to access the application form; fees to be paid and other information needed for the application. Please note that you need to complete all the steps and complete the NCAC passport registration form located at this link

https://docs.google.com/data+collection+form
Also remember to include a pre-paid self addressed express post envelope (MARKED NATIONAL NOT REGIONAL) to ship your passport back to you.

Thank you,

Nigerian Canadian Association of Calgary 

Shared as received.

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yvonneigwe: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
Please pardon my question, for this schedule A form, are we to fill and submit alongside our documents or wait for an ADR requesting it. I'm a bit confused. Different information about this online.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Transformium: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
Eddy4400:
Thanks plenty....have you landed now?

Apologies just seeing this. I haven’t yet. Plan to do Christmas in naija grin before landing

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Transformium: 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
yvonneigwe:
Please pardon my question, for this schedule A form, are we to fill and submit alongside our documents or wait for an ADR requesting it. I'm a bit confused. Different information about this online.
You can proactively complete and submit or wait for an ADR requesting it.

Although, they usually request for it if you answered “YES” to any of the statutory questions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mokikeoj: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
hayor2014:

Thanks Hayor

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by toboy: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
Dollywood:
I heard Canada is one hell of a boring country, so how do u guys cope with the boredom in the country?Do u guys watch movies or play video games?
I just wanna hear from you guys
oh wow! From whom or where did you hear this from? Also when you say boring? In what ways do you exactly do you mean? Can you examples? I would really love to understand further

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yvonneigwe: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thank you very much
Transformium:

You can proactively complete and submit or wait for an ADR requesting it.

Although, they usually request for it if you answered “YES” to any of the statutory questions.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Everygirl: 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
salford1:

Rent faster, Kijiji or if you have a friend/ family on ground. Some landlords accepts pets, while some don't.

thanks for this. I wasnt sure they will rent to you if you are not there yet.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
toboy:

oh wow! From whom or where did you hear this from? Also when you say boring? In what ways do you exactly do you mean? Can you examples? I would really love to understand further

Hmm Canada is the 2nd largest country with just a population of 39million the country is very big but can be so boring because everyone mind their business there it's gonna be that easy to make friends unless u have a dating app or you're in school.. The Canadians are polite but they prefer to keep their problems to themselves instead of sharing it with others.
And their Winter!!! Jeez... That is when the real boredom sets in.. The harsh winter there can make u stay at home all day for months because u can't really go outside catch some fun unlike their Summer! Their summer is the best to enjoy in The country... But they have longer winter than summer.. Their summer is short like 4months of summer and 6months of winter! angry Those who enjoy Canada the most are those with their family, if u go alone boredom can make u regret grin

I have relatives there that do gist me about Canada

Lass Lass Canada is a lovable and livable country grin
Make God just answer my prayer make i enter cannyland this December

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enemyofpeace: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
God I thank you o, finally I started seeing white people in my dreams these days, unlike before that it was only naija people I was seeing in my dreams. It is now that I know that I have finally arrived in Canada. It is now permanent and to God be the glory

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enemyofpeace: 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
Dollywood:

Hmm Canada is the 2nd largest country with just a population of 39million the country is very big but can be so boring because everyone mind their business there it's gonna be that easy to make friends unless u have a dating app or you're in school.. The Canadians are polite but they prefer to keep their problems to themselves instead of sharing it with others.
And their Winter!!! Jeez... That is when the real boredom sets in.. The harsh winter there can make u stay at home all day for months because u can't really go outside catch some fun unlike their Summer! Their summer is the best to enjoy in The country... But they have longer winter than summer.. Their summer is short like 4months of summer and 6months of winter! angry Those who enjoy Canada the most are those with their family, if u go alone boredom can make u regret grin

na true you talk. Abeg help me with a dating app? I no wan die of boredom here and body no be wood
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
na true you talk. Abeg help me with a dating app? I no wan die of boredom here and body no be wood

Try POF (Plenty of fish) grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
God I thank you o, finally I started seeing white people in my dreams these days, unlike before that it was only naija people I was seeing in my dreams. It is now that I know that I have finally arrived in Canada. It is now permanent and to God be the glory

Hahaha this is hilarious grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
grin grin

Local man has been blown with Konji grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adunnee: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
Please I need clarification on this ACCA/CPA issue.

My husby has 3 more papers to write. His intention is to write 2 papers in Nigeria and the remaining one in Canada.

Does he mean he won't be able to convert his ACCA certificate to CPA upon completion?

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enemyofpeace: 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
buchito1:
grin grin

Local man has been blown with Konji grin grin
no be my fault. It is a natural phenomenon. I no fit kill myself grin grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enemyofpeace: 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
Dollywood:

Try POF (Plenty of fish) grin
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by abiolaadedoyin(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
[Pls how can we confirm original LMIA. I heard there is fake by all these agents

quote author=SixSigma1 post=74426295]

@francoteeboy2626

As a Nigerian living in Nigeria you sure can get a temporary work permit to Canada from Nigeria if you get hired for a job that the employer can prove that the job is legitimately required and no Canadian or person with permanent resident can do the job or wants to do the job. So, getting hired to play talking drum would qualify if that job could be proven to be legitimately required by the employer and no Canadian or person with permanent resident status can do the job or wants to do the job. Many Nigerians known to me are legitimately in Canada today through Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) for jobs like live-in caregiver/nanny for a Nigerian family, Nigerian local language teachers (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa.....), playing local drums (full time) like @francoteeboy2626 wants to do etc.

So, read the links in @joo2018 post that I have quoted for the legitimate way to approach this.

As a final note, please do not use any agent. They can not help you in anyway.

@joo2018:

You have said it all. The part in bold above about raising a LMIA and availability/willingness of Citizen or PR to do the job is the key for Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).

@czaratwork:

I believe @joo2018 post and my comments above clarify your comment. The jobs Nigerians get work permit for are typically culturally inclined where it is easy to prove that no citizen or PR is available or willing to do the job. For these type of jobs, there is no reason to use an agent to get work permit through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). For this reason, they are told they are about to be defrauded if they are using agents and this is true.

@rainazoe:

No, you do not have to be in Canada already before you can be sponsored as a Nigerian through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by abiolaadedoyin(m): 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
Pls is there any link to confirm LMIA. I heard they have started issuing fake. Pls
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teddyblaze: 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hi all
Please anyone planning on landing in january/february in Ontario and interested in sharing an apartment. Kindly reply so we could link up. I'm male BTW.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maternal: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
Dollywood:

It's not that serious. Those who are bored hop a plane and go anywhere in the world visa free any way.

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 12:14am On Nov 17, 2019
maternal:

It's not that serious. Those who are bored hop a plane and go anywhere in the world visa free any way.

Not completely true

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hotstepper(f): 12:23am On Nov 17, 2019
If you are looking for 1 bedroom basement in Brampton, a friend is renting hers..It is a brand new basement apartment.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dyolahh: 1:42am On Nov 17, 2019
19CannyMum:

Pleaser which of the WalMart's? Na wao

Walmart at Deerfoot NE

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Crimson15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.